February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms (8/26-9/1)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/26-9/1)

• @babyroma That is awful! But in all honestly I thought you were related to my BIL and SIL because they are the SAME way. It's actually super sad some of the crap that has happened but it's the same exact situation and they joke about it. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyroma Let it out! They sound crappy!
  • @brookert615 it kills me!!! I think the worst was the first puppy they got they had put down when she was a year old because she had ONE seizure. We had a dog who lived to be 9 or 10 and he lived with epilepsy. We were so flabbergasted and frankly appalled! 
  • @craftywitch They're the worst. I hate saying that about my brother but he doesnt do himself any favors! I'm not fond of his wife and haven't been since day 1. She's made him this person I dont even recognize!
  • @babyroma that is infuriating!! And heartbreaking for those poor animals! Also idk how the kids don't get super attached & freak when they give the pet up? Such a poor example for them too. I don't blame you for being irked.

My weekly random...
    I absolutely LOVE fall, but I'm totally not ready for summer to be over already. The weather completely turned this week for us and now it's cold as soon as the sun goes down. Starting to panic about the thought of being trapped inside for soooooo longggg. We live in the NE of the US & winter is legit 8 months long here. When I had my DD a couple years ago in Feb we didn't go out until like May bc flu season wasno joke and it was still snowing in APRIL. Anyone else in the Northeast? How do you surviveeee/cope!?!?
  • @mcbe4990 I feel you on the winter weather! We're in Chicago and January starts the brutal cold snaps! I'm not looking forward to it either. That reminds me I need to put some more winter baby clothes on my registry lol.
  • @mcbe4990 I’m in the northeast as well. The thought of being stuck inside with a newborn scares me too. I try and leave the house with the boys almost every day right now so it will be a rough transition. My big kid will start pre k and I’m stressed he will be bringing every germ around home to us anyway. 
  • @babyroma that makes me so sad for those animals. ☹️ 
  • @babyroma People like that make me stabby. I am so sorry you have to deal with these people. 
  • @craftywitch Yes! "knitting weather" is on my list of reasons why I love winter and hate summer.
  • @babyroma I still feel guilty about surrendering my albino rats right after college, and that was 9 years ago. I was moving cross country to be with my now-husband. I brought my cat, but it just wasn’t feasible to also travel with and keep two rats. I can’t imagine constantly getting rid of furry family members.
  • @babyroma That is just wrong in so many ways!

@celticknotfire I just got goosebumps. So happy for you, girl! Such a beautiful moment ❤️. 
    TW
  • @babyroma that would bother me to no end, too! I'm a firm believer in adopting shelter animals, and have little tolerance for those who habitually contribute to the unwanted animal population (totally understand difficult situations where folks want to keep their pets, but extraordinary circumstances make it difficult/impossible.) Not a great example to the kids, too. Yikes. 
  • @doodleoodle Nope! I was hoping for a winter baby. If for no other reason than I don't want to be massively pregnant when. It is stupidly hot outside. But having an excuse to nest and cuddle/get to know my new baby is going to be fantastic too. 
  • @doodleoodle this is my first winter baby. I’m excited about the holing up at home part, but really nervous about the baby catching something from her germy brothers! Sick babies scare the crap out of me, so I know I’m going to be on high alert for even the slightest sniffle. 
  • @celticknotfire @TennisLove30 y’all just got me all teary eyed at the gym! so happy to hear both your happy stories! 😊
  • @daffodil_shoe yay! We made on offer (basically the asking price) on our now-house on the first day it was on the market too :)
  • @daffodil_shoe wow that’s crazy fast!! That’s great! Do y’all have a new house picked out already? Sorry if I’ve missed something. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @doodleoodle the only thing I’m worried about with a winter baby is the toddler germs that will be coming home to a newborn. Fingers crossed we stay super healthy this winter (or get it over with before February haha)
  • Also, I keep waking up on my back in the morning. I know I’ll probably wake up if anything is being compressed, but I didn’t have this issue with my big snoogle. The mini doesn’t seem to be cutting it with keeping me on my side. Sigh. Might have to go dig through the storage unit. 
  • @daffodil_shoe hooray! That is fantastic news!
  • @daffodil_shoe congrats!! That has to be record time to sell a house!
  • @daffodil_shoe whoa talk about speedy! That's awesome, congrats! 

@ibabyloveb87 I haven't bought any maternity pillows yet, but I've been wondering about how much they really help with staying on my side to sleep. Sounds like it might be worth an investment?
    I'm terrible about being all over the place (back, stomach, sides, if i could sleep standing up I just might!) I figure just coming out of the 13th week it's not such a huge deal yet, but trying to establish good habits! 

• @daffodil_shoe That is amazing! So happy for you! 
    TW
  • @daffodil_shoe Woohoo! Congrats girl! 🎉
  • @daffodil_shoe That's awesome!! LOL Sounds like Denver's market. Glad it's all going to work out as planned!
  • @babyroma yeah it’s not a huge deal yet but I have to get in the practice since I’m a back sleeper. Unless you’re short, I’d go with the full sized snoogle or something similar. I just push the mini out of the way in my sleep I guess  :D
  • @daffodil_shoe that is awesome!  I know you said you did some work to sell it and if obviously paid off so congrats!!!!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @daffodil_shoe Is it not normal to put that kind of condition on an offer to purchase where you come from? Where I live I think it is pretty standard to do.