Weekly Check-in Groups 1&2 (Jan1-16) w/o 9/2

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of.

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 1&2 (Jan1-16) w/o 9/2

• Options
    Thank you @marebear15 for posting this ! I totally dropped the ball and didn’t realize it was Monday till now! Long weekend has me off
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 1st/ 22+5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog

Upcoming Appointments: On the 18th (I think)

How are you feeling?: emotional (happy to be able to be a mom) and very excited

Rants/Raves: im trying to figure out a second baby shower in another city. My family is organizing the one here and my husband's family isn't familiar with baby showers, so it looks like I'll be planning the one near them. Maybe I will book a section of a restaurant? Everyone I know there's houses are too small and a hall is too big. The one where I live will be at my house so that's set.

Questions: any tips for any of the baby shower process?

GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of.
    The baby's room is coming together but I'm still not ready to show it off. It still just looks like a guest bedroom for now. But it is the only room I put effort in decorating (because it's a rental)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8th January / 21+6
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Purple
    Babies are the size of (n): piranhas
    Upcoming Appointments: Nothing this week for a change.
    How are you feeling?: mostly good until 5-7pm when i feel like i could sleep for a week. Im also considering a band as im feeling a lot of pressure and pain in my hips when coming down stairs.
    Rants/Raves: my mum is home from germany tomorrow so really looking forward to seeing her, ive spoke to her every day but its not the same as knowing shes at home and actually seeing her.
    Questions: nothing atm
    GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of: So dh inherited our house when hes was in his early 20s. He completely gutted it and redone the whole place and his mothers stamp is all over it. A lot of stuff is really not to my taste. Ive never seen it as our forever home and therefore didnt want to spend money on changing anything so until we get our new house next year theres not much i really love or am proud of in our current home other than its ours and its in a nice area.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w6d 1/1 Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green Baby is the size of a(n): Flaugnarde? Upcoming Appointments: midwife next Tuesday How are you feeling?: pretty good, getting energy back and trying to get weight to go up. Last week I was so sick in just getting back to it now Rants/Raves: long weekend was awesome and we tried to do something every day to enjoy the last bits of warm weather. DD started a new kindergarten today so that’s exciting ! Questions: nope ! GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of. I really don’t have one, maybe my family room it seems to be the most put together.
  • Options
    @alicia__e booking a half of a restaurant sounds really good. I would set up a registry or two to give options and put stuff that you really need or think you won’t get at the other shower? Also send out the invites to include details. At my baby shower with DD I asked that instead of a card people give a children’s / baby book with a note inside from them. Helped build up a library for her. There’re cute poems on the internet you can find for it . @leprechaunlady great that your mom is back in town :) I’ve never done the band thing but anything to relieve pressure for you will be good!
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 7th, 22+1

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): guinea pig

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 17th but I need to change it

How are you feeling?: Great lately!

Rants/Raves: It has been a pretty boring week here.

Questions: Nothing really

We are renting right now and since we knew it was going to only be temporary, I didn't really decorate that much. I do like our living room though. 

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  21 weeks, 2 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Bottle of Jagermeister (haha!)

Upcoming Appointments:  Appointment with new provider on 9/12

How are you feeling?:  Still pretty excited about finding out we're having a boy.  

Rants/Raves: Spending time with my in-laws this weekend really made me appreciate my son.  I may be biased, but I think I have the best one of the bunch (4 grandsons total so far on DH's side of the family)!

Questions: None

GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of:  Probably my son's room.  He currently has a farm theme going on with a quilt my mom made for him and 2 cow pictures that he's helped pick out at a couple art festivals this summer.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 8, 22 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 25 for level 2 ultrasound and 25 week appt

How are you feeling?: Good! Some normal aches and pains and not sleeping as well but overall I know it could be much worse.  

Rants/Raves: My mom offered to throw me a shower but then is basically expecting me to plan the whole thing, which is a bummer. On the flip side, now that we know it's a girl I can finish up our registry and everything is so cute! 

Questions: Just curious how many people actually change their minds about names or think baby "looks" like a different name once they're born? DH and I may have settled on a name this weekend but wondering if I should try not to get too attached to it since we've still got several months to go. 

GTKY: Tell us or show us the part/room/corner of your house that you are most proud of. It will probably be the baby's room. DH bought our house about 3 years before we started dating and we've done some little things but it's not our dream home (yet... We're planning a large addition/renovation in the next few years, at least before we'd try for baby #2). At least baby will have nice, matching furniture in her room! 

This is my favorite thing I've done so far: beginning of a photo wall in our living room

• Options
    @brimarie91 I've had a lot of friends and family settle on a name and when baby came out they went with something completely different. For me personally I was leaning more towards one name, but when we saw DD there was no question she was meant for the other name and I ended up liking it way better. That's just my experience :) 
  • Options
    @brimarie91 we were set on a name for dd until about a month before she was born when we changed our minds (read: i went off the name) and then we decided on something different and it suited her when she was born so we went with it.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 + 2

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): large banana (What exactly does that mean?)

Upcoming Appointments: Mid September I think.  

How are you feeling?:  I've been having random aches and pains.  The emotional side is much more challenging for me. 

Rants/Raves: Baby movement is the best. 

Questions: @brimarie91 I am sure there are many cases of people changing the name. Anecdotally it has happened to at least 3 people I know.  

Does anyone else have names picked out?  Would it be crazy to have names that go with a theme?  My dd's name means dawn and my husband wants this baby's name to mean day.

I am most proud of my kitchen.  I love cooking and so completely redid it so it has industrial work benches and subway tiling.  I was meaning to post a picture, but haven't had time. I like hearing about everyone else's houses too!
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun we have names picked for the twins & whilst they dont follow a theme, they do follow a pattern in that myself, dh & dd's names all have 4 letters & so do the name we have picked out. The names arent necessarily set in stone just yet but are probably 90% certainties.
  • Options
    @ponyoisfun I don't think picking a themed name is weird! I am definitely looking at names that are "Christmas / Winter/ New Year" names or that connect with it in a way.

• Options
    @leprechaunlady and @c1kc1kpol1cn1k Both of your ideas sound so cool and unique.  We'll see what happens when the baby is here.  @brimarie91 after having my first I totally can relate to the idea of knowing when a name fits or doesn't.  I do know some people that waited at least 3 weeks because they just couldn't decide.