April 2020 Moms

Is my first visit too far out?

Hey ladies! I scheduled my appt for the end of next month which would put me around 10 weeks. It was the only available appt with the doctor that I wanted. Is this too late for a first visit? 

Other concern is that I didn't test positive until Day 10 of my missed period. So I could be anywhere between 1-2 weeks ahead/behind. If I am ahead I would be around 12 weeks for my first visit. 

First time Mama jitters 🤰🏻🤷🏻‍♀️🙈

Re: Is my first visit too far out?

• I think it's probably fine unless something's wrong in the meantime (bleeding, bad cramps, etc.). My first appointment is at about 9.5 weeks. I think they aim for around then unless you have a history that indicates you should come in earlier.
  • With my first baby I had my first appt. at 12 weeks at the birth center. I was very relieved when she felt my uterus and said I was growing on schedule! I think it’s been within the past few years that women schedule ultrasounds and appts. really early. 🌿
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB aims for the first appointment to be between 8-10 weeks so I think that sounds fine. Some don't do it until closer to 12 weeks!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • This thread just made me feel so much better... all the apps/articles/books saying "by now you've had your first appointment" have been stressing me tf out!
  • I had my first appt last pregnancy at 8 weeks with a nurse, 12 weeks with a doctor. I miscarried at 10 weeks. So, this time I go in on Tuesday at 7 weeks 1 day to check on baby. The only reason to go in early is if you’ve had a loss. 
  • The two practices I've uses don't see you for our first appointment until 10 weeks. Don't sweat it. :)
  • Being a high risk this pregnancy due to our history and taking low dose blood thinner so my fertility office had us do an US at 6-7 weeks. We’ll have one more US before they discharge me to my reg OB. Typically most OB’s don’t do first appointments until 8-10 weeks unless you are having issues. 
  • Thanks for asking this! I was definitely worried too. My first appt is scheduled for 9/26 - I’ll be 10 weeks.  

Since we were trying, I found out on 8/11 (3 days before I missed my period).  So the wait is just draaaaging along.  

Im a FTM as well & pretty jittery.  I’ve just been trying to focus on eating well & drinking my water & praying for the best.  But it’s a terribly long wait.  
  • I think it’s usually scheduled between 8 and 10 weeks if there are no known complications. I was supposed to have my first one at the end of this week, but they cancelled it, so now I will either be having it at 9 or 10 weeks depending on my work schedule and what I can get off. I’m really anxious and want to make sure everything is okay, but just keep telling myself everything will be okay and the later the first appointment, the more the ultrasound will be able to show. 🤞🏻