Pregnant after IF

1st/2nd tri check in week of 9/2

PoeMasquePoeMasque member
edited September 2019 in Pregnant after IF

eep! Sorry for the late post, the holiday had me thinking it was still Sunday!

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? 

Calling!!

@PoeMasqueEDD 2/8

@emmasemm EDD 3/7

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5 (boy)

@Tulips29 EDD 1/11 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/10

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st/2nd tri check in week of 9/2

• How far along/EDD? 26w5d 12/5
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good overall. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I passed my Glucose screen! Unfortunately it was discovered that I’m anemic so I’m on a high dose of iron that’s making me nauseous.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 9/16 for an ultrasound to check on the pooling blood in my uterus. Fingers crossed for good news!
    • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? Cleaning my master bath. It’s big and seems to take forever. I prefer to clean my hardwoods with a bowl of water and a rag if that tells you anything 😆
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all, hope everyone had a great long weekend! 

@k_mama91 congrats on passing the glucose test! Sorry the iron pills are making you nauseous and hoping your next ultrasound brings you good news! 

@caitiemae congrats on a boy! You're a trooper going camping with a toddler. My husband is huge on camping, I'm not at all, and he's been wanting to take our son which freaks me out. I like having the convenience of everything with a kid and sleeping outside freaks me out! 

• How far along/EDD? 21w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? Ok overall, just still keep getting headaches and now heartburn is making an appearance. And it's at the most random times, especially later in the evenings or when I don't even eat. Charlie horse pains are the worst as well. I can't even stretch out my legs in the morning without getting them. So painful! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - our anatomy scan went well last week. Everything looked good and we even caught a glimpse of baby girl sucking her thumb, which was really cute. Rant - I wish my OB would do ultrasounds and bloodwork. He doesn't and I end up going to an MFM for scans and to a lab for blood. Both offices are in totally different locations and don't have the best hours. So having double the appointments is tough. MFM is only open 9-4 and OB is not anywhere near my work or easily accessible via public transportation. I end up needing to work from home for both appointments and it gets tough if I have to be in the office for something that day and have to tell my boss I can't be there due to my appointments. I have to take my laptop to the MFM appointment and work from the waiting room so I'm not offline for too long. Few weeks ago I was on a conference call while laying on the exam table and luckily I only had to listen and not participate, but it was still awkward and I couldn't fully pay attention to both things at once. Last week they made me schedule all my appointments for the remainder of the pregnancy and soon I'll be going twice a week and then once a week to both OB and MFM. It's a lot to coordinate and juggle and makes me a bit anxious as I have a ton going on at work before I go out on leave.  
    • Any upcoming appointments? None this week. 
    • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? Cleaning. I'd rather do laundry all day long than just general cleaning, especially bathrooms and floors. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @caitiemae Laundry was almost tied with my hatred of bathroom cleaning. I wish I could say the stains become less as they grow but at almost 9 my kiddos clothing is still filthy.

@Tulips29 I’ve been getting charlie horses too no matter how much water I drink. Between those and bathroom trips I’m pretty miserable at night.
  • @k_mama91 - that sucks about the pills and how they’re causing nausea! I don’t know if you had morning sickness, but I would be fed up if after the first trimester I was still having to deal with nausea but for a totally different reason. Hope your stomach gets used to them and the nausea lets up. Good luck at your scan in a couple of weeks!

@caitiemae - I don’t have children, but I can imagine that’s pretty brave taking a toddler camping lol. Glad it had a plus side to it with hopefully regulating her sleeping! Hope you get some relief from the reflux and your anatomy scan goes great! 

@Tulips29 - ugh, sorry to hear about the heartburn and headaches. And Charlie horses are the worst!! Also, that sounds like a crazy kind of dance with trying to get all the appointments sorted out and balanced with your work! Has your work been understanding? I always find having the support of my workplace makes a stressful situation at least a little less stressful. Hope it all balances out and life doesn’t throw any other crazy things your way! 
    • How far along/EDD? 12w5d 3/10
    • How are you feeling this week? The nausea finally seems to be slowly decreasing over the last four days. Still experiencing dry heaving in the mornings when I have to get up early for work. I’m thinking of setting my alarm half an hour earlier just to have some time to wake up, eat maybe a banana, and just wake up more gradually before having to sprint with getting ready for work. I’m hoping that may settle my stomach a bit so the dry heaving goes away completely. Otherwise, I think I’m starting to show a bit. I can’t tell if I’m just imagining it or not though. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I have my first OB appointment this Thursday and I’m so excited (and a bit anxious) for it! The last time I had an ultrasound was at week 6 and I’m pretty sure this OB does ultrasounds in his office, so hoping to get some relief after the appointment. DH and I have a bunch of visits planned with his family to announce the news, so looking forward to a fun, exciting weekend! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Sept 5 for first OB appointment. 
    • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? I think I’m there with the rest of you ladies and hate bathroom and floor cleaning! And, not really a household task, but I hate weeding! We’ve gotten a lot of rain lately and the weeds have just sprouted like crazy! I thought I was going to get away with not weeding again this season with fall coming, but guess not. 😕
  • Sorry I didn’t manage to get back to respond on last weeks thread. Will incorporate it all here :-)

@k_mama91 can they try you on a different iron supplement? It took us seven attempts to find one I can tolerate.
    Also hope you get a referral for some PT for your pelvic floor.

@caitiemae sounds like next week is a big week all around in your house!

@tuplis29 congrats on the good AS last week but wow that’s a lot of appointments you’ve the weeks ahead. All my doctors are in different corners of the city too, so trying to plan them all is like a major logistics puzzle. During all my 3-4x per week stims Scans I also worked from the waiting room and kept my headphones in to listen into telcos whilst on the table! DH also works from the waiting room (as our OB is not on time unless you’re the first appointment of the day...)
    Oh and I’m short so yes the top part of the seatbelt rides up on me too and rubs my neck - I purchased seat belt padded covers (you can get them for kids, or for “boy racer” cars!) and I drive with my seat a touch higher so on it’s lowest setting it’s no so bad.

@jolo1241 @wifeinraleigh28 @mbradfo2 @tulips29 do you mean your OBs don’t do the standard USs or that they don’t even have an US machine??? On one had I can understand them wanting to leave you I the hand of the best possible expert for the anatomy scan, but surely most “normal” ladies shouldn’t need to see an MFM for the standard 3 USs if they have no complications?

@cigaline welcome back! I try to post not too late on a Tuesday to not have it be overwhelming :-) Hope you have a better appointment this time! 

@love112314 sorry about the mix up with your ob appointment... man... 

@poemasque how frustrating with the gender! “Oh it’s a girl, maybe not...” I’m really looking forward to finding out next week.

@wifeinraleigh28  I believe the current standard of care is three US - one between 9-12 weeks for dating (if you do it at the end can be combined with first trimester screening if you elect for it), one between 18-22 weeks for anatomy scan and one 32-34 weeks for position of baby and placenta and growth check. Maybe they consider your RE did the first one before you graduated...

@sincethelastday we will probably stay local end of October as I’m currently not ok’d to fly due to the risk of the adenomyosis bleeding. We will enjoy it whatever. Can’t wait to hear about your OB appointment this week!

How far along/EDD? 13+3 7th MarchHow are you feeling this week? Much much calmer than last week. Then again I could hardly have been more stressed!!! Strong cravings but still generally little appetite although nausea is much less frequent and strong now. Definitely peeing twice a night now. And tired in the evenings but not exhausted like the first weeks.Rants/Raves? Questions? My NT scan just got moved from Weds to Thurs, so need to wait another day - and DH had made special arrangements for Wednesday which now would not have been necessary... but in the end it will be ok. Another day to wait, but at least I can sleep well tonight. Though having said that my dreams are now very vivid - including a repeating one about burglars breaking into our house. So maybe I won’t sleep well after all! The thing about delaying the appointment by one day means the package we’re sending to my parents after the scan (we only send it if the scan is ok) probably won’t arrive by the weekend so we can’t do our announcements to them then... ahhhh Any upcoming appointments? NT scan Thursday evening GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? Washing up. I love drying and putting away, but not washing up.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @k_mama91 oh yes, the bathroom trips! I actually wake up in a panic when I don't go that frequently at night. Most days its at least 3-4 times. Tonight was once and I woke up really confused and worried that something happened. 

@sincethelastday luckily my work is really understanding and we have the flexibility to work from home when needed. I only do it once a week and try to schedule both appointments that same day so I can go to one in the morning and to the second one after work. I also try to make up the time and work really early in the morning or later at night so I catch up on everything. It's a struggle when I'm truly exhausted. I keep telling myself it's only a few more months though. Good luck with your appointment! So exciting you'll be sharing the news soon with family and friends. Are you doing any fun reveals? 

@emmasemm My OB just doesn't even have machines at his office. He's very old school. All he does is take my weight, blood pressure and does the doppler heartbeat check for the baby. He also feels the belly with his hands and apparently can know the baby's size and position (my mom told me that's how they did it back in the day for her as well without any machines). Then talks to me about any questions I have. The MFM practice does all the ultrasounds and there's a doctor there too who answers any questions and they send all the reports/images to my OB. Last pregnancy I was told I'd only have around 3 ultrasounds as well but I went to a different MFM practice. This one told me I'd be getting a scan at every appointment, which have been monthly now but will then become every 2 weeks and every week shortly after. I'm not complaining though, I will not say no to seeing the baby often! And Thursday will be here before you know it! FX for all good news! I'm with you on the vivid dreams. I have them all the time too and some wake me up in cold sweat in the middle of the night (like when I'm dreaming that someone is after me). 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @emmasemm
    My sister's OB doesn't even have a machine in her office; you just drop by the imaging center the day before your appointment for the scan and then they have the results sent over to her office. I've found OB's vary alot of the number of u/s they do -- some will just do 10-12 weeks dating and then the anatomy at around 20 weeks; some do an earlier dating scan, do a 12-14 week check, and then the anatomy scan. Since I've had loss, my OB and RE just did scans to be on the safe side until 20 weeks so I had 7 week RE, 8 week RE, 10 Week RE, 12 Week OB, 16 week OB and anatomy scan at around 20 weeks. And then we had to repeat a portion of the anatomy scan at 24 weeks because the tech wasn't able to get some pictures due to baby positioning (all was well, baby was just being uncooperative at the earlier scan). And then after 32 weeks he did biophysical profiles (which are basically just ultrasounds where they check for fetal well being) at my request so we had 3 of those before she arrived early at just under 36 weeks.  Oh and a scan at the hospital before her delivery. My little girl could be a study sample for the safety of u/s in pregnancy XD She is now just 17 months old and doing perfectly!

I will say, the thing that surprised me most was how much she looked like the u/s pictures! You know that it's actually visualizing the baby but it's sometimes hard to mentally grasp that this little person is inside you and you're taking a look at it, especially with the 3d pictures. I felt like saying 'I know you!' when she was born lol
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @sincethelastday That blows about the dry heaving. I kept saltines on my nightstand with my first and it was helpful. That may be an idea that will keep you from waking up a whole hour early bc our broken sleep is precious!

@emmasemm Are your parents close by? Can you hand deliver the package? A good scan is most important but that’s irritating to have it mess up those plans. As for the iron, I want to give this a week or so before switching and ive been taking one in the morning after breakfast and one before bed with my prenatal. I’m not sure what happened this morning but I got very hot and nauseous and even went and laid down in the bathroom. It was rough. 

@Tulips29 I’m usually up 4 times a night but even as big as I am now I still have nights where it’s only been twice. It definitely makes me feel uneasy.
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited September 2019
    @Tulips29 Headaches are the worst symptom I have. A tylenol and a little caffeine and it goes away fast.

@caitiemae Congratulations, it's a boy! I was sure that's what we were having but intuition did not hold true this time.

@k_mama91 I really dislike these iron pills as well. They are also so big they're hard to get down. 

@emmasemm No Ultrasound machine at our OB. And they are young women in the practice. Just don't have them. We hear the heartbeat with a fetal heartbeat doppler, pee in a cup, and talk. MFM on Thursday for 3d ultrasound. 

• How far along/EDD? 18w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty great. Actually, I don't think I've ever felt better in my life. Lucky enough to have never gotten any morning sickness so far. I think all the vitamins and eating better have really helped me be healthier overall.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - I LOVE feeling her move around! It is so reassuring to have that movement in there. DH still can't feel her but it's like she's doing jumping jack's sometimes. No rants. Also lucky enough that I don't work so I feel bad about you ladies dealing with that stress as well. Plus we found out DH gets 7 weeks paid paternity leave so that will help out si much
    • Any upcoming appointments? 3d ultrasound on Thursday. So excited for that!
    • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? Dishes. Dishes, dishes, dishes. That's the thing I hate the most!
  • @k_mama91 I was told best time to take iron (and zinc) for best absorption is late afternoon or early evening - and before dinner. Maybe that might help with symptoms?

@mbradfo2 thanks for all the info! We had weekly US equivalent so far now up to 13 w... the thing we have not done each time is measure the HB as those waves are different with not so much research on that. DH is also anti Doppler... but it’s not Dopplers per se it’s more how often he thinks I would use it! But I am all for every US I can get. My OB is very experienced, so im happy for now, but at some point I can see her referring me to the specialist at the hospital (equivalent MFM) as I am challenging their knowledge of rare things I want checking every time. They have offered me a job after ;-) 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @k_mama91 yay for the glucose test being over! But boo to iron pills. They are the worst. 

@tulips29 I don’t understand why your OB doesn’t have US if they want imaging every visit?! That just seems so rude to have pregnant women traveling across town for two appointments each time! What if you have to take public transportation?! I already felt like those visits at the end were too time consuming and I did them all in one office. 

@jolo1241 soooo jealous your hubby gets 7 weeks paid leave. Mine only gets 2 weeks paid, but last time he had a month of leave saved, so he took 6 weeks and it was amazing! Our state just passed a law giving 12 weeks of paid family leave (woot!), but it doesn’t go into effect until 2023 :( 

How far along/EDD? 17+3, 2/8

How are you feeling this week? Generally ok. I’m starting to get aches and pains here and there, some reflux, and occasional headaches/fatigue. But overall still pretty good!

Rants/Raves? Questions? Question for those with older kiddos - what are you buying this time around? I hated our infant car seat last time and our son is still in his crib, so I am leaning toward buying both of those, but I just splurged on the Elvie pump (because I HATED pumping last time with all the tubes and wires) and we will need a double stroller or wagon still. There are also a few items I wish I’d had last time (or had borrowed and don’t have now) and it all seems to add up to lots of $$ very quickly! 

Any upcoming appointments? None till 9/19

GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? I absolutely hate cleaning up after our son eats. He’s so messy and high chairs have so many nooks and crannies (plus the straps, ugh)! We just got a booster seat and the clean up vs highchair is SO much better. @sincethelastday I actually love yard work, but hate the cleanup part of it. As in, I find pulling weeds to be meditative, but don’t ask me to put the pile in the bin afterward! 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque my daughter is 3 and I decided to go ahead and buy her a twin bed.  We converted the crib to a toddler bed and she ends up sleeping on the floor instead.  We'll see if the extra space will get her to sleep on a bed and I'll convert the crib back for the baby.  We went straight to crib with my daughter, but  I think I'm going to do a bassinet in my bedroom for nighttime.  Otherwise, the baby and my daughter would be on separate floors in our new house and I don't like the idea of one of them being without a parent nearby. 

@jolo1241 I'm happy to hear you're feeling so good!  Second tri is definitely the sweet spot.  And 7 weeks, that's amazing!  We got lucky with my daughter and my husband's company started 2 weeks literally the month she was born.  

@Tulips29 ugghhh that's too many appointments!  What a pain!  I don't think my new office has an U/S machine either.    They referred me to an MFM for my anatomy scan.  The other OB I had for a short time had one in his office, but I think they only used it for confirming pregnancies.   All  the other ultrasounds were at an imagining center, which really sucked since they aren't allowed to talk about anything.  I didn't realize how lucky I was with my OB with my daughter.  Everything was in house and they scheduled all my U/Ss before appointments.  I think all my offices have had the same US schedules. One the first tri, NT scan, anatomy scan, and one last tri.  I got an extra one with my daughter the day before I was induced just to make sure everything was looking good.  

@k_mama91 sorry you're having to take iron now! Hopefully you can find something to take with it to ease the nausea
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• @PoeMasque yea, the traveling to different parts of the city is the toughest part. When I tell my friends this, they say how crazy it is that my OB doesn't have machines at his office. I have no other choice though since I'm sticking with him for my delivery. As for your question - I started to think of what we will buy since it's a girl this time around, so will most likely buy some new clothes. I think she'll be able to wear only so much cars/trucks/"boy" stuff...plus I KNOW I will want to buy cute girly clothes. As for big things, we're probably going to transition my son to a toddler bed by the time the baby comes so she can take his crib. I've started telling him to prep him but he's very hesitant to give up his bed and room and move into a big boy room and bed. We have a stroller that converts into a double (Uppababy Vista) so I will likely just get the standing board for my son to ride on while the baby will be in the bassinet and we have the Uppababy infant car seat that I love and it attaches to the stroller easily. The only thing I may want that I didn't have is a baby wrap so I can wear the baby while doing daycare drop offs and pickups so I don't drag the big stroller with me. There may also be some gadgets my husband may want since he's very techy, but I don't even know what new stuff is out there. I found an older thread on there of other mama's favorite baby items that I'm following and will look through for ideas of things I didn't have that others love. I'll comment on it to revive the thread and see what others can add to it :)(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12733160/favorite-baby-stuff/p1)

@caitiemae I didn't realize how common it is that OBs don't have ultrasound machines and send patients elsewhere. Seeing the responses here is astonishing as my friends would tell me I'm crazy for going to the OB who sends me somewhere else for scans. I guess it's more common that I realized! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Had the 3d ultrasound today at MFM. Everything looked good on the regular ultrasound for what they were checking for. But they couldn't get a good 3d pic of her. They told us 18w they don't have much fatty tissue yet so it is harder to get that. Next ultrasound is 11/14. She should be big enough by then to see her.
  • @jolo1241 How did you get the 3D ultrasound? Did the MFM schedule it for you or did you request one? I asked about it the other day at my MFM and they told me I'd have to go to another imaging place as they don't do them and likely insurance won't cover it either. But then I've heard others get them without issues, so I'm confused how this works. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @jolo1241 @Tulips29 Same. Somebody practices seem to offer at least one 3D scan while others are extra. We don’t have a reason to get one but I’d love to see this guy in a better view.
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited September 2019
    @Tulips29 @k_mama91 Our OB set it up because they said I was high risk due to IVF. Told us it was normal practice for the situation. It is the only time we've gone to MFM. And only go one more time. All of our appointments are with my regular OB. They did normal scans to measure everything, all the bones, kidneys, brain, head and brain, spine, etc. She also did a vaginal scan because she couldn't get a good measurement on the cervix. At the very end, she did the 3d scan but we could not make out our little girl. It was all the same machine. When we go back in 10 weeks, she said we would definitely be able to see her. As far as insurance goes, we have met our out of pocket because of IVF (thankfully DH's employer covers IVF almost completely) so it never crossed our minds if it was covered or not. 
  • @jolo1241 We’re getting a second “anatomy” scan on the 16th and I’m going to see if the lady will let us see him in 3D. I’m considered high risk as well, hence the second in depth scan, but haven’t been seeing the MFM. We’ve met our deductible too so it would be great if we could get one in office vs going to baby belly for the pricey one since it’s just my curiosity that’s wanting one.
  • @emmasemm - glad to hear you’re starting to feel better, but sorry to hear about the delayed appointment and how that affects your plans with telling family the good news. As if you haven’t waited long enough I’m sure to reveal to family and now another delay. 

@Tulips29 - still sounds like a crazy work schedule, but glad to hear your work is flexible. And, yeah, I’ve been doing the same thing with my job and just reminding myself when I’m getting frustrated or overwhelmed that it won’t be too too long before mat leave. In regards to your question, we’re not really doing any creative reveals with our families. We’re having my mother in law over tonight for dinner and I think DH may just hand her a drink and tell her it’s a celebratory drink and wait until she asks about what lol. I feel like it’s going to be like Christmas morning every time we tell someone; the anticipation and excitement is wonderful 😊. Did you do any creative, fun reveals? 

@k_mama91 - thanks for the tips with battling the nausea and dry heaving. I did actually keep saltines in my night end table for awhile, but I now associate the taste of saltines with feeling nauseous, so the thought of those crackers actually makes me feel queasy lol. I’ve been eating healthier and drinking quite a bit of water and had started taking Gravol ginger chews, but I’ve been getting minimal results. My OB prescribed me Diclectin to try, so hoping that does something. He also said that some women take a longer time to get rid of the nausea and heaving completely, so I’m hoping that in the next few weeks it will improve just naturally. 

@jolo1241 - that’s awesome that you haven’t had any morning sickness (I’m not going to lie, I’m jealous lol). That’s also wonderful that YH gets 7 weeks of paid paternity leave!! Due to my husband’s job and a lot of other factors with his career right now, he’s most likely only going to get a week off. Thankfully, we have a lot of family around for support.

@PoeMasque - let’s switch roles with the weeding; I don’t mind putting away the weeds, just hate picking them lol. 😆

My first OB appointment went really well! Really like my doctor and just his calm, friendly approach. Turns out him and his wife also had to go through fertility treatments to conceive, so it was kind of nice to chat a bit about the journey of infertility and getting pregnant finally. And getting to see LO again was amazing! They actually look like more of a baby now than when I last saw him/her at 6 weeks. Definitely feels more real now and I feel like I can start thinking forward more on nursery ideas and names, etc. 
  • @sincethelastday so glad your appointment went well and you like your doctor, that's important! As for fun reveals, the first time around it was a bit chaotic. We made a photo book of our trip for the parents and made all captions under pictures sound like it's from the baby...like "this is my first time here...etc". Then in the end we had a page saying it's really not a book from us but from someone else and 3 hints who it's from...and the ultrasound pic was on the last page. Problem was, we had both sets of parents read the book at the same time and some were going faster than others, my parents were trying to share 1 pair of glasses to see (lol)....and my FIL flipped to the last page by accident before anyone else and knew what was coming so he sat there smirking. It was pretty hilarious in the end, especially when they all started screaming as they got to the last page. This time around we got a t-shirt for our son that said on the front "i'm so cute mom and dad did it again" and on the back it said "i'm going to be a big brother january 2020". The shirt didn't come in time for the reveal for the parents, so we made a photo album of our vacation and I photoshopped the same saying on a picture of my son in a plain white t-shirt. They were a little confused when the first pic came up and they started reading his shirt....and then the second pic came up and there were even more confused because they didn't believe what they read haha. We actually put the shirt on him after to announce to some friends and some people completely didn't even notice it until we asked if they liked the shirt lol. Some noticed as soon as he walked into the room. I always get nervous too, but it's exciting whichever way you tell people. I'm sure your MIL will be thrilled with the news! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• How far along/EDD? 11w2d
    • How are you feeling this week? Nauseous! I’m doing B vitamins and unisom, but it only helps so much. But I’d worry if the morning sickness totally went away, so can’t complain too much.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We are doing the first trimester screening (NT + blood test) in a couple weeks. I’m so nervous! Has anyone does this?
    • Any upcoming appointments? 9/20 first trimester screening
    • GTKY: Which household task is your least favorite? Cleaning the fridge! It’s so hard right now, so poor DH has been handling it by himself.