April 2020 Moms

Canadian Mommas

Any other Canadian mommas on here? Whatcha thinking about your mat leave?
I did the year with DS but came back about 2 months early and regretted it. I think I might do 18 months this time.
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Canadian Mommas

• I'm a Canadian Mama! I'm a part-timer though because I'm also an actor so I'm trying to figure out what if any mat leave options I have.
  • I am currently on leave with DS, but am going back two weeks early because of this surprise baby! I’ll just do the year again, I don’t think I could do 18 months, plus all my work benefits would end after the 12 months. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Sailing_Mama I'm just about to hit my 600 hours. I'm only part time so the difference between the 12 months and 18 months works out to less than $150 a month lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I'm also a canadian momma! I was in university when I was pregnant with both my boys, but now that I'm working I'll actually have the option of mat leave 😛
  • Me! 

I think I’ll just do 12 months. Maybe 18 months with next babe especially if they are close together! 
  • Another Mama living in Canada! I’m planning on taking 18 months, but we’ll see. 
  • Where in Canada is everyone? I'm in Vancouver 
  • I'm in Grande Prairie
  • I'm in New Brunswick. Looks like we're pretty spread out, although I know someone else mentioned they're in NS
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I’m in Alberta
  • @Sailing_Mama it's not too bad once you get used to it😝
  • Hi Canadian moms! I’m just popping in to say that I just booked our wedding anniversary trip to Canada! You’re so fortunate to have such good maternity leave! 

From,
    Your friendly Maine neighbor! 
  • @babyrummom Nice! Where in Canada are you visiting?
  • babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited September 2019
    @Sailing_Mama St. Andrews, New Brunswick! It’s only about 3 hrs from where I live. 
  • @babyrummom my folks are traveling from Bangor to Calais right now 😊 they're gonna wait there a bit before crossing the border since we've got a lot of wind right now and they're driving a motorhome
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Canadian mama her. I'm a stay at home mama so wont be doing maternity leave. From Ontario 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • From Toronto! 

Any of you have any idea what kind of winter boots to wear? So scared of falling on the ice this winter, but don't think I'll be physically capable of lacing up the boots I have. Do pull-on winter boots with good tread even exist?
  • I lived up north during the beginning of my pregnancy with dd2 I purchased a pair of boots from Walmart that were pretty good they did have laces but they worked I might have slipped once but that was because it was soo icy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just wore my faux uggs, which probably wasn't the best idea since I slipped quite a few times (my landlord at the time was also an ass and never cleaned the snow/ice up). I'm at a better place now so hopefully less ice but I'll probably wear my snowmobile boots the whole winter
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @korthouse I have a pair of slide on boots from Sorel that have excellent treads. I have worn them several winters in a row. I have quite a few pairs of Sorels they are an investment, but they last forever (at least mine have).
  • Originally from Halifax, now living in Calgary! Sorry if this posts as my knottie name...still trying to figure that out.

I am a teacher and will definitely be taking my full year! :)
  • New Brunswick mama here and I think I will be taking the 18 months. :)
  • @mack17 hello fellow New Brunswicker!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Hey!! @mflowers929 I’m originally from NS and living in NB now. I love it here :)
  • @mack17 I was born in Ontario but grew up in Florida. I've been in NB for 13 years, the first 2 in the North and then we moved South. I agree, I love it here! It's so beautiful. We're very blessed to live here 😊
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Hello fellow Canadians! I'm in Toronto! I might do 9 months leave and let my partner take the tail end for the last 3 months because it will coordinate nicely with his slow season (he's self employed). I'm also still working hard to get my career off the ground, so I will be anxious to get that going again (I'm working towards becoming an architect).
  • I love all the East Coasters on here! I lived in NB for 4 years then Hali for another 3, and I miss it there so much! We're talking about moving back that way so long as we can find the work.
  • @korthouse I love it out here. The only other place DH and I would really consider living is in BC but it's so cost prohibitive to be where we'd want to be.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 Agreed, BC is gorgeous, but nothing beats Maritimer charm and kindness
  • Hello Canadian moms!

I’m from Ontario (GTA). I’m planning on taking the 12 month mat leave
  • melly204 said:
    I'm in Grande Prairie
    Me, too!
  • @mulsah that is so cool!
  • Sorry, I'm joining this thread a bit late! I'm just outside Toronto. I've recently finished some study so am in the 'wonderful' position of starting to job hunt while pregnant... For that reason, unsure what I'll be able to do re; mat leave. Right now I want to take as much time as I can, but as a FTM I've no idea how I'll actually feel when the time comes! 
  • Happy Thanksgiving, Canada Mamas!!!!