BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

Re: High Risk Check In 8/28/19

• Options

EDD/Weeks Days: EDD December 22, but will induce December 16

Risks: RPL, GD, AMA, pregnancy induced hypertension

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?: Regular OB 9/13 (Friday the 13th lol), daily monitoring of BP and blodd sugars

How are you feeling?: Ok, I think my blood pressure is creeping up and she will increase my meds next time. I'm exhausted but that's as much life as it is pregnancy induced.   

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?: One rave...anatomy scan revealed my placenta is in the right spot.  Last time I had Placenta Previa on top of everything else so that was a relief.

I'm worried that i'm not keeping on top of the GD like I should, it's much harder this time around.  I'm also not as committed since DS1 was on the lowish side of average. 

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving....family and food without the expectations of gift giving holidays.  The only expectation is time and togetherness. 

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options

EDD/Weeks Days Dec 16, 24 weeks 2 days

Risks: HELLP syndrome with my daughter resulting in early delivery at 31 weeks 3 days and I had GD.  

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?: tomorrow I have a regular prenatal visit then an ultrasound with the perinatologist to check baby’s growth.

How are you feeling?: Extra hungry so I think GD Is back.  I passed my first glucose test at 16 weeks but need to repeat it.  And now my blood pressure has started creeping up as of yesterday.

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?: @Stac928 what BP meds are you on?  I think they may be putting me on something based on how things are going and I’m worried about it.

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why?  Christmas even though my birthday is the next day and I feel like everything is over so fast.  But I love the tree, cookies, lights, and time off from work (I’m a teacher).

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

EDD/Weeks Days - 24 weeks today, due 12/18

Risks: pregnancy induced hypertension & hypothyroidism, placenta previa currently, elevated protein in urine (lots of symptoms of preeclampsia but no diagnosis yet 🤞 it stays that way). Also, hyperemesis gravidarum because why not at this point. 

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?: Just had an appointment today and ultrasound on Monday. My blood pressure is being managed well by the medication and baby girl is looking good and growing. So doc is all smiles. But the HG is kicking my butt. He is switching up my anti nausea meds again to see if that will help.

How are you feeling?: miserable physically and stressed about finances and work mentally. 

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?: nothing over the top today. I'm just very over being pregnant at this point. Obviously, we have to and are going to stick it out for our baby's well being. But moms well being feels very overlooked. I know it will be worth it in the end but there are over 3 months left until "the end." Getting there feels impossible. 

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why? 

Halloween! My family and especially my aunt who is only 12 years older then me and my mom always made it so fun. They went over the top on makeup and costumes and decorations. Even when all we could afford for costumes was a black plastic cape, cheap vampire teeth and a Halloween make up kit we always looked amazing. My aunt was big into drama and plays and would make us look so scary. I still decorate like crazy every Halloween. 

• Options
    @KTZ17 I'm on Labetalol 100 mg 2x/day.  It's a pretty low dose actually so I won't be surprised to go up through the pregnancy.  I did last time too. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 and @mrszoobear what was your BP when they started you on meds?  Just wondering if I should expect they start me tomorrow.  With my daughter I was on hospital bedrest when they started Labetalol but I can’t remember the dosage.  I just know my BP was like 140/90.  Right now my diastolic is fine.  It’s usually well under 80, but my systolic has been creeping up and today it was 142.  Then I took it again after lying on the couch a while and it was 136.  I was really hoping the baby aspirin was going to keep my BP down but I guess not.

imageimage
  • Options
    @KTZ17 - 158/108 was my blood pressure when they decided to put me on. But I have a much lower dose. Labetalol 25mg morning and night. Just that small adjustment has my blood pressure perfect now. It only took a couple weeks to get it there.
  • Options
    @mrszoobear that’s reassuring, thank you.  I don’t know if they’ll put me on it yet or if it would lower it too much at this point.

imageimage
  • Options
    Hmm maybe mine is 100 mg. I’ll have to look. I was running in the 140s/80s I think. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options

Hello I'm here now that I've officially been GD diagnosed.  

EDD/Weeks Days: 12/26 23w today

Risks: previous GD, pre-diabetic, GD this pregnancy, plus I'm overweight.  Plus, abnormal NT scan, so extra testing there.

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?:  9/11 with fetal echocardiogram, and then after have a meeting to go over GD stuff.  Likely gonna go onto Insulin.  

How are you feeling?:  I'm just sad because I can't control my numbers right now.  My fasting number is so high so to control via diet has been difficult.  I'm just hoping to get that taken care of, because I'm stressing really bad.  

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?:  Just the fasting number is my worry/anxiety right now....Plus my DD won't STTN.

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why?:  Christmas!  Because it's happy.  I love the movies, the decorations, the spirit, just everything.  And then let's just add a baby to the mix.....

ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @mecoats my fasting numbers are always higher than my doctor likes. They were last time too. Have you tried bedtime snacks high in protein and good fats?  It doesn’t work for me but for some it helps. 

I super stressed about about it last time but my son was only 7 lbs 1 oz. numbers look similar this time so I’m not as stressed. It turned out fine. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 yea I’m trying to find what works but I finally had a decent after meal number. I’m just ready to get the insulin or whatever so I don’t have to stress. My problem is that i am a picky eater, so I’m limited with food. 
  • Options
    Are you on metformin yet? That’s easier than the insulin (though can cause tummy upset). 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @mecoats my birthday is 12/26 😊 I had GD with my daughter and like Stac928 said, I would eat some low carb whole wheat crackers with peanut butter before bed and my numbers were good in the AM.  What kinds of things do you like to eat?  Or what don't you like?  Maybe I could make some suggestions.

imageimage
  • Options
    @KTZ17 I think peanut butter is popular.  Heck on really lazy nights I just do straight PB on a spoon lol.  Almonds work well for a snack for me too. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 I am awaiting my second GD test, so haven’t been diagnosed, but totally ate peanut butter off a spoon last night.  I had made whole wheat banana chocolate chips muffins for my daughter and couldn’t resist eating one, but decided to balance it out after with a spoonful of PB.  Yum!

imageimage
  • Options
    @KTZ17 i love peanut butter. :) ill try the crackers and pb. But my numbers are likely still gonna be high, just who i am. Last pregnancy I was on glyburide at night so that really helped my morning numbers then the rest of the day went great. So I’m just waiting to get on something for the night. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019

EDD/Weeks Days: 12/1/19. I am 27 weeks 1 day. 

Risks: IC ( had my daughter 9/10/18 at 22 weeks 3 days) and GD. I am on Metformin 1k twice a day.

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?: 9/12/19 Ultrasound and cervical check up. 

How are you feeling?: Hopeful yet scared. 

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?: My fear is that i will lose another child. 

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why? Christmas.  It brings my family together. 

• Options
    EDD/Weeks Days: 24w4d, 12/19/19 

Risks: Ovarian cancer/multiple surgeries, but I’ve got a new one added to the list now - a very short cervix with funneling

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?: This Thursday and next with the perinatologist to measure my cervical length. 9/9 with the medical oncologist to determine chemo plans.

How are you feeling?: honestly a little overwhelmed. The surgeries, cancer diagnosis and chemo plans were plenty to deal with. Adding the short cervix on top of it (which is completely unrelated to the surgeries) is just a bit much. It’s also the only thing so far that could impact my baby instead of just me and I find that deeply terrifying.
    On the plus side, the cancer was determined to be Stage 1C1, Grade 2 immature teratoma, which is about the least amount of cancer you can get and still need chemo. So 99% chance I’ll survive and I’ll get to hold off on chemo until after the baby is delivered. I’ll still need to deliver early to get to the chemo quicker, but according to my perinatologist, my cervix length is making that pretty likely anyways.
    The cervical length issue is new and annoying. I had my regular OB appointment on Tuesday last week and they found it during the ultrasound. Sent me to the perinatologist on Thursday where he officially declared that my cervix “sucks”. It’s only 1.3cm long with funneling and he said if it was 1 or shorter he’d put me in the hospital right away. He put me on nightly progesterone suppositories and 3x daily ibuprofen to help strengthen/lengthen it. I’ll go back weekly for monitoring now. Fingers crossed!

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?: I’m a bit stressed about the cervix, but it tough because it could be a huge issue or a total non-issue. The perinatologist basically put me on a serious “chill out” program where the most activity I can do is walking as fast as an old lady. It’s a little tough because I’m just starting to heal from the last surgery and being able to move more really helps my mental state. I have set up an appointment with a therapist just to deal with all of this. It’s a lot and I have a history of depression - want to get ahead of things not behind them. My last rant (minor in the big scheme) is that my baby shower is supposed to be the 7th in Wisconsin (I live in WA) and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to fly to go because of my cervix. I’ll find out at my appt on Thursday for certain, but I’m trying my best to make my peace with it now. I was just looking forward to one normal pregnancy thing.

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why? Halloween! I just love decorating and going big into a theme. My husband is the same way so we get a little over the top with it. We turn our whole front yard into a graveyard kids can run through and it’s so fun to hear them scream and laugh about it.
  • Options
    @lucylivesinwa I’m sorry about the cervix news. That sucks. Fingers crossed that nothing much comes of it. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @lucylivesinwa - I'm so sorry to hear about the cervix thing. The cancer is 100% bad enough and you keep getting more stuff to stress about. I hope everything goes better for you soon. 
  • Options

EDD/Weeks Days:  27W3D

Risks:  Epilepsy- last round I had to be monitored more closely because my meditation had some pretty big baby risks.  This time, not so much risk because I’m on a different medication- still being monitored with bloodwork every few weeks to check my levels.  

Upcoming appointments/monitoring?:  Just got checked last week- everything looked okay- medicine levels look good, touching on anemic.

How are you feeling?:  I’m tired, probably explained by the semi-anemic test results, but otherwise pretty good.  Baby looks and feels great according to last few tests/scans.  

Anxieties/worries/questions/rants?:  Rant from last pregnancy to this one- I’m starting to realize how out of contact with my body and emotions my previous meditation made me during my first pregnancy.  Seriously, if I had known that in addition to the possible risks for the baby, I would have switched medication a lot sooner.  I feel like I’m much more in touch with things this go round- I’ve felt more happening in my body, more emotional connection, more awareness in general.  I hope that everything is really going as safely as I think it is for baby girl #2.

GTKY: Favorite holiday and why?  My favorite holiday is probably also Halloween, more as a kickoff to fall!  I truly hate being startled, so it’s not for the haunted houses and freaky Halloween events.  I love cute Halloween 🎃❤️