April 2020 Moms

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• I love seeing all of the US photos people are posting! I'm getting really nervous about some of my symptoms, but my first appt isn't scheduled until Sept. 10th. Just seeing everyone's photos makes my heart happy!
  • I only get a print out from the anatomy scan at my hospital urgh. I might ask to take a picture of the screen to show my folks at least though.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know @mercury94! I’ll ask this time. I’m happy enough with the print out but... in these digital times 😬 it would be nice to have a soft copy 
  • First ultrasound today ! Measuring right on track basically at 7w4d with a strong heartbeat! (Though she didn’t tell me the number ?) 
  • sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    @jd614 I've heard they don't measure the heartbeat until later (when a doppler is used). Having said that, I have seen several ladies post on here with approx heartbeat ranges during early ultrasound.
  • @sanpelligrino yay so happy everything looked great! Seeing the heartbeat flicker is so wild, isn't it? <3
  • @littleredm so so wild, it was flickering so fast ♥️ Def looked like one tough cookie 🍪
  • @babyrummom we still had a yolk sac as well. It was noted in the summary. But measuring right on track, so good! 
  • @babyrummom and @ejoseph16 I had a yolk sac that was pointed out to me today as well ! 
  • Has anyone else had experience with a chorionic hematoma/hemorrhage? I had my second ultrasound on Wednesday at 7 weeks and 5 days and it was noticed and measured then. NP didn’t seem too worried but did say I should take it easy and no intercourse. Wondering if this is happened to anyone else. I’m trying not to worry!
  • First ultrasound this morning, little babe was measuring 7w2d, due date staying put at April 14. HB at 148. I am spotting so getting an early dose of Rhogam now. Same thing happened with during my second pregnancy so hopefully it stops in a few days. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @whoot16 yes I had a hematoma with my second pregnancy, caused off and on bleeding until it resolved around 14 weeks but other than that no issues. Just monitored it. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 

• Had our 1st US today. Thought I was 6 weeks but they pushed me back a week. We were able to do the US but couldn't hear the heartbeat yet. We go back in 2 weeks for another appointment  
  • @coaster102516 thank you so much! That makes me feel better!
  • Had a dating ultrasound today and apparently I'm only 6w2d, which puts my new due date 4/27. But it seems so far past when I O'd! The tech wasn't concerned at all, so that was nice, but 😬
  • Thrilled to report that all is as expected! Measuring more or less on track, and we are keeping the 4/7 due date based on LMP. We were lucky to see a strong little heartbeat flicker! Feels a lot more real now. Heading back in a few weeks for a 12 week appointment. 
  • Got an ultrasound this morning because I was experiencing spotting and thought I had an infection but doctor said everything looks good! Baby is measuring at 8w5d with a heartbeat of 174. 
    Doctor thinks my cervix is irritated and that was the cause of spotting.
  • @katiemcoulter5271 glad everything looks good. I am spotting as well and pretty sure my cervix is just sensitive/irritated because baby looked great. Hoping it stops soon though, gives me such anxiety

Diagnosed PCOS 2013

• @coaster102516 I know, right? My was brown so they kept saying old blood but it's still the scariest feeling
  • @kerriann0o114 Yes, you should definitely stay. Congrats on the great ultrasound. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @littleredm and others, was it a transvaginal ultrasound or abdominal.....?
  • @sanpelligrino mine was transvaginal.
  • @sanpelligrino I'm assuming mine will be abdominal since I was told to drink 32 oz of water before the scan tomorrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited September 2019
    @sanpelligrino mine was adominal. Didn't have to drink a specific amount either, just showed up.