Group 1 (3/1 - 3/8) Check In w/o 8/26

EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music?

Re: Group 1 (3/1 - 3/8) Check In w/o 8/26

• EDD/W+D: 3/7 12+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: findingout!

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon or toy soldier which are totally different sizes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Upcoming appts: Thurs I have my NT scan  and my 12 week with my OB on the same day. Going to ask about Harmony testing then.

How are you feeling?: so. Much. Better!!! I swear the day I turned 12 weeks things got much better. May even stop taking Unisom tonight.

Rants/Raves: Rant- I go back to work in a week which makes me sad to not be home with DD, but I’m lucky I even get the summer! Rave- I feel better just in time to return to work.

Questions: don’t think so

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? Country! And DH hates it! 😂
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • EDD/W+D: March 8/12+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Hardboiled egg? 

Upcoming appts: Sept 20. Had two today. 

How are you feeling?: Still nauseated and tired, but I think the tiredness is sometimes worse than the nausea, which is new. Also grumpy, which is not my usual MO. 

Rants/Raves: Had a wonderful NT scan this morning and got to see baby wiggle and wave and heard a lovely, reassuring heartbeat. My husband got to experience too, which was awesome. Also found out my OB is due the same day! And we were wearing matching earrings and shoes. Weird coincidence.

Questions: Not today 🙃

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I listen to everything, but will always, always, always love David Bowie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: March 7/ 12 + 3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: definitely finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a rubik’s cube

Upcoming appts: 9/16 

How are you feeling?: TERRIBLE STILL. Praying I stop throwing up soon... can’t handle it anymore. 

Rants/Raves: haven’t seen by husband since I found out I’m pregnant (he’s on a detachment) ... time for him to come home! 

i like basically everything but my all time favorite is DMB 
  • @vrstrawn I hope you start feeling better soon!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20

• EDD/W+D: 7th March, 12+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out in 2 weeks time

Baby is the size of a(n): macaroon 

Upcoming appts: Was supposed to get Harmony results today, but the lab didn’t send them as promised. So we had an US instead. So amazing to see little one - it has changed so much in two weeks and everything looks great. So now I get Harmony results tomorrow, if ok just s call, if not then I need to go into the OB to discuss - which is not good as DH is away from this evening... Next week is our NT and detailed 12 week scan

How are you feeling?: So freaking terrified of these Harmony results. Otherwise nausea is slowing reducing, dizzy spells are increasing, belly is slowly growing (smaller in the morning, huge in the evening)

Rants/Raves: Well not getting my Harmony results? And DH being away for the next days. They would both be rants. Raves is that it was so amazing to see how excited and enthralled DH is at each US, also talking to my belly each evening.

Questions: Seatbelts - how do you wear them once your uterus has moved from your pelvis to your abdomen?

GTKY: What is your favorite type of music? I love so many genres of music. But if I need something feel good then it’s some good old cheesy 80s rock music for me. Love singing along in the car at the top of my voice!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• EDD/W+D: March 3/ 13 weeks today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Should know this weekend 🤞🏽

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon and daisy... 

Upcoming appts: OB check in 9/6

How are you feeling?: Mostly good! Sometimes after 4pm the headaches and fatigue will set in. Other than that all good. 

Rants/Raves: We had our NT scan yesterday and baby looks healthy!! We did NIPT and should have results by this weekend but I am less worried about that. Here is my rant and rave. I had an emergency US at 10 weeks due to very mild bleeding (mostly, I was just anxious and really wanted to see my baby). I went to a radiologist outside of my normal practice and they scared me to death by telling me the baby’s brain wasn’t developing properly but it could be “too soon to tell”. Of course I freaked out and my OB had to talk me off a cliff. My OB highly recommended the NT scan just so they could follow up. And behold... baby is looking great. I can’t believe a practice would be so irresponsible to try and diagnose me with a fatal pregnancy when it was way too early. Thank God my OB double checked, although I had to wait two weeks. Worst two weeks of my life! 

Questions: where do you even begin with a baby registry? I’m already overwhelmed lol
  • @slimjoco, yikes, but so glad you had a good NT screening outcome! Can’t imagine that emotional rollercoaster. 

As for registries, I’m a FTM, but I’m a bit of a research nut, and this is what I pulled together from ~10 sources (online and friends) as must haves. I’m also a minimalist, so I’ve left off a lot of things you might see on other lists. But, as for “must haves”:

Stroller: should fit your lifestyle. Can get a travel system, but a lot of them come with adapters for most popular infant car seat attachments. Can’t use with a newborn unless you have an infant car seat or bassinet attachment. But you can also skip using until baby is a little bigger too. 

Car Seat: lots of options, but should be safe and either fit in your stroller, come with an extra base to move between cars, or be easy to buckle into lots of vehicles (if you use other cars or lyft a lot, for example). Infant options usually good for most of the first year, but the convertible options can often be used from newborn to toddler+. If you skip the stroller until they’re bigger (babywearing), or use a stroller bassinet, you could get away with owning one car seat for years. 

Crib/Bassinet: sounds like most people keep baby close by in bassinet for first six months or so. Best friend swears by Snoo (with big discount). I’ve been down a weird rabbit hole and am almost convinced I can get away with a nice travel crib + bassinet attachment alone (we travel a lot), but we’ll see. Lots of opinions on sleepsacks, but most are for them. 

Wrap: lots of options, but it sounds very baby dependent. The thread on this was good — two friends recommended the Lillebaby 6-in-1, especially if you want to split wearing duties with partner. 

Changing: skip the changing table and get a long dresser to put a pad on. My best friend swears by the keekaroo, but it’s $$$. Or get something you can keep clean. And a portable changing pad is amazing. Wet wipes, baby aquaphor or Egyptian magic, Boudreaux butt paste (for rashes). 

Clothes: onesies, with zippers vs snaps. 6-8; mix of newborn and 0-3 sizes. 4-6 muslin receiving blankets (Aden + Anais were recommended) for shade, cover, swaddle, burping, etc). Gerber cloth diapers for burp clothes/clean up. 2-4 hats. 4-7 zippered pjs with booties. 2 sweaters. 2-3 long sleeve tees. 1 set of mittens (or be diligent about clipping nails). Pack or two of bandana bibs. Jacket or car cover if you live somewhere cold in March. Wash in baby detergent (after making sure you’re not returning!)

Cleaning: can probably use most of the towels and wash clothes you already have; pick up some shampoo and conditions (California baby was popular choice). Puj bath tub was recommended a couple times. 

Feeding: obviously depends on if you’re going to breastfeed, but a comfy chair is clutch. Many insurance companies cover pumps, and there are lots of bottles and storage kits out there (although friend recommends comotomo). Start with just a couple to get a sense of what baby will take.  

Diapers: long debates about cloth vs disposable, but expect to go through about ~140 changes in two weeks. 

For mom: Medline washable underpads, earth mama bottom spray + balm, nursing bras, nursing cream (motherlove, earth mama, or coconut oil), bamboobies nursing pads, soothie gel pads, snacks + water bottle you can use one handed, and an extra long phone charger.

Extras: the Fridababy basics kit looks great (thermometer, nail clippers, hairbrush), a Boppy for nursing/docking baby somewhere safe, and maybe a tub for baths.

Skipping (for now) but might want: baby monitor, bouncer, high chair (ikea or inglesina fast table look promising)

Okay, that’s it! 😅😅
  • EDD/W+D: March 1/ 13w+2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out...later than I expected I would, see rant

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appts: 9/5 with regular OB

How are you feeling?: BIG, I usually go through a period of feeling stretched as large as I can get, then adjust and forget I'm even getting bigger. In a period of stretched to the max feeling, and only 13 weeks, but I know it will subside. And is this insomnia some cruel body and mind conditioning treatment for the newborn stage??

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: NT scan looked great, baby is looking full blown baby!! 
    Rant: The NIPT was more complicated than I thought it would be. My insurance fully denied it, so the out of pocket price wouldn't even hit my deductible. With the NT scan looking good, I'm now really torn on whether to proceed with processing the blood. Especially since they waited until I was 12+4 to draw the test anyway.

Questions: 
    Can't think of anything!!

I too am all over the place. I feel old but since CDs went by the wayside, I never got into Spotify or even Pandora really since I can never think of what I want to listen to. So really relegated to mainstream, whatever the radio is playing, which I'm not picky so I don't mind. Cranking Billie Eilish when she comes on, Taylor Swift, many groups I don't even know the name of. Love The Black Keys, Kings of Leon.

@laurenm2123 What kind of Country? My husband is loyal to the older stuff, but also newer Chris Stapleton (if he classifies, I don't even know), which I am all about

@pdx2020 Glad your NT looked good!! My baby was doing some full body jerky movements, I thought s/he had the hiccups, but the tech said it was normal movement. I've never had an Ultrasound at this stage, always the early one and then not again until around 20 weeks, so neat to see.

@vrstrawn I hope you start to feel better soon!! So hard to go through without your husband too, I'm so sorry :(

@emmasemm Ahh I hope your dizziness goes the other direction soon. It's weird how much I don't remember, but I think I just wore it lower? Whatever was still comfortable but secure feeling. 

@slimjoco What the Capital F with them saying that so maybe/maybe not??!!! I am so sorry you had to go through that and glad that things are looking good!! Ugh not much advice on the registry, I had a hard time on mine. I tried to keep anything that would be reusable gender neutral and that worked out as I had a girl, then a boy. Put everything on for the completion discounts even if you don't expect someone to buy you a glider, crib, etc. And you may be surprised at what people might go in on as a group! I also had a lot of people shop off of the registry, so ended up with a lot of random stuff. This being my third, I am going to try and keep blinders on as long as possible to all of the goodies. I know eventually I'll cave...there's so many new and improved things popping up every year!!