January 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 8/21

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be? 

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 8/21

• 1. How many weeks are you? 17w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 1/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically, the second trimester has brought first trimester symptoms: nausea, vomiting, exhaustion, back pain, I feel like a bowling ball is sitting on my bladder. Emotionally...I have good days and bad. I've accepted the worry will never fully leave, and I nailed my anxiety to work. Since doing that, I've been able to relax. 

4. Any appointment updates? 8/27 OB, 8/30 anatomy scan

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? The technical lead brought me into a conference call not to teach me. Not to train me. Not to tell me responsibility, but to be her tech writer because, once again,she doesn't want to do her job. And, once again, I'm wondering why I took a pay cut and left management if I'm still doing management stuff. I've been here three months and haven't learned a damn thing about my new position. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just waiting for regular movement

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be? Middle-earth or Harry Potter. Middle-earth for her beauty and wonder. Harry Potter because I want to Stupify some people RIGHT NOW. 
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited August 2019
    @FyreFlyeRush sorry you’re having a tough time with work. Your lead tech sounds wonderful 🙄

1. How many weeks are you? 18 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses. 12/13, 1/17, 11/17, 4/18, 9/18, 2/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? PGAL brain just keeps creeping in. I keep having random thoughts throughout the day that we won’t hear heartbeats tomorrow at the ob appt or nothing will show on the ultrasound on Friday. I haven’t felt baby b move in a week or so and I have yet to feel baby a at all. Physically, exhaustion is still sticking around. I’ve had some swelling after walking for a while. I’ve yet to find any energy boost. I also had a random nosebleed yesterday. That was fun. 

4. Any appointment updates? Midwife tomorrow and MFM/amnio on Friday

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? We made instantpot Mac and cheese last night for dinner and it was delicious. Amidst making dinner I found a flea on one of my cats. They are indoor cats so not sure where it came from. I forgot to get a new soresto collar a few months ago so I ran out to the store and got both cats collars. Hopefully that was the one and only flea I will find. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Everyday. Hoping for good results from the amnio. 

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be? Harry Potter or Outlander

edit for tag
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 21!

2. Previous loss(es)? 9/18 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically the same, emotionally I just feel like this whole pregnancy is a count down (different then before loss). Like I can't enjoy the current 21 week state since I just want to make it to 28 weeks or even 30 for it to count. 

4. Any appointment updates? 24 week apt with midwife on sep10

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? feeling like this is when the excitement is dying down? For some maybe it's picking up? Even the midwife was saying this is a pretty slow time during a pregnancy. The 24 week apt will also be nothing special until the 28 apt where we do the glucose test and get into it more. Anyone else feeling like this or am I just being a bummer

6. Any milestones coming up? viability

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be?  Harry Potter for sure! let me work at the ministry and live in london!
  • @FyreFlyeRush sorry work is being shitty right now 
    @kbrown2385 that mac and cheese sounds so awesome. Crossing my fingers for your two appointments this week!
  • @FyreFlyeRush I'd imagine you can't wait to be on leave and it probably makes each week go even slower since you are miserable.  Sorry things aren't getting better.
    @kbrown2385 Movement is sporadic for me too and freaking me out.  Hopefully babies are just sleeping, growing and moving in places we can't feel them

1. How many weeks are you? 18

2. Previous loss(es)? My son at 17 weeks in Oct 2016

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically I feel good except for hip pain that gets worse after days I work (nurse) and weight gain that is creeping up on me.  Still don't have a legit bump so impatiently waiting so I have something to show for the 12 pounds I've put on.  Emotionally hovering between distant and freaking out.  I was so relieved and upbeat after passing my milestone and was thrilled I was feeling movement, but it's proving to be inconsistent and is actually making things worse the days I feel nothing.  Going for weekly Dopplers right now to ease my nerves.  Instead of obsessing over movement, I am almost purposely not paying attention in an effort to stay calm.  Coping mechanism I guess.

4. Any appointment updates? OB on Friday for a Doppler.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I applied for a job in mid-June and the process has taken forever.  I've finally finished the interviews and am just waiting to hear from HR.  The manager has implied I will be getting the job, so I am happy but getting irritated.  I also am worried that I will now be much farther along when I get hired then I had planned and feel bad.  I just wish they would make the offer already!

6. Any milestones coming up?  Every day is a milestone 

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be? In Bruges.  Little known film (and its super depressing) but Bruges is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I would love to live there.

• @kbrown2385, it's early, but I'll be thinking of you today. 
  • Sorry all I haven't been around this week. I've been on vacation and trying to just relax!

@kbrown2385 really thinking of you today. 

1. How many weeks are you? 17 + 6

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally okay which is surprising since I don't feel movement yet. But I had an OB appointment last week and we heard a strong heartbeat and a fiesty moving baby. Physically, I was cleared to take Sudafed and Flonase for my sinuses and it's a game changer. I can hear and don't feel nearly as nauseated! Now the muscle aches are here though. My legs hurt so bad yesterday I had to take Tylenol arthritis. Hopefully it's not a sign my thyroid or iron is out of whack...

4. Any appointment updates? Had an OB last week and everything looked good. Bad news is that my wonderful OB is going part time. I mean it's good for her but I have to have a new doc part way through. So far I've been impressed with all the docs in the practice so it should be fine but still sad. She said if I deliver on one of the 3 days/month shes on call that would be great 😜

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Vacation is awesome and I don't want to go back to the mountain of work waiting for me...

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm excited for 20 week anatomy scan.

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be? Harry Potter for sure!
  • @FyreFlyeRush thank you ❤️

@biolprof thank you ❤️. Ive come down with some kind of nasal congestion over the past couple of days. I think it’s allergy related but I’m two days in and miserable. I’m glad the Flonase and Sudafed worked for you! I’m going to ask my mfm if I can do something. My throat hurts so bad and I have to sit up at night to sleep. Idk how you lasted so long without. 
  • @kbrown2385 the Sudafed and Flonase were on the safe medications list for me, I guess I just missed it so I imagine it's okay for you but I always like to ask because I'm paranoid. I hope you get some relief!
  • FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited August 2019
    I know I shouldn't have, but I caved and bought a fetal Doppler my sister recommended. I was worried if I couldn't find the heart beat, that would send me into a bigger panic, even though I used one with DS1 and never had an issue locating it. I'm glad I did, because finding that heartbeat made all the difference in the world. He's more stubborn than his older brother, but I still found it pretty quickly, and a happy 148 to 155bpm, It'll definitely take the panic out until I can feel him moving regularly. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you?  18w 3d

2. Previous loss(es)?  Blighted ovum between my older two 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?   Exhausted.  Bone tired.  I am dying here.  I need summer to end and school to start.  We have friends visiting.   Which is awesome, but I am too tired to enjoy it.  They leave on Thurs.  My kids aren't sleeping through the night all of a sudden.  Middle daughter puked last night, and then was up every hour.  Thank goodness this is all happening in second tri, because at least I have some energy to get me through.   I hiked with my kids the other day (which includes wearing my 2.5 year old and the backpack to carry waters and snacks) and was so tired when we got back I could barely move.  The only good thing about the vomit last night is H is out hiking with our friends and our oldest while I stayed home with the younger two.  Sorry for the long vent! 

4. Any appointment updates?  I had one last week.  I saw the midwife who is about to retire! She was amazing.  I had to bring the girls, and she did the doppler with my little one on my lap (and let her press the button to turn on the doppler).  And she offered to bring in her microscope and let the girls have it.  So sweet!  Too bad she won't be around at birth.  But the other ones seem good too.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I wish I felt baby move more.  I think I have felt a few tiny things, but it's not clear yet.  @FyreFlyeRush , I own a doppler too. A friend gave me hers my pregnancy after my miscarriage.   I haven't tried it because at my previous appt the midwife couldn't find a heartbeat, and had to use ultrasound.  Now that she found it easily this time, I think I will start using it here or there for reassurance, but I need to buy some aloe first.   

6. Any milestones coming up?  Nope

7. GTKY: If you could live in one movie or tv show, what would it be?   The West Wing.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16