February 2020 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Dreams

Let's hear all those hormone-induced dreams you've been having! 

Re: Pregnancy Dreams

• Options
    I can’t stand an empty discussion so I’ll start with a dream I had with my first pregnancy. I dreamt I gave birth to a turtle. But that wasn’t the strange part. I vividly remember struggling to get the diaper on with the huge shell and tail. I’m thinking it was just anxiety around being a FTM. I’ve heard having dreams about non-human babies are fairly common. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so glad you started this thread--I was thinking about it, because I've had some weird ones.

I dreamed that a middle school English teaching position opened up last minute at my husband's school and they were desperate to fill it. Other than being a lawyer, that's like, my dream job, so I applied and they were like, you've got it and you start immediately. I was super excited, decorating my classroom and working on my syllabus...when it hit me that I needed to give my boss at least a month or two's notice to transition my cases to a different attorney. Then I started freaking out and I woke up.

Today, I dreamed that a fictional 17 year old client of my office (and he really looked like the child he was) got rearrested on his way to his first roll call appearance in court, and that the arresting officers used way excessive force. I was so ferociously angry, that I started yelling and chanting, and one of my colleagues joined in, and then the other people waiting outside the courtroom for their appearance joined in, and then people started spilling out from the clerk's office and the court to watch or join in. All of the lawyers in my office came and soon it felt like the whole building was shaking from all of our voices. I'm sure if my alarm hadn't gone off that would have ended with my getting arrested lol. But that would have been so worth it.

I've dreamed several times that I'm nursing, and then once or twice have woken up the next day and my boobs actually have discharged something, which is...interesting.

I dreamed I got a MASSIVE cake all to myself at an event, like a giant chocolate smash cake situation, with homemade buttercream icing. Everyone at the party got their own, and they didn't give us silverware, so we just went to town on those cakes. Ate a giant slice and then didn't think I could eat any more actual cake, so I started licking the icing off. I woke up so happy.
    First baby due February 21, 2019
    Located in Columbia, SC
  • Options
    Last night I dreamt that I had the baby in my son's school because I didn't want to be late for pick up. It was so kooky because no one seemed to react to me in labor, delivering and then just walking to his class with a messy newborn after leaving a heinous crime scene mess in my wake. 
  • Options
    2 nights ago I dreamt I was in labor, and woke up really slowly during the dream, to the point that I was wondering if I really was in labor. Then came to and remembered I'm 15 wks pregnant and def not in labor, haha.
  • Options
    I've had SO MANY.

Recently I had a dream I gave birth to a puppy.

I also had a dream the other night that no one showed up to my baby shower except a couple people and my grandmother who has recently passed. I got one gift and it was for $10.50 to a deli. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Had a dream that baby came early, and we were not prepared! Didn't have diapers so baby had a towel wrapped around him. I wasn't producing milk and we didn't have any formula yet. I also kept losing him! Oh man. But the feeling of holding a sweet little baby is lingering with me this morning and giving me ALL the feels 😍
  • Options
    I have weird dreams legit every night now, I can’t even keep track of them anymore! Interestingly, I’ve only had like one baby-related dream- I was getting ready to give birth in a hotel lobby in this big, throne-like chair with my sister there. And everyone thought it was normal haha.
  • Options
    babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited October 2019
    I wish my most memorable dreams would stop being the overly emotional ones that I wake up full on sobbing from! 

IRL facts first, my Mamaw passed in 1995, Papaw passed in 2004 a few months before my younger sister was born, and my Aunt passed in 2013. I was my grandparents only granddaughter they knew, papaw was in a nursing home and couldnt talk and was seminresponsive the last bit of his life, so he was told my mom was expecting but never met his 2nd granddaughter, a fact my sister feels sad for sometimes. But she was definitely my Aunt's little girl! I was always spoiled the most by my Papaw being his only granddaughter. 

Ok on to the dream! 

I wont bore you with all of the extra details, but I guess my sister and I had an email address that we sent an email to my Aunt  and got an immediate response from her. 
    Mom was telling me it was cruel to play a joke like that on my sister so I sent another email to the same address to prove it wasnt me, but wrote to my Papaw. Another immediate response and I was reading it aloud to her. I got to a line that said, "Mamaw and I are so proud of you for everything. We have your precious baby here with us, we won't spoil the surprise for you [of what I assume was boy or girl], but they can't wait to meet you."

The email wasnt done at that point but apparently it's where my emotions break but I woke up sobbing. 
  • Options
    @babyroma Aw :) that’s very touching.

My dreams finally tapered off but have come back with a vengeance he last couple nights. Nothing disturbing or anything but it makes me feel less rested when I have like a million dreams every night!
  • Options
    @babyroma that is so very sweet! My grandmother would say that it is their way of telling you from the beyond that they know how your doing.
  • Options
    I haven't been having baby-related dreams yet, but lately my dreams have become sooo high adrenaline. I feel like I'm in an action movie. I actually get upset at all the MOTN peeing I have to do. Last night a group of us had stolen some artifact from private collectors that really belonged in a public art museum and had to do all kinds of amazing things to escape. I was shimmying up telephone poles, jumping across a roof, etc. Maybe it's my brain realizing my body can't do anything cool and risky right now...
  • Options
    Had a second dream that no one showed up to our baby shower LOL. It was so sad.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    I’ve had two dreams now where I end up yelling at my mother for taking my baby from me in the first I was having issues breast feeding so my mom strapped on this contraption that reminded me of meet the fockers and tried to nurse her but I started screaming at her and said she would go on formula before she became confused about who her mother is then last night I had put her down for a nap and when I went back to check on her she was gone I panicked and started looking everywhere and calling for someone to help me find my baby when I came into the living room my mom was just casually sitting on the couch and says oh her temperature seemed low so I dropped her off at the ER then I started screaming at her about how she could take my baby without talking to me because I am her mother

• Options
    @noxacanthus I had a similar dream a while ago! Dream H was saying how stressed I was so he kept giving me heroin to calm me down, and then I remembered after he injected me the 3rd time that I was pregnant and started wondering if that would be bad for the baby lol.. Not into drugs or smoking or anything, so it seemed pretty random!