April 2020 Moms

September Appointments

I'm guessing a lot of us will have appointments soon!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: September Appointments

• My first appointment will be on the 18th (my birthday!). They’ll do a dating ultrasound and meeting with the NP. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 1st appointment is almost here. 9/11 for a dating scan and an appointment with the doctor(who was in DH's high school graduating class).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Waiting on my 11-12 week appt... September 20! 
  • I don’t have any September appointments. I should have one the last week in September for our 12 week appointment, but my husband is traveling for business that week, so we will wait until the following week in October! 
  • I have an appointment with the high risk doctor on the 13th and one with my family doctor on the 18th. One of them will send a request for a dating ultrasound so that will probably be towards the end of the month. After the appointment with the high risk doctor I'll be calling to make an appointment at the obstetric clinic, but that probably won't be until October since they usually wait until 11-12 weeks.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • First appt is Sept 16 and I'll be 8w1d based on LMP. How do yall know what they will be doing at your first appointment? I didn't get any info as to what would be happening, but I really hope they do an US so I can see my lil goober and know all is well. The wait is definitely the worst part! 
  • mandarenee898mandarenee898 member
    edited September 2019
    Sept 4 is an US at my RE’s office and I should then be discharged to my OB. 
    Sept 12 is the nurse intake at my new OB’s office (referred to by my family practitioner) 
    Sept 19 is the first apt with my OB

Non-pregnancy apts (dentist and therapist) both on Sept 13. 

so... busy month here!
  • Our first appointment is next Tuesday on Sept. 10th! We should be 9 weeks and 3 days along - I’m really excited to see how the little babe is doing in there.  <3
  • Have bloodwork on sept 16th (panorama) and need to schedule my NT scan for probably late September’s 
  • Next appointment on September 13th. I go every two weeks due to high risk status. I’ll be a little over 9 weeks...hoping my doc will check on baby but may be just a check in. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• My first appt is Sept 4, I’ll be 9w+4d based on LMP. I’ll have an US first, then meet with the OB after that. That’s just how my Drs practice handles the first appt. 
  • @nerakn My first appointment is also September 4! I’ll be 8w+6d based on LMP. I found out when I was just a day late, so the days have been crawling! Looking forward to seeing what is going on inside and making sure our little bean sprout is doing well!
  • Follow up ultrasound on 9/13 to make sure I just O’d late and baby is progressing right. I knew I O’d late, so I wasn’t too surprised at the last ultrasound. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Dating ultrasound is 9/4. First OB appointment is 9/19
  • My first u/s is Thursday 9/5.
  • 9/9! Only one week to go! I agree with those who said the days are crawling by. I’ll be 9w2d by then. 
  • My first u/s is tomorrow! I got moved up a week early because of some significant cramping. I'll be 6w4d, so fingers crossed everything looks good! 
  • drkoyyadrkoyya member
    edited September 2019
     @liselotte77
    My first appointment is the 16th too! I have NO IDEA what will happen. My OB gave me some videos to watch but I didn’t get any information about the appointment. I’ll be 8 weeks, 5 days based on my LMP so I’m really hoping they’ll be able to do an ultrasound. Maybe then I’ll actually feel pregnant 😅
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @liselotte77 @drkoyya
    I didn’t know what to expect either, but my first appointment was just to get to know the provider and they took an intake on me. I thought they were going to do an ultrasound, but I had to schedule a separate appointment with the radiology dept to do that. I was bummed, but it worked out and I got the ultrasound the next day! 
  • I have to go back for another ultrasound next week. I'll be around 7w4d, but they thought I was measuring closer to 6 weeks yesterday. 

*TW* There were some irregularities observed yesterday which is why I have to go back. My doctor gave me a 50/50 chance of viability, but they just can't tell enough at this stage. The wait is going to be agonizing. 
  • @macb85 wishing you the best news at your next appointment.
  • @macb85 so sorry to hear that. Hang in there!
  • @macb85 I’m so sorry. I hope you get amazing news at your next appointment.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @drkoyya that makes me feel a little better that Im not the only one who has no clue lol. 

@babyrummom I'll be ~8w+1d for my first appointment, how far along were you?? 

@macb85 sending all the positivity your way! Stay strong momma. 
  • Had my first appointment last Thursday the 5th. Im a little frustrated for multiple reason. 1. The on office seemed to get frustrated because I guess I scheduled my appointment so late and I wasnt supposed to be able to do that. 2. They asked me nothing about my history or health or anything at all nor did they explain anything to me. So I still have a bunch of unanswered questions. They did do an ultrasound though and said they saw a gestational sac and yolk but no fetal pole yet. She told me I'm probably just really early. My hcg on monday the 2nd was 1595. They didnt give me an exact date either of how far along I am, they just said early. I'm still worried though, is it normal to have no fetal pole or heartbeat with those hcg levels?? I'll attach what my ultrasound looked like: 
  • @minab700 From what I understand, it is difficult to make any kind of diagnosis from a single HCG reading alone or to really know how far along you should be as the numbers can be very different in different pregnancies. In early pregnancy, they check to see if it doubles properly. You should definitely talk to your doctor and ask these questions. If the doctor is not willing to answer your questions, I’d recommend finding another doctor. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @liselotte77 I thought that I was 8w3d but the ultrasound measured 8w1d at my first one. 
  • I appreciate the reply! I know I have a lot of questions that cant really be answered now but that's okay. Our next appointment is in a week so hopefully I will get some good news! 
  • Ladies when did you start getting abdominal ultrasounds instead of vaginal?
  • @sanpelligrino def had an abdominal at my 20 wk anatomy scan. Some women don't have additional ultrasounds between dating scan and anatomy scans if there are no risks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sanpelligrino After week 8 my OB checks things out abdominally every visit. But my advanced ultrasounds for NT or anatomy were transvaginal.
  • babyrummombabyrummom member
    edited September 2019
    @sanpelligrino my first ultrasound was abdominal at 8 weeks, so I never had a transvaginal one. I only have two ultrasounds my whole pregnancy if no complications arise. 
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited September 2019
    thanks! I just had my first OB appointment (after being released by the RE) at 9w3d, and it was a loooooong appointment. They did a full physical, breast exam plus pelvic exam followed by a trans vaginal ultrasound and then went on schedule my next prenatal visits and genetic screening tests . Everything was measuring on track today and looked good. They ordered routine prenatal b/w for me today, which I did after my appointment. They didn't measure the heartbeart this visit or the last at my RE. But i could see the heartbeat flickering on the screen. The baby was also moving its limbs. 

The next appointments at 12w which is a routine check in and they will use the doppler to measure heartbeat. A week after that (10/8) is the NT scan. They told me to do the first trimester screening blood test a week before the NT scan so they can discuss it alongside the NT. 

Sure feels like a lot of appointments, phew...

• @sanpelligrino Just wait until third trimester. You eventually go every week!
  • @babybison oh no, just dont tell me they insert a speculum every one of those times to check the cervix.
  • @sanpelligrino no speculum but they do cervix checks. Unless there is concern, I didn’t get cervix checks until around 37 weeks I believe. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020