Pregnant after IF

1st/2nd trimester check in week of Aug 26

Happy Monday! 

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall?

Calling!!

@PoeMasqueEDD 2/8

@emmasemm EDD 3/7

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5 (boy)

@Tulips29 EDD 1/11 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/10

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

@caitiemae EDD 1/30

@akak23 EDD 3/27

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 3/25

Let me know if I forgot anyone! Pregnancy brain is already in full swing :(

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st/2nd trimester check in week of Aug 26

• Thanks @PoeMasque

How far along/EDD? 12+3, 7th March How are you feeling this week? The anxiety is, well it’s not anxiety it’s pure terror and fear. I’ve never known anything like it. Nausea is for shorter periods, dizziness happens a few times a day, aversions and cravings are strong. DH is laughing daily at the foods I eat at the same time, which alone are not weird but together are pretty odd. My belly in the morning is noticeable naked but not under clothes. By the end of the day it’s impossible to hide. Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - Went this morning for the appointment to get our Harmony results... and the results weren’t there. Yesterday the lab had promised they would be - but they weren’t. They have now promised by end of business today - and my OB will now call me early tomorrow morning with the results, if they’re ok easy, if not then I will go in and she will talk through options for what’s  next. This is exactly what we wanted to avoid - as DH is now away until Friday, so if the news is bad we are not together to deal with it - and I will have to relay what the OB says to him, rather than him hearing directly... ahhh... Rave - My OB was really great and spent 15 minutes doing an US so we could of course check the heartbeat, but also see how little one has developed in the last two weeks. It was amazing to zoom in on the head (no big black spots), see it opening and closing its mouth, suck it’s thumb, wave it’s arms, grasp it’s hands together. Also abdomen looked normal, length of arms and legs all ok, ten fingers and toes, it was kicking its legs around like crazy too. My placenta is currently covering my cervix completely - but it’s still early days so plenty of time for it to move up. Question - seatbelts. How do you wear them once your uterus has come out of your pelvis and into your abdomen? The lap belt part sits right between my belly button and my pubic bone, so right where my uterus is right now.Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow Harmony results, NT scan next WednesdayGTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? We have our annual birthday party last weekend in September, then my parents are coming to visit the following week and we are taking a week vacation end of October. So I guess I will be doing our Halloween decorations already last Saturday in September! Hoping I will make a good mini pumpkin by Halloween as will be almost 22 weeks by then! Really hoping for a few nice autumn evenings on our terrace - if it ever gets finished! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Thanks for starting the thread @PoeMasque!

@emmasemm I'm sorry that your harmony results weren't available as promised. Hopefully you get the god news today! Sounds like your ultrasound went well, and you were able to see so many details, which is amazing! As for the seatbelt, I tuck the lap belt right under my belly. What I hate about seat belts at this point is that the cross-body part rides up on me up to my neck and I constantly have to fix it and move it down while I drive. It's annoying. 

AFM:
    • How far along/EDD? 20w3d (I can't believe I'm halfway there!)
    • How are you feeling this week? Sick (which is also my rant for the week)...my son's virus got passed around the house and my husband got sick after him and now it's my turn. It's been an exhausting 2 weeks. Being sick while pregnant is the worst, I can't really take anything except Tylenol, which isn't really helping me much, so I just have to ride this out and wait for it to go away. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Aside from being sick, I'm also feeling lots of belly aches, pulls and pressure. Nothing too painful, but this round ligament pain is not very pleasant. Question - any good recommendations for maternity leggings that are comfy, go over the belly and are not see through? I got a pair from ASOS last week and they are ok. I'd love to stock up on more for the fall/winter if there are better ones out there. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan tomorrow - so excited but anxious too. Waiting an entire month to see the baby on screen is soo long! I hope all is a-ok in there.
    • GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? I love fall, it's my favorite season! I'm not typically a fan of Halloween, but I love kids in cute Halloween outfits and I'm looking forward to dressing up my son and going to Halloween event or trick or treating with him. For me, dressing in the fall is so much easier, especially when pregnant - leggings, long tunics or t-shirt, long cardigans and boots. I haven't gone shopping in a while and recently picked up a pair of cute and comfy booties for fall I'm excited about. Also, I'm just excited to wear my hair down without all the frizz from humidity! Lastly, we love going apple and pumpkin picking at a local farm. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  •  @emmasemm The seatbelt will kind of naturally roll to where it needs to be once your belly gets bigger. I’m large and in charge at this point and haven’t given it a second thought.

@Tulips29 Ugh sorry you’re sick! I’m waiting for us to be hit with strep and croup. Ds went back to school and he’s usually got something by mid September that hits me as well. A Glow maternity leggings from Kohl’s are decent but I’m still searching for that perfect pair too. Let me know if you find some!
    • How far along/EDD? 25w5d 12/5
    • How are you feeling this week? I’ve started leaking pee after I’ve gone to the toilet so that’s not the greatest. As usual my hips and feet hurt but other than that I’m chugging along. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? It was 70 degrees Saturday so I put out my fall decor and burned a fall candle. It made my heart happy!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Thursday for glucose screening.
    • GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? Oversized sweaters, leggings, pumpkin patches! So many things, fall is my favorite time of year. I’m also craving a caramel apple so the sooner I get one the better.
  • @emmasemm - ugh, that really sucks about not getting the results on time as promised! Hoping that all is good and that the delay is just a little hiccup along the way! I’m assuming at least some of your anxiety has to do with the waiting and delay, but hope anything else that may be causing it or adding to your stress just eases down a bit. That sounds like an amazing ultrasound! I’m so looking forward to seeing more at my next appointment next week; the only time I’ve seen my LO was at 6 weeks and there wasn’t much to really see lol. Glad you asked about the seatbelt - I was wondering that myself. Also, where are you going on vacation at the end of October?

@Tulips29 - ah, that sucks about getting sick! I hope you start feeling better real soon! Yeah, I’ve been taking Tylenol when having a bad headache and it just doesn’t seem to do much. I haven’t started maternity clothes shopping yet as I still don’t look any different, but I’m also eager to hear people’s recommendations for maternity leggings; I keep hearing that they’re a must when pregnant. Good luck at your US appointment - hope everything looks great! And, I know it’s still early, but ideas on Halloween costumes for your son yet? 
    • How far along/EDD? 11w6d  3/10
    • How are you feeling this week? Nausea is getting a little bit better. Maybe. I really thought I would be almost over it by now, but now I’m worrying that I’m going to continue feeling this way into the second trimester. I remember I used to think to myself before getting pregnant that I wouldn’t ever complain about morning sickness, but it’s hard to not want it to just go away. I just keep trying to remind myself that I would probably be worrying more if I didn’t have any symptoms. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Went on a little shopping trip with my sister and mom over the weekend and have a long weekend coming up (not sure if you get the same long weekend in the States), so I’ve had some little pleasant things to enjoy and look forward to lately. I’m just so, so excited, impatient, and anxious for my first OB appointment next week. I’m hoping I’ll feel more confident that this pregnancy is going to happen once I’m out of the first trimester. And I’m so eager to start telling family and friends and coworkers. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Sept 5th for first OB appointment. 
    • GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? It actually doesn’t really feel like summer anymore here and we’ve been having some pretty rainy weather lately. I’m looking forward to long walks in parks with the fall colours and just getting into sweater weather and tunics (I love dressing for fall). I love summer, but this year I’ve just wanted it to fly by as autumn has signified the end of the first trimester for me, so just excited to start a new chapter with a new season. 
  • @k_mama91 those school germs are the worst! We made it through 3 weeks of daycare before our first virus and it got us pretty bad. As for leggings, 3 years ago I got some great ones at old navy. They were cheap and lasted me the whole pregnancy and even had some nice thick ones. I went to look for them again recently and was told they don't sell them in stores anymore. I hate ordering them online since I can't see the quality, but given old navy is having 40% off online now, I will order a few pairs and see if I can find the same ones I had before. Also, good luck with the glucose test on Thursday and I hope you pass with flying colors! 

@sincethelastday maternity leggings are truly the best thing ever! I wish I could wear them every day...and now with fall around the corner I will pretty much live in them until the end :). And we got a spiderman costume from my friend's son, so we'll see how mine feels about it. These days he wants to be thomas the train all day every day, and he's pretty opinionated about what he doesn't want to wear lol. So unlike the first 2 Halloweens where he didn't object to any of the costumes we had for him. And glad to hear your nausea is getting better. You're almost into the 2nd tri! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 Sorry you're sick. I was sick all last week and I was so mad to have to deal with being sick this early in pregnancy and before the fall/winter even when I know I'm guaranteed to get sick at least 2 more times if not more lol. What I'm most paranoid about though is the stomach bug. I caught it last fall from my LO and I was the sickest I ever remember feeling in my life. If I have to deal with that while pregnant I don't know what I'll do.

How far along/EDD? 8w3d, April 4th
    How are you feeling this week? Although today isn't so bad, the nausea has been awful this week. And I'm still so tired. I feel like I'm fighting just to make it through every day.
    Rants/Raves? Questions? There was some miscommunication at my OB. When I called last week to schedule my first appt I was told that the MFM office would be calling me to schedule an ultrasound prior to my appointment. When I never received a call I followed up today and apparently once they received my records from my fertility clinic they decided that I wouldn't be getting another ultrasound, but failed to tell me that. So I'm just going to my first OB appointment and I guess I won't get another ultrasound until 20 weeks. This is SO not at all how they did things with my last pregnancy. I had an ultrasound at my first visit, and again at 11/12 weeks, and then 20 weeks. So I guess they've changed their practices? I was really upset about this all morning but now I'm deciding to just go with it. I suppose the fewer appointments I have to deal with right now the better especially since I'm high risk and will have a LOT of appointments when I'm further along.
    Any upcoming appointments? First OB appointment on 9/4. At least I'll get to hear the heartbeat on the doppler for the first time at this appointment.
    GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? Being out of the first trimester. I love fall weather and fall clothing. It used to be my favorite time of year until I had a kid and started getting sick in the fall, lol.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @Tulips29 Ive heard great things about Old Navys maternity clothes but I’m nervous about ordering clothes online especially with this different body shape. For 40% off I may have to try them!
  • @k_mama91 - I think we posted at the same time as I didn’t see your post until now. Good luck at your glucose screening appointment and hope you get some relief from the soreness at times. Also, caramel apples 😋. Even with the nausea, every time someone mentions food on here I get a hankering for it (especially if it’s a sweet). 

@Tulips29 - hope your son likes the costume. I’m so looking forward to picking out Halloween costumes, even if it doesn’t last long before he/she picks out what they want lol. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - man, it would have been nice for your OB’s clinic to give you the heads-up instead of you hunting down the answer yourself. Hope the waiting doesn’t feel too long before that next US. Sorry to hear about the nausea - it just sucks! Hope you start getting some relief from it soon. 
  • @emmasemm I’m so sorry things aren’t going as planned. Those early hormones are hard enough without unexpected delays! 

@Tulips29 ugh, the kiddo illness circle. It’s the worst! Everyone tells me it gets better.....

@k_mama91 did the leaking happen with your last pregnancy? I’m finding that if I sit for a few minutes after I think I’m done peeing, I go a little more. I’m hoping it doesn’t turn into leaking as the pressure builds. 

@sincethelastday good luck at your first OB appointment! 

@wifeinraleigh28 I had the same thing happen this time too with ultrasounds. I think the first time no one “caught” that I’d had a scan with the RE already, this time they called it out and we had to wait 5 weeks for our NT scan to see baby again. Torture! 

How far along/EDD?16+3, 2/8

How are you feeling this week?Fat and sweaty. My weight gain went from 5lbs to 12lbs in less than 2 weeks (bah!) and with temps in the 90s-100 I’ve been a gross, sweaty crotch and boob mess! I’m also apparently trying to grow a beard, which has all definitely taken my “2nd tri boost” and just plunged it in the toilet haha. It probably doesn’t help that all I want to lately is Cinnamon Toast Crunch and root beer - two things I haven’t had since my early 20s. 

Rants/Raves? Questions?I guess my rant was above. I had my second OB appointment and he agreed to do a quick scan to see if he could see gender. Initially he said “looks like a girl”, but then baby crossed its legs, so he said he couldn’t really be sure without a better look. So now my hopes are up for a girl, but we wait another 3 weeks for the anatomy scan to find out for sure. The wait is going to kill me!

Any upcoming appointments?Anatomy scan on 9/19

GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? I love everything fall! The food, the clothes, the holidays, the smell in the air, but I’m really looking forward to cooler weather so I can try to do some running outside before I’m too big. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    • How far along/EDD? 12w2d, 3/10
    • How are you feeling this week? Overall not bad. We had our first Ob appt. yesterday but they thought it was for pregnancy confirmation 🙄 so gotta go back in 2 week for the full check up. My sister just got to the 3rd trimester so she lended me her doppler. It was a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty cool.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 8 vials of blood! lol I could only handle 3 yesterday but they said they could split it up lol. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 9/11 which will be around 14 weeks
    • GTKY: I know it probably doesn’t feel like it for a lot of us, but fall is coming, what are you most looking forward to this fall? Everything except the cold weather. I like when it starts to cool but I absolutely hate the cold. But I love Halloween, fuzzy boots, football (and squash!). We are going to visit friends in FL then go to the beach during Halloween but my friend has these awesome Halloween parties and we are definitely excite to go. :) 
  • @sincethelastday Thank you! And I’m with you on the sweets, all I’ve wanted this pregnancy is sweet food. 

@PoeMasque I did not! Last time I read to sit and slightly rock forwards and backwards to fully empty the bladder, I guess to avoid uti and bladder infections, so I’ve been conscious to do that. This issue is full on leaking. By the time I get my hands washed and out of the bathroom I feel where I’ve leaked. It’s horrible, gross, and makes me want to cry thinking this could be a permanent problem.

@love112314 I LOVE squash!! 

@emmasemm I hope they were able to call you with your NIPT results yesterday. Update us when you can!
  • @k_mama91 talk to your OB about the issue. They can refer you to someone to help with your pelvic floor.
  • @k_mama91 i would get a referral for a PT that specializes in pelvic floor disorders. You’ll likely need to see them during and after pregnancy to work on those muscles. I saw one last time and felt like they actually did a lot more to care for MY body than my OB did - plus massages every week were nice ;) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emmasemm Such wonderful news!! (: I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long. 
  • @emmasemm - congrats on great results!! What a relief that must be!!
  • Hello all!

Sorry I’ve yet again been MIA for the last 2 weeks. I have been reading your messages on and off but I admit that now the group is bigger if I don’t get in quick at the beginning of the week I find the prospect of replying to everyone all in one go a bit overwhelming! Still, I’ll give it a go: 

@emmasemm You must have had your results by now? Really hope they were good. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to be told they weren’t there and then not be together when you got them (even if they were good). Glad you had such a great US experience though - I’m envious, having felt a bit cheated by my 12w one!

@Tulips29 Hope you are feeling better by now - can’t imagine what it must be like being pregnant, ill AND having a child to look after...

@k_mama91 Sorry to hear about the leakage problems - I’m a bit worried I’m having a similar problem already and I’m way behind you! Trying to do kegels but haven’t been very consistent so far. 

@sincethelastday Sorry to hear you’re still battling with the nausea. Don’t despair just yet - although it often does lessen at the end of the first trimester (and did for me), I still didn’t feel that my relationship with food was really ‘normal’ until a couple of weeks into the second trimester. Keep hanging in there, it’s really not long now!

@wifeinraleigh28 sorry about your US, that sounds very frustrating for you and very poor communication from them. Glad you can see a positive side though re fewer appointments.

@PoeMasque we don’t have working scales at home so can’t weigh myself, but I feel as if I must have put on a lot of weight recently too! 

@love112314 sorry about all those vials! Glad they didn’t make you do them all in one go..
    • How far along/EDD? 16w+3
    • How are you feeling this week?
    Not too bad in general but a bit frustrated that I’m so tired in the evenings still - there’s so much stuff I’d like to get done in the house (having done practically nothing for months). I often feel quite optimistic about doing things early afternoon but by the time I get home after work and have a snack, I tend to vegetate on the sofa until it's time for dinner, and then the evening's a write-off... :-/ 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?
    Not sure if it's a rant or a rave but the bump seems to have grown a lot the last couple of weeks (good) and suddenly I can't fit into any of my clothes! (not so good) It's been heatwave temperatures again here and I didn't think I would need real maternity summer wear, but at over 30 degrees (C sorry don't know Fahrenheit!) I'm really struggling to find things that are bearable to wear.. The problem is I wear a lot of skinny jeans and close-fitting tops so I've got practically nothing baggy. I've told people at work in the hospital where I'm part-time, but for my self-employed practice I've just taken over from someone else in a nursing home, so I'm completely new there. I'm trying to hide the pregnancy for as long as I can but not sure how long that will be!

Btw when you all talk about maternity leggings do you mean tights as well? I'll definitely be needing tights, don't tend to wear what I think of as leggings (like tights but they stop at the ankle) in the autumn/winter as I find it too cold.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Meeting OB on 5 Sept, no date for 2nd trimester scan yet but the local clinic reassured me that shouldn't be a problem to schedule when we go next week. 
    • GTKY: I'm still slightly mourning the end of the summer and the fact that we didn't have a real summer holiday this year, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the autumn colours and slightly less roasting temperatures. Hopefully we'll get to do some nice walks on the weekends...
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited September 2019
    Hey everyone! Glad to hear about all these beautiful babies out there! Congratulations and best wishes as we move forward through our pregnancies. 
    • How far along/EDD? 18w today...02/02/2020 (it's a girl!)
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling great! Some aches and pains around the growing belly. But all in all, seems to be smooth sailing here.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves! Feeling her kick! She is really starting to move around in there! DH can't feel her yet but probably won't be long now! Questions - Our OB doesn't do ultrasounds at their office...is this normal? Anyone else have that experience? No rants at the moment...all is well in our world!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 3d ultrasound on Thursday. OB requested 3d because of IVF. OB appointment past Thursday and heard the heartbeat through fetal doppler.
    • GTKY: Looking forward to the fall campfires and smells of cool, crisp nights. And better sleeping weather! So hard to sleep in the heat and then the air conditioning lacks that fresh air moving through the house. Glad it's open window weather. 
  • @jolo1241 My OB apparently doesn’t do ultrasounds in their office anymore. They did with my last pregnancy so they must have changed things. All ultrasounds are at MFM now.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @jolo1241
    Depends on your OB. My sister goes to a different OB than me (in the same town) and she had to get all of her scans at the imaging center. My OB did all of the scans in his office - including 3d scans. It's usually listed as a separate appointment though -- if you're getting a scan, you'll wait in the waiting room to get the scan and then wait in the waiting room AGAIN for your actual appointment where the OB reviews the scan and does anything else that needs to be done for that appointment. Basically OB appointments take up the whole half of the day XD
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Thanks for the info! Ours is at MFM. It's in the next city south of us. Our OB appointments have been short and sweet. I wonder if MFM goes over the 3d ultrasound with us or if we have to wait for our next OB appointment, which is in three weeks. It's tough going from the RE to the OB. We got some much attention at the RE, constant scans, bloodwork, appointments, etc. 
  • @jolo1241 my OB also doesn't do ultrasounds or bloodwork. Everything is done by the MFM. I stick with that OB as he delivers and I had a great experience with him first time around but the downside is double the appointments. It will get especially tough further along when the appointments go from once a month to once every 2 weeks and then every week.

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...