Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS Week of 9/2

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: Since it’s officially September, what is the first “fall” thing you plan to do?

Re: TFAS Week of 9/2

• Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 
    1/1

WTO/TWW? 
    TWW - and special snowflaking bc I've been testing since like 5dpo. On FRERs. Because I have problems. (I'm roughly 7DPO - estimated - now)

Ages of other child(ren)? 
    Daughter is 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? 
    Ugh I don't know. I did so much wrong. Should've temped - I didn't bc I wanted to be casual about month 1... Well that's only made me MORE anxious bc I have less information. Should've bought cheapies for testing. Shoulda woulda coulda.

Any questions? 
    Not really

Rant/Rave/Brag: 
    I can't stop symptom spotting & I'm driving myself insane. Also, on the flip side, I keep having panic attacks about what having #2 will mean for us financially, stress-wise, and time-wise. I do feel like I "just got my life back" meaning I just in the last year started really having a life outside of being a mom, and whenever we do get pregnant, I'll have to sacrifice that for another couple of years. 

GTKY: Since it’s officially September, what is the first “fall” thing you plan to do?
    I mean I already bought pumpkin spice creamer!
    Fall festivals should start up soon here, and we'll definitely go to those. We go early so we get discounts.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @bows22 I wish we had a good "younger kid" park near us... every one that we've tried gives me heart attacks.  Plus, DD has pretty weak legs so I don't trust her climbing abilities yet.

@jennifer_louise my DD is moving up to "Discovery Preschool" and they have a bigger outdoor area so she never wants to leave and tries to hide in the tube  :D

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 16 / idk 7 or something

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle?  not hopefully... but glad that I did the trigger shot so I can't even allow myself to get crazy for another week!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD has started singing more and is really working on her ABC's!  It's hilariously wrong but adorable that she's trying.

GTKY: Since it’s officially September, what is the first “fall” thing you plan to do?  Well, we're moving in October so I won't do anything fall-y until we're in the house!  And then we'll probably go to a pumpkin patch :)  oooh maybe an apple orchard soon though!
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited September 2019
    @jennifer_louise yes to the Halloween costume! I was actually looking stuff up this weekend. But no to the boots, I’m so sad that I’ll have to stop wearing flip flops soon! Also I’m glad your DD loves her new school. It really does make the day so much better when you don’t have to leave them crying. My DD is happy to see us when we pick her up at daycare but not on the days my mom watches her. She starts saying “no!” as soon as she sees us 

edit typo as usual
  • @bows22 winter swim lessons will be fun! I wish we had a small playground near us. It’s all so big that I have to crawl up there with him. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@jennifer_louise I’m glad daycare drop off is easy! We’ve been thinking about Halloween costumes too! I’m trying to take advantage of cute stuff. Before he just wants to be a ninja or something in a couple of years! Also ready for boots! I have more boots than any other season shoes! 

@saladflambe I feel you so much in your R/R. I’m still pretty consumed being a Sahm, but it’s gotten so much easier. I saw my niece yesterday who is 2.5 and I asked her grandma how her mom was with the newborn and she said my niece hates her. So that makes me nervous too!  

@mokay19 that sounds so cute! We’re ready for pumpkin patches too!

@millpe this age is fun! I bet he’ll love the pumpkin patch! 

@kpearse I’m glad you had a good weekend! FX still crossed for you!

• edited September 2019
    What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Eh. Confused about O. Not feeling super hopeful. Having a bit of light cramping today. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS hasn’t been so demanding the past couple of weeks. Either asking to go outside, or his paci, snacks, to be held, etc... all back to back if you tell him no for the thing before. It’s a little exhausting. He was up so much last night too. Im tired. I really need to move his crib to a toddler bed since he can get out of it anyway. I want to get him out of my bed soonish, but I’m stomped on how. We don’t want to CIO.

Its still summer here for a few more weeks. But I did buy a fall scented wax! 

Edited for wording 
  • @photographerwife remind me again about your O confusion? What CD are you on?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @tyrion_ good luck with the storm... I hope that you stocked up on PLENTY of supplies aka booze.
  • @tyrion_ Girl.... get it!!

Stay safe!!!! And please keep us updated!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2019

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 18 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling optimistic but also nervous as testing date approaches. I'm struggling with self control to wait to test until this weekend (I'm 9DPO) but honestly, I'm going to feel incredibly bummed if I'm not KU this cycle. I've had several dreams about being KU in the last week and a half that have felt so real. I've definitely let my hopes get high.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: Today DD went back to daycare full time, which was kind of exciting because the new owners have officially taken over and did a bunch of updates and renovations that I was anxious to see. I thoroughly enjoyed my summer with DD and getting to see how much she's grown and developed in 2 short months. Her vocabulary is expanding so quickly and I'm blown away by her problem solving skills!! I know she's going to thrive back at daycare full time but I'm going to miss being the first one to see all of the growth and development she exhibits.

GTKY: Since it’s officially September, what is the first “fall” thing you plan to do? Haha well I already had an apple cider donut sundaev so I'll say enjoy some regular season football!

Edited for wording

I'll be back in a bit for tags. Probably after DD goes to bed
  • Back for tags!

@bows22 oh swim lessons will be fun in the winter. My DD loved them and I definitely want to sign her up again. Sounds like you've got lots of fun activities for her planned!

@jennifer_louise I'm glad to hear your DD is adjusting so well to preschool! And yesssss to boots!! Can't wait for boots weather!

@saladflambe the SS struggle is real. Every time my stomach feels slightly off, I'm convincing myself it's the beginning of morning sickness. I need to chill tf out.

@mokay19 that's so adorable about her singing her ABCs. Your fall plans sound fun!

@millpe I agree that this age is so fun! Sorry yesterday was tough with whiny tantrums.

@kpearse99 glad you had a great weekend! Definitely sounds like it was fun!

@photographerwife sorry last night was rough.  Does YS have a blanket or stuffed animal or something he's really attached to that maybe could go in his bed with him? Maybe that could help with the transition out of your bed. Good luck!

@tyrion_ oh that's so stressful. I hope you avoid the worst of the hurricane effects. Stay safe! 

• @mokay19 that’s so sweet with your DD and the singing. I love it! And yes to the heart attacks on the playground! I stopped taking her by myself but she loves to be outside so I felt bad. I was excited to basically find a list of boring playgrounds haha. 

@millpe wearing long sleeves totally counts! I keep saying that too about each stage being so fun. I wonder when that ends?

@kpearse99 we made it to the pool one last time this weekend too! But now sadly it is closed. But my partial reason for swim lessons is because I don’t want her to be scared next summer and not be able to go. I learned how to swim early (I don’t even remember learning) so I want that for DD too. We’ll see how it goes. I’m on CD 26/ 8 DPO. I think I’m going to test on Friday. Did you keep HIO for awhile? I’m hoping that you are a SS who gets KU on this crazy cycle!

@photographerwife I should have said “culturally accepted” fall in the GTKY question as was mentioned in the TWW thread haha. I know it’s still technically summer! But maybe Labor Day being the end of summer is more of a northern thing? Anyway, I feel like I can always relate to your comments about your DS since my DD is the same age. She is also soooo demanding. Tiny little dictator. We are working through it as I’m sure you are but it’s definitely a challenge!

@tyrion_ I’ve been thinking about you! Stay safe!

@gingermama29 oh my goodness I want that sundae! How did your DD do going back to daycare after being off all summer?
  • @bows22 thanks for asking. She did great! I was sending her once a week during the summer to hold her spot and keep her familiar with everything so it was a pretty smooth transition. 😊 I'd say the hardest part (for me) was having to wake her up this morning. I hate disturbing her sleep.
  • @gingermama29 oh that makes perfect sense that you kept her in one day a week. I was picturing her being like wtf mom?? I hate waking DD up too. This morning she was still asleep but I needed to get going so I turned on her light. She opened her eyes and said “No! Nah nice!” (Not nice haha) I felt so bad but couldn’t help but laugh. 
  • @bows22 that's adorable. ❤️
  • Friggin a, you guys! It’s only Tuesday and I can’t keep up with the threads. I had everything intention of spending some time on TB catching up and then I picked my son up at daycare and he had a ton of scratches on his face that I wasn’t informed about. I wrote up an email to the director since she and the assistant both left at 5:30. I had also called four times in 30 minutes this morning because I forgot to let them know that I ran out of his prescription diaper cream and not only did no one answer, but they also never called back. I’m livid. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bows22 my DD has been disliking waking up, too and this morning I walked in and she goes "no! I still sleeping!" and rolls over to keep sleeping

@NYTino24 I would be pissed, too!  Anytime that my DD has gotten hurt at school, we get a note about it.  I would be so annoyed if they basically ignored it.  I really hope that they call you back and figure their stuff out!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited September 2019
    @bows22 those playgrounds sound so awesome! Not having to worry about dragging them away from the dangerous stuff would be so nice. My kid thinks he’s way older and bigger than he is, especially when he’s around older kids. 
    @jennifer_louise an easy drop off makes the day so much better!
    @tyrion_ Hope you and your house come out of the storm unscathed!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @gingermama29 you'd think that, having done this before, I would know better. I had zero symptoms with my daughter until week 7. Honestly, all the symptoms I'm having right now are a stronger indicator that my period is imminent than anything else. And, the cramps are so bad today that I'm pretty well positive that's what's up. 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @bows22 We have still be HIO! Like EOD or every other 2 days - so who knows! At this point I won't be testing until next weekend if AF doesn't arrive. Maybe it will happen!

@gingermama29 that's great about the daycare! It is hard, even when they get older, to not be the first one to see the changes and but you still get to experience them, so try and take comfort in that!

@NYTino24 WTH??!!! Any response yet??
    Our TTC Journey

• edited September 2019

@kpearse 26/10 I drank a bit around O and was sick for a few days around then. I also didn’t get a positive until the day after FF has O. The temps right after that don’t have much fluctuation, so I’m just not 100% sure when it happened. 

@gingermama29 The new daycare update sounds nice. 18 months is such a fun time! Lol! My boobs are his “stuffy”. He does have a monkey he likes though, so I might have to try that. 

@bows22 yes! A little dictator is appropriate! 😂and it’s kind of the same here too. We just all wear our sweaters through the heat and suffer, “for the fall”!! lol it just won’t really start being cool here until November. I’ll enjoy fall either way! 

• Hi all,

I haven't been on the Bump in a looong time but have decided to join in while we're TTC #2.

Month/Cycle? This is sort of a long story... DH got sick after our LO turned 1 and we froze sperm because he was starting a medication that we couldn't TTC on... we did fertility treatments (with the frozen sperm) from Sept of last year until April of this year with no luck.  DH has now been off of his meds for 6 months so we're in the clear to start TTC on our own and hoping we have more success.  This is our first month trying without medical assistance.

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2, almost 3

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I hate temping again already... thought about not doing it this cycle but figured I'd drive myself more crazy not knowing when I ovulated.

Any questions? Nope, just saying hi

Rant/Rave/Brag: Work has been busy recently and I'm not sure I have the energy for it!  Need to start exercising again.

GTKY: Since it’s officially September, what is the first “fall” thing you plan to do?  We already went apple picking last weekend!  But there was only one type of apple available (got mostly peaches and pears).
  • @NYTino24 did you ever get an explanation on the mystery scratches? 
  • @kpearse99 @bows22 It took two days to get an accident report. The director admitted that the teacher didn’t see it happen and the report said she was watching 3 kids half an hour before I got there. Thirty minutes is more than enough time to let the assistant director know and to write up a report. The center is full of lazy staff and I really can’t wait to get him out of there. DH still doesn’t see a problem, through, and the house we looked at just got an offer and we aren’t ready to list our house yet. Between that and needing a place with a 6:30 drop off so I can do morning monitoring at the RE before my hour drive to work, we are stuck for a while longer. On a bright note, I’m picking up a big box of toys from another mom to donate to his class. I almost cried when I left his room the other day and saw that they only had a few books and what they had was all ripped up.

• @NYTino24 that all sounds awful, I am
    so sorry. Watching 3 kids alone is nothing, it’s not like she was watching 20 alone. I mean come on. I really hope you are able to get him into another school soon, for so many reasons. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @NYTino24 we also have daycare in NY (I assume you are in NY) and the care we received was so terrible. I ended up pulling him out entirely, and finding a SAHM who is WONDERFUL who watches my son. The center he was at he had unexplained bruises, the worst diaper rash of his life, and they would send him home, wet, poopy and dying of thirst. He was only there four hours, so obviously they just went tending him. We pulled him after a week.  I don't always get told when he gets hurt (he's a klutz, and I have told her I'm not worried over it) but she tends him just like her kids. He calls her daughters his sisters. 
    So - don't be afraid of an in home situation. 
    Our center was three star rated, recommended by our pediatrician, his teacher had an early ed license, so on PAPER much better than a sitter. In reality, having a sitter has been wonderful. And it's $20 more a week for the sitter. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m a Yankee fan and in NJ. Our original plan was an in home and she fell through 6 weeks before I went back to work. DH wouldn’t agree to another after that, so that’s why we are at a center.