April 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

• @mandarenee898 Hope you have a great appointment and it was just the progesterone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mandarenee898 Hope you get good news today!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mandarenee898 Great news! And twins - so exciting!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mandarenee898 I’m so glad that the ultrasound went well. Congrats on the twins. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Thank you @Kathryn0903 and @mercury94. I’m still bleeding a little and cramping too - just hope it stops soon and doesn’t affect my pregnancy. 
  • @mandarenee898 TWINS! That’s so exciting! I hope your bleeding resolves. I had a friend with a subchorionic hemorrhage and it resolved and all was fine! 
  • kath1414 said:
    @mandarenee898 TWINS! That’s so exciting! I hope your bleeding resolves. I had a friend with a subchorionic hemorrhage and it resolved and all was fine! 
    Thank you so much!  Besides my mom (with me actually) no one else I know has had bleeds so even though I was told they were common I was still wary.  Hearing about someone else helped me a lot. 
  • @mandarenee898 SCH are somewhat common with twins. My mom bled through half her pregnancy with us and we came out okay!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @mandarenee898 congratulations on your twins ! So exciting ! 
    I’ve heard bleeding and spotting is very common in twin pregnancies. 
  • @NYTino24 thank you for sharing. I need to remember that blood isn’t necessarily losing the baby. 

@sanpelligrino thank you! We are excited and now thinking of all the duplicates we get to buy! 😂 
  • edited August 2019
    I’m currently experiencing brownish spotting after fooling around last night. I called my doctor who moved up my ultrasound to today and I’m seeing him directly after to make sure everything is alright. 
  • I’m currently experiencing brownish spotting after fooling around last night. I called my doctor who moved up my ultrasound to today and I’m seeing him directly after to make sure everything is alright. 
    I’m glad your doctor didn’t make you wait. I hope everything goes well for you. Hopefully it was just the fooling around and nothing to do with baby. 

Let us know how it goes. 
  • @mandarenee898 I just got home from the doctor, he thinks it’s probably nothing, the ultrasound he ordered showed the yolk sac with no fetal pole yet but he thinks I may have ovulated late. I go back the first week in September to make sure everything is as it should and a heartbeat is heard.  He also did an exam and saw old blood which caused him to take some bloodwork that won’t be back until Monday. However in all he believes the baby is doing great! 
  • @knottie43405ded59795f01 That’s good news. I’m glad he didn’t seem concerned. Would you mind changing your username so that you’re easier to tag and recognize? There is a thread with instructions. It’s called Knottie Usernames. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Checking back in- I had spotting all of last week that turned into heavy red bleeding on Fri & Sat. It has since stopped and gone back to brown spotting. My first beta was 15,690 at 5w5d, 2nd was over 30,000 at 6w1d. Should have my results tomorrow from the 3rd draw, but doctor said it’s re-assuring. Trying to stay hopeful! My dating ultrasound is next week. 
  • @doraleigh35 I am thinking about you and wishing you the best! Those are great betas and I’m glad that the bleeding slowed down and is back to brown spotting. I know it is practically impossible not to worry, but focus on the good betas and that the spotting is slowing down. Let us know how it goes. 
  • For the past 24 hrs I have been bleeding, with blood clots. At first it was spotting, light pink, and later turned into heavier bleeding like a light period with cramping. (Still happening)

I called my OB and went in for an appt this morning. I should be around 7 weeks right now and when the nurse did an U/S she couldn't find anything. She wasn't alarmed though and thinks I'm newly pregnant. This doesn't make sense from when my last period was. 

They had me do a blood test today and another one on Sat to see if my levels go up. This has been so confusing and such a whirlwind ride already. 
  • @julie_a_420 how scary. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good blood draws.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Yesterday morning I woke up to pee and found some pinkish blood on the toilet paper. I'd been feeling concerned about this pregnancy because I haven't had any nausea. I know all pregnancies are different, but I just couldn't help but to worry.

As the day progressed, I was having some brown discharge. I called my OB's office and they asked me to go to the ER to get checked out.

The ER diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage and a UTI. I was supposed to be 7 weeks yesterday based on my LMP, but my hcg levels were only 1885. I also had a ultrasound done and they were able to find a gestational sac and yolk,  but no fetal pole.

This morning, I woke up and the brown discharge was gone, however, as the day progressed, I started finding red blood and tiny red clots on the toilet paper whenever I would wipe. 

I'm supposed to call my OB on Tuesday and get another blood draw to compare the hcg levels, but I just don't have a very positive feeling about it.

Thanks for listening!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • oh no! I'm so sorry you're going through this @jennpearl007. Prayers and please keep up updated on your OB appointment tomorrow.
  • @jennpearl007 so sorry you are having to go through this. Not knowing takes so much out of you. Thinking of you tomorrow with your blood draw. 
  • @jennpearl007 I'm so sorry you're having to deal with bleeding. Thinking of you, and strongly hoping that everything goes well. 
  • I started having some spotting this morning, including at least one (small) patch of bright red blood. My NP can see me this afternoon, so I'll know more soon, but it definitely freaking me out. I had something similar with my first pregnancy and everything was fine, but that was around 5-6 weeks.
  • @aresee praying its nothing at all to worry about.
  • Welp, I go here. Mostly brown spotting with some pink yesterday. My cramps are more intense than I remember them being with my daughter.  *TW miscarriage* I’ve had 3 miscarriages since my daughter (and one before her) so I know there’s nothing I can do but wait and see but damn. I’m hoping it’s just normal spotting/cramping because I know it can be. I’m 6 weeks today and have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. My doc would see me today or tomorrow if I want but it’s not going to change anything. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Got good news today, but I can't help but be nervous. My NP said things look good and we even heard the heartbeat! She then sent me for an ultrasound and things looked good there too. My NP thinks it has something to do with the gestational sac moving inside my uterus (I didn't totally follow) and said I might have spotting for a couple of weeks. :( I see her again next Friday (9/13), so I'm just going to try to stay relaxed about it until then and see where we are.
  • @susykat77 and @araseee So sorry you are both dealing with this.  As @susykat77 said already, it can be just normal.  I woke up two weeks ago, the night before my US, bleeding and since I didn’t bleed in my first pregnancy at all I was FREAKED.  It was a sub-chorionic hemorrhage and that freaked me out but my doctor said it was small and should resolve itself.  Thankfully it did.   Sending the positive vibes your way!
  • I wanted to post a quick update on my bleeding. I had my u/s today and I do have a SCH. I have been bleeding/spotting on and off for two weeks. Doctor wasn’t too concerned and baby was measuring on track with a great heartbeat.

Sending positive vibes to everyone dealing with bleeding/spotting, it’s so stressful!
  • @doraleigh35 I'm glad you posted, it's a SCH that my NP said she thought I had. The ultrasound tech didn't mention it, so I'm not positive that's what's going on, but neither of them seemed worried. I go back in a week, so fingers crossed all is well. Glad your baby's measuring on track and doctor is happy!
  • @aresee that’s exactly why I wanted to post here. *TW* bleeding has always ended in a miscarriage for me, so I wanted to share this side in case someone was having a similar experience *End TW*

I hope all goes well for you next week! I noticed it when the tech was scanning me and then we met with the radiologist who basically said it explains why I’ve been bleeding, but wasn’t concerning and to follow-up with my doctor. 

• @araseee and @doraleigh35 I had my SCH on 8/21.  When I went in on 9/4 the dr said he couldn’t see any sign of it any more on the US and everything is ok.  It was SUCH a relief but I remember that sinking feeling when seeing the blood and spotting every time.  Thinking of you both and hoping that they clear up!
  • @mandarenee898 and @doraleigh35 Thank you so much for your experiences. My bleeding this morning is a little heavier, and even though I know that's to be expected, it still really freaked me out. No cramping, so I'm trying to stay relaxed about it. Hearing your experiences is helping!
  • I was hoping to get away without any spotting but I'm having some brown spotting today. No cramping, so I know it's probably nothing but with my history it's still somewhat anxiety inducing.
    I'm at work today but off this coming week so hopefully I can rest a bit.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 it is anxiety inducing!  I am no health professional but brown usually means older so hoping whatever caused it is already cleared up.  Thinking of you!
  • @mflowers929 Hope it’s just an irritated cervix or something. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • It hasn't progressed so not worried about it. The fact that my injection site won't stop bleeding on the other hand...
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Based on my LMP i should be measuring 8 w6d today. Have had very mild spotting (very light pink off and on) for the last 4 weeks or so. Last night I wiped and had bright red blood. Similar to the last day of a period. Ug was increasing today but never enough that I even needed a liner. Just that I could feel it coming and go to the bathroom and wipe away. Still couldn’t get in with my doc (my first appointment is still 3 weeks away) so I went to our groups same day clinic. Saw the doc on call. She did a pelvic and said she saw the blood too and thought it might be a SCH. Felt my uterus and said “that’s definitely a pregnant uterus”. Went upstairs for the ultrasound and they told me that they could see a placenta attached but the sac was empty...but that it was also measuring at 6 weeks. So either my measurements are waaaay off, in which case their US won’t  pick up a 6 week pregnancy, OR the fetus stopped developing at 6 weeks. So they did a baseline Hcg and I have to go back tomorrow. My bleeding hasn’t stopped but comes and goes, and isn’t worsening. I’m not really feeling cramping per se, but i am very aware of my uterus. Just in a wait and see mode but just curious if anyone else had a similar experience, especially pertaining to the times being so far off. The doc did suggest it was possible that i got pregnant, miscarried and got pregnant again before my next period but that seems pretty out there....
  • @kimberlyevan I don’t have any experience with this as I’ve gone through IVF and the RE’s office keeps close tabs on you in the first weeks.  Spotting and SCH are scary and having to wait and see for answers is so difficult. Wishing that you have great HCG numbers and that your bleeding stops and that all is well with baby.  
  • @kimberlyevan I've been through something similar and I'm sorry to say that it didn't work out.  I hope your situation works out differently and your dates are off.  The wait and being in limbo is awful.