March 2020 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In Week of 8/26

Hey, Ladies. I feel like we didn't do this last week. The first trimester is winding down for some of us! 

1. Weeks/EDD

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food?
*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

Re: PGAL Check In Week of 8/26

• Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 11w6d, edd March 10

2. Previous loss(es)?  1 cp, 1 mmc at 8 weeks, 1 loss at 13.5 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, I'm feeling much better.  The nausea is finally starting to fade.. which I'm so grateful for!   I can finally get things done.   But, with that, also comes anxiety - since I don't feel symptoms, then I worry that things aren't going ok.  With my 13.5 week loss, I felt sick right up to a couple of days prior to the loss... baby passed at 13.5 weeks they guessed from his size, but I still stayed pregnant for another couple of weeks after that, and still had nausea.  Also a wreck waiting to get the NIPT test done and the results back.

4. Any appointment updates?  Hopefully will be getting the NIPT done this week, ultrasound Sept 5.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant, my midwife's office completely screwed up the NIPT, he told me I would have it done Aug 12, but somehow the lab didn't get the message.  Rave, I'm glad school has started.  It feels much better to be in that 'routine' again (and, nice to get the kids out of the house for a little while.) 

6. Any milestones coming up?  The 13.5 week milestone is fast approaching.  I think I will finally feel 'safe' once I pass this milestone and go on into the 2nd tri,  and get good NIPT results.  

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? Toast - especially the toast that is perfectly made in diners with the melted butter... now I want some.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    . Weeks/EDD 11+5   3/11

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I’m anxious for my NIPT results. They should be here any day and I’m terrified that baby won’t be healthy. Physically I’ve been doing a lot better but today the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s been horrible. I’m still taking meds and they aren’t even touching it. Even started dry heaving and if I had something in my stomach I’m sure I would have thrown up. Ugh. Both of my other pregnancies it had ended by now. I don’t know what kind of sick joke this baby is playing but mommy needs her life (food) back kid.  

4. Any appointment updates? I was supposed to have one this week but I had to reschedule due to a death in the family. Of course they didn’t have anything until next week so now I have to wait even longer 😭

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not at the moment. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I’ve passed them both thankfully. Just need those test results. 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? I don’t know. Usually biscuits and gravy and grits but nothing sounds good right now. It’s hard to think about food when you feel so sick. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @treetop19 how annoying about your NIPT! I would be livid.
    @kagesstarshroom hope you're feeling much better VERY soon.
    @miss.sally I'm sorry for the loss of your family member, and waiting on both accounts.

1. Weeks/EDD
    (edited because I can't type) 11+4, 3/12/20

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    5 total

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Again, I'm sorry I'm not in this thread every week. Sometimes I can't update in here because it's too much on my AL brain. But, today is a good day. In general, emotionally, I'm drained. Things at work are at the most stressful time of year, we're going through autism screening with DD starting this week, and I've been having loss dreams. Physically I'm doing better! Nausea is much less, fatigue is generally better. Yahoo!

4. Any appointment updates? 
    No more appointments until 9/13, which feels SO far away.

My rant is above... lots going on and ready for things to settle down a bit.

EDD of one of my losses is coming up on 9/2. 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food?
    Bagels!
  • Options
    I’ve just been lurking on this thread so far, but thought I would actually check in this week.

Weeks/EDD 9 weeks 3 days 3/27/20

Previous loss(es)? 1- D&C in December 2018 at around 6 weeks.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Nausea continues, and it was especially strong yesterday, so I’m trying to use that to help me stay positive. We’ve told all of our close family now, and it’s making me feel like I’ve jinxed it, even though we saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks 5 days and everything was normal, and I’ve had no bleeding or other signs. I hate that MMCs are a thing. How are you supposed to reassure yourself on the daily if that’s a possiblilty?

Any appointment updates? Since my first ultrasound was before 8 weeks, I have to go back next week for another just to have a more accurate EDD. I’m glad I’ll have chance to do another one before it’s just regular appointments from then on out, but I’m also terrified something will be wrong.

Any milestones coming up? Already past my loss, which is great, but also means I’m in uncharted territory...

GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? I LOVE breakfast food, so this is hard. It’s probably a tie between eggs benedict and a good bagel with cream cheese and lox.
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 9w3d EDD 3/27

2. Previous loss(es)? 4

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm grumpy that I'm still holding on tight to this nausea. If I miss a dose of my meds or if I eat too much at once/go too long in between meals I'm a hot mess. So basically always. The worst part of it is the MS isn't enough to satisfy my PGAL brain anymore and I'm feeling pretty anxious most days. I've had three dreams about the baby, and 2 of them involved me miscarrying. We told our parents this past weekend and so now I'm doubly nervous that something is going to happen.

4. Any appointment updates? Next midwife appt is next Fri. Looking forward to getting to hear LO's heartbeat on the doppler!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Other STM+ moms, do you feel like this pregnancy is just FLYING by? I got my BFP six weeks ago today and it feels so intense that I'm already over 9 weeks! I'm a quarter done if baby comes as early as DS did.

6. Any milestones coming up? Very close to passing my 10 week loss milestone (it will be this Friday). Fingers crossed that'll make this craziness in my brain die down.

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? Honestly, I don't love breakfast food. I've had some damn good eggs benedict a few times before, so maybe that. I also love bagels, especially a fried egg and some cheese on an onion bagel.
  • Options
    @projectalice I can never finish anything anymore. I think it's starting to annoy DH that I will insist I'm starving and desperately want X food, and then when I get it I can't take more than 5 bites.
    @creativesoul83 welcome to the thread!
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese it's good to see you check in! Fingers crossed things settle in for you soon. 
    @miss.sally I'm right there with you with the heinous nausea. It's horrible, and then DH will ask me what's for dinner and I contemplate killing him.
  • Options
    @hellobabys thank you! We’re also EDD twins!

@projectalice I could totally see how salmon could be a not so desirable food with MS, but luckily even with MS I haven’t really had much food aversion, so I’m spoiling myself with my favorite things!
  • Options
    @creativesoul63 I wish!! I have an aversion to basically everything! I forgot to take my bonjesta today and I'm SO sick! 
    @hellobabys that's meeeee. My husband hates it! We don't have much extra money and it's frustrating for me to eat a few bites and no more. :( I usually can't eat it later either because it isn't appealing then. Sigh.
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD - 12w1d/March 9th

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 miscarriage in February of this year at 10 weeks 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Still super tired all the time but other than that I'm feeling ok. Nausea is gone! Emotionally much better since I received my NIPT results yesterday & everything is good. We are having a girl. We have 2 daughters 15yrs & 10yrs & 1 son 4 and half. He really wanted a baby brother but yesterday when we told him he was having a baby sister he was still excited & gave me a big hug!

4. Any appointment updates? Next appointment is a week from tomorrow 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I ordered a Sonoline B doppler & have received it but haven't opened it yet. I've seen good reviews about it. Have any of you ladies found the heartbeat at 12 weeks with one?

6. Any milestones coming up? Already passed my big milestone 2 weeks ago which is a relief 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? Raisin toast with a little butter & scrambled eggs!
  • Options
    @creativesoul83 Yay, due date twins! I will probably give birth before my EDD though, my first came early and I suspect this baby will too.

@projectalice twinning, same on every count. I was craving onion rings so bad this weekend, literally left the house at like 11 at night to go get them and I ate two or three before tapping out. And there's no reheating onion rings. I'm sure DH is super pissed because that was far from an isolated incident, but he's doing a good job of hiding being annoyed with me so I'm grateful. 

@ashesdene congrats on your little girl! My DS just turned 3 so he doesn't really seem to care boy or girl, I'm just so excited to see him as a big brother. I know someone in maybe this thread? maybe another thread? found her baby's heartbeat at like 10 weeks recently with that same doppler! I think by 12 weeks you should be able to find it, but I'd recommend looking up a tutorial video online to make sure you're doing it right/have found the right sound.
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD:  I am 11w+4d today, due on Friday the 13th of March :-D 

2. Previous loss(es)?  I've had two — a blighted ovum in March 2019 and then a MC in late May/early June 2019.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Emotionally, I am always stressed out and anxious, at least a little bit. I'm still in that scary part where I haven't gotten any genetic testing done yet, so I don't want to get my hopes way, way up.  I'm also still on hormone hyper drive!  Everything makes me cry!  Happy things, sad things, things that normally would just make me angry... all the tears!  Physically, I am doing okay.  I have been having lots of food aversions and cravings lately.  Random things sound delicious and then I'll start eating them and I'm instantly full.  That is sort of annoying.  I guess overall, I'm still just a bundle of nerves, but a very, very tired and sluggish bundle of nerves!

4. Any appointment updates?  I have my NT scan, US, and blood work on Thursday the 29th.  I'm so anxious!!  I'm taking my partner to this one, so he'll get a chance to see our little nugget on the screen.  I'm pretty excited about that part.  He wasn't able to come to my first appointment, but luckily my sister is a general practitioner and she came with me so I wasn't alone.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? What sort of weight lifting exercises do you guys do, if any?  I used to be big into fitness and would lift weights and do strength training at least twice a week.  I'm slowly getting back into the routine of doing cardio (just walking mostly), but I want to do some arm exercises and squats with weights.  Any suggestions?

Also, complete rant: my partner thinks that I can control my moodiness and hormones.  I try my very best to not get overly emotional about things or get upset when it isn't warranted, but sometimes I'm just PISSED about something (that I have a right to be angry about) or just soooo sad about something (even if it's something little like he went to the grocery store for something and didn't ask me if I needed anything) and he tells me that my ability to control said emotions is "debatable."  It is infuriating.  He's done very little in terms of researching pregnancy and how it effects us women, so for him to run his mouth like he's an expert just sends me over the edge.  Grrr... men.  (Not all men, of course!)

6. Any milestones coming up?  I have actually passed all of my loss milestones, so I should be feeling more excited and less terrified... but I'm not really.  Still just scared.  When will this fear go away and let me enjoy this pregnancy??

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food?  ALL THE BREAKFAST FOODS, GIMME!  I love breakfast and could eat it for every single meal.  Yum!  My favorite is probably just cheesy scrambled eggs, honestly.  But I'm a huge cereal connoisseur, I adore pancakes, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, syrup, etc.  I love breakfast!  Toast!  Peanut butter toast, mmm... I need some immediately! 
  • Options
    @Malidocious I will straight up fight your partner for you. A couple weeks back someone on this board had their husband say to them "you're not even that pregnant" about her tiredness and nausea... he's lucky he isn't married to me because he wouldn't be anymore after that! Also I don't care how much you research pregnancy, if a pregnant women tells you something is true for her, then it's true dammit. Everybody is different, and it's a time of monumental change in a person's body. It's exhausting, and doing the physical, mental and emotional labor of carrying a child is one of the most selfless things that can be done, IMHO. 
  • Options
    @malidocious Maybe the u/s with your partner there will help him get it better? Like maybe ask pertinent questions that will involve answers from medical professionals that might help him see the light? And yes, I am taking the good (supposedly a good sign to feel sick) with the bad (the actual feeling sick) with this whole being KU deal. 

@projectalice i thought you were gonna say rice krispies treattttsss and now i want that.
  • Options

1. Weeks/EDD 11 weeks 5 days, March 12

2. Previous loss(es)? A D&C on May 8, 2019

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, I am a lot calmer after the NIPT results. My head was in a VERY bad and selfish, irrational place last week waiting, and I am glad that part is over. Physically, I feel better but at night from about 6:30-9 I tend to feel pretty awful.

4. Any appointment updates? I go for a routine appointment on September 5th!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave, just glad to have the NIPT results back.

6. Any milestones coming up? I’ve passed my milestone. Relief. I think once I hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks, I’ll feel even better.

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? For some reason, I hate breakfast food this first trimester and the same thing happened with my son’s pregnancy (maybe that means it is a boy??), but I love vegan pancakes and anything I can put hot sauce on haha.

@treetop19 My nausea is largely fading now as well. I think it is really normal at this point, but I get the anxiety… Still mad for you re: the NIPT results.

@kagesstarshroom Good luck with the start of school! And OMG going to see who it is from TTGP… OMG I was SO SO SO SO cheering for her. YES!

@miss.sally So sorry about the loss. I also hope you get your results soon.

@workingonmynightcheese I’m so sorry for the dreams. Ugh.

@creativesoul63 I am so with you. Miscarriage in general is awful, but MMC are just the worst. I have a doppler because I can’t handle that.

@projectalice I was able to find the HB at 9 weeks with my doppler but have been using it for three pregnancies. I think by 12 weeks it is MUCH easier to find. Do you have one already? I always prop my butt up under a pillow. It helps!

@hellobabys Oh no for the dreams for you too.

@ashesdene I have the sonoline B and found the HB with this baby at 9 weeks. I’m 11 weeks and 5 days now and found it EASILY last night. I prop up my butt, do it when it is quiet and I have time, and I’m pretty patient with it. These little ones like to bounce around.

@malidocious I feel you on the hormone overdrive! And someone telling me I could control it would ummm enrage me haha.

*TW*

• Options
    @emilylove25 that's my bad time of day too these days! It used to be the opposite--I felt terrible in the late morning/early afternoon. now it's like dinner/after dinner. so much heartburn. so many tums. and yayyy for shamroc!!! <3
  • Options
    1. Weeks/EDD 11w4d / March 13

2. Previous loss(es)? 2

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Alright emotionally and gassy, gassy, gassy already. 

4. Any appointment updates? Next appointment is Sept 11

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm trying to get the courage up to work on my announcement, although I'm not certain when I'll put it up. 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? Bacon or waffles or blueberry muffins. I can't choose between them!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom good luck back at school tomorrow!! Back-to-school has really taken me for a ride this time and I feel like I’ve been very MIA on here. 
    @creativesoul83 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 Nice to hear from you! If you figure out a cure for that MMC anxiety—let me know! 🤗
    @Malidocious I’m with you on just wanting to be able to enjoy it! Maybe once baby is more visible/I can feel him or her that will help. 

1. Weeks/EDD 10w4d, EDD 3/22

2. Previous loss(es)? MMMC in March 2019 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Going back to school has at least been a big distraction. But then I get worried that I don’t have as strong symptoms and that means something’s wrong...really I should just be grateful that first tri is winding down and feeling better at this point is what my doctor said to expect! Damn MMC will probably make me second guess for forever. 

4. Any appointment updates? I go in for my next appt and bloodwork on 9/10. Looking forward to good NIPT results and finding out boy or girl. After that I’m hoping I’ll feel more ready to share openly about this pregnancy. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Passed the loss milestone. The EDD from my loss is in September. I’m not sure how I will feel when that comes! 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite breakfast food? I love a good bagel/cream cheese, and bacon! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the love, ladies. It means to have a lot to have a space I can come to and feel safe in. <3
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I'm glad you're back to feeling better after you got those amazing NIPT results!  It is easy to get wrapped up in that sheer panic that something is wrong, so I'm so glad the results are so wonderful.  Oh and I was NOT pleased with my partner when he made those remarks (on more than one occasion!!!)... I got him a book for expectant fathers and strongly suggested that he read it so he can get a better understanding of what's going on with me while I'm busy growing his child.  I'm mad all over again now that I'm thinking about it, lol!!

@kagesstarshroom My bad time of the day is always first thing in the morning.  I wake up in a panic state most mornings but my evenings are pretty relaxing, thankfully.

@aerie_star Due date twinsies!  I already said that in a different thread, but I felt compelled to say it again, lol.  All of those breakfast foods you listed sound AMAZING and I want them all!  I have been eating chocolate covered blueberries this morning but now I'm definitely needing them inside of muffins, omg. 

@hmjensen Yes!  That is my hope, too... once the baby is more visible & moving around and I'm showing, perhaps I'll calm down.  But right now, it's just so hard to stay excited and hopeful when there isn't some source of constant reassurance.
  • Options
    @treetop19 ugh I would be annoyed with that NIPT mix up too. With DD, they cancelled my NT ultrasound due to a snowstorm (that never happened!) and I was freaking out since it has to be done within a certain timeframe. It all worked out though.

@kagesstarshroom Sorry you’re still feeling the nausea but happy you’re having positive vibes about this pregnancy :)

@miss.salley fingers crossed for great NIPT results. Booo to the nausea but yay for passing your loss milestones :)

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese I love bagels too and have been especially craving them recently...

@creativesoul63 We’ve started telling close family/friends too and I’m excited to tell people but also constantly feel like we’re jinxing it. It kind of sucks. I had a MMC and it’s terrifying to think something could be wrong again and we’ll have no idea until the next ultrasound.

@projectalice with DD, I started using the Doppler at 9 weeks and plan to try this time as soon as I get mine back from my sister! Being able to feel baby move is such a reassurance, I can’t wait for that to start.

@hellobabys hope you have a great appt
    tomorrow! How early was DS born? My daughter was a 35 weeker and I always felt like I was going to deliver early but I feel like this pregnancy might go full term.

@ashesdene congrats on your baby girl! I’m not sure if the Doppler I have is a Sonoline (it sounds familiar though...) but we were able to get the heartbeat a little after 9 weeks with my daughter.

@Malidocious I don’t currently do any weight lifting but am in the same place as you and would like to start, to at least try and keep my arms and thighs toned during this pregnancy! So far I’ve just been doing some prenatal yoga videos. Also the husband thing! I hate when mine just automatically thinks all my emotions are related to being pregnant though... like no, maybe I’m upset for good reason sometimes, it’s not all irrational! 

@EmilyLove25 Glad you’ve gotten your NIPT results and are feeling better :)
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Options
    1. 9 weeks, EDD 4/2 (but I’m sticking here in the March board!) 

2. MMC

3. Had a great ultrasound last week, saw tiny peanut measuring perfectly with HR of 170 so I felt good for all of two or three days. Now back to having pretty high anxiety levels due to not knowing what’s going on in there. Trying to reassure myself with statistics of decreased miscarriage rates after seeing the heartbeat but it’s hard. My MMC was 8w5d and I’m past that now but haven’t heard the heart since 8w1d so I’m just terrified something happened and I’ll have no way of knowing. 
    Physically, nausea has gotten better but now I go from being insanely hungry, stomach rumbling like crazy to being extremely full and not wanting to think about food at all (in like a matter of minutes). Also sooooo tired. 

4. Had first OB visit and ultrasound. Next one not until next month. 

5.  Rant! DH was in a work trip for a few days so I’ve been solo parenting our 2 year old monkey and working my usual 10 hour days (I work two jobs currently) which I think just contributed to my overall exhaustion. He came home today and I texted him apologizing that the house was such a mess (thinking he was going to have to clean it up...) and texted him throughout the day about how totally exhausted I was, wishing I didn’t have to be at work so I could just rest! Came home from work, he had just gotten out of the shower, hadn’t picked up DD yet from daycare, sink still full of dishes, dishwasher wasn’t emptied, nothing picked up or put away... why? He took a nice relaxing nap! He works from home so I don’t typically expect him to clean the house since I know he’s working BUT he clearly wasn’t doing much work if had time to take a freaking nap, he could have at least emptied the dishwasher so I didn’t have to deal with all that when I got home from a long, tiring day 😡 

6. Passed my MMC milestone but hasn’t provided much relief until I can see/hear the heartbeat again.

7. My go to when we go out for breakfast is a cheese omelet with tomatoes, home fries and wheat toast. 
  • Options
    @oliveoil-2 I can so relate to the positive US giving you 2-3 days of peace and that's it. But what a great and STRONG heart rate. Seriously! Also, I would be pretty heated with DH. My DH travels for work regularly, and he got home last night and he made dinner for the kids, I sat with them while they ate and then I said I was going to lie down and shower. Did that for an hour. He cleaned and did the dishes and then I did baths and he put DD to bed. DS is easy so that doesn't count... Yours needs to step up!
    *TW*

• Options
    @oliveoil-2, yup! You nailed it. Had a great appointment 3 weeks ago, rode that high for basically 2.5 days, and now here we are again. Next appointment on 9/10 feels forever from now. Also—with you in the starving-to full camp. I ate not 25 minutes ago and felt filled pretty quick. Stomach is now rumbling again and I feel like I haven’t eaten in hours. 

Guess I should be grateful it isn’t nausea anymore?
  • Options
    @hmjensen also feel full and hungry all at the same time 😂 but yes, I’m hoping maybe the nausea has gone for good! 

@EmilyLove25 yesss, he did make dinner but it’s not like was even jet lagged because he only flew to the next state over! Definitely has to step it up a bit!