December 2019 Moms
Options

Working Moms - Week of 8/19

Re: Working Moms - Week of 8/19

• Options
    I personally am obnoxiously excited about work!

Today was the day I finally got to start working again. I was having some very stressful and trippy dreams last night that made me feel anxious about it. But it was needless unconscious fears. 

It was great. I got to see everyone for a brief time and we decided on setting up my home office like my work desk. Same computer and monitors and all, not just a laptop. So it feels natural and like I'm at work. With business Skype there doesn't feel like much of a difference. 

It feels so good to be productive again!!!!
  • Options

@mrszoobear yay!!  glad it's working out!

I came clean with my OB on Friday about all the stress at work because of my client so graphically threatening me.  She didn't do anything but seemed very concerned and I really can't afford for her to decide I can't work.  So far I think she's letting me handle it but if it continues I think she's going to be very concerned about the stress.

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am training 2 people to help do my job while on leave, plus training to learn a few new things myself, that a coworker who quit used to do.  It wouldn’t be too stressful except my boss keeps giving me more and more responsibilities,  because she thinks the trainees are doing my job.  Which isn’t true. The one person is literally doing nothing to help (she isn’t supposed to according to our main boss) and the other one is being given only half a day a week to train, so that is barely helping me at all.
  • Options
    My job is considering expanding the personal training program to be year round and today was a test day with the trainer (small group). They let me participate even though I'm pregnant and the trainer had different exercises for me to sub out.  It was a great workout!! I really hope the president of the org. Signs off on it going year round. 
  • Options
    How soon before due date is everyone starting Mat leave? Also when are you starting paperwork? I’ve told my boss and her boss but I haven’t done anything through HR yet.
  • Options
    rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited August 2019
    @lamarshall My employer requires the paperwork submitted to them a minimum of a month before leave. I already told HR, they already got the forms to me to work on in my own time, but there's a lot my doc has to fill in as well. I'm thinking of starting mine about a week before my due date, so I get as much time with baby as possible. And if I go into labor earlier than that...well, it happens, lol. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
  • Options
    @lamarshall I told HR at about 14 weeks but that's because they had found out from my boss' boss due to some other reasons - my admin has just quit and we aren't getting back fill for it. I submitted my paperwork after my last appointment. I had some light bleeding so I wanted to make sure everything was in line in the event I'm put on any limitations. Because of how the end of the semester falls I'm playing my last day by ear. I may work up until my due date like I did with my daughter, or make my last day the Friday before (due on a Wednesday) pending on the work load in my office at that time. 
  • Options

@lamarshall I will leave the paperwork with my doctor at my next appointment, then pick it up at the subsequent one.  I meant to last time but forgot, so I'm a bit behind.  So I'll have it submitted at work by mid-October. 

Last time I took 14 weeks, two weeks of annual leave (vacation) prior not covered by FMLA and 12 weeks after of various types of leave all concurrent with FMLA.  But last time there were some unique circumstances.  We ended up with a case of pertussis in my area (a client) and I had to stop all client contact per the facility infection control nurse.  After like 1.5 days I was caught up on paperwork and had nothing left to do.  Without client contact there is no documentation.  So I decided to go out early.  But I really enjoyed that time and using it to get ready and relax some.  Sooooo I'm hoping to take 1-2 weeks off early this time too.  Though my leave hours are running a bit tight, so it may depend on how much paid time off I have. 

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    Speaking of FMLA... I just got my approval back from HR and they approved it to be from Oct 24 - Jan 24. I sent a polite e-mail back saying their dates are wrong. 
  • Options
    Hey all...I've just been creeping on this weekly thread since I'm technically working, just been on summer break. (Officially back at work on Monday.)

@lamarshall I'm a teacher. I haven't cleared it with admin yet, but my tentative plan is to work until Christmas break (I'm due 12/24, winter break starts 12/21. Cutting it close, but hoping baby doesn't come early, as winter break is a nice, natural break for my students! :)  

I haven't even thought about paperwork yet....  :o
  • Options
    update on my FMLA paperwork, they sent me a copy back and whoever from the clinic that filled it out put on there that I'm having a scheduled c-section at 32 weeks! ummm... news to me! I'm having an u/s at 32 weeks and if my placenta previa hasn't cleared up then we will schedule a c-section for 36 weeks! there's a big difference in this.  
  • Options
    Planning on starting my submission November. Leave will begin day or two before my c section (I’m assuming I’m having a c section because of gestational diabetes likely to be diagnosed this week) 

work requires 30 days notice. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    I have to have a scheduled c section at 38 weeks.  The c section will be on a Tuesday, so I put in a request for my FMLA leave to begin that Monday (the day before the baby arrives).  My decision letter notes that my leave is approved to begin the day of the c section and my request to be off the day before was denied.🤔  I actually have to report at the hospital at 4:00 Tuesday morning, but I guess I'll be working until 4pm the day before!
  • Options
    I worked up until I had DS and will do the same this time. I can work from home so it’s not a big deal to continue working. I don’t think I need to fill out anything with work till
    closer to my due date, I probably should re-read the checklist we have posted online. 
  • Options
    Haven't been able to work much this week. My nausea is hitting me hard and now I have a tooth infection on top of everything else. I cant keep down the penicillin the dentist prescribed so I've been at the ER for over 3 hours waiting to be seen.
  • Options
    @mrszoobear oh no! thats no fun
  • Options
    @mrszoobear ugh!! I’m sorry! Does your hospital not have an OB/ER? That’s where I’ve been told to go in the even anything happens (I went there for my daughter once too). They say you bypass all the waiting because it’s only pregnant women there. 
  • Options
    @ashorkey - you can go right to early labor and delivery if you are over 20 weeks and the issue looks pregnancy related. I called my obgyn and he wanted me to go to the regular ER. Which was a waste of time. I should have just stayed home, slept it off and waited for my dentist appointment on Monday 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @mrszoobear ugh that’s so frustrating. I’m sorry it was such a waste of time for you.