April 2020 Moms

The Ultrasound Thread

Re: The Ultrasound Thread

• @kalee9 mine is next Tuesday, too! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Wittlebuddy  I am just catching up on this thread and went to reply but see that you already went back and heard a healthy HB!! YAY! I was going to say that happened to me with my oldest. It was the worst 48 hours so I really feel for you. 

Im paranoid and counting the days until my first u/s on 8/29.  I should be just shy of 8 weeks then, but I had a chemical pregnancy in July and never got a period before this surprise BFP, so not positive on my dates. Either way even if Im only 7 weeks then, I should still get a HB. 
  • hello ladies! I had my first appointment today. 
    According to my LMP i should be 7w7d today but baby is measuring at 6w4d. I know when I ovulated so I know I have my dates right. I'm freaking out. That puts my baby 8 days behind. Heart rate was at 125. Doctor doesn't seem concerned and thinks I ovulated late. Has this ever happened to any of you mamas? Please ease my mind 😔
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi @emalue congrats ! thats a great heart rate. According to your LMP if you're 8 weeks (7w7d is actually more like 8 weeks) and baby is measuring 6w4d, that puts your ovulation at 10 days. If you typically ovulate 14 days after your period, then your baby would be 6 weeks, so your baby is actually measuring ahead of that, which i would think is good. Apologies if i got the math wrong in my exhausted brain, but why are you concerned again? 
  • @sanpelligrino my LMP was June 22nd. I typically have a 32 day cycle. It's possible I ovulated late?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Had my first ultrasound on 8/14. At that I point I thought I was just under 7 weeks but ending up pushing me back to just 5w5d. Could not hear the heartbeat but they said heart probably just started beating either that day or the day before and it only measures at 109 bpm. Going back the 28th for another ultrasound to make sure HR speeds up and everything is still looking ok. April 10th is the new due date based on original ultrasound!
  • @emalue do you know when you ovulated? were you tracking it some way? I still think you're fine. If your LMP was June 22nd and you ovulated on July 6th approx(14 days later), and fertilization happened over the next couple of days, that would put your baby's age at 6w3d which sounds accurate according to your ultrasound.
  • @sanpelligrino I'm thinking thr 2nd week of July. I'm just a mess cause I know I'm suppose to be closer to 8 weeks. But I'll take your word for it and try not to stress out so much. Thank you!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Wittlebuddy Congratulations on the heart beat! That's wonderful news!
  • I got my u/s at 5w4d thanks to having an IUD in place. I had convinced myself there was no way I was actually pregnant and that it must be ovarian cancer or something else equally unlikely until I saw this little blob show up. I think I burst into hysterical laughter at that point and got some funny looks from the nurse in the room, but my Dr. was laughing right along with me. Luckily my little blob implanted as far away from the IUD as possible so we're hopeful that removing it didn't trigger any serious complications. There was no HB but I'm not concerned considering how early it is! 
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Wittlebuddy I’m so glad things turned out well!

My first sono is on 9/18 at about 9 weeks based on LMP. 
  • I dont have my first ultrasound until Sept 5th. 😕
  • I'm 7w4d today and my US is 8w1d. Can't wait!! Just trying to pass the time...
  • @mercury94 that is wonderful! Great picture!
  • @ejoseph16 Yay! That’s amazing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Hey ladies... I had my first ultrasound today. Based on my LMP, I should be 8 weeks and 6 days. However at the ultrasound all that they could see was the gestational sac. They couldn't really tell me anything, they said I have to speak with my doctor. I don't really know what this means. I had a D&C on June 4th from my previous pregnancy, then a light period starting on June 26th. My first hpt was positive on July 31. I have no idea when I ovulated. Could this mean anything other than a miscarriage/blighted ovum? I don't know what to do. My doctor is on vacation until next week.
  • @chalmers1993 I wish there’s something I could say to ease your mind, but there’s not. In my case, it didn’t end well. Hopefully your numbers are just off and it ends well for you! Rest, and take care of yourself. 
  • @chalmers1993 would it help if you ask them to check your hcg? With your doctor gone this week it seems like a long time with no answers. Hcg increasing (or not) might help give you a sense of what is going on. 
  • @independentgeorge I have no way of asking for blood work. Maybe its different in Canada but I can't go for blood work unless my doctor refers me. 
  • So jelly of all the US already!! Mine isn’t until I’m nearly 11w :( 9/17 so I’ve got a long way to go and time is just crawling!! 

My doctors office automatically bases all periods on a regular 30 day cycle. I actually have a 24 day cycle 😂 so our maths are little wrong between the two. So for now, I go off of my calculations until the ultrasound and then we’ll see how far babes growing along :) 
  • @reneelanderson I probably won't get my first one until the end of next month unless I wind up at the ER so I feel ya!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I’m stressing. A few people I have told know that I wasn’t ever sick with my other two. And this go around, I’m down for the count. Nothing is helping and I just feel useless lol so they all are speculating twins. 😳
  • Are you ladies receiving these US photos digitally by any chance? Our US tech gave us a small print out of one pic which was sweet but I feel like in the past I’ve heard people receive them online. Going in for another US this weekend.
  • Our first ultrasound isn’t until September 10th, we’ll be a little over 9 weeks along!! The wait feels so agonizing though, I just want to make sure everything is going okay in there. 
  • @liligirl87 Our office emails the photos and prints one. It took me 4 days to get the emailed copy. The one I posted was a photo of the printed photo. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20