May 2020 Moms

Weekend Randoms 9/7-9/8

Good Morning!

Anyone doing anything fun?

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/7-9/8

• We are heading to Little Gym this morning with DS and then to brunch with some friends! I have to check in with work a little later today but that should be quick. We finally put up the pendant lights we ordered for our kitchen last night and I’m loving the way they turned out. 

PS I wasn’t sure we needed a new thread for weekend randoms but I guess we can see what we think after a little while. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2019
    I’m just sticking around at home. DD came down with a fever yesterday that hasn’t fully broken yet. We are also still continuing potty training.  :#

I forgot to add, she threw up in the car seat on the way home from picking her up. We were just a few streets from our house. :(
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no, @m6agua, it's so awful when they throw up in their car seats. For them and you - ugh. I'm trying to convince DS and DD to get dressed so we can get pastries at the farmers market. I never should have turned Paw Patrol on... 😕
  • @m6agua oh no! I’m sorry to hear about your DD. ☹️ Good luck with potty training!!

@ruby696 @m6agua I’m definitely jinxing myself but we haven’t experienced car seat throw up yet,  but I imagine it’s as awful as it sounds.
  • @rachelg777 I'm so glad your new lights look good!

@m6agua aww man that sucks. There's nothing worse than a sick lo. I hope she feels better soon

@ruby696 haha paw patrol will get em every time. For DS it's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Good luck getting your pastries!

I have a hair appointment, my second beta and I have to hit the Wal-Mart for a few vitamins my RE wants me on. Actually, I have a question, my progesterone the RE ordered won't be here until Tuesday, but it's a suppository that I'll be putting in before bed. Are those messy or does most of it stay where it's supposed to? Will I need to wear a pad to bed?
  • @rachelg777 I'm not sure which is worse: feeling bad for your miserable kid, the smell, or having to take the whole car seat apart to wash everything.  DS is old enough now to throw up in a bag, and it's sooo much better!
  • @ruby696 cleaning the car seat I think is the worst. Especially since I can only clean the straps with a damp wash cloth and a very minimal amount of gentle soap. I hope you were able to get those pastries!

@rachelg777 I hope brunch was good! This was only her second throw up in the car seat and she is going to be 3.

@splashmountain sounds like a busy day so far. What are you getting done to your hair? I’m going to need a touch up on my dye job, but figured I would wait for a while yet.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• DD1 had her first ever soccer game this morning. Now we are all headed to go furniture shopping for the new house and get some more clothes for the girls since they’ve grown so much since late July. LOL
  • @m6agua cleaning car seats is the worst!  

We are going to get to get a new car seat for DD3 today or tomorrow and I really have been trying to find the “easiest” to clean. 
  • My brother in law is visiting this weekend with his two kids (4 and 1) and they took hours to settle down last night but DS slept through all of it so I'm taking that as a good sign
  • @m6agua just a cut, my layers were getting a little long. I've never dyed my hair, I've always been so afraid I'd hate it lol.
  • @m6agua my DD threw up in her car seat this morning too 😬 she’s not sick or anything, we just live on a long, windy mountain road and she’s still rear facing because she’s not 2 yet. I wanted to do extended rear facing, but not with the frequency with which she gets carsick.

Nothing exciting going on here this weekend. I’m a high school band director and fall means marching season, so we have rehearsal today. My H runs the visual aspect of it (designs and writes the movements on the field and teaches the kids how to march), so DD is with my mom today.
  • @splashmountain The vaginal suppository will leak if you were to get up and about so at night I would plan on inserting it and going straight to bed. I don’t notice a mess like needing a liner but some does come out in the toilet if you get up to pee at night. FX for your beta and have fun getting your haircut!

@TattoosandLace I bet watching your DD was so cute! Have fun furniture shopping! Did you guys move far or just to a new house? We recently moved too so have been doing some of that. Our new dining table comes on Monday so I’m excited!
  • @splashmountain Re: suppositories - I think it depends on what kind you're taking. I take 200mg Progestan in the morning and that's not too bad. I do wear a panty liner because I'm up walking. At night I have a different suppository (estrogen and progesterone) that is mixed in coconut oil and refrigerated. Once the oil warms up, I can't even cough without having a mess. It's not fun. I wear a panty liner to bed, too.
  • @rachelg777 Four year old soccer is like herding cats! It was adorable. 

We moved off my husband’s family farm about five miles away. We’ve decided since we have a ton more space than we did that we should invest in some good dressers, etc. a close family friend is building the girls’ bunk beds. 
  • I am hosting a birthday party for my mom and her twin sister tonight. My grandparents are here too and my sister and her family. My sister is pregnant and due in March so I’m having a hard time keeping quiet!
  • Today was swim class for DD and grocery shopping. We were out of town last weekend so we are hoping to just relax this weekend. 
  • @JStill0603 how was the birthday party?
  • JStill0603JStill0603 member
    edited September 2019
    Great thanks for asking! My moms family has been going through a tough year with a death in the family and a recent cancer diagnosis so it was nice to just get away from all that for a little fun family time. 

I am just feeling a bit light headed/nauseous so that makes it a little difficult to sit thru when they don’t know yet. 

Told DH this morning. His reaction kind of surprised me but I think it’s going to take a little getting used to for all of us, the idea of a 3rd kid. He somehow didn’t remember having the conversation with me that he wanted to try! 😳 I don’t know how it’s possible that you don’t remember that conversation. Now the thought of telling my parents (who are one of our main sources of childcare now) that in addition to my sisters newborn, I’m due 2 months after her, when I know my mom wasn’t entirely thrilled for her makes me that much more nervous. 
  • @JStill0603 it sucks when the reaction you get isn’t an entirely positive one. Here’s hoping your H warms up quickly!
  • @JStill0603 ugh. I feel ya there. MIL is never thrilled for anything except other people failing so we know she’s not going to be happy for us. 

Hopefully Your H comes around ASAP. :)
  • I forgot how hard it is to order food when pregnant. Ran out of dish soap (new bottle arrives tomorrow) so obviously it’s a sign to eat out. Ended up getting pasta since I couldn’t have a wrap or other things on the menu I wanted. Lol you better believe a sandwich from Jimmy johns will be the first thing I eat after delivery! 
  • We had my SIL’s wedding this weekend. We did end up telling her and her new husband (he’s my husbands best friend). And it was actually a relief because they really helped me pull off the fake drinking thing all weekend!
  • @splashmountain yay for good betas!! How long before your EDD do you get to start mat leave? 
  • @rachelg777 I can go out at 36 weeks.
  • @splashmountain Yay for great Betas! Are they planing on doing any more?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019