Babies on the Brain

WRW August 2019

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favourite back-to-school memory (last day of summer traditions can apply as well)?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW August 2019

• Hi, ladies!

I have been MIA for pretty much all of August (and it looks like I'm not the only one :(, I hope this board hasn't gone quiet again).

When do you think you will start TTC? 
    November 2020

What brings you to WRW?
    Community with like minded indiviudals and to express frustrations and happy moments.

Any R/R?
    Rant - I have been very unwell as you all know. I am not only struggling with depression and anxiety but I also had a bad belly infection. Long story short, I have been out of work for two and a half weeks and today is my first day back. 
    Rave - everyone at work has been so lovely and kind and I'm so happy to be back to a normal routine. Some friends are renovating their house, including the kitchen, so they are coming around for tea (what we call dinner time here in the UK...don't ask me why, I have no idea) so I am excited for that.

GTKY: What is your favourite back-to-school memory (last day of summer traditions can apply as well)?
    Where I am from, when we were in elementary school, we'd get a letter each summer from whomever your teacher was going to be that year with a list of supplies to get. It was always so fun to finally find out who your teacher was and calling all your friends to see if you were in the same class. I'm also a big organizing nerd so I loved going back to school shopping and getting all of my markers and pencil cases, etc.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hi girls!  Sorry I've fallen off since May... summer has been absolutely crazy with planning/hosting my sister in-law's bridal shower and bach party, helping my parents move and sort through all their stuff, and renovating my sunroom!  

When do you think you will start TTC?  So, I was planning on beginning TTC in early June on our anniversary trip as the stars were aligning perfectly.  However, as it came closer I became nervous that I may feel sick and had to plan all the events for for SIL wedding... (Plan A was originally to wait until after the wedding which is less than three weeks now, but I became impatient and moved it to June!)  Anyways, I was nervous so asked for a sign.... the resort we were staying at for the few nights around our anniversary burnt down two days later!!!!  No one was injured, fortunately, and we found another amazing resort... but yeah I took that sign and we are hoping to begin in a few weeks.  :)  

What brings you to WRW?  Cannot stop thinking of babies :wink:

Any R/R?  
    Rant:  I cannot believe that it is the end of August and I haven't had near enough time down the shore this summer and the weather has been beautiful!
    Rave:  After my SIL bach party this past weekend, hubby and I stopped off in Atlantic City to pick up a giveaway we had (yay free cast iron pans!!), had a free buffet brunch, and we each came away with some extra money in our pockets, nice!  Total rare occurrence as I never win.

I loved going back to school shopping!  Picking out first day of school outfit and new sneakers lol.  

@jackie_dunny I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and sorry you are going through that.  At least everyone as your work is super supportive - that is so important and makes everything that my easier!  Stay strong girl   <3
    I also loved shopping for school supplies but found that by the second/third week, I never stayed organized with my pencil cases and such!!  lol
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @ziggymama06 hi there! How's the sunroom coming along? Holy cow re: resort burning down! I would totally take that as a sign as well! Glad everyone was safe. Now that you mentioned it, I haven't been down the shore at all this summer :'( but it's not quite the same here in the UK anyway. How was the bridal party and bachelorette party? What did you guys do? I forgot about planning your first day of school outfit! I used to do little fashion shows for my mom and dad
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny Our sunroom renovations are almost complete... just need to finish laying the floor and paint the doors/moulding.  How are your renovations coming??  For the bach party we rented a house on an inlet of the bay in south NJ that included kayaks, paddle boards, and a peddle boat.  We got lucky with the weather.  It was nice :)  There were tons of duckies and two swans that came up to us looking for food each day.  Are there any beaches near you?  Or perhaps pools, lakes?
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Fall of 2020

What brings you to WRW?
    Chatting with other eventual mamas

Any R/R?
    Rant: I have a sore throat and runny nose and that’s making me a BEAR right now. Naturally I can’t sleep at night because of anxiety laden insomnia, and my little keep me awake all day (even though I want to nap) so I’m never going to get better  :'(
    Rave: I’m doing a photo shoot tomorrow night to celebrate my 30th birthday (it was on the tenth) and I’m super excited! I got my hair done earlier for it and it’s peacock colors  <3

Eh I was homeschooled so I missed out on a lot of normal stuff like this. Getting to go back to dance and away from my parents was cool I guess /shrugs
  • When do you think you will start TTC?: Hoping to have a conversation with the SO about this soon. But it may be a while.

What brings you to WRW?: chat with, and get to know gals in a similar boat. Waiting can be tough!

Any R/R?: I’m starting a new job on Monday! I’ve been in banking for the last 11+ years so this is a major massive shift for me. I’ll be working for a nonprofit dedicated to helping teachers and school systems provide quality education across the globe. I’m a little nervous because it’s outside of my area of expertise but also very excited to get to be a part of such an important mission!

GTKY: What is your favourite back-to-school memory (last day of summer traditions can apply as well)?: when we were teenagers my mom would take my sister and I to the mall for back to school shopping. She only ever wanted to go to the Christmas tree shop so she’d hand my sister and I each 100 bucks and send us on our merry way. Usually we’d find her exactly where we left her, and since she was never ready to go when we were, she’d hand us each another $20 to keep shopping with. Sometimes this would happen a few times over before she was done lol. My sister and I had a blast shopping together and my mom got to peacefully shop without brooding teenagers. It was a win for all!
  • Oh! @ivyvines6 I love your hair! I miss having short hair!!! Easy to style, dried super fast, plus it was cute as hell!! I did an oil slick type thing last year, sort of ombré from my natural color and it was fabulous! Whoever did your color did an outstanding job! It’s just beautiful!
  • @ziggymama06 wahoo! That's co close to being done! Our rennovations are nearly done but we've kind of just stopped now :D We still have to paint the skirting boards in a gloss and that's about it so it's kind of fallen to the wayside at the moment. Was this bay you're speaking of LBI by any chance? LOVE it there! The nearest beach to us is about 45 minutes to an hour away and the nearest decent beach is about 2-3 hours. It's mostly the weather that's kept us from visiting this year. Doesn't really ever get that hot in the UK. I think the hottest day here so far was in the high 80s MAYBE low 90s and everyone was freaking out. I was just like LOL.

@ivyvines6 oh no! I hope your cold goes away quicker than you think it will. i absolutely LOVE your hair! It's gorgeous!

@thesquidsmom How's the new job been so far? Your shopping experience is so funny! I bet you would try to shop as quick as you could so you could run back and get more money before she was done :D
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny Your renovations are almost complete!!! Yay!!  I totally get that just pausing because it looks "good enough" for now and your tired of putting effort into the reno and want to relax!  lol...  The bach was actually on the opposite side of the bay from LBI in Berkeley Township.  I do love LBI too... anywhere down the shore I love!  80s and 90s are warm enough to have a beach day and an hour drive isn't too bad.  I hope you will squeeze a day in before summer is over.

@ivyvines6 I love your hair!!!  That came out absolutely amazing!  My sister is a hairdresser and always has fun hair... I'm so jealous.  I work in finance and can't really do anything too fun... I miss my younger days and hot pink highlights!  Happy 30th!!!  How was the celebration?  What did you do?  Hope you feel better soon... I actually woke up yesterday with a sore throat, ugh.

@thesquidsmom Your new job sounds so exciting, congrats!  How is it going so far?  Have you spoken to your SO yet, how'd that go??  Love your shopping story!  I love the Christmas Tree Shop and could totally see myself doing that with my kids someday lolololol
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @ziggymama06 oh don't be fooled, the days that it's in the 80s are few and far between :D Most days are probably in the high 60s-mid 70s in the summer. I kind of like it that way though. And it doesn't get too cold in the winter which is also nice. I'd say it's typically in the low 40s? And only snows about once a year which is LOVELY.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny That weather sounds absolutely perfect!  Spring and fall in NJ are my fave... I like summer because of the beach but hate the humidity - sweating and frizzy hair lolol!  That way you can enjoy being outside all year round, with just a light jacket :)
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • So far so good! @jackie_dunny and @ziggymama06!  It’s been mostly orientation type stuff and some training on the systems, but everyone is super friendly so far and the benefits are unbelievable! I haven’t had a chance to talk with boyfriend yet. He was away last weekend and has to fly out tomorrow morning to visit his very ill aunt. I figure it would be best to wait until after his trip just in case my emotions get the best of me. I’d hate to leave things unfinished or on not-so great terms Before he goes... and my birthday is on the 8th so it may be best to wait until after that too... ugh
  • @ziggymama06 Yeah, I love the weather here. You definitely need a warm jacket in the winter but at least you don't have to deal with ridiculous amounts of snow. Spring and Fall in NJ were also my favourite.

@thesquidsmom Glad the new job is starting off alright! As annoying as it is that it's going to have to be put off for a little, I agree with you on waiting until after the visit. At least you have a plan in mind. That's always the first step. Plus, now you get to gather your thoughts first. Just keep in mind that while this has been on your mind for a while, it might not have been on his so he won't have his responses and such prepared like you will. I always have to remind myself of that.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I'm totally jealous of that weather.  We experienced "false fall" weather here the past few days and I'm not ready for winter yet!!!!   :s

@thesquidsmom Glad to hear your new job is going well.  Having nice coworkers totally makes a difference and great benefits always help!!!  Sorry to hear about SO ill aunt.  Agree that this isn't the best time for a life-altering conversation.  You are golden for waiting until after your Bday too!  I don't think I would be able to hold it in and probably blurt out something like he should put a baby in me as a birthday present! lol   :D
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • Well @ziggymama06 and @jackie_dunny I think I’ll wind up talking to him when he gets home (after he’s settled in of course), I don’t think I can wait until after my birthday... He’s either sending out crazy signals or I’m reading into things too much. Either way the whole thing is driving me a bit batty tbh. Lol @jackie_dunny I like your style I may just say that too him on my bday!! I’ll keep you all updated on that front.