March 2020 Moms
Options

Friday Fitness 8/30

edited August 2019 in March 2020 Moms
What are you doing to keep fit/stay healthy?

How are you powering through symptoms to do so?

If you are unable to power through symptoms to work out, what are you doing to keep an eye on your health otherwise?

Re: Friday Fitness 8/30

• Options
    What are you doing to keep fit/stay healthy? I am a runner, so I am still running. This week I went Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday... 4-6 mile runs. Honestly though, I'm struggling. I'm not enjoying it. 

How are you powering through symptoms to do so? I am intrinsically motivated because it gives me energy and it's just a lifestyle... but I'm struggling! I find I am short of breath from the beginning (in fact, it actually gets BETTER at mile 4 or what not). And I'm just not enjoying it! I've slowed down and blah. Hoping I get my motivation back. I also am changing my diet now that the nausea is mostly better. More protein is a priority for me! 

If you are unable to power through symptoms to work out, what are you doing to keep an eye on your health otherwise?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    I have been doing prenatal yoga once per week and walking when I can. I have lifted weights a few times but not consistently. 

How are you powering through symptoms to do so? Walking feels good so it doesn’t feel like a chore. Yoga I prepaid for 6 weeks so I feel like I have to go!

If you are unable to power through symptoms to work out, what are you doing to keep an eye on your health otherwise? Nothing really, I’m just trying to survive the first tri. I’m not sure when the last time I had a vegetable was. Once I’m not puking so much, I’d like to start being more mindful of what I eat so I have more energy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jenep via a certain video or are you attending a class? I want to start attending a class bc I feel the worst when I am home (OR driving over the terribly bumpy roads that we have!)

@EmilyLove25 I am so sorry you're unable to enjoy the running--do you think that will change when the Second Tri Magic happens? I am truly holding out for Second Tri Magic. It must exist.

AFM

What are you doing to keep fit/stay healthy?  I haven't been working out at all =/ I have still been eating mostly organic/BPA-free and I have been able to eat more than garbage, which is good.

How are you powering through symptoms to do so? n/a

If you are unable to power through symptoms to work out, what are you doing to keep an eye on your health otherwise? My OB said only to workout when I felt well enough too and NOT to worry about it for first trimester. I've only gained about 5 lb. so far, and I am on the smaller side of the weight spectrum to begin with, and have sort of leveled out at five, so I'm not worried about that and think it's probably fine. Like I said above, I have been eating well, or as well as possible. I probably will need to introduce more protein into my diet soon though because I have barely had any meat/fish in the past few weeks. Lots of yogurt, and I put protein powder in my smoothies... peanut butter? so, at least some, but ... still ... 
  • Options
    Honestly I’m struggling. This week I had 11/12 hour work days every day, so no workouts. I am meeting with my trainer again on Wednesday and planning to head to the gym on Monday. I usually do elliptical and then weights with my trainer. He also told me to do core exercises, specifically planks, three times a week. I did it once this week...

my symptoms have been ok. I’m not nauseous anymore but really tired and have shortness of breath. I also get light-headed and overheat easily. A couple weeks ago I had a really horrible session with my trainer and had to take a 10 minute break to recover but he was super helpful and understanding. 

Nutritionally, I’m hit and miss. I’m trying to do salads and fruit when I can. Still craving all the carbs. Thankfully, my sweet tooth is not out of control. 
  • Options
    What are you doing to keep fit/stay healthy? Today I went back to the gym after two weeks off due to spotting and cramping after workouts. 

How are you powering through symptoms to do so? Keeping to the routine and not over doing it at the gym. 

If you are unable to power through symptoms to work out, what are you doing to keep an eye on your health otherwise? I have been doing food prep as usual and meal planning. Just eat extra snacks bc baby and working out makes me hangry. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

its hard! Before pregnancy I would work out daily at 6:30 am before work with cardio and strength training (Kayla Itsines) and now I’m just a blob! Eating horribly because I can stomach are carbs and I can barely go to work and come home without feeling wiped or nauseous 

How are you powering through symptoms to do so?

not powering through - just surviving. Any tips?

hoping to get some energy back second trimester and start my routine again slowly. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom I am doing yoga just through a local studio. I don't have enough discipline to work out at home. Haha. I am sure there are some great pregnancy workouts via app though! Let us know if you find some.
  • Options
    I'm going to start taking walks again, starting with 15 minutes and building my way up.  I used to be a marathon runner but I quit working out entirely out of situational depression earlier this year followed immediately by pregnancy exhaustion.  I can't wait to get cardio on most work day mornings.  I also want to start up some prenatal yoga... but I'm not entirely sure where to start.  I think most people go to classes, but I'm very shy about working out in front of people.