Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 8/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 8/29

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 that's ridiculous about the sizing of your bridesmaid dress. I'm side-eyeing the shop for messing up the sizing. I had a similar experience in high school. The school tradition was wearing white dresses instead of the cap and gown. A local bridal shop handled all the measurements and orders and we ALL ended up with dresses that were too big and/or too long. Pretty shady. 
  • @emeraldduchess right? Like wtf. DH wanted me to call the shop but these dresses are always non-refundable or returnable so what good would come out of calling them and saying they ordered the wrong size? I figure they wrote 10 down instead of 12 so to them they ordered correctly and wouldn't do anything to help me now that I'm paying for additional alterations.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess Yay for being done with classroom setup! 

@inthewoods23 That’s frustrating about the dress sizing. I hope it doesn’t cost too much to let out. Glad everything is going well so far for your FET! 
  • Month/Cycle: 16/11/1 AL#2

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole the next cycle & add in progesterone.

R/R: Nothing too exciting for me, just waiting for the weekend!! We were able to walk the pups last night, and plan on doing our big walk tonight...so I’m definitely looking forward to that! Just gotta survive the day! 

CS/Q: None. 

@inthewoods23 so glad your appt. yesterday went well! You are getting so close, and I’m so excited everything is looking good!! That is super frustrating about the dress! I had something similar happen with my bridesmaid dress for my brother’s wedding...except I was in between sizes and was a dummy and went with the smaller size as motivation to lose weight! I did not lose the weight and my mom had to work her sewing magic and move the zipper...but I couldn’t breathe that whole night I’m pretty sure! That stinks you have to spend more money to get it fixed because of their mistake though!! Hopefully it doesn’t cost too much and it fits you perfectly afterwards! 

@emeraldduchess that’s exciting you should have your classroom finished today and not have to think about it over the weekend! I say go for the action figure! ☺️ That reminds me, I’m going to start the first Tudor Queens book after I finish the book I’m reading (most likely this weekend). I’m interested to see if I will enjoy historical fiction! MH has gotten me into fantasy/sci-fi, which I never would have thought I would enjoy...so I’m interested to broaden my horizons even more! 

@tyrion_ yay for O! Haha, yes that’s totally normal!! I’m all for doing/saying whatever it takes!! Hopefully it’s the most perfect egg and is ready to be fertilized!!! 

• @inthewoods23 ugh that’s so frustrating about the sizing! Hopefully they’re able to let it out ok. This reminds me that I should probably try on my bridesmaid dress (that I got 2 sizes too big- I hope- because I thought I’d be 6 months pregnant at the wedding)

@emeraldduchess yay for classroom setup! And for +OPKs! 

@tyrion_ I just loled 😂 my mom told me I need to talk to my ovaries/eggs and I’ve honestly been contemplating it. Glad I’m not the only weirdo ;) 

• @tyrion_ LOL at your talking to your egg. I do similar things if I think I am O'ing too. I had some O cramps yesterday so I think I'll be over in the TWW with you soon. 
  • @bluetickgal let me know what you think! If you like the genre I can reccommend plenty more books for you. :) 
  • @b_1029 haha, we do! Yes, I walk with a friend at work during breaks too, and it’s been so nice! I had pain like that several cycles ago, I convinced myself it had to have been a cyst it was such intense pain! Glad your ovary is still there! 😂 Hope your day goes by quickly and frustration free so you can move on to the long-weekend!! 

@emeraldduchess will do!! ☺️ Thanks!! 
  • @inthewoods23 I would be so pissed about the dress size. That is unacceptable! The shop needs to order you the correct size! It's harder to take a dress out than in, so this is ridiculous! (Also, still totally hyped for your FET!!)

@emeraldduchess Hooray for blazing OPKs!!!!! We're going to migrate to TWW soon!! Also, I vote you get QEII immediately!! 

@tyrion_ I freaking pink puffy heart love you talking to your egg! I'm going to do that too! 

@bluetickgal I'm glad you got to walk the pups!!!! That's so good for them and you!

@b_1029 super jealous of your extra long weekend!!! Hope it's super fun and relaxing! 

@whitealbum29 Have fun in RI!!!!! (Also, tmi? That doesn't even exist here haha!!!) 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @whitealbum29 thanks! Hope your next day and a half goes by quickly too! Have fun in RI this weekend! 

@misshelen86 thank you! Glad you are feeling better about things now! Hope you can sleep and the people working on the yard won’t wake you! Enjoy your acupuncture appt! 

@mvt2003 thanks, it’s definitely good for all of us! Bahaha to the Drill Sergeant comment! Glad O has happened! Yay for having energy...and hopefully they got your email stuff all straightened out! 

@kpearse99 I hadn’t noticed we were CD buddies either! Definitely glad we are in this together! Your day tomorrow sounds wonderful, hope you enjoy every minute of it!! 
  • @shoogapoff I did 1 round of clomid thru my OB but it totally dried up my CM so I didn’t do it again. The letrozole has done the complete opposite. I also notice less side effects (had decently bad headaches on clomid) on letrozole but in general I think they do the same thing! Good luck! Hoping this does the trick for you!
  • @b_1029 Interesting....good to know about your experience with side-effects. Thanks! I'm glad to hear that letrozole isn't causing the same issues for you.
  • @shoogapoff that’s nice! Our dogs are crazy, so I don’t know how therapeutic it is for us...that’s why we do a separate walk without them and just don’t tell them! 🤫 Sorry for all the emotions! That’s so exciting you are one step closer to your IUI though! 

@inthewoods23 it is crazy how different everyone’s journey is, but I’m so hopeful for you next month!!