January 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 9/4

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be?

Re: PGAL Check-in 9/4

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 19w3d

2. Previous loss(es)?  1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I'm a bit of a rollercoaster with hormones. Physcially, I'm doing a LOT better. 

4. Any appointment updates? 9/24 regular OB

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? This day is off to a crappy start. I was awoken at 2am by something in the attic. So went up and placed the trap. We dozed back off...only to be awoken again an hour later to said trap being sprung. We caught ourselves a nice, fat, disgusting possum. We argued what to do with it. It died. Then we had to get rid of it. By that time, it was 345, and my alarm goes off at 4. I gave up on sleeping. I get to work, and log on to my computer. "Credentials Revoked". I managed to fix that, shockingly. Then I bit into a mushy slimey bite of egg (which I don't like anyway) and gagged, ruining my breakfast. I was looking forward to the bright spot of my evening, The Fellowship of the Ring, Extended Edition tonight, but now I'm dreading being that late. I think I might work through lunch, leave at 1400 and take a 3 hour nap. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Halfway mark!

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be? No one. Believe it or not, I'm content with my life. Sure, I wish I had more money. I wish I'd reconnected with SO 10 years ago. I wish...I wish...I wish...but, ultimately, I'm happy with whom I became and with whom I'm with. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 23 weeks, what?!?

2. Previous loss(es)? Buche de Noel (or Christmas yule log)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I cannot complain, I think I have hit the 2nd trimester grace period finally. Last week I was so sick with a virus now I'm just trying to get back the weight I lost and keep hydrated.

4. Any appointment updates? next Tuesday with the midwife..but as she said, this tends to the less exciting part of pregnancy hahahah

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: my mom has to go to a conference in vancouver and wan'ts me and DD to tag a long...sounds great! hahah I hope that it actually happens and we get a girls trip out of it, this would be late september. Also made it to DD's new school again without being late, I'm on a roll and don't want to jinx it hahaha

6. Any milestones coming up? let's go 3rd trimester, you're coming soon!

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be? I would only want to trade for a day with either Queen Elizabeth (when she was a bit younger so I have more mobility ahaha) or potentially someone from the renaissance period to see what it was like during that one day.

@FyreFlyeRush ugh sucks that you had literally no sleep. Going home early and taking a nap sounds like a good solution!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 20 weeks 😱

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I’m anxious for our mfm scan today. I always get nervous we arent going to see any heartbeats. Physically my back hurts and the rlp is intense. I had to by a belly band for some relief. 

4. Any appointment updates? Mfm and hopefully the amnio today. Anatomy scan 9/13. Ob 9/19

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My dresses I ordered come in today. I’m hoping something looks nice. Ds has his first day of school today. We kind of had to ditch him to get out of there after dropping him off. Dh and I went out to a nice breakfast afterwards.

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day but the major one is good results from the amnio and viability at 24 weeks  

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be? I have no idea. It would be cool to do Queen Elizabeth like c1kc1kpol1cn1k said. Maybe someone rich haha.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 yay week 20!!!!!! Good luck at today's appointment :) hope that you like your dresses also!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 good luck today!!!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I hope today goes well & baby girl cooperates! Xxx
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush hope your days days better. That does sound like a rough way to start...

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k they say this is the less exciting bit of pregnancy but I dunno...feeling the baby is pretty sweet and exciting to me. It is amazing how long there still is to incubate though!

1. How many weeks are you? 19.5 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 and 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally okay but the closer I get to my anatomy scan the more I worry about something being wrong. But it's not debilitating and I feel reassured feeling the baby. Physically feeling more tired and wondering if my thyroid and iron levels are okay. Also getting some muscle twitches which are characteristic of low iron for me so I'll ask to check up on that next week. I'm already taking so much so if it's getting low, I'm headed for an infusion I think.

4. Any appointment updates? Next week is the anatomy scan!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? The days are already starting to cool in the mornings and evenings which makes the start of fall seem so close. I'm not ready or motivated enough to tackle it yet.

6. Any milestones coming up? 20 week half way point!

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be? It might be interesting to teach a class as a man for a day. I wonder how much different you might be treated?
  • Options
    @biolprof I think I’m going to need to increase my iron as well. Hopefully you don’t need an infusion! 

@FyreFlyeRush sorry you didn’t get any sleep! Hopefully no possums bother you tonight!

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k that would be so fun for a getaway to Vancouver! I’ve never been but I’ve heard it’s nice. 
  • Options
    @biolprof I hope you don’t need an infusion! 
  • Options
    @biolprof, you've got a point about being a man for a day. I wonder how much easier getting people to trust me when I say X is wrong with your PC if I were male. Working in a male dominated field has its challenges, no? I've actually been asked, hand deep into someone's PC case if the "IT guy" will be in later. My response, "I *AM* the IT Guy".
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? 23 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 last year. 1 at 7 weeks. 1 chemical.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm feeling really good now that I can feel baby girl moving. Emotionally it's been hard, though, because this pregnancy has been so difficult and I'm fairly miserable. But I don't feel like I can say how badly I feed because I should be so grateful for this baby...which I am.

4. Any appointment updates? Had my 20 week scan two weeks ago and am waiting for the next one in another two weeks. We'll test for GD next time.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so tired of being tired!

6. Any milestones coming up? GD testing and we'll be doing ultrasounds from here on out because my doc wants to make sure baby girl isn't getting too big.

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be? I wouldn't. I love my life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @thshaw, I am a firm believer in ending the shaming that comes with women not being thrilled with EVERY aspect of being pregnant. It doesn't mean we aren't grateful, especially those of us with previous losses. But, let's be real...baking a human is HARD work. You're more than a little entitled to not enjoy parts of it....besides, the things like movement make up for the misery. 
  • Options
    thshawthshaw member
    edited September 2019
    FyreFlyeRush  Thanks! It's been so hard battling feeling like crap throughout most of this pregnancy, but I have at least learned to be honest with my hubby about how I've been feeling...and have had a few all out sob sessions about it, too =).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush totally said what I was going to say. You can be super thankful for a baby and still complain about how bad you feel. Pregnancy is a marathon for women. It doesn't mean you didn't sign up for it or won't be happy you did it but you might suffer a bit along the way and everyone should understand that!
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 21+1

2. Previous loss(es)? My son at 17 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I'm doing pretty good.  Some days I am really short of breath and I have starting having daily headaches but otherwise chugging along.  Emotionally doing ok, especially since I have noticed an uptick in movement this week which is more reassuring.  

4. Any appointment updates? FINALLY have my anatomy scan on Monday.  It was supposed to be this past week and got pushed back.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I am just so thrilled to be feeling so much movement!  Real kicks just started in the past day or 2 and I am loving it and missed it so much.  I never thought I would get to experience pregnancy again so it's all so amazing. 

6. Any milestones coming up?  Every day is a milestone, but a reassuring A/S and then viability!

7. GTKY: If you could trade places with someone, dead or alive, who would it be?  When I was younger I always wanted to live the life of a Hollywood actress, but not anymore.  I am pretty content with where I am in life.