Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 8/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 8/20

• Loading the player...
  • @emeraldduchess have fun getting your classroom ready! Does the room get cleaned over the summer or do you have to do that?
  • @bows22 I used to never get cavities but in the last few years they're popping up from time to time. I hate getting fillings because the numbness can last for what feels like forever and you can't eat right lol. Hope you get a clean bill of tooth health 😄
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 good luck at the dentist! I am always worried about cavities too. I had a lot of work done on my baby teeth (fillings, pulpectomy) so I always have that in the back of my mind! Thankfully I have really strong adult teeth. I don't have to do the deep cleaning of my classroom, which is nice. We have an amazing custodial staff who keep the building spotless. I decluttered the room back in June so I just have to unpack textbooks and decorate. 
  • @inthewoods23 good luck at your ultrasound today!! I hope you get good news!
  • @emeraldduchess have fun setting up!! That must be one of the best parts!

@bows22 GL on your cleaning! We have a Waterpik flosser and I feel like that's been a game changer for us! 

@inthewoods23 I know I keep telling you this, but I am so stinking excited for your FET! Keeping everything possible crossed for you, friend!! 

@b_1029 so sorry you're feeling crummy, it's the total worst! Hopefully you start to feel better quickly!

@rachelg777 Glad you didn't lose everything in the fridge!! FX for O too!

@kpearse99 Hang on, follies!!!! Hope you have a great day in ATL though!!! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 hahaha yes for the BSC H being added to the mix!!! Seriously, though, that’s awesome of him!! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @inthewoods23 glad it’s a good day! That is the story of MH and I’s lives lol, he always stays up to watch things and then I never end up catching up. Was The Boys good? 

@kpearse99 everything is crossed here hoping you don’t ovulate quite yet! Hope you can enjoy exploring the city today.

@mvt2003 Lol I love the new lunch containers, it’s the little things!

• @b_1029 hope your stomach bugs goes away!

@rachelg777 power going out is the worst! Glad you don't have to throw anything away. There's probably times we should after outages but O figure if the fridge was never opened it's probably okay 😬 The Boys was good! Would recommend watching.

@kpearse99 have fun in the city! That's nice that you have the opportunity for fun and not being "on" the whole time.

@mvt2003 go YH for his enthusiasm!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Good morning ladies! 

Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAUDTGKU: BBT, OPK, prenatal, maca, going to try SMEP. I didn’t start until cd 10, but I think that will be okay.

R/R: Nothing really. My sister came over to hang before I woke up this morning so Im over here secretly bumping. 

CS/Q: We stopped HIO as soon as O was confirmed last cycle. I didn’t really even think about going after that, but SMEP wants you to keep going. Does everyone do that even without SMEP? 
  • Month/Cycle: 15/11/1 AL#2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Benched...SHG next cycle and will restart Letrozole the next cycle & add in progesterone.

R/R: Heard from my RE’s office this morning and all my RPL testing came back normal/negative. That’s definitely good news, even though we are wanting a clear answer!

CS/Q: None. 

@emeraldduchess hope you have a good day getting your classroom all set up & organized! 

@bows22 hope you have a good dentist appt with no cavities!! I’m always nervous about cavities too, even though I know I do all that I can with brushing/waterpik.

@inthewoods23 yay, hope you have a great US today and get the all clear!! 

@b_1029 hope you get to feeling better!! 

@rachelg777 glad the power came back on before you had to empty the fridge! We had to do that with a power outage last year, and it was no fun! Yay for cooler temps at least! 

@kpearse99 fingers crossed your follies hang out a bit longer! Hope you have a good day exploring the city today, and your training goes well later! 

@mvt2003 hope this plumber fixes the issue! Plumbing problems are such a pain! That’s awesome YH is on board for starting supplements! What is he going to be taking? The RE mentioned that DH could take Fertilaid, so we need to look more into that. The 3 pills a day thing seems kind of crazy...but if it’s beneficial, than I’d say it’s totally worth it! 

@whitealbum29 I only use the app, and it’s definitely glitchy at times, but it’s not too bad! I read your post in the Randoms thread...I bet they weren’t even paying attention! So sorry though, I would have been super embarrassed too! 

@photographerwife haha, I’ve secretly bumped around family a bit, but it’s tough since it says “Trying to Get Pregnant” on the top of the screen! We continue EOD slightly after O (just in case), but then it’s more random after that. 

• @photographerwife I feel so lame even saying this after @shamrocandroll 's last SMEP cycle, but we didn't do the +1, we gave up at O day. We were just exhausted, haha. So old and lame! Last month, O day was CD16, and we did CD8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. I mean, I'm still here in WTO, so obviously not an expert, but I felt ok with our decision. I feel like the +1 day is to cover you in case you O later than you assume. 

• @whitealbum29 GL with the app! 

@mvt2003 FX they are able to get it fixed. I love the container store! 

@kpearse99 I’m glad you had a good night! I hope you go home to big follies! 

@rachelg777 I hate when the power goes out! Our power went out the entire before thanksgiving last year and I had a ton of cooking to do! 🙄

@b_1029 I hope you get to feeling better! 

@inthewoods23 I hope you get good news with your US today. 

@bows22 I hope your dentist appt. goes well. I hate the dentist. And I’m always nervous about cavities too:/ 

@emeraldduchess Have fun getting your classroom ready! That’s nice that the staff keeps everything nice and clean. 
  • @bluetickgal we switched his daily multivitamin from GNC's house brand to Go Dog Go from Best Nest Fertility. He's also supplementing with ginseng to help with overall energy. 

• @inthewoods23 I hope everything goes great today!

@b_1029 ugh I hope you feel better soon. 

@rachelg777 oh I’m glad the stuff in your fridge is OK! Waiting for the power to come back on is the worst feeling 

@kpearse99 stay put, egg!! A drink on a rooftop bar on a business trip sounds awesome! That would be bad news for me because the coworker I travel with is a close friend and we always seem to drink too much as it is. 

@mvt2003 we have a waterpik but stopped using it once we moved because there is a dumb pedestal sink in our bathroom and no place to put anything. I agree it is amazing though! Someday we will get a new sink. 

@whitealbum29 glad you found the app! I like using it but it might be because I don’t know any better haha

@photographerwife i like to HIO once after O just for good measure but if I’m fairly confident of O, +1 or +2 feels like enough 

• @bows22 SO many hugs, I'm so sorry. I would 100% have been triggered too. 

Also, my co-worker's dentist recommended she buy the cordless waterpik and leave it in the shower, total game changer! 

• @whitealbum29 I hate using the mobile app - if you know some secret, please share! lol  how's YH feeling about doing the SA?

@inthewoods23 I really am lucky that we don't have to be "on" all the time when we travel.  The travel is usually pretty low-key.  We always fly in the day before, so we have that night to do whatever, then the day of the training we do a little bit of work remotely and then just kind of chill.  Do the training and then go out for a late dinner/drinks after to talk about how it went and what we could do differently.  Then we go home the next day.  I really can't complain once I am here, I just hate all the planning it takes to actually travel and being away from my family.

@photographerwife we tend to keep up with EOD a bit after O.  And then we pretty much HIO whenever after that.  It's nice when the pressure of FW is over!

@bows22 my coworker is a good friend too!!! I love that I get to travel with her!  We have worked at 3 different jobs together and someone we always end up right back next to one another! It's always comforting having a piece of home with you when you travel, so I'm grateful for her!

I got another peak OPK this morning! So I'd love to see another peak one tomorrow in the hopes of holding out for my monitoring appointment on Thursday and hopefully an IUI on Friday... but I dunno! I'll keep taking these peaks though as it moves my FW by one day on my apps haha
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bluetickgal I’m on mobile, so thankfully it doesn’t say that anywhere real big! I’m glad you got good news! 

@mvt2003 right! Thankfully I normally O Earlier. I’d be worn out! Especially from FW HIO. 😂 @bows22 I think we’ll plan on doing at least the day after in case the egg is still viable. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before! 

@bows22 so sorry about the dentist:( Its always nice when people try to be conversational, TW: but I wish people would just mind their business about pregnancy and ttc unless it’s brought up. I hope you have a good afternoon! 
  • @bluetickgal looks like you posted while I was still typing and I missed you! I feel like that happens a lot! I’ll see other people replying to you and realize! Anyway I’m glad you got good news even though it doesn’t really give you an answer. Good news is still good ❤️
  • **lurking from TWW

@photographerwife So, SMEP says to do EOD until a + OPK, then do 3 days in a row, then skip a day, and do one more.  For me, my last EOD put me at -2, then I got a +OPK the next day, so that put me at -1, O, +1.  At that point, my OPKS, cervical position, and temps all solidly confirmed O, so I didn't do the skip and then one more HIO because it would have put me at +3, and seemed silly.  But... I also had sex 13 times my last cycle because I started SMEP on CD8 and then O'd super late.  I was completely exhausted, like @mvt2003 refers to, haha.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @gingermama29 I'm 100% with you on the healthier habits! I've lost 70 lbs to help TTC, but morale has been flagging lately. I've kept the Healthier Habits thread revived the past few weeks, hoping having some of that accountability will keep me going. 

I've actually been wondering if I should speak to my GYN about PCOS. I know I do ovulate, but I have a couple of the "traditional" PCOS signs (weight gain, some hair issues) and feel like given my 1 year of TTC, I probably should mention it to her. 

• @gingermama29 I want to get back to healthier habits too, and also always have an excuse. My motivation is currently saving money (packing a lunch/eating at home is usually both cheaper and healthier!) but that’s really it.  So I’m not much help. I keep thinking I should join in the healthy habits thread like @mvt2003 mentioned but I feel like an imposter because I’m not totally committed. 
  • @mvt2003 that weight loss is impressive! It definitely couldn't hurt to have that conversation. Prior to my own weight loss, I went nearly 3 years without a single period and have always struggled with being overweight. Those were my main PCOS symptoms that I went to my doctor with. I'll have to check out the healthy habits accountability thread. 
  • @mvt2003 oh, I may look at that vitamin...DH just takes a One A Day multi now. The FertilAid seems expensive, and we don’t even really think he has an issue, so I hate to switch to that if it’s not really necessary.

@kpearse99 fingers crossed you get peak for another day and you can still schedule the IUI this week!

@photographerwife thanks! That’s good it’s not like that on mobile!

@bows22 haha, it happens to me too...as soon as I post, I’ll see someone else just posted! Yay for no cavities!! I’m so sorry for the trigger though!! Sending hugs! 💜 And yes, I’ll take the good news for what it is!

@gingermama29 thanks! Way to go on losing the weight before! I lost around 40 or so a few years ago and have crept back up 10 lbs or so. I’ve been trying to lose the extra 10 for quite some time, and really want to focus on getting that done over the next few months! I track my food in My Fitness Pal, but take the weekends off as a treat. I also eat the same thing every day for breakfast & lunch during the week (egg muffins for breakfast & salad with baked chicken for lunch), so that helps me regulate calories pretty well...then dinner is always something different. I have my FitBit synced to My Fitness Pal, so that motivates me to work out because it gives me more calories to eat when I exercise! ☺️ DH and I try to help motivate each other by doing the elliptical in the evenings, and then doing something active on the weekends when we can. But I can tell you, it’s a team effort...like last night, I got home and DH hadn’t done the elliptical, so I didn’t either...even though I had every intention to before I got home! Is there something active you and YH could do together that would help you stay motivated? Or you and a friend? Having someone else to do it with me has always helped me! 

@mvt2003 awesome weight loss!! Sounds like talking to your doc about PCOS wouldn’t be a bad idea. They were able to diagnose me by doing some bloodwork and an US. I didn’t have the typical elevated testosterone & hair growth, but I had basically everything else! Do you have longer cycles even though you O on your own? 
  • @bluetickgal Thanks! It's taken me 2 years, so it's just been slow and steady! Honestly, my cycles are relatively short - the shortest I've had is 24 days, and the longest is 32. Those 2 cycles were back to back btw. I mostly stay between 26 and 28 days. I've never felt like I was a candidate to have PCOS, but I'm feeling like it won't hurt anything to ask to be tested, right? I gain weight very easily, and I have some hair growth on my chin and chest. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I'm crazy to even wonder, you know? 

@gingermama29 I gained a ton of weight in college (already was not a small person!), and went 6 months without a cycle, my "doctor" at the time just handed me a bc pack and told me that would help. I've fought with my weight for most of my life. 

@bows22 Ha I'm struggling to be committed myself! No judgments over here! 

• @mvt2003 that’s awesome...slow & steady is the best way to help keep it off I think! I don’t think you are crazy to wonder at all! From what I understand, there are different types (insulin resistant & not and maybe others...I researched like crazy when I was diagnosed but don’t remember it all now) of PCOS that cause different symptoms. Once I was diagnosed and started researching, I realized how many symptoms I had that I didn’t even know could be attributed to it! Definitely couldn’t hurt to ask! 
  • @m6agua glad to hear things are slowing down at work! That’s such a good feeling! Just in time to get some HIO in for impending O👍
  • @shamrocandroll you are such a trooper for that! FX it pays off! 
    @gingermama29 I feel you on the healthier habits! I need to as well. Ive been thinking about joining weight watchers, but I need to research more. I tried keto for a bit earlier this year, and it was okay, just hard to maintain imo. Sweets are my weakness. and carbs. lol

Thanks for all of the smep advice everyone!

• @m6agua Im glad things are calming down for you, FX with O!
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6, 2nd AL

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, OPK, flying back and forth to AZ where SO is working ATM

R/R: Going to miss the FW this month because my SO will be in India for 10 days  :( , had a productive day at work today after a long weekend with my family

CS/Q:  Nope

@rachelg777 nice chart!  I can never get all the solid blue dots ha