1st/2nd trimester check in w/o Aug 19!

PoeMasquePoeMasque member
edited August 2019 in Pregnant after IF

Happy Monday! 

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? 

Calling!!

@PoeMasqueEDD 2/8

@emmasemm EDD 3/7

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5 (boy)

@Tulips29 EDD 1/11 (girl)

@cigaline EDD 2/10

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/10

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

@caitiemae EDD 1/30

@akak23 EDD 3/27

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 3/25

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st/2nd trimester check in w/o Aug 19!

• Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited August 2019
    • How far along/EDD? 19w2d, 1/11/20
    • How are you feeling this week? Was pretty anxious leading up to my OB appointment. Other than the massive 2-day headache last week, I'm feeling ok physically so far this week. Edited to add - thank you to everyone for your good thoughts last week. My son had some nasty virus and was sick for a whole week. He's finally getting back to his normal self so hoping this is all behind us. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? 2 raves - I'm finally starting to feel little movements and it's so exciting. I was really anxious as I wasn't feeling anything until now, or thought I was but it was so faint that I told myself I imagined it. Today I felt a few stronger thumps and twitches down there, which is what I remember those early movements felt like last time. My 2nd rave is not pregnancy related, but I found the best cereal in Trader Joe's and it's giving me life! Attaching a pic below for anyone interested, but this is all I've wanted to eat now for the past 2 days. Edited to add - anyone feel body aches the longer you sleep? Seems bizarre but over the weekend when my son was sick, I put him to bed at 8 pm and went to sleep myself as I was exhausted. Slept for like 10 hours and woke up feeling like a truck ran over me. My whole body was so sore! One would think I'd be all rejuvenated after 10 hours of sleep, but it was the complete opposite. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had an OB appointment today. Nurse tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler and all we heard was white noise, although she kept saying that was the heartbeat. Then the doc came in and put the doppler in a different spot and we heard it loud and clear! Always exciting. Next ultrasound is on 8/28 for the anatomy scan. 
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Give me all the ice cream! I'm not a chocolate or sweets person, but I can eat ice cream every day. 
    Here's the TJ cereal I am now obsessed with. 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @Tulips29 - glad to hear this week looks like it’s going better for you so far! I’ve totally been where you’ve been with sleeping more and not feeling refreshed. I remember reading once that sometimes oversleeping can have the opposite effect than you were hoping for. Which totally sucks lol. Glad to hear your US went well and that’s so exciting that you’re starting to feel baby moving around!! So looking forward to that! 
    • How far along/EDD? 10w6d 3/10
    • How are you feeling this week? Better than the week before, but still quite a bit of nausea at times. Was thinking I was on the home stretch with morning sickness and then I threw up again yesterday morning and felt sick all morning. Ugh. As much as it sucks, it does make me feel reassured that I’m still having symptoms. This does lead me to my question though...
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? ...for those ladies who had morning sickness, when did it start getting better for you? When did it finally go away? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? None. Impatiently waiting for my first OB appointment on Sept 5th. Couldn’t come soon enough!! 
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Do I just get to pick one? Lol. I have a big sweet tooth, but also like salty stuff too in equal measures. Lately I’ve been craving hot wings, although I’m trying to tell myself that that’s probably the last thing my stomach will want right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sincethelastday Completely sucks having the opposite effect of sleeping more! Plus it's just not fair! Sorry to hear you're still dealing with morning sickness and nausea. I didn't have morning sickness, but I was really nauseous with my first for quite a while and into the second tri, but it should subside in the 2nd tri. Hopefully you'll start getting some relief with the 2nd trimester right around the corner! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tulips29 so glad to hear your son is feeling better - and great news on feeling the movements.
    I think I’m imagining phantom movements!!! I mean I’m not quite 12w so it’s far too early. But every evening DH talks into my belly and he has a really deep voice. I can feel his voice vibrate through my belly when he does it. Then for the next 5 minutes or so I feel like gas bubbles popping. But I think it’s all in my head!

@sincethelastday I feel like my average symptoms are trending steadily downwards - but when they hit they still hit hard. 

• How far along/EDD? 11+3 7th March 
    • How are you feeling this week? Like I said above - moments of brilliance and moments of I want to crawl back into bed and sleep until second tri! Dizziness has been added to my symptoms - and we already found it’s due to low blood pressure. Only had one high reading on our home BP monitor over the last week - and that’s when my OB called whilst I was taking it. So logic says it’s only high when my OB is around! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Had to go to redraw my NIPT as neither of the first samples had enough fetal DNA in them... ahhh so might not have the results in time for our appointment next week! I am so freaking worried about these results. I feel like everything is on hold until we have them. Can’t plan one way or another.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Intralipids on Friday, supposed to go get NIPT results and a quick check US on my adeno next Tuesday... let’s see if it’s postponed...
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Since Easter I had no guilty pleasures as quite literally my body has been kept completely away from all naughty stuff to keep my implantation down. But given a free choice I am a HUGE chocolate lover. Lactose free chocolate. But still chocolate none the less. Ritter Sport does an amazing lactose free milk chocolate. I can eat 1kg in a single sitting!!!!! 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• sanpelligrinosanpelligrino member
    edited August 2019
    Hello everyone and thanks for the shoutout @PoeMasque :)

• How far along/EDD? 6w4d April 12th  
    • How are you feeling this week? I have been nauseated the past several days and I'm having food aversions (literally avert to eating anything edible) until hunger strikes and I need to make a decision. The bloat is also pretty evident. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves: yay for maternity pants and naps after work.
    • Any upcoming appointments? first ultrasound appointment on 8/30 (8w). Fingers crossed that everything looks good and we see a great heartbeat.
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? i'm going to blame the baby, despite the fact that it is as small as a sweet pea right now! the baby loves fried food, so everything fried get in ma tummy now! I've had ice creams twice a week for a couple of weeks as well. I try my best to keep my breakfasts and lunches healthy, think salads, smoothies etc.
    edit: typo
  • @emmasemm that's so cute that your husband talks to the belly! They can hear it on the inside, so perhaps those gas bubbles are tiny movements! :smile: I hope you get your NIPT results quickly and it's all good news. It's always nerve wracking waiting for test results to come back. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• I was also thinking it may be nice to add a gender we're expecting to the initial post if no one is opposed. I always love seeing a mix or who is staying on team green until delivery @PoeMasque tagging you as you start these off for us :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• • How far along/EDD? 24w5d Dec 5
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired all the time and eating like nobody’s business.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant- This guy has been pretty strong in his movements for a few weeks now but we’re still having the occasional day where he’s quiet or not as obvious. Today is one of those days and while I’ve been feeling him he’s not beating around in there enough for my comfort.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 8/29 for glucose screening 
    • GTKY: What is your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Any sweets but I really love gummy candies and bubble gum.

@Tulips29 Glad to hear your little guy is feeling better. That cereal looks amazing btw! 

@emmasemm my dh talks to my belly too and it melts my heart

@sanpelligrino I joke that I would eat a fried water bottle, I love fried food of all kinds! 
  • How far along/EDD? 8w6d

How are you feeling this week? Nauseous and nervous. It’s hard for me not to be nervous about how the pregnancy is going, but I keep thinking if I’m nauseous then somethings got to be working!

Rants/Raves? Questions? I had my first OB appointment yesterday, and no ultrasound! Last U/S was at 7w2d. Dr said I can come back in 1-2 weeks for an U/S, and then again at 12w. @Tulips29 @caitiemae you were right about the OB being different than RE!

Any upcoming appointments? 8/26 ultrasound

GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Right now it’s sour watermelon candies - my bff says I must be having a girl with all the sugar cravings, but we don’t know for sure yet.
  • @emmasemm - I can imagine how nerve wracking that waiting must be for results and the frustration of not knowing whether things will get pushed back. Hope you find out soon and all’s good! That’s at least positive that you’ve only had one high BP reading at home so far (kind of funny in a dark kind of way that it was when your OB phoned!)

@sanpelligrino - sorry to hear that the nausea has started for you! Hope it doesn’t get too too bad! And good luck at your US!! Hope it all goes well - keep us updated! 

@k_mama91 - I’m not anywhere near yet really of feeling movements, but that whole idea of feeling activity and then more quiet periods is already freaking me out a bit. I also wonder how easy is it to mistake movement for gas or some other rumbling? (I’m assuming it’s a pretty distinctive feeling?). Hope your little guy is just chilling out, but you start feeling some more activity soon! 

@LauraJon2015 - I have the same thoughts: if I’m feeling nauseous then I’m hoping it’s a good sign. Hope your next US goes well and provides more reassurance.

Man, I’m really craving ice cream and chocolate and candy now (@LauraJon2015 - oooohh, sour watermelon candies sound especially good!!) 
  • k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited August 2019
    @LauraJon2015 Sour Patch Watermelon? I ate the crap out of sour patch kids during the first tri, the amount of candy I consumed is sick! 

@sincethelastday I really wanted to relax more once he started moving but it’s brought on a new type of anxiety. In the beginning its hard to distinguish but as baby grows the movements is unmistakable. Aside from my anxiety I love feeling him so I hope he isn’t lazy again tomorrow!
  • Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited August 2019
    @sanpelligrino sorry about the nausea and food aversions. I hope this passes quickly for you! And I hope the time passes quickly until 8/30 as well and your next US! 

@k_mama91 I read a while back that if you drink cold water, it supposedly wakes up the baby and they start moving. I used to do this with my son when he'd go still for some time and I'd freak out so I'd chug a glass of cold water to get him to move. I hope he starts moving more for you and you can relax more.

@LauraJon2015 The nerves never go away and weirdly the symptoms can be such a reassurance. 6 more days until your US and I hope I hope you get the good news so you can relax a bit.  

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 that cereal looks amazing. I ate a whole box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch last week and have banned myself from getting it again, but I might try the TJs one since it looks healthier! Also I just realized I’ve been tagging you wrong every week! I fixed this post and updated my template. 

@sincethelastday my nausea was better right at 9.5 weeks, but I have a friend who is 12 weeks and has been vomiting daily since 5 weeks. She got diclegis and zofran from her OB and says the zofran finally helped. I think even the zofran wasn’t completely getting rid of the nausea until about a week ago. Every pregnancy and body is so different though!

@sanpellogrino I have a friend who is a mama/baby nurse and she always tells women that you’re body knows what it needs in those early weeks, so just eat whatever you want until 14 weeks. After that you can worry about healthy foods. I realize that’s not necessary “sound medical advice”, but I’m going with it anyway ;)

@k_mama91 my son was sooooo active all the time and I remember how stressful the few days when he wasn’t going bananas were. Thankfully I worked with a bunch of former L&D nurses and they would remind me that growth spurts can make baby sleepier. You’re close to starting kick counts though, so hopefully doing those will help with the anxiety. (I’m curious if your OB gave you instructions on how to do them....last time mine never did, even though they are recommended by ACOG as the #1 way to monitor for issues in the third tri)

Can everyone post with gender if you know it (or team green if you aren’t going to find out)? I will add to the weekly post :)

• How far along/EDD? 15+3, 2/8
    • How are you feeling this week? Amazing! I even went for a run yesterday (a short run with lots of walking between, but still a run!). Starting to wake up with sore hips/back though, so not sure how much longer the good feelings will last. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? It’s been 3 weeks since our last US and we don’t have another one for a month, so we won’t know gender until late September (not irritating at all!!). Tomorrow my coworker is going to help me do an US with the machine at work, but neither of us is trained in it, so we will see how it goes. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Tuesday, just regular OB with no US :(
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Normally Cinnabon. I allow myself one Cinnabon per year. But I’ve been all over the map this pregnancy (sour patch kids, ramen, ice cream, popsicles, and now buttery popcorn). 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tulips29 I’ve heard juice or milk, anything cold and sweet. He was moving but not as sharply as normal if that makes sense? This morning he’s kicking up a storm though 😊

@PoeMasque I can’t remember if my doctor starts kick counts at 26 or 28 weeks but it’s right around the corner. Well see if I’m given instructions, I think last time I was told 8-10 movements an hour no matter how strong. 

Also, mark me down for team blue 💙
  • @PoeMasque you can put me down for team finding out!

@k_mama91 pleased to hear LO is making his presence known this morning again!
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• How far along/EDD? 11w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? Still have a little nausea in the morning and still tired but I think it is getting better. (so @emmanemm that is what's going on for me). Other than that, I can't wait to get to the 14 week mark so I can tell friends. And I have that pigmentation line on my belly. It's super weired lol.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Any one else breaking out more? I pretty much am lucky and that I rarely got zits but I'm starting to notice them more. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tuesday the 27th. First ob appt. 
    • GTKY: What’s your favorite treat/guilty food pleasure? Normally I am a super health nut (but not during  this pregnancy lol) but I love most sweets, and a thick juicy steak (definitely missing the medium rare!)

• @k_mama91 - glad to hear that your LO is moving around more again - what a trouble maker stressing out his mom by being low-key! 

@love112314 - I’m totally with you about getting excited to tell friends and other family! It just seems like time is going by slowly before the first trimester is done. Are you planning any specific way to tell friends and family? I’m also finding that I’m breaking out more than usual - another perk of pregnancy I suppose. I’m also with you on the steak! 

@PoeMasque - I’m also going to find out the gender. Man, that’s going to be such a long wait! 
  • @sincethelastday @emmasemm I was more than thrilled to be his punching bag this morning. He’s already proving to be stubborn like his dad!

@love112314 My skin has been horrible since starting stims and it hasn’t improved much unfortunately.
  • @PoeMasque I hope you and your coworker are able to do the ultrasound! Do you know what to look for to determine the gender? When they showed us ours on the ultrasound, she tech pointed to some shadow and said "that's how I can tell it's a girl" and both me and my husband were like huh? lol...but then I showed the ultrasound to my friend who is a doctor and asked her to identify the gender and she pointed to the shame shadow. 

@k_mama91 oh, glad to hear he's moving a bunch this morning! 

@love112314 My skin got bad the first trimester. I had breakouts and it got really dull looking. Even now, my skin is nowhere as clear as I'd like. "They" say girls tend to give moms breakouts and steal your beauty, so when I started getting them I was convinced right away we are having a girl. 

@wifeinraleigh28 sorry to hear you and your husband are both under the weather. I hope you get better soon! And bagels and cream cheese isn't weird at all...that's all I've been having for breakfast most days + tomatoes on top. Also, your ultrasound is so cute, the baby looks like a little bean! So glad he was wiggling around for you! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited August 2019
    @Tulips29

Our tech guessed (correctly) at 15 weeks that we were having a girl and showed me what she called "the hamburger sign" which is basically a patch in the scan that looks like a hamburger from the outline of the private parts.  Boys, on the other hand, may often show the "turtle" sign which is basically an area that looks like....a turtle with its head poking out of the shell. I'm sure you can guess how that picture is formed XD  

@wifeinraleigh28
    What a cute little gummy! Our RE always remarked on our bean's movements and tried to point it out for me at our last scan (and my parents were there too so they were also remarking on the movements)....but I always was like, "Nope, don't see it" until around 12 weeks at the OB's office where she was having a -party- during the scan. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @Tulips29 we tried doing an ultrasound this afternoon, but the machine is set up for epidural injections, so the settings were all off (super zoomed in), we basically saw some leg bones and, very briefly, a profile with a hand next to it. That basically filled the whole screen, so navigating to the genitals was impossible. :( we are going to get the manual out to see if we can adjust the settings, but I think it has to do with the probes, so we may be out of luck! I do know what I’m looking for, but I’m not very good with getting the right angles, so even if we had the machine set up right I’m not sure we’d get an answer. Either way it was neat to see baby in there moving - even if it was just part of a leg!

@k_mama91 kick counts should start at 28 weeks and it’s 10 movements in an hour. Same time every day, lay down in a comfortable positions, and try to pick a time baby is usually active. If you don’t feel 10 in an hour you are supposed to drink some cold water or juice, walk around for a minute, and try again, if there’s still not 10 movements by end of hour 2, then call OB. ACOG actually tells you to wait “a few hours” and do the whole thing over, but i would be a wreck at that point. I asked my OB office why they don’t give instructions and they said they got too many anxious calls from women who were fine (insert eye roll here!). I always told my pregnant clients that if they ever felt like something was off or if baby’s movements changed significantly (especially later in the 3rd tri) to get checked out. No one knows your body and baby better than you. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wifeinraleigh28 isn’t it amazing what you can see so early? I could’t believe it

@mbradfo2 those are excellent descriptions of what to look for! Much better than the two huge OB text books I have explain it!!! I’ve been studying because we can’t find out until after 14 weeks and we have a 1 hour detailed scan booked for 13+4 (incl NT measurement but also check for other anomalies) where I am sure the OB will be able to tell (but not able to tell us) but she will have to take shots to check everything is developing ok in the genital region, so hoping I can tell myself. Let’s see if that works!

@PoeMasque yeah US machines can be set up so different in their capabilities and settings. I have an old small portable one which I used to treat soft tissue injury to my ankle (unit was provided to me by the physio after showing me what to do each day) and when I was doing multiple stim cycles I thought I could use it to check on my follicles myself... haha haha... quickly learnt Nope, no way that was going to work. But in this case because the US machine really wasn’t powerful enough. DH wouldn’t let me spend 2k on a big machine (Luckily)
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• @PoeMasque Thanks! I knew it was so many an hour and to lay on my left and drink something cold but I forgot about repeating. With ds I made a trip to L&D due to lack of movement at 34 weeks. I’m pretty sure I had done juice, candy, switched positions but felt nothing. It definitely makes me nervous this time having been thru so much to get here. I’ll be the one going in to be monitored every other day 😂
  • @wifeinraleigh28 omg when I was like in my late teens and early 20s, I LOVED bagels and cream cheese lol. I think I ate them for almost every meal.

@sincethelastday I think we are going to hold up our onsies of our favorite college teams and the latest ultrasound pic. Or something like that.
  • @PoeMasque - sounds like quite the adventure with that ultrasound machine! Glad to hear you were able to at least see something, even if it was just a leg “up close and personal” lol. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - glad to hear your US went well! I keep looking back at the photo and video I got of my LO at almost 7 weeks, because it still just blows my mind that I’ve got that little being inside! Hope your next appointment goes well! 

@love112314 - cute idea with the onesies! There are so many creative ways now to announce a pregnancy! 
  • @k_mama91 go in for whatever you need! Nurses would 100% rather have an anxious mama with a healthy baby vs the alternative. 

@emmasemm i SCOURED amazon and eBay for used ultrasound machines with my first pregnancy because I could not imagine going weeks without seeing baby. Thankfully I couldn’t find anything in my “budget”, but IF really does mess with you! I would have never made it without my home Doppler though. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker