Options

All Weeks Checkin w/o July 29

Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you/baby doing?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat?

Re: All Weeks Checkin w/o July 29

• Options
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 2 weeks 6 days 

Team: it’s a girl!!

Upcoming Appointments: 1month appt on August 14 

How are you/baby doing?: we’re doing great! She’s figuring out day/night. We have a bit of trouble getting to sleep in the evening but that’s our only problem. 

Rants/Raves:  I’m just so in love. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat? Peanut butter bash from Dairy Queen!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 3 weeks and 3 days!

Team: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until 2 month well visit 

How are you/baby doing?: she’s doing really well!! Nursing is going well, only slight issue is I have a strong letdown on the left side and it makes her spit up sometimes. Working on getting her on then off for the letdown then back on again. I’m feeling great! This has been my easiest recovery of the 3, and I’m super thankful! 

Rants/Raves: my SIL and nieces are here visiting. While it is great to see them, it also throws us off any schedule I’m trying to establish with the kids, but reminding myself we have plenty of time to find our new rhythms and routines. My 2.5 year starts school in a week, and my 5 year old starts on August 12th. The summer flew by. I’m super excited to see them learn and grow this year, but I’ll miss having them at home. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat? Any type of ice cream! 

@Cbeanz glad to hear you’re doing well! Totally get the boredom from older kids. I’ve been trying hard to get out of the house every couple of days, even if it’s just to the grocery store!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cbeanz Ditto. I've been having a hard time finding a spare moment and a spare hand to post, which I'm sure is everyone else too. I still wish there was more activity here, hopefully as we make it out of the newborn fog chatter picks up a little bit. 

@nolemomma14 Oh wow! I forget that the school year starts so soon in some places, I hope that the return to normalcy for your older kiddos helps you find your balance. 

Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 2 weeks + 3 days old :) 

Team: Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: I had my 2 week postpartum yesterday with midwives, I have 2 more over the next 4 weeks. Craniosacral for LO tomorrow. LC followup on Monday. Pediatrician 2mo wellness in Sept. 

How are you/baby doing?: We are both doing OK. I feel like I'm at about 75%. I've gained back the weight that I lost from GD diet, postpartum healing is going ok but I think I'm suffering some anterior prolapse which is causing issues with trying to empty my bladder. LO is gaining at a good rate, he lost a lot in the first 3 days because he wasn't transferring any colostrum but he's since gained back over a pound and is continuing to gain about an ounce per day. Breastfeeding is a challenge, he has a high arched pallet, and some mystery restriction that may be a form of tongue tie.  I need to make an appt with an ENT to evaluate. In the meantime, I'm supplementing about 10oz of formula per day via sns. 

Rants/Raves:  Oh sleep.. I moved LO to the bassinet and its been hit or miss. I think I need to put him down earlier and get myself to bed then too. He's also been sleeping so much of the afternoon that he is ending up awake for about 2.5-3 hours between the two night feeds. Its brutal. On the + side I was able to move back into our bedroom last night, I need to ask DH how he slept though. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat? Ive been on an ice cream kick lately and need to back away slowly haha. This artisinal shop here makes a thai rice pudding flavored pint and its sooooo good.
  • Options
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 2weeks 4 days

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: not until she is 2 months

How are you/baby doing?: So in love with my baby girl! She is just a sweet little love bug! I never want her to grow up right now. I wish I had more time to just snuggle her. Personally, I got a shower in this morning which felt amazing especially after the projectile vomit i was bathed in at 6 am. We are getting into a routine and I'm doing my best not to let my house turn into a disaster zone.

Rants/Raves:  Today I'm super frustrated with my toddler and his sassy self. On any other day I'm doing awesome though. Hubby was gone for work and son is just needing a break from mom time. And he apparently no longer needs to nap 😣

Questions: anyone else just dying to reach that 6 week mark so they can have sex again?

Normally I'm all for ice cream and watermelon as my favorites. Right now I'm living off iced coffee though.
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 I have the same issue with a fast letdown. My lactation consultant said that I should put some slight pressure on my breast just for the initial letdown to stem the flow a little until she is older and figures out how to use her tongue to slow the flow. Just make sure you only apply pressure for a short period so you don't cause clogged ducts.

@mamanbebe thanks for starting this thread! I've been checking for the chat to pick back up. I have way too much time fory phone with all the time I've been spending breastfeeding.
  • Options
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 2 weeks + 6 days

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up visit to the pediatric cardiologist yesterday to check the status of her two minor defects. It's too soon for the holes to have changed much, but she has no signs of heart failure or any signs of distress, so that's good!

How are you/baby doing?: Arya is a good eater and is doing a good job gaining weight. She's been in size 0-3 for about a week now. We also just started having her sleep in her crib. Well, I am. DH let's her sleep on him the whole time he has her. So much for team work on that one. 

Rants/Raves:  Feeling pretty disconnected from DH. We are basically playing pass the baby, and I'm missing his company. 

Questions: 

I'm all about the popsicles right now!
  • Options
    @keebler6elf
    I think playing "pass the baby" is pretty normal during the newborn phase. Once they are older and need less frequent attention you can be more intentional about spending quality time with hubs. I miss mine too! We text each other a lot (from different rooms with different kids!).

@mamanbebe Thai rice pudding ice cream sounds incredible!!! 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz I figured I wouldn't be alone in that! 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Cbeanz how long do you have off? 

@bartonolivia ooo...I’ve been craving DQ! Might have to get some this weekend!

@mamanbebe glad the stress of GD is no longer on your plate. Thanks for starting this thread. 

@Niesen27 ummm no not me I’m not dying for sex yet. I don’t see myself being ready for quite awhile. MH and I never had a crazy sex life and I was usually the starter so I’m not worried. It’ll happen when we are both ready. I was advised to have lots of lube for the first time. 

@keebler6elf  how big us Arya? LO is 8#2oz and we are still in newborns. 

since I’m on mobile I have a harder time with checkins and responding to people but I’m still here! 

5weeks today!

Boy

nothing until 2months 

we are good. We went to the drs yesterday because the belly button popped out a bit. They put  Silver nitrate (I think) on it to heal and dry out faster. Sleeping is still going well and still in the 5th percentile but following the growth trend right on the graph so that’s good. 

Just so happy. I love everything about being a mom and watching MH being a dad. 

I love milkshakes! 

Edit to add:
    @nolemomma14 so glad to hear this is your easiest recovery. I hope you can enjoy your quiet home. 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales
    I'm off for 7 months, going back Feb. 1.
  • Options
    @blackhottamales Arya was just over 9 lbs at her last weigh-in (this past Tuesday). She's also a long baby, but I haven't been keeping track of her growth as much as her weight gain.
  • Options
    Oops, I started to answer a couple days ago, then got distracted by the baby, then forgot to finish!

Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 7w+1d

Team: girl

Upcoming Appointments: two-month appointment in a couple of weeks

How are you/baby doing?: tired and hungry, respectively. She's doing a lot better since I gave up dairy last week. Bummer for me, but it's good for her and I can handle it!

Rants/Raves:  I'm too tired to rant or rave. We had a busy day yesterday and am thankful Helena handled it all well. I'm starting to realize how fun it is that we have friends with babies (all older than H, but she'll get there).

Questions: why is my baby so gassy. Omg. 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat? Watermelon, peaches, and corn. I'll be honest: ice cream is a year-round treat for me!
  • Options
    I’m so bad about doing these. And I’ll probably be worse now that baby is here. I lurk, just never fill them out or reply. Sorry y’all.

Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 9 days old!

Team: baby boy!

Upcoming Appointments: pediatrician tomorrow and Monday and my cesarean follow up with my OB on Monday also. 

How are you/baby doing?: baby weighed 4 oz above birthweight and already grew an inch since birth! I feel mostly healed but sore still from the cesarean but life goes on and i’m doing this alone so it’s hard to slow down. Doing the best I can to be mindful that I just had major surgery.

Rants/Raves:  
    I was walking with baby from the bus stop yesterday when a car driven by a teen on his cell phone almost hit me holding my baby in his car seat coming out of a parking lot. The car then turns around and proceeds to honk at me where I am across the street like what they did was ok or cute.
    Questions: 
    none but @Cbeanz I’m here! Just really figuring out new mommy routine.

Right now- water lol. I love these frozen mango con Chile treats you can get at circle k or any swap meet and most Mexican places in AZ. 
  • Options
    leylea89 said:
    I love these frozen mango con Chile treats you can get at circle k or any swap meet and most Mexican places in AZ. 
    I'm going to need to hear more about these. Like a slushie? Or frozen fruit with chili powder? Can you post a pic?
  • Options
    This is the simple version and it can be either a dlushie or shaved ice type of treat 
  • Options
    geoduck21geoduck21 member
    edited August 2019
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 
    2 weeks today!

Team:
    It's a girl! (We were team green.)

Upcoming Appointments: 
    C/s incision re-check tomorrow, since it's still open in one spot :(

How are you/baby doing?: 
    Pretty well. She's gaining great, her latch has improved. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with never having a vaginal birth, and the incision isn't healing as expected, but otherwise doing well.

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

Probably iced coffee? Really good ice cream is great, too.
  • Options
    Inside/Outside Baby Weeks + Days: 5 Weeks & 2 Days 

Team: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: He's 1st shots appointment & my postnatal check-up

How are you/baby doing?: We are doing okay. I recently found that using a swaddle blanket helps him sleep better and he loves to eat. He's gaining weight and growing taller. He loves sticking his tongue out, he's starting to make coo noises which is so adorable, and he's learning to smile! He doesnt like to be burped at all! As for me, I'm getting the hang of motherhood. However, there are some days that are hard and emotional. I have a history of depression and anxiety so I have my episodes. BUT this is the best blessing, miracle, joy, and gift I could ever have in my life. I wake up with a smile on my face and go to bed with love in my heart all because of my son. 

Rants/Raves: It is hard to find a good formula for my baby to digest. Every formula I've given under ped's recommendation causes fussiness & gas pains where he strains & grunts all day & night to fart & poo. He seems so uncomfortable & cries a little sometimes while he's straining to get something out. We've tried Similac Advance, Similac Sensitive, regular Enfamil, & Engamil Gentleease which is what he's currently on. I'm thinking of trying Isomil but I wish I could have other mommies' experience with this just so I can be a little informed and have a little reassurance. We only have 1 hospital & the ped's office does not offer samples like the States do (I live on an island) and we are currently a one income house so buying formulas only to find out it doesnt sit well with my baby is just not something we can continue doing. I supplement with formula so people can babysit him when I have to run errands and we wont have trouble switching when I go back to work 😔 I'm really at a loss and losing hope that a formula that is right for him exists. 

Questions: How long did it take for you to find the right formula for your baby? Did he strain and grunt all night & day as he kept drinking it or did he remain calm and easily fart and poo without straining?

GTKY: What is your favorite summer treat? Right now, it is Melona icecream the melon flavor