Infertility

July 2019 FET

Re: July 2019 FET

• @wifeinraleigh28 thank you so much for your recommendations. I will definitely look at that pump and those bottles. I am hoping to breastfeed but with three, to save on time, I think one at every feeding will be bottle fed so if that bottle is most like latching for breast feeding it might be best for us! Thank you again! 
  • I used Medela hospital grade pump. I breastfeed and pumped to save the milk as I produced a lot. I second Medela
  • Loading the player...
  • italianmommy8italianmommy8 member
    edited August 2019
    It’s normal for this fertility clinic to do weekly ultrasounds and blood work until you graduate. I will be starting with the high risk doctor after I graduate too in addition to my OB, my prior children were high risk pregnancies for preterm labor and did P16 shots from 16-36 weeks. Had my son at 35 weeks went into labor with him at 27 weeks and had my daughter at 39 weeks scheduled csection but went into labor with her at 23 weeks. Bed rest, etc. hopefully this pregnancy will be different but they want me to the P17 shots again as they worked wonders when I was pregnant with my daughter. (It’s like starting over as they are now 10 1/2 and 8) 
  • edited August 2019
    I'm kind of annoyed with my OB office. When I called a week ago to schedule my first appointment (which is next Wednesday) they told me that I would be receiving a call from MFM to schedule an ultrasound prior to that appointment. Well it had been a week and I never heard anything so I called and apparently when they received my records from my RE they saw I had 2 ultrasounds (that confirmed cardiac activity) already and decided (without sharing this with me) that I won't be getting another ultrasound. They said my OB will make a decision at my appointment next week since I'm high risk (so I might get another u/s soon) but otherwise I might just end up waiting until my anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. I'm so annoyed by the lack of communication! At least I'll get to HEAR the hb for the first time (could only see it on the screen at the RE) with the doppler at this appointment next week. They definitely changed their practices since my first pregnancy which was only 2.5 years ago!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 that sucks so much. I really hate it when medical information is not passed on. I've had that happen a few times during the IVF process. I'm really surprised at the different regulations at each clinic and OB. Hopefully you will get another scan before the anatomy scan. 
    After my 8 week scan my doctor didnt want to see me for 4.5 weeks and I said no and booked an ultrasound for 10 weeks. The difference is I'm paying for them at my clinic and hoping to be reimbursed later so I can dictate when the scans are lol but tbh I thought 4.5 weeks was a lot to wait when its 3... I've read that scans should be ever 2-3 weeks for me throughout the whole pregnancy. 
  • I’m freaking out, I just found out I have severe hyperthyroidism. I’m SO PISSED my fertility clinic didn’t test me for this before starting treatment. It’s really bad to have during pregnancy and I’m just now finding out at almost 10 weeks from my OB. I have to see an endocrinologist as soon as possible, but I’m going to be freaking out until then. Has anyone dealt with this in a previous pregnancy or heard of someone who did? 
  • @akak23 what was your TSH result? I’ve never had thyroid issues but 9 days after the FET, they took my bloodwork and showed my TSH was 3.06 and they want it under 2.5 so I’m now on a low dose of Synthroid... 
  • @nancinator my TSH is .01 - it’s crazy low. And my T4 is 3.7 - crazy high...

How are are you feeling now on the medicine? 
  • @akak23 I’m feeling pretty good. They checked my TSH again on Monday and it’s down to 1.49. I’m not sure if they check T4 at my REs office. Sorry your fertility clinic wasn’t on top of your thyroid levels! 😤 I’d expect it to be standard procedure after a FET...
  • @akak23 oh man I'm so sorry that your clinic wasn't more on the ball and hadnt figured this out! Has the OB said anything to help you out between now and the endocrinologist appointment?
  • I'm so sorry @akak23 that sounds so stressful. I have no advice but I hope your OB can get it under control ASAP!

• Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. My doctor said the baby and I will be fine until my endocrinologist appointment next Tuesday. I also got my bloodwork back from my PCP and RE and my thyroid was normal year over year at the PCP and normal before we started this round of IVF (but they didn’t check once I became pregnant). I guess developing thyroid issues when pregnant isn’t common but it does happen, so I say to ask your doctors to check you every time you do bloodwork so you don’t end up like me. I guess we’re constantly learning during this process. In case anyone else is concerned my symptoms have been extreme fatigue, short of breath, shaky hands, extreme nausea, high blood pressure and rapid heartbeat (104 beats per minute). Many of the symptoms can be similar to a normal pregnancy so it’s hard to know without a test. 

Hope everyone one else is feeling ok! 
  • @akak23 Glad everything is going to be okay, how scary though!

I'm getting to the point now where next Wednesday can't get here soon enough. It's been a week and a half since my last appointment with the RE and I'm just starting to feel a bit anxious and want to make sure baby is still okay! Even though I won't have an ultrasound I was told we'll still get to listen to the hb. First trimester is just dragging on and I'm ready for it to be over!

• @wifeinraleigh28 I feel you! I have another appointment Monday (2 weeks since my last apt). But I honestly want this trimester over coz I feel horrible. I'm literally exhausted all of the time no matter how much I sleep. And food... geez I'm having sooo many issues with food. I saw a nutritionist yesterday who deals with multiple pregnancies and she was basically like do your best and let's hope it gets better in a few weeks. 10 weeks tomorrow. 
  • @ACAC25 Yay for 10 weeks! You're exactly a week ahead of me. My dr is having me stop all meds at 10 weeks which is what I did last pregnancy too. I cannot WAIT to stop the PIO.

I haven't been feeling well either and I pretty much become narcoleptic by 8pm. I'm ready for that 2nd trimester energy!

• @wifeinraleigh28 I'm so happy to be near the end of the first trimester. The only med I'm still on apart from vitamins is progesterone. But this next week is my tapering off week so only 1 week left. OMG the exhaustion is very real!! I'm literally yawning my head off at the grocery store rn lol 
  • @wifeinraleigh28 @ACAC25 right there it’s you two!! Today is week 10 for me - last PIO shot and last night for suppositories. I cried after my last shot this morning, I just feel so overwhelmed by everything right now.

Let us know how your appointments on monday and Wednesday go! 
  • @akak23 I am weaning off my suppositories this week and then I have 1 week of suppository antibiotics to settle everything down. I'm sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed right now. I hope they get everything with your thyroid under control soon! 

I honestly dont feel good most of the time. I'm trying to not feel overwhelmed. I'm planning on telling some extended family in about 2.5 weeks. And in that time I'm going to start a baby registry and start planning a baby shower. I'm going to be doing the shower at 24 weeks due to the risk of bedrest, hospitalization and preterm labour. 

I had my 10w2d scan today and all 3 babies are doing great!! We can see arms and legs now. Baby 1 and 3 were wriggling up a storm during the scan. 2 babies were measuring 10w3d and 1 at 10w2d. HB between 160-180. I have another scan with the NT test in 2.5 weeks. 
  • @ACAC25 Yay I'm so glad you had such a great scan! How amazing. Definitely a good idea to have your shower at 24 weeks in your case. So exciting!!

I'm just anxiously awaiting my appointment on Wednesday and hoping everything is still good with my little bean!

• @wifeinraleigh28 thank you! It's such a comfort being able to see them again. Yeah, with triplets there is a good chance I may be put on bedrest or hospitalized bedrest typically around 24-26 weeks. Everything I read suggested 24 or sooner for a shower. So going to get on planning that soon. It is exciting!

I hope everything goes well at your appointment on Wednesday. I'm sure your little bean is doing great in there 😊
  • @ACAC25 I suppose if you happen to be put on bedrest or hospitalized prior to your shower date, you could always have your shower in the hospital! Probably not what you would want ideally but at least you'll be able to have one either way!

• @wifeinraleigh28 exactly! That's definitely my backup plan! I hope everything goes well with your scan tomorrow! 
  • @ACAC25 I will definitely update after my appointment. Won’t be getting a scan though. I have no clue when I’ll be getting one actually and hope I don’t have to wait until 20 weeks. Hopefully I’ll get some answers tomorrow. Also hoping we’ll at least be able to listen to the hb since we haven’t been able to yet. My RE doesn’t have that capability.

@italianmommy8 @mrsjones91716 @nancinator @LauraJon2015 @akak23 @BalletAn @bv8952 any updates?

• Well my appointment was rescheduled to tomorrow. The provider I was scheduled with got stuck in the Bahamas due to Dorian. Who goes to the Bahamas with a hurricane in the forecast?!

Good news is while I was on the phone they transferred me over to MFM to book an ultrasound so now I’m scheduled for an ultrasound on Tuesday! I’m super bummed though because DH can’t make it to either of these appointments. :(

• @wifeinraleigh28 that sucks about your appointment being pushed back. That's so great though that you have an ultrsound scheduled for next week! I'm so happy for you that you dont have to wait until 20 weeks!! That does suck that your DH cant make it to the appointments. 
  • Well my appointment was extremely frustrating. I was told at the appointment that they don't use the doppler until 12 weeks and that I was given incorrect information on the phone. It was especially infuriating because DH did manage to move his schedule around so that he could be there for it. And after waiting nearly 45 minutes for the provider to come in we were told we wouldn't be listening to the heartbeat. At which point DH left to get back to work. SO ANNOYING. It's been one thing after another with this practice lately. Which sucks because I never had a single issue with them during my first pregnancy. I don't know whether these communication issues are a fluke right now or if things have changed and I should find another practice.

Basically my appointment today lasted about an hour and a half just for providing them with medical history and receiving a pelvic exam. I'm mad.

• My weekly appt was this past Tuesday 
    heartbeat was 145mph
    My due date is 4/18/19 baby measuring 2 days behind but dr not concerned 
    all blood work cane out great 139000+ beta, etc. they are weaning me off the progesterone injections and estrogen 
    only 50ml injection and twice a day for estrogen 
    I go back on Tuesday for my last appt and ultrasound with fertility clinic and that afternoon have my first OB appt 

• @wifeinraleigh28 omg that's terrible!! I'm so sorry you weren't able to hear the heartbeat and that the appointment was mostly frustrating... definitely not what you want. I bet your DH was frustrated too. My DH is super busy at work and often we have ti wait over an hour for our appointments, it's such a pain. I hope this is just a fluke for you and that they start to get better. Roll on to next Tuesday when you have your ultrasound. 

@italianmommy8 I'm glad things are looking good for you and that your little bean is progressing nicely. It's so cool that you are graduating from your clinic next week! My next US will be in 2 weeks at 12w5d for the NT test. I'm kinda nervous. 
  • Your due date is 4/18/20. ✌️
  • @knottie81bd45bb01d937f4 when are you due??? I haven’t seen you on this before before. Hi! 
  • @wifeinraleigh28 wow I am so sorry to hear how that turned out! Are you going to talk to your obgyn office about this? I think you should have a conversation with them and ask them what to expect in the future. This should help you decide if you should switch doctors rather than later. @ACAC25 congrats on your scan and glad all 3 babies are doing well!
  • @italianmommy8 Glad you had a great scan! It blows my mind how many ultrasounds your clinic does. Mine does 2 (at 6 weeks and 7 weeks) and then they graduate you. When I finally have my ultrasound at MFM next week it'll have been 3 weeks since I last saw the baby and I'm just about losing my mind!

I did have a talk with them yesterday and expressed how upset I was over everything. They apologized and said they would have a chat with the nurse who called me (since it's in their records). They said they were shocked because this usually doesn't happen. Whatever. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now because switching would be a pain but honestly if one more thing like this happens I'll be out the door!

• @wifeinraleigh28 yeah they do a scan every week until 8 weeks which is really nice. My first OB appt is Tuesday afternoon and my last appt with fertility clinic is that morning, I can’t schedule my appt with MFM high risk until they give me the prescription on Tuesday they told me this over the phone. Which is weird because we saw MFM months ago and they would not allow 2 embryos be transferred because I’m high risk. Should start weekly P17 shots at 16 weeks. 

What day is your ultrasound next week? I’m glad they spoke to you and hopefully its smooth sailing from here. 
  • I’ve tried to change the screen name a few times, and it seems to revert back to the knottie..... I will try again later. I’m nervous about posting too much info online.
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I'm glad you spoke to them and that they apologized and are hopefully sorting it out. I hope it gets better from now on. 

@wifeinraleigh28 @italianmommy8 that's crazy! I'm happy for you @italianmommy8 that you get so many. My clinic typically only does 1 ultrasound between 6.5-7.5 weeks to check viability, how many babies and HB. But that's it. I'm only doing more because I'm paying extra for it and I have an international move in less than 2 months. 

@knottie81bd45bb01d937f4 I totally understand your hesitation to post a lot of personal information.i usually try to stick to my protocol and symptoms etc. Or big things that are affecting me. 
  • @italianmommy8 My ultrasound is tomorrow morning! I'm excited and nervous. It's been 3 weeks since our last one and I'm just praying everything is okay. I'm 10 weeks and 2 days today. My symptoms got really bad over the weekend so that gives me hope. I was however expecting all my symptoms to go away around now though. With my last pregnancy I got all my energy back and felt great by 10 weeks. But I guess every pregnancy is different.

Saturday was my last day taking the estradiol and PIO. It was SO NICE not getting a shot last night!

• @wifeinraleigh28 how did your ultrasound go today? 
    I am struggling with symptoms too right now. This has been my worst week. I've thrown up every day for a week. I really hope it tapers off in the next few weeks. I need to be able to eat and gain weight. I have to gain between  31-55lbs and so far only 0.5lbs!

Yay for having your last shot! I have my last suppository tomorrow night!! 
  • Baby looked perfect this morning and is measuring 10w3d exactly which is what I am today! Heart rate of 170. We are over the moon, it was so exciting to see him again and he was so wiggly!!!

My symptoms have definitely decreased now which is so nice. I’m still super tired though so I hope to get my energy back soon.

• @wifeinraleigh28 fantastic news! Happy to hear that everything is going well! Lovely picture!!