February 2020 Moms

Any other first time boy moms out there?

kerin40kerin40 member
edited August 2019 in February 2020 Moms
Are there any first time moms having a baby boy? I cannot wait to meet my little boy but I have to admit that I am scared of raising a boy (and my boyfriend doesn’t understand my fears). I think I initially wanted a baby girl just because I’m a girl and it’s what I know. My baby boy is going to be exactly what i need and I am so grateful for him already!

But does anyone else relate to how I feel? Any Mom of boys out there with some tips or encouraging words? 

Re: Any other first time boy moms out there?

• Hi @kerin40 welcome to our group! This would be a great post for the Great Question Thread or weekly randoms. One-off posts are discouraged here. Do you want to copy/paste your question into one of those threads? You will get more responses that way.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Oh I’m sorry! I will definitely post it in one of those. Thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t think this is a one off post! I think it’s a legit discussion. This is something I want to discuss too! @kerin40 and @lelsiL

I have had the exact same thought. I’ve always imagined myself having a daughter and I don’t even know where to start with a boy. I’m a little ashamed to admit it, but I was even a tinge disappointed—though I am also very excited! I was more into our boy name than our girl name choice, but that was my main for-boy reason haha. It’s weird to have to think about to circumcise / not circumcise.... It’s weird to think about raising a boy in 2020, because it is such a strange time in history. My husband and I talk a lot about how we want to raise our son to be sensitive and expressive and loving and curious and kind, while also kindling that all-boy, rough and tumble spirit. I definitely feel like I’m doing a lot more thinking about our parenting, knowing it’s a boy, than I would be if it were a girl. It’s different! What are your fears and concerns? Anyone else?
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • @babylawyer she moved the question to the great question thread and there have been a lot of responses - check it out!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020