Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Check-in: 08/26/2019

Hello ladies,

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What's your go-to "unwind" activity? After a long day, or a long week... what do you do?
Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: IVF

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI 

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

@b_1029 - Dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozole, trigger, TI.

@ceauth - Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: Letrozole, OPKs, IUI, Progesterone.

FRIENDS REJOINING US AND NEWCOMERS:

To be added to our weekly roll call, please provide the following:

1.  Briefly introduce yourself (or reintroduce yourself), if you didn't post a separate introduction post.

2.  What is your diagnosis? (Dx)

3.  What is your treatment plan? (Rx)

Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022

Re: TTTC Check-in: 08/26/2019

• Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited August 2019
    @hithertorue I agree that we’ll all be stronger for the struggle. It’s hard to see that in the thick of it because I feel so weak...but you’re totally right. 

@Ceauth
    that’s great- CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting!

@2dogsmom ...that’s so frustrating that IF treatment is considered elective. I’m sorry your insurance is that way. It makes no sense. Just because we can’t all have kids the “normal” way...so dumb. I was able to have the meds delivered to DH’s work so that was good. Hopefully they aren’t super curious about it. 

@knockupthestock wow so sorry to hear you’ve been sick! Pneumonia is no joke! I do like my doctor but I’m not really sure how to approach everything. I’m glad this break seems to be really great for you and YH! 

AFM I have my monitoring appt this afternoon so we’ll see how that goes. I need to go jot down some questions for the Re before I go. Overall I’m feeling very blah but probably 90% of that is because I was at my SIL’s bachelorette party and am exhausted. 

QOTW- I like walking the dog and watching tv to unwind. When the weather is nice, I’ll sit out on our deck and throw the ball for the dog while I watch Netflix on my phone. 

Edited- forgot to add spoiler 
  • Options
    Sorry for being MIA last week. Only had enough motivation to lurk everyone.

@Ceauth
    Congrats! Very exciting!

@b_1029 hope your appointment goes well!

QOTW: What's your go-to "unwind" activity? After a long day, or a long week... what do you do?
    Often for us the unwind is watching the TV. Sometimes it's just laying around. 

R/R: 
    So my appt last week gave me the go ahead to start the estradiol valerate. IM injections by myself are super hard! I have to twist myself to the max to be able to reach the right area for the injection. At least I can do it! DH is currently sick so I'm hoping it gets kept to himself. Buuuuut I like to kiss him so who knows 😅
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Monday! 

QOTW: Acupuncture, catching up on fav TV shows, big mug of tea, walks with my dog or date night with hubby (which lately is golfing)
    Rants/Raves: 2nd scan/BW today. The US tech I had today is a sadistic woman. She has no mercy with that wand. Just cranks it sideways and switches sides with no warning. I actually complained to the nurses when I went down for bloodwork but I don't think they have any sway over it. Then bloodwork it took them 3 tries to get a vein. Ugh! Nothing going right with today. Hence my Monday meme! Started FSH injections today. Still doing letrozole. No follicles growing yet but there are 11 antral follicles and no cysts, and BW levels look good, so that's a good start. They want me there every day until trigger now bc of how well I responded to stimulation last cycle... so early morning appointments for the rest of the week.

@b_1029 - hope you're feeling more confident with everything after your RE appointment today! Glad everything worked out with getting your meds delivered! Whatever happened to being able to just go into the pharmacy to pick it up?! I know exactly what you mean about not being able to see the worth in the struggle in the midst of it-- believe me

@knockupthestock - ugh! So sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope you are feeling better!! Glad that your time off has been great so far. And FX for you as well! You hear all the time about the + happening during a break. Though good to just not think about it and enjoy being away from the pressure of it all.

@inthewoods23 -- closer and closer. Way to hang in there. You're a champ!! Also hope you don't catch YH's bug! You can't live in a bubble. Probably better to kiss him and not think about it Haha.🙊

@2dogmom -- hope you enjoyed a nice quiet weekend after being back at school! When is your test date again?

@nancinator & @Ceauth thinking of you both still. Let us know how you're doing this week!
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 sorry YH is sick. Hopefully you don’t get it too! You are a boss for doing those IM injections! I’m nervous to do a tiny trigger shot by myself  :D

@hithertorue ugh that sounds so uncomfortable about that US tech. Sorry to hear she jerks it around like that- as if being prodded with the wand weren’t already uncomfortable enough!! I hope the FSH injections go well!

had my appt this afternoon and it went well. I feel slightly calmer about letting someone else manage the process, lol. I had a 19.4 ish and 14mm follie on my left side and several small ones on my right side again. I’ll be doing the trigger tomorrow night (CD 11) so I feel slightly better about the timing of everything this cycle! 
  • Options
    QOTW: reading, walking my dog, sitting on the back porch, making crafts with my cricut

Rants/Raves *TW*
    Today I had my second beta, and my levels are up to 2016 at 19dpiui. My RE has scheduled my first U/S on Sept. 9th. I’m really excited for the U/S, but don’t know how I’ll be able to wait that long. 

@b_1029 glad to hear that your appointment went well and that your timing is working out!

@hithertorue Ugh! I hate went bloodwork doesn’t work out the first time... glad to hear that you’re cyst-free. Hope that all of your appointments go well today!

@inthewoods23 Glad to hear that you got the go ahead for the estradiol valerate... hope your DH keeps the germs to himself!

@knockupthestock FX that taking a break is just what you need! Hope everything works out and you keep enjoying the stress-free BDing!
  • Options
    @b_1029 glad the meds to hubby’s work was an option. Glad your appointment went well, 19.4 sounds good! FX for you! 

@hithertorue eewww re your appointment and getting so poked and prodded and wow that’s a lot of appointments to have to go every day but hopefully the stims do their job and you get several really good size follicles. 

@inthewoods23 sorry your hubby isn’t feeling well and that the injections are hard (sounds awful) BUT you are getting so close to your FET! I’m excited for you!! 

@knockupthestock hope you’re feeling better and enjoying a break. I know what you mean about BD — the month our meds didn’t come and it was “just for fun” was a lot more fun/like it used to be. That break can be really nice. 

AFM I’ve made the very hard decision not to do the BETA test tomorrow— money is tight, nothing is covered by insurance and this won’t impact the outcome, just how soon I know. My doctor assured me I can POAS with accurate results next week if I don’t get AF before then (& then if I get a + go in). It was really hard to make this call as I WANT TO KNOW NOW but I’ve been having what feels like PMS symptoms and I don’t want to spend the money just to have AF come the next day. And okay maybe I want to live with (false?) hope for another day or two, if I don’t get a negative I could still be pregnant??? So anyway I plan to take a home test next weekend. I can make it a few more days! 

So rant — why is nothing covered by my insurance! The US medical system sucks! 

Rave — hubby is in the top 2 candidates for a new job that would be a huge pay raise (like 30k extra a year) so please please cross fingers for us! We need this if we are going to do IVF and he has worked so hard! 

QOTW: usually TV or dog walking, but hiking is my fav if I have time and the weather is nice 

• Options
    Also @Ceauth  Congratulations!! So happy to hear things are going well! The 9th isn’t too far away! When will you graduate back to your obgyn? 
  • Options
    @hithertorue man with all that blood work I hope your veins cooperate!

@2dogsmom hope YH gets that job! What an amazing pay increase!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @b_1029 yay for good size follies. Hope the trigger shot went ok and you're now in the TWW! FX for you and sending some good vibes!

@2dogsmom I totally understand that decision, though I do get the wanting to know as soon as possible, it does make sense and I'm still crossing fingers for you too!! And prayers for YH!

@Ceauth great numbers!! Hope you're doing well this week. Whole different kind of wait but I'm sure lots of the same emotions!

@inthewoods23 how have you been this week? Hanging in there with all your meds/injections? 

I've had a crazy week for BW. We've been doing daily US/BW since CD6 bc of how crazy I stimulated last cycle... 3 tries on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and they said screw it after the 2nd try didn't work so we skipped BW that day... luckily yesterday and today were 1 try.

Had 4 follicles over 1.0 yesterday and a 5th added today: 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.2, 1.0. I'm holding off FSH today until they review my BW to see if I'm staying at the same dose or dropping to half. Thinking we may be close to trigger either tomorrow or Saturday for IUI either Sunday or on our holiday Monday. My body likes to make sure I have appointments on long weekends. 🙈🤷‍♀️

Kind of been a bit anxious this week and feeling a bit disconnected so I've been journaling and back into some meditations and both are really helping.

I found these meditations and this article by happy accident yesterday:

https://nuurvana.com/meditations/

https://nuurvana.com/summon-hope/
    Copying and pasting here in case you don't feel like visiting the site:

It seems that many of us have forgotten about Hope – to have it, and to do it, fearlessly. We’ve felt hurt, disappointed, and even jaded about so much lately. Big things. Important things. Things that matter. Things that we once took for granted that now blind us with their retreat, wreckage, and absence.

Yet all the while, we’ve retired Hope to the bench, quickly forgetting about it all together. We’ve forgotten how good Hope feels and all the good it brings to our lives regardless of whether or not we get what we’re hoping for.

It’s time to summon Hope back. To choose Hope for the sake of Hope. To allow Hope to be a life mantra, a lens to see the world.

During moments that feel especially uncertain, many of us crave an earthshatteringly hopeful event to remind us to hope. But such an event is unnecessary. For Hope has been there all along, just waiting to be summoned. Waiting to hold us so we can dwell with confidence in the space of infinite possibility. Waiting to remind us of the simple truth that things could be, and indeed will be, otherwise.

❤🌻

PS, I've been eating peaches like crazy this week, in Ontario Canada they are in prime season - soooooo delicious! 🍑🤗
  • Options
    @hithertorue yikes crazy re BW. I would have lost it with that many tries!! Glad your follicles are growing, did you pick a trigger day? 

Started AF today — glad I didn’t spend money for a beta test yesterday! Feeling sad but my friends have all been eating “adult otter pops” and I haven’t had one all summer so I decided a little alcohol tonight would be okay. Trying to find the silver lining.  Good friend told me she was pregnant yesterday— I’m so jealous they started trying in June. Trying not to focus on that.  One more IUI for me and then we move to IVF. Hopefully this month is the magic one! 
  • Options
    @2dogsmom sorry to hear AF came. Sucks when our intuition is right in that case!! I hope this cycle is going to be the magic one for you too.... and you're right, not going to hurt for the first few days I think. DH and I had a bottle of wine together, a glass each a night from Day 1-3 this cycle. It was a good way to just move on to the next cycle. Enjoy those pops and let it all go so you can move forward into this next cycle! Hugs!
  • Options
    Thanks @hithertorue I feel like this month should be easier to move on because I didn’t have my hopes up nearly as much, but it still sucks. Did you trigger yet?
  • Options
    @2dogsmom - that's good. I felt that way between IUI 2 and 3.

AFM, no trigger yet. 2 follicles holding steady at 1.6 and 1.5 since yesterday. Stims again today and will check tomorrow to see if ready to trigger tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @2dogsmom Sorry to hear about AF, hope that your DH gets that new job and this last IUI is the lucky one. Insurance is so frustrating, I don’t know how they can consider fertility treatments an “elective" procedure?!? It is so ridiculous! I have positive vibes for you during this next cycle!
    I will graduate on Sept. 9th, after my U/S. When I called to make my first appointment, they don’t want to see me until Oct. 2nd for my first appointment.

@hithertorue Wow, I can’t believe how much BW that you’ve had and how many tries they’ve had! Ouch! Hope that your able to trigger soon and a positive outcome this cycle! Have you tried Circle + Bloom for meditation? I love their IVF/IUI meditation package, it was such a relaxing way to get through each cycle. They are also offering a 25% discount this month! https://circlebloom.com
  • Options
    @Ceauth wow Oct seems so far away but that’s awesome! I am going to look into circle + bloom — I think I need to add some meditation and de-stress in this month because I’m so stressed about IF it’s probably impacting me!!