May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In: 9/5

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In: 9/5

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited September 2019
    What's going on this week?
    Not much - my birthday is tomorrow! And mother nature got me a Category 3 hurricane as a bday present, yay! So we're going to be doing some hurricane prep and hunkering down. I was supposed to get my hair done tomorrow, but I think I'll call & reschedule.

How far along are you?
    Five weeks today!

Upcoming appointments?
    I have my first fetal ultrasound on October 10th. Had labwork done yesterday (full pregnancy panel) and they took SEVEN vials of blood. Good googly moogly. Thankfully, my lab tech was gentle, so I hardly felt a thing, and there's only a tiny mark on my arm. I usually bruise like a peach, but this time wasn't so bad.

Cravings/Symptoms?
    No cravings, but I get super nauseated after every time I eat (snacks and meals alike). Peeing a lot, restless sleeping. But, other than that, I feel great.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    Why are maternity clothes so stinkin' expensive?? I'm a size 4, so I have a feeling I'll start needing them around the time I enter my second trimester, so I was shopping around online and was shocked. I'm going to have to start stocking up now so it's less of a shock to my bank account. Thank goodness I have a friend who works at Old Navy, so I can use her discount!

Questions?
    Not yet.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Does the full three months of being on TTGP rule apply here? I was only there for two months.  I totally understand if that is the case! 
  • What's going on this week?  Still dealing with shingles.  I finished my antiviral meds this morning, and I'm not convinced they helped anything.  Ready to not be in pain/itching anymore!!!

How far along are you?  5+3

Upcoming appointments?  3rd beta draw Monday, and I'm still waiting to hear from ultrasound about getting me in sometime mid-late next week.  I leave for vacation on Friday evening, so getting anxious about getting in there in time!  OB/GYN promises me they'll get me it... just might not get much notice.  Which also makes me nervous because MH's work schedule is really hard to work around, but I can't not have him there this time around.

Cravings/Symptoms?  No real cravings yet.  Some minor aversions, but no nausea.  I've been being a ton, and my boobs are SO SORE.  Also having some mild cramping.  Hopefully things just settling in down there.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  My boss keeps trying to schedule very important meetings and deadlines for the week I am out on vaca, and I'm like "LOOK AT MY CALENDAR, FFS!"  I haven't been on vacation since last July.  Leave me alone!

Questions?  Nope!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @newmomtx06 I expected you to be here! I love seeing friendly faces from the TTGP board!

• @newmomtx06 Nope, I don't think that rule applies here!  We know you, so you go here.  :)  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama YGPM
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama I hope you guys stay safe during this hurricane! One of the food bloggers I follow is in Charleston and is due any day now. I think her state talked about evacuation, but her doc told her to hunker down because it will be safer. I could not imagine living in that area! With my last pregnancy they took 6 vials of blood that first time. It was so much that my vein stopped releasing blood for the last half of the last vial! Also for maternity clothes, look on FB marketplace, garage sales, friends, etc.

@shamrocandroll I have to pull out my bin of maternity clothes and see what all I have to wear. I wasn't even thinking about the opposite season. My SIL had shingles last year and she was miserable. I'm sorry you are going through this.

@newmomtx06 You go here!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua Eek, good luck with potty training!  I used the Oh Crap! method as well.  It works, but you have to stick to it and not give up, no matter how badly you want to run away from home on day 2, hahaha!  Day 2 was definitely the worst for us, after the initial excitement wore off.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Dude, you scared me for a second because the only other times I've gotten a PM was when I got a warning from BumpAdmin for being a bog monster.

• @yodamama Haha, I'm sorry!  I don't have that kind of power here!  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hope ya'll don't mind if I dive in too! Ugh sorry about the above spoiler, I can't get rid of it. 

@yodamama Speaking of, I don't think I heard how your bday party went?! I definitely did not buy enough maternity clothes last time and at the end hated everything so I should be smart like you and start to look. But I'm also superstitious and feel like that will jinx me. 

@shamrocandroll Hope you can get in next week with a little advance notice so your H can be there!!

@m6agua I like your mantra, I'm trying that as well. I was so PGAL anxious during first tri with my DS's pregnancy I got a super early ultrasound which ended up causing more anxiety when things were actually fine... so I'm trying to be cool about it this time. Key word, trying lol. I am still getting beta's though so I am failing a bit.

What's going on this week? I've been so busy with work this week. We started something new last week so I've had to go in every night this week to train the PM caregiver and every day over last weekend. I'm ready for that to be done so I can be horizontal on the couch after DS goes to bed instead. 

How far along are you? 4 weeks

Upcoming appointments? Another beta today

Cravings/Symptoms? Just peeing a lot, some ute tenderness. That's about it right now.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Should be a fun but busy weekend. My H made a new friend and we are supposed to hang out with him and his gf on Friday. My H has a softball game Saturday, and on Sunday we are supposed to have an event at a winery. They have a fantastic rose so I'll miss that but should be fun anyway. 

Questions? Nope.
  • @rachelg777 Ugh the PGAL brain is the worst.  Trying my best to stay positive through it!  GL with your beta today!  I hope you have a great time this weekend!  Will you have to be sneaky about not drinking?
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll it is, you seem like you are doing great with being positive- hope you are doing okay! Yes unfortunately I probably will because I’m just not ready to tell people yet. Although with just us four Friday it might be obvious. 
  • @rachelg777 Maybe since they are new friends and don't know any better, you can just say that you don't really drink.  But that you're still fun!  Haha!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @rachelg777 the party went great! A few people backed out at the last minute so we had to scramble, but other than that it was awesome. Still have some leftover red velvet birthday cake at home. YUM.

• Thanks all! Excited to experience this with you all!!

What's going on this week? Pretty quiet week overall. Tomorrow is date night (DD’s old daycare hosts it) and we are ordering Thai and watching a movie at the house. We are both exhausted and I’m so looking forward to a night in. 

How far along are you? 4 weeks 7 days

Upcoming appointments? 9/19 for sono and first prenatal appointment. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Peeing constantly and always hungry and tired. As a whole, feeling pretty good! 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DD has decided this is the perfect time to start major tantrums and climb everything in sight. So. Tired. 

Questions? Not yet!
  • @yodamama  good luck with the hurricane! That’s so frustrating. Maternity clothes are ridiculously expensive. I was second checking Facebook marketplace and even consignment stores. Also- red velvet cake is my favorite!

@shamrocandroll so sorry about the shingles! Hope it finally goes away soon. Good luck scheduling the appointment!

@m6agua  I love your positive attitude! These first several weeks can be so hard. Especially before we have appointments. 

@rachelg777  good luck being sneaky! 
  • @shamrocandroll that's true! They likely would never say anything anyway, I'm the awkward one haha. 
  • @newmomtx06 Your date night sounds divine!  DS's daycare does those once a month, and we've yet to take advantage of it, but we really should.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @splashmountain AHH!! Congrats!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• *lurking from April*

@yodamama I got a fair amount of my maternity clothes from Old Navy last time and I really loved them. I’m only annoyed that they don’t sell them in my local store any more so I have to order online. I also like the new Target options. They are cheaper than Motherhood, but not that cheap. 

@shamrocandroll I’m sorry you’re still dealing with shingles. I hope you get in to the doctor before your trip. 

@m6agua Good luck with the potty training. We plan to start pushing it after our Disney trip in November and I’m kind of scared. 

@newmomtx06 @rachelg777 @splashmountain Congrats!! I’m so excited for all of you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @ruby696 Man, that's a crazy week!  So sorry about the poison oak!!!  I hope it's not too itchy!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Happy birthday @yodamama!

@shamrocandroll Ugh, I hope your shingles get better soon. You must be miserable.

@m6agua We used the Oh Crap method too! It worked really well once DS was old enough. 

@rachelg777 Sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned - have a great time!

@newmomtx06 Your date night sounds lovely. I'm probably going to copy your exact plans. 🙂

@splashmountain Hope you're staying safe and far from the fire right now.
  • @ruby696 Sorry about the poison oak. That makes the cold DH gave me look super tame. I would be so mad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 He's actually trying to tell me it's not poison oak. Yeah, okay buddy. 😒
  • @ruby696 Thanks! I'm sitting here eating a slice of red velvet cake leftover from my party, lol.

• @yodamama Ooooh, yes!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @yodamama Happy Birthday! How did the party go? Sorry if you answered that already.

@ruby696 Ugh, that sucks. I hope it clears up quickly!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua it went great! We had a few people back out at the last minute so we had to improvise, but other than that we had a great time. It's always fun to play dress-up from time to time.

• Thanks @ruby696 it's west of us, but not far enough for my taste. The sky looks horrendous. And I'm sorry about the poison oak. Once when H and I were still dating, he had gotten some on the side of his stomach somehow and when we got *ahem* intimate, it got on my inner thigh. I was NOT happy.