Group 3 (3/17 - 3/24) Check In w/o 8/26

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?

Re: Group 3 (3/17 - 3/24) Check In w/o 8/26

• EDD/W+D: 3/20. 10+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat

Upcoming appts: not until 9/6. I’m eager to get there and hear the HB so I can start telling people! 

How are you feeling?: Mostly good. I was horribly tired all day yesterday and spent the entire afternoon in bed. But functioning today! 

Rants/Raves: I’m over this awkward phase of not really telling people and just looking chubby. I want a bump and I want to tell!

Questions: I know at-home doppler machines have been mentioned. If you have one, is it worth it? What kind do you have? I’m not sure I can wait until 9/6...

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Classical! Specially, choral music. But I like a little bit of (almost) everything.
  • EDD/W+D: March 19/ 10 +4

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man

Upcoming appts: Sept 4 check up with my OB

How are you feeling?: Tired, boobs hurt. I'm a normally very empathetic person but pregnancy brings me to tears even quicker than before. There was a really bad accident in my city last that involved teenagers and I drove by it on my way to work this morning. It's made me really sad all day.

Rants/Raves: A rant and rave all in one story: I went back to work today for meet the teacher. I love my job and the school that I work at and was excited to see my coworkers and met some of my students. But only half of them showed up so I'm worried that they are going to be a group of parents that rarely read their emails which is my primary form of communication. I don't want to be wasteful and print off our weekly newsletters and that also means that I'll have to be really proactive and write my newsletters ahead of time. I'm a mega procrastinator. So I'm hoping it's a fluke and for some reason the parents just didn't receive the email from the school about the event. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I like a wide variety: alternative, rock, jazz, country makes me homesick. There isn’t a whole lot that I don’t like.

@kantobean  I’m ready for the bump to arrive too! I have a hard time with word vomit so some of my coworkers know and I’m planning on telling the rest on Thursday when we have a staff meeting
  • Loading the player...
  • @kantobean I don’t have a doppler, but I know for me, it would cause me a lot more anxiety. I would be checking for the HB all the time and driving myself nuts. Baby kicks are coming and those are reassuring!

EDD/W+D: March 18, 10w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): cardinal tetra fish

Upcoming appts: NT scan on 9/5. I mailed in my finger stick blood drops on Monday.

How are you feeling?: Not great. I keep thinking I am better and then I feel like garbage again. I keep thinking I am done with puking and then it comes on all of a sudden.

Rants/Raves: DH has been on a business trip. He gets back after midnight tonight. I’m excited for him to be back to help me with DS. Also DS isn’t going to sleep and I’m spent today. Please go to sleep, lil dude. 

Questions: I feel like I actually had one but it’s gone now

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Alternative rock
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• EDD/W+D: March 18/ 10+6

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appts: just had one today and it was awesome to get some answers to my questions. Should have NIPT results in two weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Honestly other than my boobs being on fire and huge, I’m totally fine. I have random bouts of nausea but that’s a lot better too. Also DD slept through the night for the first time in 10 days (she has been sick) so I feel like a new woman! 

Rants/Raves: Rant is my shitty insurance. I have been trying to be proactive about all expenses and it seems this pregnancy is just going to cost a lot more than my first bc of my different insurance. My raves are so many but mainly getting to hear the baby’s heartbeat today and being released to go back to the gym after a two week hiatus due to bleeding. Also my ob told me today that I can def pick the day of my csection which is like a blessing for a planner like me. So I think this baby will be born March 13, 2020 (as long as my ob is there to deliver). 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Everything depending on the atmosphere. Aggressive screaming is not usually my fav. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kantobean I'm a +1 for feeling good one day and bad the next--I had a terrible morning yesterday but once classes started, I was fine til, like, evening, then I was so-so. I want to read like the Perfect Pregnancy Plan that tells you how to best navigate your days so you're tip top most often, but then there's that whole Everyone Is Different! thing. Sigh.

@AAAG13 I *also* have terrible insurance and--TBH, I have just been ignoring how expensive this is all going to be because we... CAN'T afford it but like--I'm going to have a baby? So, like, what am I supposed to do? I know I will have to be more on top of the numbers soon, but I am waiting until I don't feel like garbage all the time.

EDD/W+D: 3/21 10w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out/not telling (my one BFF is gonna go nuts when I tell her she can't know bc no one can.)

Baby is the size of a(n): brussel sprout

Upcoming appts: 2 weeks from today! 

How are you feeling?: A dog fart nearly made me puke this morning, but I am otherwise not terrible but not great. Tired.

Rants/Raves: We got our roommate! So our household is now 3 people, 3 dogs. There's not much more barking than usual, since our 2 dogs already bark soooo much. 

Questions: Anyone else have to, like, change clothes at some point in the day bc of their daily/nightly difference in waistline? I feel like I am two different sizes in the morning and evening.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? probably folk? if I had to pick a fave. in terms of what I listen to, which seems to be more the way everyone is answering this, I would say "everything" except screamy music. I really love hip hop and 80s90s country and r&b and international music and alternative and blues and and and--
  • EDD/W+D: 3/18 11w1d or 2d? Don't feel like checking on my app.

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out. Like, within a week!

Baby is the size of a(n): Key Lime

Upcoming appts: NT scan next Friday, Diet appt with midwife on the Monday after that.

How are you feeling?: Intestinally, not well. Things are turbulent in the BM department.

Rants/Raves: I don't have another shift at the hospital until next Thursday! And we'll probably have the results of our Counsyl/Myriad/whatever test by then! Also we're painting the outside of our house this weekend. 

Questions: I don't think so.
    @kagesstarshroom I've noticed that my waist/size fluctuates, too. Probably bloated vs. less bloated?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I like all kinds of stuff, too, but I listen to 1970s folk/rock the most.

• EDD/W+D: 03/19/2020 / 11-2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Fig

Upcoming appts: Sept 9th

How are you feeling?: super queasy and tired, and bloated. Oh the bloats...

Rants/Raves: I feel like I'm being a terrible wife and mother because I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up... which puts me either on the couch or bed. And it doesn't help that my husband sarcastically huff and puffs about my lack of help for our toddler.

Questions: None.

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I've been listening to the Colbie Calliat station lately.
    1999 - Starting dating (in High School!)
    2005 - Got hitched
    2009 - Trying to grow our family...
    2017 - BFP!! Baby Declan born December 2017
    2019 - BFP!! Baby Girl EDD March 2020 
  • @justlauren05 MH goes kind of back and forth between huffing and puffing and being super sweet. We've had two losses and only have two dogs to take care of, no toddlers, so I think that helps. But he also says weird things like "it's all a state of mind" and implies that I make it worse somehow, which--I wish I were in control of this constant terrible nausea!! Because obviously I would choose NOT to be caught up by it. I have found, though, I can at my best when I am needed by others or expected to perform a task--MOST OF THE TIME. The two mornings I've had to teach so far, I was ACES in front of the classroom, and the first day, the good feeling carried over into the rest of the day. The second day, I really suffered afterwards. =/ (I'm 11w0d today btw)
  • @kagesstarshroom I would kill my husband if he said me being tired and nauseous while caring HIS baby is a “state of mind.” Omg. 

Next time he is sick, you better tell him it’s a state of mind and he better suck it up. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kagesstarshroom I tend to do fine at work, even long days of teaching, and then I crash on the weekends. Although I’m not typically too nauseous these days, I get exhausted. Yesterday I spent 3 hours of the afternoon in bed. It’s like my body is holding it together all week but eventually comes crashing down.
  • @kagesstarshroom I feel like my husband said something similar. They just don’t get it sometimes 🙄
  • MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited September 2019
    @justlauren05@kagesstarshroom I'm not even in this group but I managed to find my way in here and read what your husbands said/did (huffing and puffing about lack of help and/or saying it is a state of mind).  :|

That reminds me of my partner.  I said I couldn't control my emotions one day and he said, "well that's debatable."  He had made similar remarks previously and also lamented about how he's the only one who is taking care of things around the house regularly, which just made me sad more than anything (and then angry, but then back to sad).  I ended up getting him a book for expectant fathers that explains the changes in a woman's body and hormones, etc.  It's actually really helped him understand what I am going through and he's been SO nice ever since.  

I think men just don't understand, though.  It is what it is.
  • jpalacios892jpalacios892 member
    edited September 2019
    EDD/W+D: 11w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! Soon hopefully - had my NIPT drawn today.

Baby is the size of a(n): Profiterole

Upcoming appts: I had one today! I had the NT and the NIPT. OMG, it was so cute. The baby had his hands all over his face and I had to wiggle around to get him to the right position. It looks much more human now! I go back on Oct 2.

How are you feeling?: Slightly better. I had some nausea relief last week but it came back with full force over the weekend. Today has been a bit better. 

Rants/Raves: I am too bloated for my clothes but don't have a much of a bump at all so maternity clothes don't fit either. Womp Womp.

Questions: None at this time 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I'm so not picky; I listen to everything but country.