edited August 2019 in March 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appts: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Re: Weekly Group 3 Check-in (3/17 - 3/24) w/o 8/19

• EDD/W+D: 3/19, 9w4d (will know actual dates tmrw!)

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Eastern tailed blue butterfly

Upcoming appts: TOMORROW! Finally.

How are you feeling?: less nauseous. My kid made me sick and won’t sleep though, so still feel meh. 

Rants/Raves: DS is killing me today. But he is the best, so I need to woosah it out. Someday he will sleep again...maybe.

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live: If I could speak Italian, definitely Italy. But since that’s a no, I guess Ireland? Maybe Scotland?
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• EDD/W+D: 3/18, 9 wks 5 days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green right now. We may decide to find out this time though!

Baby is the size of a(n): still a pecan!

Upcoming appts: 9/4 for heartbeat and appt w OB

How are you feeling?: mostly tired. Not too much nausea this week. Comes and goes pretty quickly. 

Rants/Raves: feeling guilty but really ready for my second to start back at preschool. 

Questions: anyone have low TSH at first blood draw ? Had an appt at 8 weeks and they took blood and that level was low. They said it can be lower during pregnancy but they will re check next appt 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? A small beach town somewhere. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 3/18/ 9w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap 

Upcoming appts: 9/5 for 12 wk US

How are you feeling?: It’s so hard to peel myself off of the couch. I can nap mostly all day and sleep through the night too. I feel like something is legit wrong with me. Honestly I feel like my immune system is fighting something because I’ve had a minor headache and congestion the past few days. I always get tired when I’m fighting a something but this is really exaggerated. 

Rants/Raves: I’m so glad I’m off of work for the next 2 weeks! Hoping it will help the time fly by until our next US. 

Questions: Has anyone decided that they will not be returning to work (at least FT) once the baby is born? Wondering if anyone has gone through this and how to best approach it. Most articles I find assume you are returning to work after your leave. 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? A lake house where it’s comfortable year round. 
  • edited August 2019
    EDD/W+D:  3/20 9+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue- IVF baby so we knew the gender. 

Baby is the size of a(n): a pop can top???

Upcoming appts: Monday 8/26 (10.5 weeks)

How are you feeling?:  Meh.  At least the nausea has gone from bad all day to only noticeable at night. The fatigue and horrible taste in my mouth are no joke.  The past few days I’ve had mild, and inconsistent pains/aches/tearing (feels like) in different places along my “trunk”.  Some pain under ribs (on and off), some down my abdomen sides and a mild tearing feeling near pelvis.  Being a FTM and 41, everything worries me.  Called my OB today about the discomfort and she said it’s normal and most likely gas.  Who knows? I don’t have a bad feeling that something is wrong, it’s just more of a nuisance.  Anyone else have anything similar?  My descriptions may not be the best, but it’s not a cramp.  Weird.  Anyway... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Rants/Raves:  This taste...it’s horrible.  And, why do I only want carbs, carbs, carbs?!?!?

Questions: Opps- I think I covered that above.  ;) 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?-  Oh, tough one.  We live in Houston (not fans), so I’d say moving back to Cali.  We miss blue water and terrain.  

Congrats all.  Sending y’all positive vibes!!! 
  • @thesherwoods2019 yes on the bad taste in the mouth. I hate it! Last time I’m pretty sure it went away sometime in the second tri. I can’t wait :persevere: I also had serious between the rib pain last pregnancy. I think our ribs expand to make room for the baby. I’ve had twinges now, but it was so bad in the 3rd tri (I kept an ice pad in a cooler by my bed) that I haven’t given the twinges much thought. But with our ribs expanding to make room, it makes sense. Sorry for all your aches!

@faithoverfear716 I had quit my job before getting pregnant with my first baby, but you definitely should check ur HR handbook. My company would have taken back the maternity leave pay if I had quit immediately after my maternity leave was up. I think there was an amount of time I had to work post-maternity leave to keep those benefits/get paid leave. Some companies are more reasonable though!

• EDD/W+D:  3/20   9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): peanut 

Upcoming appts: 9/6. So far away!

How are you feeling?: Decent! Saturday was a little rough but Sunday and today have been good. I don’t feel nauseous much, just hungry and tired.

Rants/Raves: I want to start telling more people! Mainly bc I don’t want to fake drinking, I want to find my sub for work, and I want to start planning various things. But I’m trying to wait until after my apt on 8/6.

Questions: none atm

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Maui. 
  • EDD/W+D: March 18/ 9+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry 

Upcoming appts: Next Tuesday (anxiously awaiting of course)

How are you feeling?: mainly just tired with a little bit of nausea

Rants/Raves: Rants: While I’m glad I have not been throwing up I definitely have other pregnancy symptoms. The most annoying is restless legs which keeps me up at night and aches during the day. Another one is I have been forced to take time off from the gym. I was doing CrossFit before getting pregnant and the plan was to stay consistent until I hit 10 weeks but bleeding and spotting during the last two visits has led me to taking time off. I just want to feel healthy. Rave: I’m happy everyday I wake up and I’m still growing this little babe 😊

Questions: none at the moment 

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Anywhere near the beach would be awesome. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @silverhope seriously I am utterly useless, all I do is lay around and watch TV so I give serious props to STM+ that have to feel like this and deal with children. MAJOR KUDOS.

@faithoverfear716 from what I’ve read, some of the girls on here have said they experience congestion when pregnant and it’s normal. The fatigue def sounds normal. But it’s possible ur body is fighting something! Drink lots of water and get lots of rest! 

EDD/W+D: March 24th. 8w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): popcorn

Upcoming appts: August 28th for 10 wk follow up

How are you feeling?: MS had gone away at week 7 but last week it kicked back up and now I’m throwing up some mornings 😩 You’re anxious if you have no symptoms, and miserable if you do lol Food aversions are going strong - difficult to find anything appetizing so I eat little things every hour otherwise the nausea hits. It’s a struggle!

Rants/Raves: I seriously think they need to make a pregnancy law like maternity leave where you get like a month off work in the first trimester. It is absolutely HELL working as an inpatient (hospital) social worker feeling this way. 

Questions: I just started taking B6 and Unisom today. I find it interesting that one is an energy vitamin and the other is a sleep aid. Kind of weird? Anyone experience any side effects with these? I was told I could do up to 3 doses a day (25mg of b6 and half of a Unisom each dose).

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Hmmm. I live in California so I feel pretty blessed with the weather and options in different activities. I could do without the traffic and high cost of living. But if I had to live anywhere else it would probably be Florida! I love it there - tho I haven’t gone during super humid season. 
  • @faithoverfear716 I didn’t even think about checking with your HR department but that is a good idea. I will say while going back to work after  baby #1 was difficult at first, I am glad I did. I was then and definitely am now. As a teacher I have the summer months off with DD and she can be a handful. Working allows me to be my own person and appreciate the time I have with her. With DD I went back when she was 4 months because she was a summer baby and I took the first quarter off. With this baby I will take off the last 11 weeks or so and have the summer off so the baby will be 5 months by the time I go back to work. Every situation is different so definitely do what is right for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kantobean ooo maui is a good answer. 

@mrsc918 major kudos to you for working while nauseous af! Feigning you’re fine while feeling sick and exhausted all day at work is terrible. At least my “boss” takes naps  :D

• EDD/W+D: 3/19  9w+6 days. Double digits tomorrow! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Southern Pecan

Upcoming appts: 9/4 and it's taking forever!

How are you feeling?: Feeling a lot better these past 2 days. I lost about 12 pounds during this first trimester thanks to serious food aversion. 

Rants/Raves: No real rants, just ready to be able to share the news! I'm so happy to be feeling somewhat normal again. I start tapering off my hormones (from IVF) Thursday, so YAY! 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Hm, that's a tough one! Probably in the mountains somewhere (:
  • EDD/W+D: March 18/10weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appts: tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Miserable most the time. I spent most of my time in bed lately, hoping this stage will pass. :(

Rants/Raves: I've been miserable enough I haven't been able to work. My husband has been doing my night job for me, but it's hard on him to do it all himself but his day job. Of course I want to go back to working with him and having my own money again. He is going to pay my bills this week and keep the rest. 

Questions: not really

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Somewhere with woods and mountains. I enjoyed living in Cherokee NC and Seattle. No idea where exactly I would go though. Maybe Fiji?
  • @mrsc918 that's all I do and I have a 3 year old. :( He's good at amusing himself and I play a kid show for him if he wants to sit down for awhile. I'm doing the best I can, and my husband takes him outside when he gets home from work. We get a lot of takeout. :( 
    I'm really hoping this phase passes soon so things can get back to normal!
  • @acf2020 glad your nausea doesn't stick around too much!

@projectalice hope your appt. goes well tomorrow.

@crookshanks10 I have definitely been able to gain some weight--I weigh more now than I ever have!-- but I have heard losing some in first tri isn't terrible news.

@kantobean +1 on wanting to tell ppl. It's so hard. I am going to tell someone tomorrow bc it's work related, but I don't want to spread it widely until we get genetic results back. Can't wait to do so though! looking at pregnancy announcement ideas makes me cry happy tears bc I hope we make it there.

EDD/W+D: 3/21 9w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appts: not until 9/11

How are you feeling?: still terrible. barely hanging on to finish this check-in & then I gotta get off the computer. I had a good day earlier but for the past few hours nausea--which I thought was at bay so I got online but blahh it's back.

Rants/Raves: Our roommate is moving in Fri. & DH & I are barely not fighting about me moving out of my office bc I am doing as much as I can, truly. Glad we're not fighting but wish it was all done and that it didn't feel like we were about to fight about it all the time.

Questions: Any tips for if being on a computer makes you feel nauseated? School starts Monday & I am going to have to be on my laptop more than I have been. Blah.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? In a combination of New Orleans and Philadelphia.
  • @kagesstarshroom  thanks! Nausea is the worst when you have to still function. 
    I work from home and am on the computer a lot and need to just take more breaks more often. Not sure if that’s possible for you?
    I’m sure you’ve tried all the things but preggo pops (got two types from target) have helped me. Ice cold water/staying hydrated and pretzels/carby snacks. 
    Hope it gets better soon !
  • @acf2020 - Not low TSH, but high levels just prior to pregnancy. I have hypothyroidism, and caught it before conceiving. 

@faithoverfear716 - I really don't want to return to work. It depends on our finances. I mean, I feel guilty that my fur baby is at home while I'm at work, I can't imagine how I'll feel with a baby.

@kagesstarshroom - Sorry about the screen issue still going on! I'd take breaks...sometimes at work I turn off my office lights, because I feel like it's SO bright in my office with the screen it makes my eyes hurt. That probably won't help with nausea though. :/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

EDD/W+D:
    10w 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: DH still wants to find out, and I still don't, but we will.

Baby is the size of a(n): little mini Lego person

Upcoming appts: 8/27/19 - Intake appointment....

How are you feeling?: MS, vomiting has hit me a bit in the last 2 weeks. Last weekend was rough. Thought I was seeing the light, but it came back yesterday. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: Babies first Eagles game tonight, and we're in a suite so free food for us!

Rant....Told DH family last night....one male family member said to him, "I hope she's at least 3 months pregnant, or you shouldn't be telling anybody...."......and that dug at me a bit. Meanwhile, my family wanted to know as soon as the test turned.....

Questions: I was told the intake appointment is a long appointment with lots of questions. What's long? What questions? Why don't they give you the questions before? I think I'm a little anxious.

GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Someplace without snow...with mountains...and maybe clear water....and where our family lived. I'm not really sure.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

• @lusineg What a jerk that male family member is for saying that.  Anything other than variations of congratulations are unnecessary.
  • @lusineg um u are the one carrying the baby, if you don’t wanna find out, you guys shouldn’t find out. You get the most say!

And last time for my intake appt I was the one with a million questions for the doctor (I wanted to know his c-section rate, episiotomy rate, and some other Qs to gauge if he was a right fit). I don’t think they asked me many Qs aside from LMP date.

For my intake appt they made me pee in a cup, took my blood pressure, did a pap (bc it had been over a year since my last one, did a t/v ultrasound, asked me if I wanted to do the NT scan with finger prick (which I do), and then sent me for bloodwork. It didn’t take that long this time. I also remember sitting with my doctor and him introducing himself the first time around.