Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in W/O September 2

EDD/W+D : 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appts:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! 

Re: Group 1 (April 1-8) Check-in W/O September 2

• EDD/W+D : April 6 / 9w1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: I have to convince my hubs to find out still. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Southern Pecan 

Upcoming Appts: Sept 17 for initial Pap smear and ultrasound

How are you feeling? Soooo much better. My nausea has gone away for the most part only coming around when I haven’t eaten. 

Raves/Rants: made my favorite soup for dinner tonight and was able to actually eat it 😍😍  

Questions: Obviously everyone just wants a healthy babe but is anyone hoping for a certain gender?? Team boy over here!  

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! Met in 2010 at Panera Bread (at our orientation) then started dating in 2011 and got married in July 2017 ❤️
  •  

EDD/W+D : April 8th- 8 weeks, 6 days 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of popcorn 

Upcoming Appts: Not sure. I have to call tomorrow to schedule my 12 week appointment, which will be a little after 12 weeks, since my husband is traveling for work that week. It will be the first week in October sometime. 

How are you feeling? 
    Tired. I haven’t had much nausea or morning sickness thankfully, but the fatigue was kicking in bad today. 

Raves/Rants: I am just feeling really grateful that I’m having a baby. I became an aunt for the first time this weekend and I loved being able to hold that newborn for my first time. I’m excited that my baby will have a cousin close in age. 

Questions: I can’t think of any right now! 

@reneelanderson as for your question, I don’t have a preference! 

We met at my best friend’s wedding! I was her bridesmaid and my DH is her cousin. I’ve known his extended family, since I was in kindergarten, but never met him. His whole family was trying to set us up! Guess it worked! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D : April 3rd, 9+4 (thinking it might be earlier, since I O'd early, I'll find out on Friday!)

finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appts: First ultrasound this Friday, 9/6 and I cannot wait!

How are you feeling? 
    Still nauseous, but a little less than the last few weeks. Fatigue has improved as well. Boobs are huge and painful. Bloat. Moody. Insane dreams. Peeing all night. And hungry ALL THE TIME! 

Raves/Rants: Just tired of feeling crappy, even though it is a little better. C'mon 2nd tri!!

Questions: None

@reneelanderson leaning a little towards team girl, since I already have one, and she would love a sister. But think it'll be cool to have one of each too! 

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! High school. Started dating in 2001. We go waaay back. Been together for 18 years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ruby_loveruby_love member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D : April 8 | 9 weeks! 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): Postage stamp 

Upcoming Appts:  Still waiting for around 12 weeks to have midwife come over. 

How are you feeling? I’ve been so nauseous and tired. The nausea is good because it is my pregnancy normal, but it’s so hard! 

Raves/Rants: My DH has been so helpful since I started having symptoms at 6 weeks. I couldn’t do this without him. 

Questions: Anyone else craving a lot of fruit??

It was our sophomore year of college. We got cast in the same musical. We just hit it off right away and before we knew it we fell in love! 🥰 We have been married for over 5 years and together for over 7. And yes, our children are very musical. 😂 
  • @reneelanderson We are kind of hoping for another boy so we can have two and two. But we are totally fine with another girl. 

@babyrummom Congrats on being an auntie! And being a mom for the first time is sooo special. I loved everything about my first experience and felt like you, just really happy to be a mom. 😊
  • EDD/W+D : April 1st/ 10w0d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out. This is our 3rd and last so as much as I would say I'd love to be team green, I'm not good at waiting for anything so I have to know! I go tomorrow for my harmony test. I have 1 boy and 1 girl so this one's a tie breaker.

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming Appts: tomorrow for the Harmony and 2 weeks for my 12wk appt and NT ultrasound

How are you feeling? Better this week. The past 3-4 weeks I've been like a zombie. So so tired and nauseous and could barely function but better this week. Still quesy but I was finally able to cook again yesterday!

Raves/Rants: my almost 2 year old is having a hard time transitioning into her toddler bed. Sleepless nights. Ugh. Maybe I'll sleep sometime in the next 5 years!

Questions: none

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! High school sweethearts! We broke up for a while in college and then reconnected sophomore year. Been together since 2001 and married since 2008. This is our 3rd baby.
  • EDD/ W+D: 10 weeks! April 1 but I have been telling people April 2 to avoid jokes. April 2 is also my 30th birthday 😊 @mwill291 we are due date buddies! 

Team finding out

Baby is the size of a kumquat 

Appt: NIPT tomorrow morning! 

How are are you feeling?: like none of my clothes fit! Can’t believe how bloated I am. 

No rants, raves or questions. 

GTKY: we met at a frat party, which is hilarious to all of our friends since we are such bookworms. It was my freshman year of college and he was celebrating his younger brother’s 21st birthday. He was the only guy I’d met in college who was interested in having an actual conversation rather than only drinking and dancing — I was enamored! We’ve been together for 11 years. 
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 9w+1d

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: I’m not sure, but hubby wants to know!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Upcoming Appts: First appt was yesterday, and I feel relieved to have seen our little bean sprout. Next appt will be Sept 24 at 12 weeks. 

How are you feeling? Overall pretty well, though the nausea set in about two weeks ago and the food aversions are strong! New today, I was lightheaded/dizzy pretty much anytime I stood for too long.

Raves/Rants: None for now. 

Questions: Those of you with upcoming NIPT, did you have to request or is it an option for you based on age or risk? My OB practice recommended me the Quad because they consider me low-risk, but the NIPT seems more reliable...

GTKY: We met at a festival I was working. He was a college basketball coach at the time and he was called in as backup to supervise the players we had hired as event staff. He was new in town, and my good friend/co-worker invited him to join us at a party the next week. We’ve been together five years now, and our four year wedding anniversary is next week!
  • EDD/W+D : April 6th / 9 + 3 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry 

Upcoming Appts: U/S hopefully sometime in the next few weeks (haven’t got a date yet), and prenatal at the end of the month 

How are you feeling? Nauseous, tired, so many smells... I’m kinda thinking I MAYBE have felt a bit better the last few days or maybe I’m just getting used to it. 

Raves/Rants: same as @kerriann0o114 .. just tired of feeling icky! My sleep schedule also has been so whacked from working night shifts

Questions: Ive always wanted a girl .. love the cute clothes and bows! Odds are not in my favor .. DH comes from a strong family history of boys. I’m just scared of having like 4 boys. 

We met through a friend when we were 18 & 19. She was not expecting us to hit it off! 
  • EDD/W+D :  April 7th / 9+2

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pecan

Upcoming Appts: Just had my first OB visit yesterday after graduating from the fertility clinic. I am addicted to seeing that sweetheart beat! Nothing for the next 4 weeks which is such a blessing since with fertility cycles I was at the office every 2-3 days for weeks on end sometimes. 

How are you feeling? Still very, very tired but mentally in a much better place. DH and I have made some solid decisions on some things that were up in the air (living situation, him working vs. him staying home, etc) that have stopped all the wheels constantly spinning in my mind. 

Raves/Rants: After all the injections, supplements, and prescriptions I'm now down to just a daily prenatal and a daily Crinone suppository, and I get to stop the Crinone next week!!

Questions: Lots of talk of NIPT, CVS, amnios, etc on the board and at the doctor's this week. Anyone else considering NOT doing any additional testing/screening other than the usual doctor visits and ultrasounds? We don't have any particular risk factors, so we are torn. 

We met working on a (very terrible) play. He was a freshman in college on the stage crew, and I was the stage manager with the professional theatre company who was "in residence" at the college (where I had also just graduated from). We flirted and kissed at a cast party and had our first date a week after the show closed! We've been together now for a little over 10 years, married for 3. 

@reneelanderson I am hoping for a girl because all the girl names we like are better than the boy ones! But my family could use a few more boys in the mix - I have six sisters (no brothers) and 10 nieces and 3 nephews.

• @danibean19 lurking from group 2, but I never got any additional testing with my first and don't currently plan to this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jenabary I’m 29 and don’t have any risk factors but my clinic routinely reviews all of the different covered & not covered test options with patients. They let you opt into any test as long as you are aware of pricing. The NIPT they offer is through Progenity so we contacted the company to see what the costs would be (came out to around $340 but only paying 10% after meeting deductible). 
  • EDD/W+D : April 7, 9+2

Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appts: my first midwife appointment is next week 

How are you feeling? Starting to feel a bit better better. The nausea isn’t constant any more, and the fatigue is come and go. 

Raves/Rants: I had to cancel a massage I had booked, because my RMT doesn’t treat prenatal patients in their first trimester. On the plus side, DS has been sleeping a bit better!

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! We met online, and really hit it off on our first date... right away it just felt right. 
  • @reneelanderson I’m torn. With them being so close in age (18 months apart), another boy would be fun. But I’d also like a girl, to have that experience too!

@babyrummom That’s awesome they will be so close. My BIL and husband wife have a little girl just two months older than my first 

@kerriann0o114 How early do you think you O’d? Could it be a March baby? Are you going to abandon us?!?

@ruby_love Your midwife comes to you for appointments? That’s so cool - where are you? Also, I craved fruit all the time with my first, and it’s starting again!

@mwill291 Glad you’re starting to feel better!

@independentgeorge Oh, the bloat is so real here too! I’m only wearing yoga pants until I go back to work - then it’s maternity pants all the way!

@jenabary Last time we only didn’t the quad. I think the NT is covered this time since I'm 35 now, but otherwise we’d just do the basics 

@kath1414 Do you know why your care team isn’t doing an early ultrasound to confirm dating?

@danibean19 Yay for graduating to the regular OB!
  • Wow, @Sailing_Mama , you got to all of us! 😂

I live in the south but i am having a homebirth so everything comes to me. 💆🏼‍♀️ With my last birth, my midwife and her doulas came at 37 weeks and set everything up for my birth. And then after I had her I was in my bed. 💕 Are you using a birthing center?? 
  • @ruby_love My old BMB always had lots of discussions going on threads, but as we are still new, it seemed like people were checking in, but not really starting a dialogue. I figured I'd try and spark some conversation and get things going!

That's awesome that all of your appointments are at home! With our midwives, you'd still see them in clinic, although the first couple of pp appointments are at home, regardless of where you deliver. 

I'm in Canada, and we don't have birthing centers. I'll deliver in a hospital again, but will have one of my midwives and my doula there, and the care team will just be them plus the nurse assigned to me. I have the option of home birth, but last time I was slow to stop bleeding. It never got dangerous, but I wouldn't want to risk not being in the hospital. It's nice though, because I'm cared for by a midwife, it's still pretty intimate. I laboured, delivered and recovered/stayed in the same room, only had the care team mentioned above in the room (except when my nurse took lunch, there was someone covering her), and the baby stayed with me the whole time. They don't take them to weigh, measure, etc. until after the golden hour and first nursing (unless there is a concern). 

• @Sailing_Mama This is my first time on this app but I know what you mean. I think it will hit a rhythm. 😄 But thanks for getting it started! 

And that sounds great to have all that support. It’s always the best feeling to have people that support you. 
  • @danibean19 Though I asked about the NIPT, I’m actually considering not doing any testing, as long as everything continues to look good at our appointments. I might consider NIPT since it has increased accuracy (and identifies sex early), but I’m not sure I am willing to pay out of pocket.

@independentgeorge and @Sailing_Mama Thanks for the responses! It’s helpful to know what other mamas are doing/have done!

• EDD/W+D : April 6, 9+4

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: not finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): green olive

Upcoming Appts: September 20 

How are you feeling? Starting to feel like myself again! Hoping to get back to all my usual household tasks that have been neglected lately.

Raves/Rants none so far!

Questions: not sure what I want this baby to be! We have two boys and one girl already, so I’d be happy with either!

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! We met when my roommate after college was dating his coworker. They broke up and we got together :) we’ve been together for 11 years and married for 9 next month!
  • @masters1010 I’m not finding out either! But everyone thinks it’s a girl. My mom had g,b,g,g and I am following that pattern! It will be exciting to finally find out. 😊
  • @danibean19 in regards to additional testing, my husband and i discussed it with our first pregnancy and decided we wouldn't do anything invasive if it wouldn't change anything. It's really a personal choice. There are risks involved with things like CVS and amnios so you have to decide if the outcome of the test is worth the risk for you. It is my 3rd pregnancy and i always do the NIPT and NT ultrasound but have always opted out of CVS and amnio because so far i have been low risk and the risk of it causing pregnancy loss for me was greater than the risk of it being positive. Just talk to your doctor about your personal risk factors and risks and between you and your partner, decide.
  • @independentgeorge yay for being due date buddies! 
  • Phew!  Squeaking in under the wire with this one.  It's been a CRAZY week.

EDD/W+D: 4/6 9+5

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out with M21 test.  Doing the bloodwork on 9/16!

Baby is the size of a(n): uhhh... I haven't even looked.  Isn't this the same for all of us in this thread?  I feel like this question is superfluous.

Upcoming Appts: bloodwork 9/16, US and OB appointment on 9/24.

How are you feeling? LIKE TRASH THANKS.  This was the first week for students and I thought I was going to die for the entire day Wednesday.  I threw up for the first time with either pregnancy on Wednesday morning.  And then had to go do the song and dance for a bunch of stinky 13-year-olds.  I'm slightly better today and yesterday, but I'm maxing out on Diclegis and forcing myself to go to sleep by like 8:30 every night.

Raves/Rants: We're in the middle of an enormous home renovation and we're like.  DEEP.  right now.  We have no kitchen.  Like.  Literally.  My kitchen consists of an empty room with holes in the floor.

Questions: Anyone tried Phenergan?  My doc is considering switching me to it since my nausea has been really rowdy.  I did some research and I'm not super comfortable with the risks.

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! We were introduced by mutual friends at a concert!  They invited a bunch of random friends, including me and my sister, to meet up one Friday night.  Then we carried on with the evening at a bar, where I proceeded to ignore him the entire time.  Then the next night, I went out and wasn't having a good time, and the same mutual friends texted to tell me that he was hanging out over at their house, and that I should come by.  I did, and he walked me home later that night and asked me out.  We went on our first date the following weekend, and the rest is history.
  • @NiceyMeany my sickness was the very worst in week 9 also and I am on diclegis. One particularly bad day I did use phenergan. I work in the ER as a nurse at a hospital that is known for delivering babies, so we see tons and tons of pregnant women and phenergan is our first choice nausea treatment for hyperemesis in pregnancy. Most of the OBs recommend it above zofran where I work but you should speak with your doctor and your pharmacist and make sure you're comfortable taking it I guess. 
  • @mwill291 My doc said the same thing - that they recommend it above Zofran.  They did say that it can cause constipation, similar to Zofran, which is a major deterrent for me.  I had horrible constipation with my first pregnancy and it was miserable.  I spoke to a friend who is a pharmacist, and he said that he feels that Phenergan is generally safe, but I don't love how little it's been studied.  I don't have hyperemesis (just debilitating nausea, ha), and generally like to wait for the risks of NOT taking the medicine to outweigh the risks of taking it.  Right now I feel like I'm functioning enough that I can't justify taking something that carries any risk.  Thank you for the insight!
  • EDD/W+D : april 6th, 9 weeks 5 days... I'm always behind on doing these lol 🙈

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out this is our third and final baby and neither my husband and I can wait. 

Baby is the size of a(n): eastern tailed blue butterfly 

Upcoming Appts: September 17th for my first appointment with my midwife then hopefully ultrasound not too long after that.

How are you feeling? 
    Compared to my other two pregnancies amazing! Besides being hungry like all the time. I only feel nauseous when I don't eat. 

Raves/Rants 
    Nothing really. I had a brief moments of anxiety of thinking I may lose the baby(previous miscarriage between my girls) but I used my doppler and found the beautiful heartbeat.

Questions: 
    No questions but to answer  @reneelanderson either we would be happy but hoping for a boy for my hubby. He's an amazing father to girls but would love to have a boy for him. 

GTKY: Tell us how you met your significant other! I met my s.o through an ex in highschool they were best friends. We broke up he split with his ex and wwe randomly started talking months later. We have been together for 11 years and will be married for 6 on october 26th.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Sailing_Mama We don’t always get early u/s to confirm dating because I’m in Canada and our system is so backed up. It takes months to get in for diagnostic tests (u/s, CT, MRIs) and surgeries (obviously depending how serious it is). Nothing is private, it’s all government funded and there’s only so much money to spend. Personally I’d prefer a privatized system I think. It’s all “free” for us but we have very high taxes and I think there’s a lot of abuse in the system. Like unnecessary ER visits. 
  • @kath1414 Are you rural? I'm Canadian too, and have never had issues getting in for obstetric ultrasounds with either pregnancy, and never had to wait more than a couple of weeks when I was getting tested/diagnosed with PCOS. Last time I had some bleeding, and was able to get in the same day my midwives sent the requisition. 

Sorry you seem to have had such a negative experience with our healthcare. I'm not wanting to start a political debate, but I can't speak highly enough of it, based on personal and family experiences. 
  • @Sailing_Mama yes, it is officially a March baby after my ultrasound this past Friday. New EDD 3/30. I'm still gonna hang with you ladies though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Sailing_Mama not rural! Maybe it’s just my province! Some people only get a 20wk ultrasound here but I think that’s a provincial thing. Everyone will get in eventually for whatever ultrasounds the doctor orders or have one the day of if it’s an emergency. I had an ultrasound for endometriosis and I waited Atleast 3 months. 
  • EDD/W+D : April 2, 2020. 11+0

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out, NIPT Sept 18, we will know before October.

Baby is the size of a(n): Fig

Upcoming Appts: NIPT blood test Sept 18, Check up October 7th

How are you feeling? My nausea has vanished over night, I traded it for indigestion! Headaches and bursts of energy. Extremely weepy and irritable.

Raves/Rants Literally zero desire to do my college studying/assignments.

Questions: 

I met my SO on a video game that we had both played for a decade prior. He lived in Michigan (where I have family) and I lived in Tennessee (paternal side of my family). Just so happened that his work was contracting him out to my area. We met up and just clicked, we have had our struggles but are still together going strong. Our 5th year anniversary is on December 1st.