November 2019 Moms

~August Appointments~

You guys!! It's August already!! What appointments do you have coming up and what is happening at them?

Re: ~August Appointments~

• @ABabyMarshall - Siblings can be such a comfort :P   I hope everything is resolved and things are within the normal range.

I have an appointment next Thursday to check in on the heartbeat.  Hopefully after that I can go back to monthly...or actually I think I am every 2 weeks now anyway but to not go weekly would be great for childcare reasons.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an appointment to do my GTT and a regular OB appointment next Friday. Honestly now that August is here it seems like things are real(er) now.. Also, the hospital just called to register me for delivery. I mean, I like the whole pre-registering thing but I'm 26w right now! Seems crazy early.

@ABabyMarshall and @Dancer688 FX for good scans next week!
  • Wow that does seem early @creamcheeseplease but get it checked off ✔️ good luck at your glucose testing!!!

@Dancer688 she's a nurse so I trust her but she has terrible bedside manner.. with me, anyway 😜 Good luck at your scan I hope we both get the all clear. And ugh I feel you on the child care, I haven't leaned on family like this to help out since I was in college. Feeling heaps of guilt for my son and asking so much of everyone and their time.
  • BNBTBNBT member
    My next appointment is Monday for the glucose test and regular check up. I'm not looking forward to the results of my glucose test. I was borderline last time and figure I will be the same or that I'll have GD this time around. I'm ok giving up the sweets/sugars (I mean I really miss it, but I can handle it) it's the simple carbs that are so hard for me. I am a carb lover!

@ABabyMarshall I hope your sister is wrong and everything resolves itself! 

@Dancer688 hopefully your next scan looks good and you can go back to your regular appointments. I hate spending any extra time than necessary in doctors' offices.

@creamcheeseplease That's crazy that they called you! I think we have to begin the process at ours on our own. You reminded me to add it to my to do list in the next few weeks, though ha!

• I do a repeat 2 hour glucose tolerance test in about two and a half weeks and have my regular check up at the same time. Cant believe end of this month will mark the start of third tri and switching to biweekly appointments. 

My 3 year old has to come with me to all appointments because i cant afford to put her in daycare for a day for a 1-2 hour appointment nor do I want to take time off of my work days to go without her because that would lose me and hour to 2 hours of pay. Luckily she is really good in the office and typically I make them as early in the morning as I can and bring snacks and her tablet. Not sure what I will do if I have to do twice weekly NSTs again. She might get pretty sick of going with me at that point.
  • gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited August 2019
    I have my monthly check up with my OB on Tuesday. I have tons of questions regarding my VCI and what it means moving forward in regards to labor/delivery options and what her thoughts are on it. From everything I've read/been told, I will not be allowed to make it to my due date since laboring at home can go south very quickly with a VCI. It seems it's common to have an early induction anywhere from 35-39 weeks depending on the OBs opinion and the baby's weight issues. That's a big range and I dont know where my OB stands on the issue. I just feel like I'm in limbo and dont know anything about how the coming weeks will look right now and its stressing me out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have my 28 week appt and glucose screening 8/20. I'm so happy my doctor this time around does them at the same time. Last time I had a completely different appointment at a lab for my glucose test. 

@creamcheeseplease thanks for the reminder! I have a tour at ours in October but feel like I should register beforehand just in case!
  • I'm going in Monday morning to do the glucose test, then have an appointment somewhere around the 15ish to go over the results from that. My numbers were borderline high when I had the initial screening forever ago, and my diet has been bad lately. So gonna (try to) eat good this weekend and hope everything goes well. 

Down to every 2 week appointments now, this will be fun with the new schedule. 
  • @gumby22c that does seem like a huge range. Hopefully you can get closer to 37 weeks if you have to go earlier. 
  • I have a regular OB appointment on August 13. My next glucose test is in September. I passed my first one I had in June. 
  • Next appt is Aug 30 for glucose testing and u/s to check on fibroid.  I've failed the 1 hr with both pregnancies, so expecting the same results this go around.
  • BNBTBNBT member
    @gumby22c That's great news! And I'm sure it's a huge relief!
  • Yay @gumby22c! What a relief. 
  • My BP was pretty high when I got there, and I warned the nurse I was a bit stressed about the diagnosis and that it would probably be better afterward I spoke with the doctor. It was normal when she checked again at the end of the appt thankfully!! Definitely feeling relieved after finally getting some answers!
  • I had my regular 28w appointment a few days early today, and then did the GTT. No one has called yet, so I'll check the portal later to see if the results are there. I'm not sure how long it takes to run that blood work. My measurements were good and baby's HR were good, so I'll go back in about 2 weeks. I am on vacation the week of my week 29 and my OB is on vacation the week of my week 30 and the receptionist was a little annoying about that but ultimately scheduled me with a different OB during week 30. I probably should have made all the other appointments for the rest of the pregnancy, but I was annoyed so I didn't.
  • @creamcheeseplease ugh about annoying receptionist!! the receptionist at my OB is just the worst! She always want to schedule me at the most inconvenient times...like 11am or 2pm or book me with the nurse practitioner because 'everyone wants to see the doctor'...like dude that's why I picked a 1 OB practice. The receptionists can really make or break the experience sometimes. 

• @creamcheeseplease & @mc0303 - I so agree with the receptionist experience being able to break a practice.  My first OB had a receptionist that messed up my appointments so bad I missed the window for 1st trimester bloodwork.  FAIL.  Thankfully, I have had more luck with my next 2 practices and my current practice has worked with me a ton since I have to work around my kids schedules.

Fingers crossed on your results!
  • Great news about your placenta moving @runningfortwo81!!
  • Congrats on a great visit @runningfortwo81!!

@Dancer688 @creamcheeseplease @mc0303 the same thing with the damn receptionist at mine. She gave me attitude about bringing my coffee in with me for AFTER my gtt then had me fill out their contact/insurance/hipaa form because they like to have a copy done every single year. I told her I didn’t have my insurance card with me and that it was all the same as what she had so she literally filled it all out in front of me from the computer screen then handed me the form. I was so irritated.  why lady? Why??

anyway! I also had gtt today. Pretty sure it went fine... their lab is pretty quick so I should know by Tuesday at the latest. I had lentils the night before and the leftovers for breakfast so I have no reason to believe my blood sugar spiked that much. I was SO hungry the rest of the day. Very strange!
  • What's up with all the crappy receptionists? The one at my OB office hung up on me mid-sentence the other day! I was trying to tell her that when the nurse called back with my test results, she could leave them in a voicemail. As I'm trying to tell her, she goes "ok, bye!" and hangs up! There are 3 receptionists in the office, and the other two have been great. But the third one is always the one who calls me and schedules my appointments and I can not stand her. 
  • @runningfortwo81 that’s awesome news! What a relief! Hopefully it keeps moving further away! 
  • @runningfortwo81 that’s great about your placenta! I’m so curious about mine but they won’t check it again until nearly 34weeks!!

must have been something in the collective “receptionist water” this week!!
  • I had a second check on my fluid yesterday and it is in normal range thank goodness 🙌 baby is 1lb 12oz according to the tech (I'm 25 weeks today) Baby girls limbs are still measuring 90th percentile but her head and belly are on point with my EDD. Glucose test is next Thursday and I'm more nervous than I thought I'd be...
  • @runningfortwo81 and @ABabyMarshall so glad you both had good news at your appointments 🤗 such a relief! 
  • My reception seems particularly snarky but usually I just ignore her and tell her I like her hair when she gets it cut. She has been nicer recently since I gave her compliments. I do try to remember they are dealing with pregnant people all the time and not all pregnant people are as amazing as we all are.

Awesome news on the positive changes for everyone! I love seeing anxious things starting to resolve.
  • I had my appointment today. I’m still measuring 2 weeks ahead according to fundal height but this OB said that was within normal range and it isn’t a concern until it reaches 3 weeks ahead. Why that NP had me so stressed a few weeks ago just irritates me. I am already stressing about enough I don’t need this to add to it all. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 so glad this OB was totally fine with it! Such a pain that the NP made you stressed about it. All the inconsistencies are so stressful 😣