Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Friday 8/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Friday 8/23

• Options

@shamrocandroll - OMG that's so scary!!! We have a major problems with coyotes right now in our town. In the past 3 months I've gotten over a dozen Ring neighborhood alerts of coyotes in our neighborhood, and 5 dogs (that I know of) have been attacked in our town this summer. 

Month/Cycle: 12

CD/DPO: 40/5?

Timing: No clue.

Typical LP length: 13ish days (it ranges every month - thank you PCOS)

Testing: Calling the doc Monday. 

R/R: My coworked brought her puppy to work today - so goodbye productivity! lol 

CS/Q: Just waiting it out...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking from WTO*
    @shamrocandroll omg I would pass out!!! Still would prob take my chances with a bear over a creeper though! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Wow how scary is that! So glad you have the pepper spray now. Gotta keep those creeps away! 

@feather_heather So sad about all the dogs being attacked! Enjoy playing with the puppy today!

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: -4, -2, O, +1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: Maybe Sunday

R/R: The show was great last night! I really needed a night out. My counseling appointment also went great and she really helped me get back on track. We talked a lot about how out of control I feel with this whole process and she helped me to see the areas I do have control over (getting my RE referral, getting tests ordered, taking care of my body, etc.) 

CS/Q: 

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @feather_heather @mvt2003 Black bears are pretty harmless.  They're definitely more scared of you in most cases.  As long as you're not too close to their babies.  I guess that's where the term "mama bear" comes from.  

@misshelen86 I'm so glad you had a great session, and a good time at the show last night!  I'm so overdue for a night out.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll spoken like a true New Hampshirite haha! 

• Options
    @mvt2003 Turns out you can turn a Boston girl into a country girl.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll I'm over here like "wow 20 minutes outside Boston has a ton of wildlife" i.e. squirrels, bunnies, the occasional deer. :D 

• Options
    Well.. woke early this morning and got AF 😔 *sigh*  that just sucked. Maybe next month. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 Sorry for AF
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @shamrocandroll OMG that's so scary! I used to have to carry a bear bell when I would go hiking in AK, and thankfully never came across one.
    @mindyb2019 so sorry about AF. *hugs*

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: -6, -4, -1

Typical LP length: 15ish days

Testing: FF wants me to wait until Sept 1st

R/R: Sorry I'm late getting here. I'm off of work today (comp day) and when I woke up this morning I couldn't open my right eye. I'm not sure if I scratched it last night when I was taking my contacts out (and subsequently slept on it) or if I got something in it like a dog hair or sawdust. Either way, it hurt and it sucks. MH had to leave work to take me to the doctor, where they flushed my eye for ten minutes (torture) then put dye in it to see the scratches under a blacklight. Just minor scratches, but I need to put in antibiotic ointment twice per day for 5 days. So, yay. I'm still in pain, and the ointment makes my vision blurry, but I hope that diminishes as my eye heals.

CS/Q: Nope

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @mindyb2019 Sorry about AF  :(

@ttcbabyodo Oh, AK would be an entirely different story!  Brown bears are much more dangerous than black bears.  Black bears mostly just eat berries and bird seed.  Also, ouch!  So sorry about your eye!!!  Hope it heals fast!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll aw hell no to the bears. I'd poop myself lol. GL testing this weekend! I'll keep ya posted if I end up POAS, lol. I'm a big chicken and MH hates it when I test so I rarely do. Your chart is looking good tho! Seemingly similar to mine post-O. 
    @feather_heather pupppyyyyy!! Do you have past charts to compare yours to? What does your normal pattern look like for ovulatory cycles? 
    @misshelen86 sorry for the BFN yesterday, but glad you had fun at the show last night! Your counsellor sounds pretty spot-on with the whole control issue. I struggle with that too (as I'm sure most of us do 'round these parts). I hope you can find some comfort in embracing those things you can control and try to let go of the rest.
    @mindyb2019 sorry for AF. FX for next cycle 
    @ttcbabyodo ouch about your eye! It's one of those things that might just be a minor issue but if your vision is affected it really messes with you! Glad it wasn't anything too serious and that the ointment clears it right up. 

Month/Cycle: 20/16

CD/DPO: 23/8 or 9

Timing: Something like -4, IUI on either -1 or O and possibly a +1 if I O'd late.

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: I keep saying Sunday but realistically, probably not until mid-week before my beta on Thursday.

R/R: Rant: MH is the caregiver in his family. Anytime anyone needs anything, they ask him and he never says no. *TW baby mentioned* (I'll put this in a spoiler because it's long). TLDR: MH's entire family was sick and he got it too.

BIL and SIL were extremely sick this week so MIL went to babysit our 8.5mo nephew. But by the time she got him home she had the bug too (I personally think it's something like the norovirus). So she called MH to leave work and go watch the baby. He didn't tell me until he was almost there because I asked him not to since we have a ton of stuff going on this week (including me being 9dpiui) and we cannot afford to get sick, and we figure nephew was Patient 0 because it's anyone that changed his diaper that has gotten sick. Well, he went anyway, and guess who got violently ill Wednesday night? Like, coming out both ends (at the same time), puking his brains out for 13 hours straight, couldn't even get off the bathroom floor, I probably need to burn or throw out those towels kinda sick. You guys, our marriage reached new levels this weekend lol, I've never seen anything like it. He was on the bathroom floor for about 14 hours before he felt strong enough to crawl to the bed and be that far away from a toilet. I ended up missing my exam that I needed to write yesterday or risk losing my licence at work (I couldn't reschedule it until 2 days before it expires in Sept, which likely isn't enough time). He's feeling much better today but I'm still waiting until he feels stronger to say I TOLD YOU SO. 

Rave: Somehow I'm the only one still left standing from this bug *FX it stays that way*. His Dad got it yesterday too. So that's everyone that has come in contact with Patient 0 that has come down with the virus. 

CS/Q: Trying not to read too much into anything at all because of the progesterone. But it looks about the same as past charts and I feel about the same sooo... who knows what any of this means.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    misshelen86misshelen86 member
    edited August 2019
    @kiki047 Oh my word!!!! He definitely deserves an I told you so!! How frustrating. So sorry you ended up missing the exam. I don’t know what your fam was thinking shipping patient 0 around. Ugh. FX you don’t end up catching it too! 
    *edited for spelling
    TTC since 9/2018
    10/19- First RE visit
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    *Lurking from WTO*
    @kiki047 Omg I would be so pissed! Not with you being 9dpiui!!!!!! I 100% get the helping out etc. (and in fact have done something similar) but good grief! 

• Options
    Thanks Ladies. Will try again next cycle @shamrocandroll, @kiki047, @ttcbabyodo
  • Options
    @misshelen86 @mvt2003 I'm all for him helping out, it's one of the reasons I love him so much. He's Mr Reliable. But part of my beef with it is just that BIL and SIL are laaaaazy and entitled, and my FIL could've watched the baby but they would rather MH do it so they just automatically ask him for everything. His mom doesn't know about the IUI part (she does know we were doing it this month but doesn't know timing) but they did know about my exam. Nobody even apologized or thanked him for his help. A simple "we're SO sorry to get you sick, but thank you for babysitting" would've been nice. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 Wow, our charts do look very similar!  Hopefully that's a good thing for both of us!  :)  And yikes to that story!  I'm glad you've avoided it so far!  Make sure you make a blach/water solution and wipe down every surface he may have touched with it.  We got norovirus at the same time last year and it was AWFUL!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Ohh the bleach is coming out in full force tonight. I needed to wait until he was out of the guest room I quarantined him in. The towels I could salvage went into the wash this morning with as much bleach as I dared, am probably going to just throw out the shower curtain. *shudder* 

TTC History:

• Options
    *lurk* @shamrocandroll
    The brown bear could attack at any moment

Our black bears, on the other hand, are hardcore snoozing lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause