April 2020 Moms

Fit Friday 9/6

How's it going this week?

Re: Fit Friday 9/6

• I did basically nothing this week, since I injured myself last weekend. I'm feeling MUCH better now, but I've had a little bleeding (unrelated), so I'm on pelvic rest and no exercise until my appointment next week. It seems like everything's okay, so I should be good to go soon, but it's frustrating to feel so inactive.
  • I managed to make it to the gym today. I planned to do some cardio and some light weights (since I haven’t don’t any strength training in weeks). Before the BFP, I often worked out on a empty or near empty stomach. Made the mistake by trying to do that today 😅 after cardio and half way into my first set my body reminded me that I’m pregnant and needed to eat more. So I cut the gym short to eat lunch and take a nap, but I still got a good 30 minutes in 🤷🏾‍♀️
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I made it to a HIIT class on Tuesday and got to about 40 minutes in before I felt sick. I was frustrated to not be able to finish the class.  I am planning on taking 2 classes tomorrow, but it’ll depend on how I feel in the morning.  I was nauseous a lot of the day today.  I’m hoping I can get to the gym more consistently next week.  
  • @drkoyya I did the same thing! I usually work out first thing and then eat breakfast, but when I tried that a couple weeks ago, I felt super nauseous after. Lesson learned!

@danamarie421 Good luck with the nausea this weekend and I hope you’re feeling a little stronger in the next class!
  • I have been doing T25 on Beachbody and ran 3 miles on Wednesday. I usually run twice during the work week, but I was thrown off with the long weekend and thought Wednesday was Tuesday. Plan to run today, but it’s raining outside... maybe treadmill later. 
  • @aresee Glad you’re feeling better! 

Also glad to see mamas working out! It always inspires me. 😊

I have been walking every day and made it for 2 pool sessions this week. It seriously wipes me out. I had hoped to do some Ballet Beautiful but will probably push that off till Monday. 

• Thank you so much @aresee! I made it through kickboxing and a weights class this morning and felt pretty great after!  

It is a huge goal of mine to stay active this pregnancy!  I didn’t work out at all when I was pregnant with my son and I gained almost 50 pounds!!  I have an amazing support system from my gym family and I’m so happy that we have these weekly check-ins as well!  

Great job Ladies!!!!  You are all badasses!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • FINALLY back to working out for the first time in 4 full weeks. Not crazy  but Thursday I went for a 3 mile walk with a friend and Friday made it back to Orange Theory. Feels so good to be back!
  • I worked out today, this time in a full stomach, but I still got the same results. After 30 minutes, I started to feel light headed and got a headache. I’m learning that 30 minutes of moderate cardio is my new max 🤷🏾‍♀️

This week I’m going to attempt strength training, let’s see how it goes.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • So I'm feeling much better now and my bleeding has gone away, so I'm dying to get back to working out. I'm supposed to wait until my appointment on Friday, so in the meantime, I'm going to focus on trying to get my steps in every day this week.