Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 9/5

We haven't done one of these in a long time! Share your unpopular opinions here!

Re: UO Thursday 9/5

• @saladflambe I never understood that either!! Take those damn things off! I LOVE being barefoot at home!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • saladflambe  I've got feet issues (nueroma thing) and am not supposed to go barefoot. So even though I LOVE wearing socks only around the house, I tend to have 'inside shoes' to wear around the house if I'm gonna be doing more than lounging around (i.e. cleaning, baking, etc.)
  • @dpchickens inside shoes or wiping your shoes off with lysol wipes is also acceptable. I'm just recovering from severe tendonitis in my feet as well and had to wear my hokas in the house too.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• ugh I can't handle no socks. I feel any particles of anything getting all over my feet. ew.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @whitealbum29 agreed, I become a human swiffer for all our animal's fur if I'm just in socks. 
  • New UO:

I don't let my pets sleep in my bedroom & definitely not in my bed

• I hope nobody hates me for this UO 😬

All the IVF and FET injections ARE A PIECE OF CAKE. Everybody talks about how the Menopur burns during the IVF cycle and I'm like... This is just sorta uncomfortable. I thought the burn would feel a LOT warmer. Same with the PIO - people talk about how it's a struggle to inject like their thumbs hurt immensely and yeah, took me some effort this morning, but I'm not going to be dreading having to do it for weeks and no my thumb doesn't hurt.

I hope this is a positive message for anyone who expects the worst when they go through the process. If you set yourself up right (like warming up the PIO with your body heat, using ice on the spot before injecting) all the injections can be a walk in the park.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I also dislike shoes in the house, but have to wear my "house Crocs" because I'm prone to plantar fasciitis. MH however absolutely refuses to ever be barefoot. Hates it with a passion. Will never remove his shoes. I gave up on that fight a long time ago, he just has to vacuum more often. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• edited September 2019
    My UO:

Condiments are a no except for hot sauce

@saladflambe we let our dogs sleep in the bed, never had a problem before but since we've had a backyard with the worst grass and a lot of dirt, they've been getting so dirty and now I wish they had their own beds but I feel bad because they love our bed and snuggles :#

Also I don't wear shoes in my house unless i'm going directly from the front to the backyard but growing up whenever we would go to family gatherings everyone would keep their shoes on especially if everyone was dressed nice and now I know that is a rarity. 

ETA: words
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited September 2019
    Sorry, TB app wants me to post everything twice.
  • @emeraldduchess like the damn Halloween Peeps I saw at Walgreens yesterday. Keep that for Easter man!!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @saladflambe I like your style! Outside shoes coming into the house is disgusting! This is a constant battle between MH & me. 

@inthewoods23

I will admit, my stomach subcutaneous ones hurt & burned so I used to ice before & after. But after experiencing the pain of self-injecting PIO into my muscle I now just do my stomach ones straight, no chaser. *All the women complaining in my online Lovenox group look like wimps to me now.*
    But these PIO bruises & knots on my backside?! They’ve been hurting for months & the bruises barely start to heal before it’s time for another round.😩 (Also, heat is recommended for PIO, not ice, because it makes it harder to inject.) I hope it continues to be cake for you! 
  • @keikilove 😂 I feel bruised now being at the end of the day but it's just a knot. And yes you are totally right about using heat instead of ice! Reminds me of the old samples of PIO and estradiol valerate that they use for injection teaching - it had the viscosity of molasses. Yikes lol.

Maybe I don't find it all that bad because my expectation was a lot worse. Like I said, I was expecting the Menopur to feel VERY hot, like "ow I touch a hot burner on the stove" hot. Felt more like someone jabbing their finger into my stomach. YMMV depending on your pain tolerance I suppose!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @mindyb2019 I have one "men" and one "women" restroom at my job but they are both single-use only and they're pretty much the same, so whenever I see a guest waiting for a while I'm like just go in the other one! I don't even know why they are labeled, they should really just be unisex. 
  • @mindyb2019 I totally have on numerous occasions lolol... zero f**ks given when ya gotta go! Lolol
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @mindyb2019 I think my favorite part of NKOTB concerts is that they always have the men’s room function as a second ladies room!!! No shame!!’ 

• @konoha I agree they really should just be unisex. 

@ziggymama06 hahaha thata girl. So have I lol. 👍 when you gotta go... you gotta go lol

@mvt2003 haha hell’s ya!! I have never been to a NKOTB concert but should def go now that I can use the men’s room lol. 
  • **Lurking because clearly I suck at staying away from you ladies

@mvt2003 I went to the NKOTBSB concert at Fenway park a while back (the one when it poured and they all took their shirts off and did slip n' slide down the catwalk *drool*), and we totally took over the men's room.  Except it backfired because we didn't realize beforehand that the men's room there only has like 4 stalls and the rest is all urinals, so it didn't really help us.  Every once in a while, a man who had been forced to come by his wife or girlfriend came in, laughed at us all standing there waiting for stalls, peed in the urinal and left.  Effing penises.  So unfair.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll I WAS THERE TOO OMG!!!!! I've been to see NKOTB at Fenway twice, and it poured both times. The NKOTBSB one was better because it was just straight rain and they all just went with it (yum!) but the more recent one was the one with Boyz 2 Men and Paula Abdul and it was thunder and lightning. They evacuated the field for a while and cut Paula Abdul's set entirely (not like anyone really cared though!). I was so freaking happy they did the Garden again this year, I feel like their Fenway concerts are cursed for me! 

• @mvt2003 I wonder if we were in the men's room together.  :lol:  :lol:  Admittedly, I was there more for BSB than NKOTB.   :#
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Maybe!!! I remember being like ewwww urinals! :D

I'm a NKOTB girl allllll the way. I've been in <3 with them since I was 3 years old and as I tell my husband, true love lasts a lifetime :D I've seen them 7 times with all of my friends! 

• @mvt2003 did you have any NKOTB dolls? I had the Joey McIntyre one. 😁 He was my favorite. 
  • @emeraldduchess @mvt2003 I got two as hand-me-downs from my neighbor.  Donnie was one (he had the rat tail in the back) and I forget the second one.  I think either Jonathan or Jordan.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @emeraldduchess @shamrocandroll I had the Joey McIntyre Barbie doll, because he's always been my favorite too! 

This might be better to go in FFFC BUT I have a full set of the small NKOTB action figures in original boxes. They were a bday gift from my college boyfriend, and obviously I kept them. MH does not know they were from him, and never will know they were from him because he would flip. :D 😈

• @mvt2003 @emeraldduchess I used to have the Joey McIntyre Barbie Doll too when I was younger.. He was also my favourite lol 😉 I think he was a lot of girls favourite lol 😆 
  • @mindyb2019 I work in finance. It's always the opposite.  A monthly meeting I got to, there are about 30 of us who attend - 4 women. I used to be a trader, there was about 150 people on my floor - maybe 30 women tops. 

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @inthewoods23 I take back my swagger-y comments where I said people are acting like wimps about the subcutaneous shots that don’t bother me anymore.😩Well, I rushed doing one because I was in a public bathroom & people were waiting for the stall. No ice because “I’m tough now”. Ummm NO.  Holy sh*te! It hurt like hell & got a HUGE lump & an ugly bluish hematoma underneath. Now I’m scolding myself like:

• @keikilove 😂 sometimes I have a hard time getting the needle to puncture my skin! Never a pleasure with these shots!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited September 2019
    @inthewoods23 Of course the painful bruising happened within <24 hours of me making my snide comment lol. Karma!
    *PS: I promise promise promise this is NOT a sideways or underhanded commentary on your own ease with the shots. When you said it was easy for you I instantly thought of a gif that you often post that I love, & that you are embodying 100% with your baller-shot caller-bravery.😄

• @keikilove baller-shot caller 🤣🤣

The PIO is making me feel a bit sore so now I'm sorta like - ok these do kinda suck, how am I supposed to do this for weeks?? 😂 but we gotta get ourselves through it! We CAN do it!! Everyone just needs to find what makes the shots most comfortable for them 🙂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited September 2019
    +1 to having a Joey doll. 

I will do injections if needed, but I know they won’t feel like nothing. I have a blood disorder and even though I’ve been jabbed a million times with needles, I feel them every time and have to look away because they hurt. The rhogam shot is the worst!! I’ve had 8 needles of Novocaine before at the dentist and have a low pain tolerance for some reason. When I was told I could do baby aspirin instead of Lovenox, I definitely did a happy dance.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility