February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/19-8/25

• Loading the player...
  • babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited August 2019
    @daffodil_shoe I'm actually a hufflepuff! 
    Those are such cute onesies!!!  Also love the chunky baby thighs!!! 
  • @daffodil_shoe those baby thighs!! I always have such skinny babies. I’m dying over those rolls 😍
  • Thanks @babyroma and @doodleoodle ! I lived for those thigh rolls 😍 Now he’s a skinny 3-year-old 😭
  • @DDRRT1982
    I've been having trouble finding good affordable plus size maternity stuff so I'm very much looking forward to fall when i can just rock some leggings and oversized sweaters Haha! I can probably just size up in some stuff for comfort sake! 
  • babyroma said:
    @DDRRT1982
    I've been having trouble finding good affordable plus size maternity stuff so I'm very much looking forward to fall when i can just rock some leggings and oversized sweaters Haha! I can probably just size up in some stuff for comfort sake! 
    Same!!! It's still hot as crap here but I've been wearing leggings/jeggings every. single. day. My problem is tops. My boobs are so big that it's a serious struggle to find tops that cover both! Ha!

Me: 35
    DH: 37
    Married: May 2011
    DD: Dec 2013
    DS: Sept 2015
    #3: EDD 2/28/20
  • DS only napped for an hour today. He usually naps for 2-3. I don’t know what was going on, but we made him do 45 minutes of quiet time since he wasn’t going back to sleep. And then I sent him and H outside to play golf. Mama needs her quiet time.  :D
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited August 2019
    @DDRRT1982 I also am having trouble dressing myself. It never occurred to me that my maternity t-shirts would be stretched out, even though they’ve been through two pregnancies 🤦‍♀️ It doesn’t get cool enough for sweaters until mid October where I’m located and by then I’ll have a definite bump anyway. I forgot what a hit my self esteem takes during this “too many tacos” phase as it’s been dubbed on this board. Mostly just because I have no idea how to dress myself!  I was banking on maxi dresses but apparently those aren’t in style anymore because I can’t find them anywhere.
    I’m just owning this big taco bump and wearing what works. I wore some post partum jeans I had the other day bc they fit and put a tank over it. Did I look fat? Yeah lol. But I was with a bunch of other moms and I didn’t think twice about it. It makes me feel better knowing it is a baby and not just tacos though ;) so far, I’m just in maternity pants. 

And maxi dresses are for sure still in style! I can’t wear a lot of them bc I’m so short. 
  • @doodleoodle I got a bunch of maxi dresses recently on amazon if you want to try there!
  • I actually went to the resale shop and bought what was cute maternity wise and then sized up on flowey shirts.  It kind of tackles the bigger boobs and growing bump issue.  They all won’t make to end of pregnancy, but most should be good for those few months after baby too.  Then I’ll donate.  
  • @daffodil_shoe I have the same hogwarts onesie and I’m absolutely saving it for this next one. I’m a ravenclaw, too. I have a marauders map onesie, too. (Love that there are fellow potterheads here.)
  • @doodleoodle I could totally dig that dress with a sports bra or something - I can't imagine going braless right now :) 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksil I can’t  imagine going braless ever 😂 I just googled “maxi dress knot tie at bottom” as a visual aid. I didn’t concern myself with any other details