Weekly Group 1 (April 1 - April 8) check-in w/o August 26

EDD/W+D:  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Group 1 (April 1 - April 8) check-in w/o August 26

• kerriann0o114kerriann0o114 member
    edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D:  April 3, 2020; 8+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appts: First ultrasound on 9/6. I feel like its so late, and time is dragging!

How are you feeling?: Tired and nauseous. My belly bloat has really "popped" this week. Weird smell aversions too. I basically gag at the smell of my hand soaps now. Also, the smell of DH's brewing coffee is horrible. 

Rants/Raves: None at the moment

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What’s your favorite season?  I LOVE fall, and am so excited for it. I'm already craving chili, and apple butter smothered on a biscuit. I can't wait to fire up that crockpot. 
    Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant?  I'm glad I don't have to be very pregnant in the summer. That was kind of miserable last time. 

*edited for typo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/W+D:  April 2 / 8+6

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry 

Upcoming appts: ultrasound was last week, NIPT next week!

How are you feeling?: very sleepy and feeling full all the time 

Rants/Raves: I’m nervous to tell work in a few weeks but will need to to avoid moving a bunch of furniture for a house tour we are hosting. They fired the last woman who was on maternity leave because they liked her temp/replacement better. 

Questions: wondering if/when people usually connect with local expecting moms groups. I know there are baby classes after but is there anything offered before other than the birthing and nursing class you take third trimester? I am in a major city. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite season?
    Usually summer but I am really looking forward to fall because I think it will be fun to start showing!
  • Loading the player...
  • @independentgeorge when I was pregnant with DS, I did prenatal fitness classes. Maybe look into that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/ W+D: April 6th/ 8+2 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! (I think) 

Baby is the size of a: Raspberry 

Upcoming appts: First obs appt is Friday! 

How are you feeling?: This is the first week I’ve felt any major symptoms- nauseous everyday, major food aversions yet hungry all the time, heightened smell, super tired. Just an overall yucky/ hungover feeling. Still have off and on cramping and sore boobs but that has lessened from the first few weeks. 

Rants/raves: I’m on my 3rd night shift :( 

Questions: For second (and more) time moms, what week did you feel your worst? (Symptom wise) 

GTYK- favorite season: Definitely summer I love the heat- and I live in a very cold part of Canada with long miserable winters so I especially enjoy the summer months. I’m not looking forward to winter (like always). This winter might be harder because normally I continue to ride my horse all winter for something to do, but I won’t be able to this winter due to pregnancy. I’m going to try to ride as long as I can but I’m sure in the new year I’ll be “too pregnant”. 
  • EDD/W+D:  Due April 8th | 8 weeks today! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I’m going to stay green but I just feel like I will find out by accident. 

Upcoming appts: None 

How are you feeling?:  I’ve kind of gotten over the fear of my symptoms coming and going. I have some good moments and then have lots of nausea so I am just taking it one day at a time. 

Rants/Raves: I’m kind of in a peaceful mood right now. Don’t feel like ranting or raving. ☺️

Questions: Anyone else having really greasy hair? I have to wash it more and I really don’t like doing it. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant?

I used to live in Arizona so the fall and winter were my favorite seasons! Just thinking about it makes me happy. But we have moved to the south and now spring and summer are my favorite. I really don’t like being too cold and I don’t like cold rain! 

But it I am very happy to be my biggest through the colder months! 
  • ruby_loveruby_love member
    edited August 2019
    @independentgeorge That’s a good question... I had a birth center for my first so I connected with a lot of new moms that way. Maybe a pregnancy aquatics class? 

@kath1414 6 weeks was very rough for me this time. I could hardly function but I have heard that 8/9 weeks is peak time for nausea. I have never felt good until after 12 weeks with my others. 
  • EDD/W+D:  8+1, April 7

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out

Upcoming appts: nothing until my midwife appt september 10

How are you feeling?: tired! We had friends visiting, so we were always on the go

Rants/Raves: I have to go back to work in less than three weeks and I'm not ready!!

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant? Probably summer, but really I love any time but winter. I am kinda excited to be pregnant this winter though - I'm always cold, and am hoping this baby will keep me warm!

• @Sailing_Mama That’s a very good point about winter.. I’m also always cold! So far in this pregnancy I’ve felt colder than usual though.. always when working night shifts so maybe it’s just from the fatigue. 
  • EDD/W+D:  4/6 8+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out! But maybe not telling. 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry!

Upcoming appts: not for a while yet - bloodwork for M21 on 9/16 and then a US and checkup on 9/24 because I have a corpus luteum cyst that they want to monitor. 

How are you feeling?: like death. I was really feeling like I was turning a corner, but going back to work this week kicked my ass. 

Rants/Raves: I was handed a new responsibility at work today that is not technically part of my job description but at least will count toward internship hours that I need for my admin license, which I’m completing this semester. It’s a big task to add onto an already full plate, though. I’m not jazzed about it. 

Questions: I got nothing. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant? I lovvvvvvve fall. Don’t even care if it’s basic. I liked it ok when I was growing up in NY, but fall in VA is freaking magical. I’ll be sad to miss out on Oktoberfest activities this year, but I’m not sad to get to enjoy cute fall maternity clothes again! It was a really hot summer, so I’m completely fine with it ending. 
  • @NiceyMeany I'm originally from NY and live in VA too! What part of VA do you live in? I'm in the Charlottesville area.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: just had our first ultrasound today and they dated me at 8w1d with a due date of April 8th! This is 2 days later than what I originally thought! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Upcoming appts: Just had our first with the midwive and ultrasound this week, so we won’t be having another one until the first week of October (haven’t yet scheduled it)

How are you feeling?: I’m still feeling good! No real sickness. The only minor thing is a mild feeling of queasiness that subsides if I have some toast first thing in the morning. I still have to pee a lot. 

Rants/Raves: I had my first ultrasound and I’m excited that there is actually a baby in there!! (yes, I wasn’t completely convinced despite the positive tests and symptoms). Such an exciting day! The ultrasound tech was awkward and didn’t tell us much of what he was looking at though, so that was weird. 

Questions: Has anyone else had an ultrasound and told to drink 32 oz of water an hour beforehand?? I thought I was going to pee myself when he was pushing down so hard with the ultrasound wand! 

my favorite season is fall! I enjoy August to beginning of a November particularly. I live in Maine and it’s just the best this time of year! I’m excited that I’m not super pregnant in the summer when it’s so hot. However, I’m not looking forward to winter and cold/flu season with a weakened immune system. 
  • @babyrummom No, that didn’t happen to me with my ultrasounds. I think that would be so uncomfortable. Lol
  • EDD/W+D:  April 6/ 8w4d 

Baby is the size of a(n): berry!

Upcoming appts: Sept 17 (soo far away)

How are you feeling?: sick!!! This is my 3rd go around and I was never sick either other time. This time trying to chase two toddlers but being basically hungover is awful. 

Rants/Raves: today I finally got my appetite back slightly!! I was able to eat a taco 🙌🏼

Questions: I’m terrified for some reason my mind keeps going to twins. I’m so scared for that 😩

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant? Fall!!  I love fall, my birthday, my sons birthday and Halloween and Thanksgiving. Ahhh all great things! I’m nervous to be pregnant late winter. My son was fall and my daughter was early winter. 
  • @babyrunmom I was told to drink 32 oz of water before ultrasounds with my first pregnancy. I didn't realize that was only for early on until the tech said something to me around week 30 about how full my bladder was and that I must be so uncomfortable. Apparently, the full bladder pushes things up early on and allows them to see things on an abdominal ultrasound.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 well that’s good to know! I don’t have another ultrasound until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks and there is no way I could keep a full bladder for the length of that one! 
  • EDD/W+D:  April 2/9w1

Baby is the size of a: blackberry

Upcoming appts: first actual OB appointment is on Thursday after finally getting insurance sorted. 

How are you feeling?: bloated, needing lots of extra sleep 

Rants/Raves: none currently

Questions: How do you know when you find the right OB? This will be my first ever visit with one, so I'm not sure what to expect overall. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite season? Are there any seasons you are particularly excited/not excited about while being pregnant? Autumn has always been my favorite! And I am so so grateful to not be super pregnant during the summer. Summers here are basically 110 all day long. 
  • @gingeemadison do you have any friends that would recommend an OB to you? I’d say it’s it’s important to find someone you feel comfortable around, answers your questions and doesn’t rush you. 

@babyrummom I’ve had an ultrasound for my endo where the instructions were to drink the 32 oz of water. I had heard from lots of people that they often make you pee out a little bit and come back because the bladder is TOO full. So I only drank about half and it was fine! (Well they didn’t say anything anyways). I think it’s most important for very large people to drink the full amount. 
  • @kath1414 I wish I had known! I’m pretty thin, so I felt like he was pushing directly into my bladder. Ugh.