Options

Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4: 12/16 - 12/31 w/o 8-26

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Blue/Pink/Green:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? 

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4: 12/16 - 12/31 w/o 8-26

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 24 weeks tomorrow 

Team Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN

Upcoming Appointments: today 8/26, routine and assuming i'm getting orders for GD screen

How are you feeling? great, i kinda of feel like a brat saying that - but truly any ache/pain/annoyance has been temporary so far. i keep telling myself i have got to get the trim/touch up paint done in the baby's room before this belly is too in the way... and i keep putting it off... whoops. 

Rants/Raves: rant: i can't find a pretty baby shower dress for the life of me. yes, i know this is minimal and very first world of me. but man maternity stuff is U-G-L-Y! rave: so many, we leave for our baby moon/anniversary trip thursday and i'm excited, especially b/c my husband truly deserves 4 days to chill out. he has been working his actual job, then working on our major house renovations every day and is just exhausted. i keep telling him it's ok if it's not all done before baby b/c i don't like seeing him tired/stressed - but i'm also shamelessly really excited to get our house "done". 

Questions: i've looked at nordstrom, pinkblush, asos, destination/motherhood/pea in the pod, h&m, old navy/gap... am i missing any other spots to try and find something to wear for my baby shower?

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? ADELE  <3 or Michelle Obama 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ktmaesimktmaesim member
    edited August 2019
    @anniemarie887  I've thought the same about maternity and just started sizing up on normal clothes if I buy them lately... but pea in the pod has a huge sale right now with some really lovely shirts and dress that were like $200 down to half the price if you wanna check again. I can't stand all the floral / off the shoulder dresses on pink blush....I look so bad in off the shoulder and I don't like bold prints lol. also try hatch maternity and lulu's has a bump friendly section!!!
  • Options
    @brrrrrrrrie I would love to be a tree. That is a such a cool idea.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/28 / 22w2d

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 9/6

How are you feeling? Pretty good!  I have some RLP and sciatica pain, but nothing that is slowing me down at this point.  

Rants/Raves: DH has so much traveling coming up for work and I'm not thrilled about being home alone pregnant with 2 kids.  

Questions: I thought the GD test was at 28 weeks, but many of you seem to be getting it closer to 24 weeks.  Has that changed since I was pregnant with DD 6 years ago, or have I lost my damn mind?

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? Eek.  No idea.  

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @McKBaby I was told today it can be anytime between 24 - 28 weeks. So I guess it depends when your midwife/OB appointment happens to fall during that window? 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 12/28, 22w2d

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: I need to schedule my 2nd a/s for this week or next week

How are you feeling? Not too bad. My hips are sore, and a little bit of back pain.

Rants/Raves: Both kids are in a new school, so I'm trying to learn 2 sets of rules and teachers and friends' names, and I can barely remember what I'm supposed to be doing thanks to baby brain.

Questions: If you have school aged kids, are you sending them to a pre-baby siblings class?

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? I have no idea. LOL
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 weeks on Wednesday 
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    Upcoming Appointments: Had a dentist appt and ultrasound today. Have a follow up OB appt on Wednesday. 
    How are you feeling? Better today then I have in days. It's a good day so I'm just going to focus on that and be happy.
    Rant - The ultrasound tech at my OB's practice is hired out of a seperate company. She is so cold and not a people person. Every time I ask a question, she makes me feel like I'm putting her out and being annoying. She also bruises my tummy from pressing so hard.
    Rave - The ultrasound went good. They got everything they didn't get last time. She is a healthy baby and measuring correctly.
    I wouldn't want to trade forever. But I would love to trade places with Audrey Hepburn, only for the filming of Funny Face. That way I could dance with Fred Astaire in a beautiful white wedding dress and sign lovely songs. Plus the fashion in that movie was amazing!
  • Options
    @McKBaby I expected to be given the rx for the GD test today at 23w7d but my OB actually said they’ll do it next time when I’m 27w 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @ashorkey god I feel you on the annoying fam member thing, I love my in-laws and that side, but sometimes it’s like JUST CHILL OUT WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT and you don’t need to know every detail!!!

@ninrms omg my heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your friend. Sending you good vibes. 
  • Options
    Thanks @CapricaAndrea & @anniemarie887!  Glad to know that my memory isn’t failing me ... yet! 😂

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @ninrms I'm so sorry for you and your friend :(
  • Options
    @ninrms sending good vibes your way
  • Options
    @ninrms I am so sorry to hear that.  My husband has lost several students to suicide over the past few years and it has been so hard for him and his school community.  I can’t even imagine what the family is going through.

Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 16, 24 weeks 2 days

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday regular 24 week prenatal visit then an ultrasound to check growth since I am being monitored for repeat HELLP syndrome/ preeclampsia.  Then I don’t know if they’re doing my second glucose test when I’m 26 or 28 weeks.

How are you feeling? Pretty good other than occasional back pain.  Hungry.

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: Maybe best directed to the baby gear thread, but what car seats are you guys thinking of getting?  We had a chicco keyfit 30 for our daughter who is now 6 so it is expired, but I was looking at the chicco fit2 because it has two recline positions so it can be used until age 2.  It’s still a bucket seat though so it can snap into the stroller base, which I like.  

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? I can’t think of anyone.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    @ninrms i'm sorry for you and your friend, that's just heartbreaking
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Dec22 23w2d

Team Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: not until Sept 13

How are you feeling? The heartburn! Today’s it’s killibg me. And still exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: 
    rave: I found the double stroller I wanted on Facebook marketplace for $75 (retails around $200). It needs a serious cleaning but for that savings I can clean! 

Rant: I just realized I have no cool weather maternity clothes. Last year I was due in August. 

Questions: 

Hmmm not sure. I’ll hsve to think more. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @anniemarie887 @jandawg @CapricaAndrea @ktmaesim @KTZ17Thank you, it means a lot! @KTZ17 - This will only be my third year teaching, so it's definitely something terrible and new for me to experience. I'm sorry your husband has gone through it several times, too. :( 
  • Options
    @ninrms I’m so sorry to hear that. Suicide is rough for everyone. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w6d, 12/19

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow with the oncologist for a follow up and then with the high risk perinatologist right after. Had an ultrasound and OB appointment yesterday with my glucose screen. Fingers crossed I pass!

How are you feeling? Just kind of drained. At yesterday’s ultrasound they measured my cervical length and it was too short/too open, so now I have to go have the high risk doctor look at it tomorrow. In the words of my OB (who I love) - “who did you piss off?” 😒 I suppose I need to see the high risk doctor again anyways, as he’ll be coordinating my early induction with my oncologist. I just didn’t really want to see him for a totally separate issue. I’m still crossing my fingers that this will be minor and I can take some progesterone and everything will be fine. On the positive side, I’m really looking forward to meeting with my oncologist tomorrow. She found no new cancer spots from my latest surgery, so I’ll definitely get to hold off chemo until after delivery.(yay!) I’m looking forward to getting some concrete details about what the chemo plan will be so I can plan my life a little. It’s a weird form of torture to have three months to worry about something major and unknown. A planner like me needs all the details I can get!

Rants/Raves: Rave - on Monday my mother-in-law drove me over two and a half hours each way to Mt. Rainier National Park so we could be in spectacularly beautiful nature but still have super easy walks for me while I’m recovering. We had a total blast and the weather was just flawless. I’m so grateful for a MIL I get along with so well and who is so generous with her time and love. She also just moved here from Chicago and lives about 30min from us now. It will be such an amazing help to have family nearby when the baby comes and I’m doing chemo.

Questions: This seems like a silly question, but what would contractions right now feel like? With the shortened cervical length, everyone is now asking me if I’ve been feeling contractions. I don’t think so, but I’m not really sure. I’ve been feeling so many weird new things with the baby growing that I’m not sure I’d be able to separate them all out. 🤷🏻‍♀️

GTKY: if you could change places with someone dead or alive, who would it be? This one is so tough! I’d really like to just spend a day or two as different average people from different periods of time and places in the world. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want any of the switches to be permanent though!
  • Options
    @lucylivesinwa I've been wondering what contractions feel like, too! Not a silly question. I have a really tight feeling every once in a while but I have no idea if that's a contraction or some other strange thing happening. Also, I'm jealous of your mother in law relationship! That's awesome that you're so close and that she'll be around to help. 
  • Options
    lucylivesinwa My midwife told me anything consistent / regular intervals in regards to braxton hicks / tightening of the stomach or lasting cramping similar to menstrual cramps could be considered contractions.
  • Options
    I feel like I've felt a tightness across my belly at times, but I think it's usually a one off?
  • Options
    @jandawg It's probably a braxton hicks which are "practice" contractions (not actual)
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/29 but OB says 12/19. Grrrrrrr

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: next week and need to do my glucose before that. Sooo you all got me worried that it’s way too early. Oh well I’ll just do it anyway. 

How are you feeling? Not too bad. Heartburn but it’s tolerable. I’m currently dealing with allergies which is way worse than the pregnancy symptoms at this point. 

Rants/Raves: we worked nights this past week and supposed to next week too. But then they decided today that next week we will be on days and the following week will be nights again. I hate adjusting back and forth. 

Questions: 

GTKY: I also don’t have a good answer and would go along with the people who said an average person in different centuries. 
  • Options
    @ashorkey all these weird new feelings! 
    @jstinkz that adjusting of the work schedule sounds rough - hope it goes well. 

Had a midwife appointment today, all went well for the most part. I wish I had got more detail about measurements because I'm feeling a lack of information. Also got some tips on the glucose test. My midwife says the 1 hr has a high false positive rate but a true negative rate. She recommended a low carb high protein/fat breakfast 1-3 hrs before the test for best chances of avoiding a false positive. I've got the req' but won't go until around September 19th.... so a ways away for me.

Also got a last minute physiotherapy appointment today which went well. Looking forward to hopefully getting some relief from this hip pain.
  • Options
    mrszoobearmrszoobear member
    edited August 2019
    @jandawg - The nurse at my OBGYN suggested I eat a high protein breakfast or snack too! I was going to ask about it but forgot. It almost sounded shady because she told me to lie to the tech at the lab and say I was fasting 😂. Apparently some will refuse to do it if they know you have eaten. She also said not to eat any carbs or sugars at all with it. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to fast anyhow. I can't choke down eggs without ketchup or toast. I wouldn't know what else to eat early in the morning to keep down. Nausea is still a big problem in my life. 
  • Options
    @mrszoobear I didn't think you had to fast for the 1 hr? Eggs with cheese - no probs!
  • Options
    @jstinkz My midwife said any time between 24-28 weeks is fine for the glucose test, so you shouldn't be too early. That's just a really big window of time and many will be going closer to the 28 week mark instead. 

@mrszoobear Yeah i was specifically told that I don't have to fast for it, but I suppose it's possible that different places have different ways of doing it. 
  • Options
    ashorkeyashorkey member
    edited August 2019
    @jandawg I had to fast last time for the 1 hour and I was asked what I ate for lunch that day (my appointment was at 4pm) I remember I had a burrito bowl and they were nervous I was going to fail because of all the rice. I managed to pass still. 

@mrszoobear could you do a breakfast hash? eggs and meat and veggies? 

ETA: now I want breakfast hash. with sweet potatoes and sun dried tomatoes! 
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea & @jandawg - yeah apparently it depends on what lab service you use, some are okay with the protein only thing and others will make you come back when fasting. But I'm glad to hear my OB's office isnt the only one who wants you to eat some protein. 

Thanks @jandawg for the egg and cheese suggestion. I suppose I could probably keep down an egg and cheese omelet. Is American cheese okay? 
  • Options
    @mrszoobear my kraft singles show 2g of sugar per serving to my balderson Cheddars 0g of sugar. I think as long as it wasn't like a 'light' American cheese it would be fine?
  • Options
    jandawg said:
    @mrszoobear my kraft singles show 2g of sugar per serving to my balderson Cheddars 0g of sugar. I think as long as it wasn't like a 'light' American cheese it would be fine?
    Thank you!