Weekly Check-in groups 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 8/19

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? 

Re: Weekly Check-in groups 1&2 (Jan 1-16) w/o 8/19

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8th january / 19+5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out - hopefully on wednesday!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): a gameboy or a 6inch sub

Upcoming Appointments: wednesday - anomaly scan! So excited and nervous at the same time

How are you feeling?: good-ish, mostly good with the odd complaint of sore hips if i stand for too long, tired in the evening, apparently overly emotional (crying about a co-workers sick dog lol).

Rants/Raves: Rants - Its my bil's 18th birthday this weekend so we have mil, bil & sil coming to stay saturday which i really cant be arsed with. Raves - my parents are insisting on giving us money towards the new pram (stroller) for the twins which will cover more than half the cost of it. I argued and refused the offer to begin with but arguing with my mum is pointless as she will always win so i eventually gave in & accepted.

Questions: nothing atm

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? in my last year before going to high school, we got a new young male teacher who was so enthusiastic & an amazing teacher. He has since been jailed for sex with a minor (way after i left school and not a pupil) which was so shocking and devastating as he was the best teacher i ever had.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  19 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy scan next Monday!!!

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good

Rants/Raves: We got DS a baby doll to practice with last weekend and he continues to crack me up when he plays with it.  I figure we've watched Incredibles 2 too many times since he tends to hold out the doll's arm and go "bang bang bang!" with it...lol!  He is also starting to tuck it in with his blanky, but we still need to work on not covering it's face.

Questions: None

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? Either Mrs. Possehl or Mrs. Robison.  Both super encouraged my love of reading!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 8th/19w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: double confirmed team blue at this point 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango although the bump app says a bowl of cereal today and I don't know how that works, also deep bowl, shallow bowl?  Very vague.. 😆

Upcoming Appointments: had Anatomy scan last week, have monthly appointment this Thursday! 

How are you feeling?:  overall still good.

Rants/Raves: feeling tons of movement, basically all day long.  Over the past few days I've begun to be able to feel it externally if I have my hand resting on my stomach and yesterday I was able to see the movement for the first time if I watched my stomach 

Questions: none

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why?  My favorite social work professor is actually my current supervisor.  She's absolutely amazing, continuously teaches and educates without micromanaging or being condescending.  
  • edited August 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/1 20w5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): Palmier Cookie

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife Sep 10, doing pelvic floor physiotherapy on aug 26

How are you feeling?: heartburn and him pain but so far so good!. 

Rants/Raves: Had a good weekend with the family, we went to a festival for the weekend and DD got her face painted and enjoyed some attractions. Was a lot of walking around so by the evening I was just ready to pass out by 8/9 pm. I'm excited the weather is getting cooler..or at least will be fairly soon!

Questions: Anyone else stat nesting or thinking about it. I literally am day dreaming about how I want to deep clean specific rooms in my house and how to organize it all leading up to January.

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? My elementary school English teacher who encouraged my love of reading and analyzing, later lead me to doing a degree in eng. lit

@leprechaunlady very awesome that they are covering the cost of the pram! That was my mom's gift to us as well :smile:
    @valerie4786 exciting about the movement! I am also feeling when holding my hand on my stomach. I'm excited for DD and DH to be able to feel it soon
    @breweber2010 exciting that your a/s is soon!

edit: wasn't done!
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 1st / 20 +5

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato

Upcoming Appointments: september OB

How are you feeling?: tired. Feeling movement all the time but not externally yet.

Rants/Raves: I thought I would be indifferent to the gender, but now that I know, I'm slightly disappointed it wasnt a girl. Oh well! C'est la vie.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? 
    Not really. I liked most of them.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I'm nesting. I cleaned the whole house and started decorating the nursery.
  • @alicia__e the idea of a boy will grow on you I’m sure !! Once I get DDs new room set up then i can get the baby space ready, I’m eager to begin
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 15th, 18+6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke 

Upcoming Appointments: I have an OB appointment next week

How are you feeling?: Feeling Fine. Had a scan last week, but I need to go back as the baby wasn't moving to the right position to see the heart. Found out I have an Anterior Placenta which explains the lack of movement I feel.

Rants/Raves: I have already had trouble sleeping. I feel like it is far too early for this! 

Questions: None yet.

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? I have had many for different reasons. I have to say one of my favorites would have to be one of the Massage Professors (I am a massage therapist) in college. He was full of knowledge but more then book smart, he really got us ready for what it would be like in our practice. I was one of the last classes before her retired. 
  • @chelscreates i have had a lot of "its way too early for this" moments over the past few weeks! lol
  • @leprechaunlady I second that feeling
    @chelscreates seems like a lot of us have anterior placenta's! I would like to mention that I only started feeling regular movement at 20 weeks sharp, and everything before that was sporadic 
  • @leprechaunlady I get it! I was tossing and turning all night. 
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I am not to worried. I feel enough stuff every so often it is fine. I know when it starts to happen I will be wishing for the days of less movement. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+1

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy scan- can't wait

How are you feeling?:  Finally calmed down about everything when we went in just to hear the baby's heartbeat last week.

Rants/Raves: Helped pass an earned paid sick leave ordinance last night in our county.  Our toddler was there in the meeting, which was quite stressful, but I think she did ok. 

Questions: Any one else just use a stethoscope to listen to the heartbeat?

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? Lol.  I'm a teacher now, but I have to say school was quite traumatizing for me.  I guess it would have to be my mom when I was homeschooled for a year.  

Hope everyone's week is going well!
  • @jacru congratulations on team blue! I believe I am having some braxton hicks but not 100% I never had them with DD but am feeling what would be them already which made me nervous. Also on the due date, it doesn't really matter since it will change and is flexible. For example at my recent scan baby is measuring 4 days ahead but the tech said that always fluctuates and they stick with whatever the first scan due date they said was. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 8, 20 weeks 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out on Monday! 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan 8/26

How are you feeling?: Good for the most part! Some pelvic discomfort that comes and goes. I'm starting to feel baby move more consistently. 

Rants/Raves: Our first wedding anniversary is on Tuesday and I finally talked DH into taking an anniversary trip/babymoon over labor day weekend! It sucked that it was last minute (I brought it up months ago but he drags his feet) but everything is booked and the dogs have a sitter so I'm excited! 

Questions:  Does anyone else golf? DH's family does a big tournament in Sept and I'm not sure if I'll still try to play or not. I'll ask at my appt next week too if course. 

GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? My criminal law instructor in college (I'm a paralegal). He always made me write from the defense side because prosecution was my default argument. I do work for a prosecutor now, but I liked that the instructor pushed me to consider both sides. It's made me better at my job. 
  • @brimarie91 I golf, I'm not great but I enjoy it & am learning.  I've golfed several times this summer, plan to next weekend then again mid September. 
  • Had a question that I forgot to ask.  Someone mentioned on another thread that they were going to stop lifting weights overhead at 20 weeks.  Has anyone else heard the same? What is the reason why?  

I can't remember too clearly, but I am sure I lifted weights my entire pregnancy last time, albeit they became very light towards the end.  
  • @ponyoisfun im not sure the reason but I had a personal trainer before when I was pregnant with DD and she wouldn’t let me do weights extended over the head at the half way mark. Maybe it bas something to do with over-stretching abdominal muscles/ fainting etc. Only to shoulder length i believe 
  • @jacru congratulations on team blue! I believe I am having some braxton hicks but not 100% I never had them with DD but am feeling what would be them already which made me nervous. Also on the due date, it doesn't really matter since it will change and is flexible. For example at my recent scan baby is measuring 4 days ahead but the tech said that always fluctuates and they stick with whatever the first scan due date they said was. 
    Thanks! DD wasn't very excited and now keeps crying that she wants as siser. Ugh..3 year olds. 
    I had a bunch after a hot day walking around the zoo but I drank a ton of water and rested and they went away. I havent noticed as many since that day. I had them a lot towards the end with DD but I dont remember them happening this early. I forgot to ask my OB about them at my last appointment, but if they start up again I will. Everything looked fine with my cervix at my anatomy scan, so it's probably fine but it made me worried!

Also for due date, my ob told me the 7th originally and then wrote the 6th on the paperwork for the scan, so thats what they were basing measurements off of. I am sure its no big deal, I'm just more curious why that happened more than anything. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/2/2020 Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Telling everyone we are green, but we just found we’re pink. @alicia__e if it makes you feel any better I actually wanted blue and was a little disappointed when I found out. Weird emotional roller coaster, huh? Baby is the size of a(n): endive Upcoming Appointments: Just had the A/S last week so nothing for another month. How are you feeling?: Not bad. Like some of you I also am starting to have trouble sleeping. Worries me since we have such a long time to go! Some round ligament pain, and my whole body just hurts by the end of the day. But energy is way up and for that I’m grateful. Rants/Raves: Our ultrasound tech was supposed to put the sex picture in a separate envelope-my husband and I planned to open it on our baby moon to England next week. But she put it in with all the other pictures so I found out scrolling through them all in the waiting room! Kind of a bummer. I’m not all that mad, but since it’s a secret I can’t even tell my family/friends! Just you guys and my husband. ;) Questions: I’ve heard some rave reviews about pregnancy pillows. Anyone have thoughts? They just seem so bulky! And feels weird to buy something so big to use for a few months. GTKY: Did you have a favourite teacher growing up and why? Lots of them, bless them all. Mrs. Koogler in second grade, Mr. Byers for geometry, various undergrad profs, and my civ pro and legal writing profs in law school, to name a few!
  • Gosh this app is the worst. My post looks terrible! How has the Bump not fixed this by now? Oh well, sorry ladies!
  • @knotsurewhattocallmyself I bought this pregnancy pillow from Amazon and I LOVE it! It helps keep me on my side, though every once in a while I do wake up on my back. I haven't had any hip pain (yet). The only downside, as you mentioned, is it's huge. We have a king size bed and it's fine at home but we took it with on a weekend vacation a month or so ago and it was tough in a queen. 

PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIQH2VU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  • @ponyoisfun That was me who talked about overhead weights. My previous OB was similarly athletic to me and did the same lifting/workout type stuff so she was a great resource. The premise behind not going overhead once you hit 20w is that the combination of the changing center of gravity, hormones causing you to be more loose in your joints, etc put you more at risk to have bad, injury-inducing form, and you’re more at risk of dropping the bar and hurting yourself. She told me it is more about protecting you than the baby; the baby is plenty protected already.