WTF Wednesday 8/21

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: WTF Wednesday 8/21

• Options
    I felt hot and winded after completing one chore today... I have in-laws flying up here to stay with us for a week and I have so much more cleaning to go...
    This could probably also go in the symptoms thread, but I actually said “wtf”.
  • Options
    @emsnedds Sounds like a WTF moment to me. Same thing happened to me the last time I vacuumed. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was at the dentist yesterday for get this...2 hours!!  my jaw hurts from having to keep it open. It was an emergency, and couldn't wait. I was so nervous the whole time i was there, wondering about how the baby is doing. I hate going to the dentist and cant believe i had to go at week 6 :(
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino I’m sorry you had such a bad experience. I actually have a dentist appointment tomorrow too. Not thrilled, but I need to go, it’s been awhile. 
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino that sounds awful!  I can't even imagine going to the dentist right now.

My WTF today is that my kid came home from day care in a pull-up.  He's been potty trained for several weeks.  I have never put him in pull-ups.  Cool that they put my potty-trained kid in somebody else's pull-ups.
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany What on Earth? That is so strange. I always get freaked out when he comes home in the wrong shirt, but a potty-trained kid in a pull-up is crazy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany that’s so crazy!! Def a WTF moment 
  • Options
    I know it's Thursday, but I've been SO SICK. And not just pregnancy sick, but I caught some awful cold on top of it. I'm so stuffy, sore throat, can barely breathe... and dizzy/nauseous on top of it. I need someone to come to my house and entertain my 2 y/o because I can't!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Adding to this on Thursday. My dentist just refused to see me. He refuses to do an exam or cleaning at all without an x-ray. Even if I agreed (which I won’t) he required a release from my OB giving him permission.
    I’ve had dental exams and care during pregnancy with other dentists without an x-ray. This policy seems ridiculous. This is the same office who has called day of and cancelled my appointments twice, then rescheduled me months out. I’ve been trying to be seen for over a year. #livid #wtf

• Options
    @amber2718 that is totally a WTF moment.  Cancelling the appointments alone is BS without getting you in within a week but refusing to give you care? My dentist just doesn’t do the xrays when I’m pregnant but other than that it is business as usual. 
  • Options
    @amber2718 What! There's no reason you can't get your teeth cleaned without an x-ray! Plus aren't pregnant women encouraged to go to the dentist because of gingivitis? What a weird office.
  • Options
    @amber2718 Ugh! I’m sorry, that sucks. Your dentist sounds flaky. I’m surprised they won’t give you a cleaning. I didn’t even need an X-ray at all during my last cleaning and I wasn’t even pregnant 
  • Options
    @amber2718 Omg, that totally sucks. And you absolutely do not need an X ray for a cleaning unless they are expecting some major decay underneath some teeth, nevertheless, I've never heard of compulsory x rays for cleaning. 
    Having said that, even if you do have to ever get teeth x rays during pregnancy, it is totally safe. I have read a lot of scientific articles regarding this. First of all they direct the x ray to your mouth, its nowhere near your uterus. Second, the big lead jacket that they cover you with, is protect your internal organs even though the x ray is nowhere near. Third, the amount of radiation that you get from the dental x rays are equivalent of 8 hours of being outside in the sunlight. It is perfectly safe. 
    It is definitely more important to maintain oral hygiene when pregnant, and i'm surprised they turned you away. Your dentist must be flaky. 
  • Options
    @sanpelligrino that’s good to know. Previous dentists I’ve had were fine with avoiding the xrays, and my OB told me to avoid it at the dentist as well when I had my appt to remove my IUD to TTGP. I’ll definitely look into it further, but I’ll probably still switch dentists.
  • Options
    Avoiding x rays would absolutely be the best, but emergency dental situations might require one and its safe to get. My last dentist appointment was to fix a broken crown and they didnt take an x ray. I would think that would warrant an xray over a cleaning procedure. Good luck :)
  • Options
    It’s not Wednesday, but I was supposed to have my first prenatal appointment next Friday and they called today to cancel because the provider isn’t in that day. I work in healthcare and have patients of my own, so had to get my schedule blocked off to go to this appointment. They left a message that they rescheduled me on Wednesday, but I don’t know what my schedule looks like and if I can even do that, because I’m on vacation this week, so I can’t check it. So now I am super stressed.  :'(
  • Options
    @babyrummom that sucks! I really hope the stars align and the new time just happens to work with your schedule.
  • Options
    @babyrummom That’s awful and kind of irresponsible of your provider. I hope the new time magically works out. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    I called them and the time doesn’t work out for me. I am just going to have to wait until Monday to see my schedule to figure out when I can reschedule. Pretty bummed as this was out first appointment and I was excited and anxious about it. Now, I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait. I usually have to ask for time off a couple weeks in advance and I don’t want to tell my work that I am pregnant yet before my first appointment to know that everything is okay. 
  • Options
    @babyrummom I’m sorry, that is disappointing. I hope you can reschedule for a day soon after when your first appointment was supposed to be.  <3