Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 8/26

2»

Re: TTCAL w/o 8/26

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP 1/2019, MMC 6/2019

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? On the struggle bus still. I stopped bleeding for 4-5 days last week and thought the process was finally over and that we would be able to start trying again this month. Then I started bleeding again (tmi heavily). It seems to be tapering off so I'm hoping that was AF and that this bleeding will finally stop. I've spent essentially all summer bleeding and I feel so drained. In other news one of my BF's told me that she's KU'd with baby #2 after essentially no time TTC (happened with her first as well). I'm so happy for her but going through all the emotions that go along with watching other people get what you want and all the "why's?". Why do I have to struggle while others blink and get pregnant?

I just hate that this process of waiting to TTC again is taking so long.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.

GTKY: What's your favorite comfort food? Definitely pasta and bread. Carbs carbs carbs!

• @NYTino24 I am so, so sorry that you're going through all this on such a triggering time for your DH. That journal is lovely! I hope writing in it helps. 

@tyrion_ yeah, Christmas has been a tough time the past few years (lots of anxiety about family situations), so losing my baby made it even worse.
    *TW* LC
    It didn't help that DH's nephew was born two days before and my inlaws attempted to "cheer us up" by texting us tons of pics of him. Yeah, no. Not ok. I love them but that was a really crappy thing to do even though it wasn't meant to hurt us.

• Loading the player...
  • bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited August 2019
    @dumbledoredies sending hugs for your would be DD too! 💜 Yes, it’s supposed to bring on your period within 10 days of stopping (I’ll take it for 10 days). I’ve had to take it before when Clomid didn’t make me ovulate. They gave me the natural form called Prometrium, but I believe it acts the same way as Provera. Now I’m second guessing myself that I was just being impatient...but I was lazily temping, and there was no sign of O, plus it took 10 weeks for my cycle to return the last time. And I’m still not positive we will be able to try this coming cycle either. I’m so sorry there has been so much confusion with you with all the bleeding (that makes my short wait seem like nothing, I know)! Hopefully the bleed this past week was AF and you all can start trying again! So sorry about your friends news, I totally get the mixed feelings!! 

*Edited to fix spacing.
  • @dumbledoredies Sending hugs. It's so effing hard when you find out people close to you are pregnant after you've had a loss. I think it says a lot about you that you're still happy for her. ❤❤
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited August 2019
    @emeraldduchess Oh that’s so terrible. I understand their intentions but ugh. I have discovered that people that haven’t gone through a loss just don’t realize how hurtful seemingly innocent actions and comments can be. 

@dumbledoredies I’m so sorry you started bleeding again. I really hope the end of it is near and you can start to move on from this nightmare. You have a sweet soul for finding it in you to be happy for your friend, especially right now. Big hugs to you. 

Edit: spelling
  • @dumbledoredies I am so sorry that the bleeding resumed. We can sit together on the struggle bus. It really sucks when TTC happens so fast for others and then there are many of us who have to go through so much. <3
  • @splashmountain I think I just have to wait and see if it completely stops. So basically more waiting.

@emeraldduchess I'd love to get off this bus we are on together 😆

@tyrion_ @ruby696 aw, thank you guys❤ I try to not compare my journey to others. She has other things in life that she struggles with. I really wish my struggle wasn't fertility, though.

@bluetickgal interesting! I've never heard of that before. If the bleeding still doesnt stop within the next week I think I'm going to reach out to my doctor and see if theres anything we can do. Thank you for the kind words.
  • @dumbledoredies I can’t remember, did they track your HCG down? I’d say it couldn’t hurt to ask...although I’m not sure if it would affect anything if you were still bleeding. Fingers crossed it stops and you don’t have to worry about it though! 
  • Had a freak out when I realized I didn’t get a rhogam shot, but the RE office confirmed I don’t need one under 6 weeks. Whew! After four of them, I’m not exactly looking forward to that damn needle again. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 that was a surprise to me too that you don't need rhogham for a loss before 6 weeks. I got it the first time as a precaution but for my CP they said it wasn't necessary.  I was glad because I did NOT want to have to go to the hospital for it. 
  • @bluetickgal they didnt track my HCG down to zero but 2 weeks ago I got a negative on a cheapo pee stick so I think it's where it should be now!
  • @ruby696 You've been on my mind. Hope you’re doing well 💗
  • @emeraldduchess Oh yeah, I have to get bloodwork at the lab and sit in L&D waiting for the shot. I’ve been there 6 times without taking a baby home. No thanks. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I wish there was another way to get the shot without having to sit in L&D. It seems particularly cruel to me. 
  • @dumbledoredies due to some crossed wires with my OB's office they didn't track me down to zero, either, but then my GP's office found out and brought me in for blood tests.  They confirmed what the cheapies showed AF showed up soon after. I agree with  @bluetickgal that it might be good to call and check.

@Ruby696 I'm jealous of MExican food and messy house!  Sounds divine.  Hope it has been relaxing and healing for you.

Ugh, @NYTino24 going to L&D for the shot is just beyond cruel.  There has to be a better way.  So sorry you wen through that.

I'm:
    8 DPO, CD 25

My fiance and I talked about it, and decided to try not to test this cycle.  At all.  I'll be in trial and not really able to emotionally deal with a BFN, or frankly with a BFP that might not stick, and I'll be two hours away from him and not able to have him there for moral support.  In some ways it feels like a good self-care measure, not frantically peeing on sticks and squinting at invisible lines every day, but in other ways like I'm trying to trick myself.  Like if AF is late, I could just call it late and not know if it was really a CP?  And by not *really* knowing it was a CP I wouldn't be so devastated again?  Or if AF is on time, I would be less sad than if I had a bunch of BFNs in my bathroom trash?  Who knows. 

Anyone tried this?  Just not testing?  I can't imagine I'll have the willpower to go through with it, but we shall see.  

• @litigatorgal in our 28 months of TTC we have definitely had months where I didn't test and just waited for AF. It's nice to have a break where you're not squinting at lines that arent there. Or crying in the bathroom because you have another BFN. That doesn't mean I didn't cry when AF showed up but I'm at the point now where even when I DO test I wait until I'm atleast 11-12dpo. I just want a yes or no answer. You can do it! I think it will feel refreshing to just let it be 😊❤
  • @litigatorgal Last cycle I wasn’t going to test because I had my usual pre-AF symptoms. But I had a dream I was pregnant and because dreams can’t be wrong, I tested. Moral of the story, I am
    hoping I can hold out this cycle because that was brutal and I wish I hadn’t tested. BFNs suck. 
  • Still riding the struggle bus over here. I think my hormones finally crashed because the tears are flowing today. Tomorrow I go back to work and have my saline sonogram. I’ll try to come back and update, but I’m expecting to be pretty exhausted. 

• @NYTino24 I'm sorry you're struggling. Just know your feelings are totally normal and you're not alone.  ❤❤

• @litigatorgal I don’t test most cycles until AF is expected. I have a 14-16 day LP, so I at least wait until 15 or 16 DPO if I even test at all. Sometimes it’s tough waiting, but MH didn’t like the disappointment we would both feel with the BFN’s when I used to test earlier, so I wait now for both our sakes. Sounds like a good plan to wait, especially since you will be away from home and your fiancé! 

@NYTino24 so sorry for all the feelings!! Sending you lots of hugs! 💜 Hope your first day back goes well, and the US does too!
  • @NYTino24 sending hugs your way and a reminder that it's okay to let yourself ride the struggle bus ❤
  • Bugs hugs your way, @NYTino24. I’m so sorry 😞