February 2020 Moms

Milestone Thread: Second Trimester

NOW ENTERING SECOND TRIMESTER

Who's in second tri? How's it going? Expectations vs reality?

Re: Milestone Thread: Second Trimester

• Loading the player...
  • 15 weeks here and the nausea has mostly gone away. The exhaustion is killing me though. Around 3-4:00 I hit a wall and become almost narcoleptic. I’ve been trying to nap on those wonderful occasions where both boys nap at the same time. The big kid has also gotten a good bit of screen time so I can lay next to him and sleep during little brothers nap if they both won’t go down. 
    I think I’ve felt the baby a few times this past week but I’ve also had a good bit of gas pain so 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited August 2019
    @craftywitch You and I can glow and nest in the corner together until the others catch up. 😂
  • 15 weeks here and I am less nauseated but I still throw up every morning. I have more energy but I get winded and tired so quickly from like any physical activity, especially if it’s hot. I look like I’ve gained 10 lbs but the scale says I have gained only 1.5 so that’s weird for me but cool. Just waiting to feel happy this pregnancy like I did with my last one. My last one I always felt great and I flowed and I was so happy all the time. This time I’m grumpy and sad and sleepy and ugh
  • kiwi2628 said:
    15 weeks here and I am less nauseated but I still throw up every morning. I have more energy but I get winded and tired so quickly from like any physical activity, especially if it’s hot. I look like I’ve gained 10 lbs but the scale says I have gained only 1.5 so that’s weird for me but cool. Just waiting to feel happy this pregnancy like I did with my last one. My last one I always felt great and I flowed and I was so happy all the time. This time I’m grumpy and sad and sleepy and ugh
    Also looking like I’ve gained 10lbs but the scale is only showing 2. And I second the grumpiness....I feel like I’m constantly irritable. And my mood swings are terrible! Sorry hubby :(
  • 15w3d here. Finally getting more energy, but it is hit and miss. Most days it is there but then some I am back to square one and am just pooped. Have had a few flutters that I feel like might be baby, but it is still early so I am not sure. Luckily so far, I have lost 5lbs and not gained (I am a little overweight for this pregnancy, so it is a good thing for me). Really wishing that baby bump would appear and can't wait. I think I "popped" around 18 weeks or so last time, so I am hoping that is the case this time around also because I am still wearing all my normal clothes and don't look pregnant at all. 
  • @leksiL my uterus is up to my belly button in the morning when my bladder is full! But once I pee it goes back down. Honestly though I think it’s about one inch below my belly button right now normally. I also have a short torso since I’m quite petite 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @bg122785 I am with you - my energy is hit and miss too. Super tired today. Also I’m still battling the bloat. I started using the belly band today because I’m too bloated for my regular jeans. I ordered some side panel ones and I can’t wait for them to arrive. Really looking forward to this belly turning from bloat to bump! 
  • Also are y’all still having to pee a ton? I heard this would lesson in the second trimester but mine seems to be getting worse. 
  • @nhh11 Peeing ALL OF THE TIME! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @nhh11 Peeing ALL OF THE TIME! 
    Ugh! I know. I just went 3 times on a 3 hour flight. I normally wouldn’t go at all. And when I do go, I don’t even pee that much!
  • @nhh11 and @brookert615 Could your babies be sitting on your bladders? I was telling my doctor about still having to pee quite a bit at my last appointment. When she checked the heartbeat, it turns out baby is sitting right on top of mine. I have since figured out how to tell when it is more nestled in depending on how often and how much I pee at any given point of the day. 😂
  • @mandk1233 I wonder?? I will ask at my appointment on Monday! 
  • @mandk1233 Oh maybe! I'll tell my doctor tomorrow at the appointment! 

@TennisLove30 Awe glad you heard the heartbeat! Awesome your nausea has pretty much subsided! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • 14 weeks and 2 days and I’m ready for baby movements!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Nausea is gone but I feel tired all the time. I have to nap on the weekends now. I wasn't this tired before.
    I am also constantly thirsty. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @babyroma My OB says that the second trimester starts week 12. 🤷‍♀️
  • @rikiteacup I’m riding that thirst train, too. It’s strange though... I’m typically a room temp kinda gal, but as soon as the second trimester hit, I prefer it cold. It was the same way with my first pregnancy. 
  • Glad to finally be in the 2nd trimester. 14w + 3d. My first trimester nausea isn't totally gone but it is so so so much more manageable and I am not as tired. But definitely still need to go to bed early. I have an almost 3 year old and watch my friends 2.5 year old so I am constantly on the go so I am not surprised by the lack of energy. I am thirsty ALL the time, like waking up in the middle of the night to pee and have cotton mouth bc I need water so badly. Oh and peeing ALL THE DARN TIME. It's only gotten worse. I will go to the bathroom leave the bathroom only to turn around 2 seconds later.. my first pregnancy was like this too. I have a close friend who I am convinced is a camel because during all of her pregnancies she never had to pee this much and she just thinks I am exaggerating LOL