Weekly Group 2 (April 9 - April 16) check-in W/O August 26

EDD/W+D:  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch?

Re: Weekly Group 2 (April 9 - April 16) check-in W/O August 26

• Options
    EDD/W+D:  6 wk 6 days or 4/14. I expect that to be moved later 

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Upcoming appts: 9/11 for dating scan and first ob appt

How are you feeling?: having a rough time. Nausea is hitting me. Not full on nausea, but definitely feeling queasy and having aversions.

Rants/Raves: frustrated with work right now. I asked my department chair some questions pertaining to my students 2 days ago and havent heard back yet.

Questions: none yet

Love Grey's Anatomy and Gilmore. I do love me some Chopped or House Hunters to binge watch, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 13/7w0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appts: ultrasound TOMORROW! And a prenatal on Friday. 

How are you feeling?: ok. It comes and goes. Nausea is pretty constant. Still haven’t gotten sick, but eating is a challenge though the weight is coming on with no problem. Boobs are still sore on and off. Bloating is real bad now! Exhaustion has seriously set in. 

Rants/Raves: so excited to see baby bean tomorrow!!!! I can’t wait to see it’s little heart beating away! 

Questions: none for now. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch? I love reading... and I miss running terribly! Binge worthy shows are Gilmore girls and friends. Currently binge watching call the midwife. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 11, 7w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): playing die

Upcoming appts: next is September 13

How are you feeling?: So tired, but I barely slept at all last night. Definitely got the queasiness and some food aversions. 

Rants/Raves: I was looking at my Patient Portal this weekend and I noticed that when my OB ordered an ultrasound for 9/13, she gave the reason as pregnancy with inconclusive fetal viability. I completely freaked, because everything seemed fine and there was a heartbeat. Plus, all she said at the appointment was that I O’d late, which I knew. But, I think she just used that code so that my insurance would cover the extra ultrasound. Last time, I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and then the NT scan at 12, so this would be an extra scan between the original dating scan and the NT scan. 

Questions: none for now. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch? I love to read, but I rarely find the time. I think I read about 2 books per year now, which is really sad. I also play board games with friends a few times a month. With the kid, I don’t get too much binge watching in. I just watched the Veronica Mars reboot, but it took 3 weeks to get through 8 episodes, so I’m not sure that’s really binge watching. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 I’m so excited to hear about your appointment tomorrow. I’m sure it will be great. I also enjoy Gilmore Girls and Friends. I frequently watch an episode or two before bed. 

@Kathryn0903 Ooh, Chopped and House Hunters. Can be a nice way to spend a relaxing weekend. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I'm feeling the same as you, so can definitely relate. I used to binge watch chopped last year. I think it might be time to restart, but i'm afraid the food might trigger hunger or worse, nausea haha

@ejoseph16 Those are my favorite shows as well! excited to hear all about your appointment. Mine's 3 days later.

@mercury94 When i read about the comments on your patient portal i assumed the same thing: that the OB just put in those terms so insurance would cover it and there would be a good reason for an early ultrasound. Dont fret!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  
    April 11 / 7+2

Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Altoid 

Upcoming appts: 
    u/s on 9/4 to check growth at 8.5 weeks compared to the 6.5 week ultrasound last week. If that goes well, the RE’s office will discharge me to my OB. 

How are you feeling?: 
    Trying not to be anxious as I am having (non-painful) cramps and feel a lot of pressure. But we are also so excited!

Rants/Raves: My MIL loves babies and first pregnancy I dealt with her touching my belly every time I saw her. This time she did it the first time and I told DH that I need to say something. We went over there the other day and she made a beeline for me and DH stepped between us so and I said  “I know you love babies and that you’re super excited but I’d rather not have my belly touched”. She was like “of course no problem!” And I was relieved she didn’t make a big deal. I wish I said it the first time around. Whew!!!! 

Questions:  Anyone else broke down and bought some maternity clothes? I got a winter maternity jacket for $30 so I couldn’t resist!

fav hobby is knitting or crocheting. So fav hobby is yarn 🧶 I guess!
    shows lately has been Bones but Greys Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Friends, MASH are on the permanent favorites list as well. 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I’ve bought 2 pairs of maternity pants already. So, I hate people touching me. I had a lot of trouble with it last time and several people got upset with me (including my mom). It’s so hard when what you want to do is physically pull their hand away. I’m not terribly confrontational in my personal life, but I did tell one person that all she was touching was my intestine. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 11,  7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): wee raspberry or uncooked macaroni! 

Upcoming appts: 9/9, 2 weeks... getting closer

How are you feeling?: the nausea is weird and the exhaustion is REAL! Some days I am so bloated I feel like people can already see a belly. Thankful to overall feel pretty good though. 

Rants/Raves: We decided to wait until after our first ultrasound to tell most people (have told a few very close family), but I just want to spill the news ASAP! Also, I keep finding myself looking at Instagram photos of Mac & Cheese, so I guess that’s my first craving! 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch?  I used to love running, but was side lined with plantar fasciitis even before pregnancy. Have been doing some Spin classes, so need to get back into that since have been out of routine with vacation last week. 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 agree, chopped Is one of those shows I can start watching and then a few hours later realize I’ve watched way too many! 

@ejoseph16 hope you have a great appt!!

@mandarenee898 oooo, a bumpin’ winter coat sounds super necessary!! 

@mercury94 What’s your fave board game? 

• Options
    @mercury94 that’s horrible that people didn’t respect your space, not even your own mom!  My mom always raised us to respect the space and if you knew the person well enough, to first ask to touch their belly. DH’s mom obviously didn’t follow those rules and you can’t believe how grateful I am that she took it really well. I’m not confrontational either and that is why DH helped me plan out how to tell his mom. I totally get you on the “intestine” line, my first pregnancy DH’s brother patted my belly at 12 weeks and I told him “you’re not touching the baby right now, you’re just patting my fat.” He never did it again. 😂

@gingers19 I live in MN so a winter coat will be necessary!  And the bloat is real here too - I told my neighbor that I feel like I look more like 14 weeks NOT 7 like I actually am!!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 16, but wasn't tracking so not entirely sure

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): I don't know, I don't have the app this time around!

Upcoming appts: 9/11 ultrasound and pregnancy confirmation appointment

How are you feeling?: I was so worried I wasn't having many symptoms, but over the weekend I got m/s and now I have no idea why I wanted it so badly

Rants/Raves: As a SAHM I am worried that my m/s will affect DS, I know it's not even at the peak yet so I'm trying to keep us busy and on routine.

Questions:  n/a

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch? I can binge watch Real Housewives forever
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Baby is doing great! We heard a heartbeat, which was a massive relief. Definitely cried the ugly pregnancy tears! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I find that strangers are even worse than family. They don’t ask before touching in the elevator at work or at church and they ask all sorts of personal questions. 

@gingers19 We play a lot of complicated board games. My favorite are the ones where you have a secret role like Dead of Winter or Battlestar Galactica. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    we've had so many pregnancy announcements from coworkers, family and friends in the last month or so, i'm so tempted to tell them, but we decided its a little early and we would wait. I guess it's also exciting that it's just DH and I holding on to this great news as of now :)
  • Options
    @flinstone-2 It’s such a crazy feeling to want the symptoms. It’s like the worse I feel physically, the better I feel about how the baby is doing. But, I still don’t really enjoy feeling terrible. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 14/15

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Coffee bean!

Upcoming appts: first appointment is 9/13

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, but EXHAUSTED. I had some m/s last week and serious food aversions, but this week is a little better.

Rants/Raves: I have chronic insomnia, and that along with the pregnancy exhaustion are killing me. Usually if my insomnia gets bad, I take Zzzquil for a night to get back on track, but I can't do that now. I'm going to ask my NP and OB if they have any suggestions when I go for my appointment, but any sleep tips are appreciated!

Questions:  

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch? My favorite hobbies are reading, crafting (cross-stitch and embroidery mostly), and baking, but at this point, I mostly just have the energy to watch a single episode of Brooklyn 99 and the collapse into bed.
  • Options

EDD/W+D:  7 + 3 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): playing die

Upcoming appts: 9/12 is my first prenatal appointment.

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. Just tired.

Rants/Raves: I think I'm just going to be one of those women who spot throughout their pregnancy, or at least the 1st trimester. I've gotten anxious each time and it's been fine at all of the ultrasounds so now I'm just kind of like ok things will probably be fine even when I see the spotting.

Questions: None so far.

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch? I love to play board games with DH and friends/family.

• Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 14/16. 17w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green for now

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appts: this Friday is my first prenatal and ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?: like crap. Finally got antibiotics for this sinus infection which has been a life saver but morning sickness, food aversions and exhaustion is in full force. 

Rants/Raves: it should be against the rules to get sick while pregnant. 

Questions:

love to read and love little house projects. Had to take a break due to sickness and exhaustion but was working on painting all the trim in our house. Still want to wrap that up!

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Options
    @aresee I used unisom in previous pregnancies for insomnia. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 

• Options
    @aresee check out the 8 sheep organics cream which is magnesium lotion thats supposed to help you sleep. Not sure if it will work like zzzquil but its organic and made for pregnant women. 
  • Options
    @araseee I love Brooklyn 99. Andy Samburg is my celebrity crush and DH jokingly calls him my boyfriend. I got to see his group Lonely Island earlier this summer for free cause my best friend called into the radio station to win them for me! I was so nerdily excited!!

@littleredm I called my RE’s office over some spotting on Monday and they told me that unless I’m actually needing a pad not to be too worried as it could be so many different things. So I am just going with that as well! Trying, at least. 

@coaster102516 i hope you are feeling better. A sinus infection on top of all the pregnancy symptoms sounds horrible. 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 That's so cool! I really like him too, and I've loved all of Michael Schur's shows. My husband's favorite is The Good Place, but Brooklyn 99 is really growing on me. We're late to the party, so only in the middle of season 2.
  • Options
    Ugh, rant. I don't see my NP for two more weeks, so I sent her a note today asking if she had pregnancy-safe recommendations for help with my insomnia. One of the nurses just responded with a link to a sleep website with things like "sleep with a pillow between your legs", "don't sleep on your back", and "if you can't sleep, get up and crochet something for baby." I know I'm hormonal right now, but NOT HELPFUL.
  • Options
    @littleredm how’s the spotting now ? Btw, I just spoke to my neighbor the other day who told me she spotted the first trimester in both her pregnancies. She said she was very worried both times but everything seem to progress on track despite that. So I’m sure everything is going to be fine :) 
  • Options
    @aresee That’s ridiculous. “Get up and crochet something.” I would be so furious. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @aresee that is ridiculous. It makes me think of responding with “is that your medical opinion? Do I need the prescription for the yarn?”  Don’t get me wrong - I knit/crochet but that isn’t going to help me sleep!!
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 @mercury94 To be fair, it's a longer article with sleep suggestions, but they're SO generic and mostly focused on when you're 8 months pregnant and can't get comfortable in bed that it's just beyond not helpful to me at this point. But yeah, one of the suggestions was literally "Get up and read a book, knit or crochet something for your baby"
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino I'll go a few days without spotting and start feeling really good and then bam it comes back and I'm back to worrying. I'm just trying to focus on the fact that at all my ultrasounds everything looked great.
  • Options
    @littleredm keep up the positive thinking!

@araseee it sounds like they just gave you literature instead of addressing your actual concerns. Hopefully you’re getting better sleep!  And I’m a little jealous of how many new episodes you have of Brooklyn 99 to watch. 

Anyone else in the 7-8 week mark getting more of the mucas-like milky colored discharge? Sorry if it is TMI
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I’ve had some. A little more today than earlier this week. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 yes! I’m so glad you posted that! I had a prenatal appointment yesterday and I was worried because I had it right when I got there, I asked the nurse and she said it’s totally normal at this point in pregnancy to have that. 
  • Options
    @mercury94 and @ejoseph16 thank you!  I was pretty sure it was normal but was wanting confirmation (**TW** probably cause of the bleeding/ spotting I had last week **end TW**)

have a nice weekend everyone!!😀
  • Options
    @littleredm the spotting is happening to me too, is this your first? Yesterday’s ultrasound was great and baby is perfect so that helped calm my anxiety. This my third and I spotted with my second pregnancy as well. I just got my Rhogam shot so I hope that stops it. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013

• Options
    @coaster102516 Yes this is my first pregnancy. So far all of my ultrasounds have looked great so trying not to worry too much.
  • Options

EDD/W+D:  8w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberrie

Upcoming appts: 9/13 next ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: ick. Nausea but then starving Marvin. Also SOOOO TIRED

Rants/Raves:  my toddler is in a phase where she insists that I carry her up and down the stairs. Every time I say mom can’t do this anymore. 

Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite hobby or show to binge watch?  Just binged the entire last season of catfish 🥰

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers