Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 9/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 9/6

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, will be doing BBT, charting, checking CM

R/R: First day back at work :( not looking forward to it but it is what it is! Hope it’s not too busy

Rave: it will be nice to get back into a routine again though because I have been very overwhelmed and anxious the past couple of days. 

CS/Q: none for right now.

@inthewoods23 lucky you to be up early! Lol :D hopefully you don’t have much mess, and yay for having some time off to relax!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Temping Questions ahead:

Lurking from TWW but definitely not pregnant this cycle, so I'll be back here in a day or so. I'm going to temp next cycle, and I had a couple of quick questions:

1. Do you temp during your period or wait til the bleeding stops to start?

2. If you wake up a zillion times to pee at night, at what point do you temp? Like, say my typical wake up for the day is 5am, but I wake up at 3am to pee, do I temp at 3 or wait til 5? What if I wake up at 4 to pee? Pee is a problem, folks lol.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe
    1. I continuously temped so I did temp during my period, but that's not totally necessary to do.

2. If 3am is the first time you wake up in the night, temp before you get up to pee. There are sites you can go to that can adjust the temperature you got at 3am to estimate what it would be if you had not woken up and temped at 5am instead. Or don't try the adjustment and leave it as an open circle in FF. Up to you.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @konoha it's difficult to get back into the swing of things, but I agree that it feels good to be back on a routine!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Morning ladies!

@inthewoods23 wow you are up super early! Glad to hear you hubs will be back soon and it's a quick trip.  Hoping you have a less of a mess and a quick day so you can enjoy your relaxing weekend!  💆‍♀️

@konoha wow back at work already? I guess that is good as there wasnt too much damage.  Besides your fence, how did you hair in the storm?  I remember when super storm Sandy hit, my office at the time was closed for 2 weeks!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNVs (when I remember), FFN OPK

R/R: I'm off today with some running around to do to prepare for my SIL wedding tomorrow. (Give my dog a bath, get my hair did and a wax, pack, run to the store for the mimosa essentials for tomorrow am)... She is having a mini-rehearsal tonight so we need to head out late afternoon... wedding is at the beach about 1.5 hours away... may not post much today, or this weekend, but will check in and love tit 🥰

CS/Q nope

Hope you all have a great weekend!! 😘

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 enjoy the wedding and the beach!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - Hope you enjoy your weekend to yourself! Love when DH is gone and I can watch whatever I want  to watch!

@ziggymama06 - Awwww love weddings! Hope you have a great time!

Month/Cycle: 13

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: On my third clomid/IUI cycle. The doctor upped my dose of Clomid, so we'll see if my follicles respond better then the last two cycles. I have my CD12 ultrasound and bloodwork on Monday. 

R/R: I'm going to my first Red Sox game tomorrow and staying the night at a really fancy hotel in Boston (anniversary gift from the hubs). I was excited until my husband told me he might have to work (he's a lineman) and won't be able to go... We argued for like an hour last night and he ended up calling out sick today so that he can't get forced. If he worked today then they could force him to stay (they're not allowed to say no) so the only way to solve the issue was him calling out sick today. Might be the clomid-crazies talking, but I'm still annoyed that him skipping tomorrow to work was even an option in his mind. 

CS/Q: nope

• Month/Cycle: 11/9 (AL)

CD: 33

WAYDTGKU: preseed, HIO/EOD, CM, OPK, PNV, Letrozole and next cycle we do the trigger and IUI

R/R: I'm tired! BUT - we have a great weekend coming up! We are going out tonight with some friends and tomorrow we are heading into Philly to celebrate our first anniversary!! I'm so looking forward to a weekend of time with MH, especially since our schedules are way overlapping all next week.

CS/Q: 

@inthewoods23 how many days are you off for?!

@feather_heather Ummmm... I would have acted the same exact way!! Like, WTF?! It never should have been an option, especially since this was something HE planned for both of you.  I hope you guys have a great time!

@ziggymama06 have an AMAZING time this weekend!!

@konoha I hope your first day back goes quickly!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @inthewoods23 how much time are you taking off after your FET? 

@saladflambe 1. I typically don't temp while I have AF during the weekend so I dont have to wake up early. It's really personal preference though, but i dont think its necessary since i still have time to set a baseline after AF, before O. 

2. Not sure the "correct" way, but I try to always temp at or close to my same time even if I was up in the middle of the night before that, since my middle of the night isnt consistent or usual. It can make rockier temps, but I can still pinpoint O. I think some of it is trial and error though on what works for you. 

@feather_heather I'm glad he worked it out so he didnt have to work, but I can see why you would be annoyed at him. Did he expect you to just go alone or also cancel your plans? 

Month/Cycle: 8/6/4 AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: CM, OPKs, BBT, PNV, CoQ10, vitamin D, drinking more water 

R/R: it's my Friday off! We have lots we need to get done (stain out basement doors and clean the garage being the main ones). Its 10AM and so far we've done nothing... oops. Good thing we have all weekend. 

CS/Q:  AF still going strong, so no temping yet

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @kpearse99 Happy anniversary! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @millpe sounds typical, wake up with a to do list on your mind then wasting most of the morning 😬

@kpearse99 @millpe I'm taking Mon-Weds off with the transfer on Tuesday!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks @millpe & @inthewoods23 for the input. I'll probably do something like - if I wake at 3am, not temp, because I've got a solid 2 hours of sleep left before I wake up, but if I wake at 4am, temp an hour early or whatever. Stupid sleep issues. And pee. Stupid pee  :D
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @kpearse99 - Yeah and then he texts me today complaining about all the money he's missing by not working this weekend  >:) ... Happy Anniversary to you!

@millpe - This has happened before and I've had to find someone to go to a show or concert with at the very last minute (like 2 hours before a show). So I think he expected me to find someone - like yes, I'd like to spend a romantic evening at a fancy hotel with my mother?
  • @inthewoods23 I knew that about your FET on Tuesday... ugh! Sorry!! I'd love to know what songs are on your playlist!

@millpe ehhhh you needed the morning off to work up your energy for all you have to do! ;)

@feather_heather I mean.... did he expect you to celebrate your anniversary ALONE??
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Happy Friday all! I’m late to the party again! 

Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2 

CD: 33

WAYDTGTKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole & add in progesterone. 

R/R: It’s halfway through Friday, which means the weekend is almost here!! My parents are coming up to stay with us...we don’t really have anything planned, but it’ll be nice having them visit! They haven’t seen our house since we were totally finished with the painting, so that’ll be nice for them to see! 

CS/Q: None.

@inthewoods23 hope your last day of work before a few relaxing/zen days goes well! 4 days!!! ☺️☺️☺️

@konoha hope your first day back goes well/quickly!! I feel ya on the getting back into routine...even if that routine includes work! 

@ziggymama06 sounds like you have a very busy day off!! Hope you can get it all done and have some time to relax before the rehearsal! Hope you have a great time at the wedding!! I’m sure that will be beautiful being at the beach! 

@feather_heather hope the increased Clomid does the trick for you, fingers crossed for good results on Monday!! Happy Anniversary!! That stinks you and DH fought about his work, but that’s good you will be able to enjoy the weekend together!!

@kpearse99 Happy Anniversary to you too!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating! 

@millpe sounds like a very busy weekend...you definitely deserve a slow start this morning!! Hope you get all your stuff done and still have some time to relax too! 
  • @bluetickgal have a great weekend with your parents!! How often do you get to see them?
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 thanks!! We probably see them every 4-6 weeks. We either go there or they come here, but it seems like we’ve gone there for things most recently. We are going camping with the whole family in a couple weeks though, so that’ll be fun! 
  • @bluetickgal Its been a slow start this afternoon too, but also feels needed. I did get another door stained so just waiting for it to dry enough for second coat and I will move on to polyurethane for all of them!! If I could even get just the bathroom door finished and installed this weekend it would be a success. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Lurking / CD2 WHTVR

@ziggymama06 I was just quickly scanning and read - <i>dog bath, wax, having a mini rehearsal </i>- and was thinking, WOW!  What kind of fancy dogshow is she going to be in!??? 🤦🤦  Sorry, SIL. 🤷 That's what I get for skimming.

Sounds like a fun time, though!  I love weddings 😊
  • @BusinessWife omg you had me dying!!  Getting my dog a wax  :D  

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3