Trying to Get Pregnant

Help

I know this probably sounds like a dumb question. But hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant (on our own) for about a year. For the last two months, I’ve been taking clomid and my period was due today but I don’t feel pregnant. Has clomid worked for any of you all? If it has, how long has it taken? And if not, what he worked for you in the past? I’m 32, and I feel like time is ticking. Not to mention my kiddo is already 7, I really don’t want him to be 10 years older than a sibling. Please give me advice if you can. Thank you in advance!

Re: Help

• Maybe talk to your doctor?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, I'm with @misshelen86 , I sure feel old now. 
    This is the kind of thing a doctor needs to look into, as everyone else stated.
    Not the sort of thing just to ask as you're flying by.
  • @misshelen86 I’m the same as you. I am also older and don’t even have 1 kid yet either 😑
  • Look... this is my first time being on here, first post, and when I had this app before with my son, everyone was so helpful and nice. Not rude. I didn’t mean to offend anyone! Honest! I’ve had multiple miscarriages and been through the ringer. I was only asking for help. 
    Stop being so awful towards others! I’ve seen several threads like this! And if I’m saying “could I be pregnant?” That doesn’t mean I’m pregnant! I’m almost certain that I’m not. 
    Im really not understanding where I’m supposed to fit in or if this app is even going to be helpful for me. 
    Thanks for being so cruel and nasty!
  • Actually..... he prescribed it, I’ve never seen this dr before, I just know I wanted to get pregnant. He didn’t diagnose me. With anything. Just said I’m “probably not ovulating” so... there’s no monitoring or anything... apparently he’s doing this wrong
  • Actually actually Ms. better than you... I saw the names of the post. I didn’t open and read the threads. THIS is why I mean by rude mean and nasty ladies. THIS kind of thing!
  • edited August 2019
    Yes @inthewoods23 I am using OPKs and no he didn’t monitor to see if air wasn’t ovulating. He had an US done and said my uterine lining is way thicker than the average person. He said I’m probably not ovulating at all, put me on the Clomid for 6 months, said that if I’m not pregnant by then they would look at Hubby.
  • I never implied I was better then you...
  • @dpchickens thank you for your kind understanding response. I am sorry for anything that I have said that has pissed everyone off, but I’m new to this. I figured that “trying to get pregnant” would be the perfect place for someone who is “trying to get pregnant” so everyone else please pardon my confusion...... no I didn’t “lurk” anywhere else, this is the first place I went to because well... I want to get pregnant... GEEZ some of you girls jump to conclusions and are so bitter. No offense but nothing that is happening with you is MY fault, I’m just here to ask questions and look for support, like others.. or so I thought...
  • @dumbledoredies.... what is your problem. I’m new to this page... hell im new to this app. Miss me with that “lurking” BS.. I have better things to do with my time than lurk. I got on, “trying to get pregnant” was the first group I tried to join because it was the only one that made sense...... and I saw all kinds of similar posts (by name *rolling my eyes*) so I thought this was the place I was supposed to be. Still am not clear where it is that I’m supposed to ask these questions... I wouldn’t be asking them if I were pregnant... 🤔
  • @NYTino24 I don’t feel that I owe anyone an apology. My goodness! I have been thrown under the bus enough first thing this morning! Where am I supposed to ask these questions if I’m not yet pregnant but I’m trying to get that way??? 
  • @mercury94 thank you for your response. I didn’t exactly know where I should post about trying to get pregnant so I thought “trying to get pregnant” would have been the right group of ladies to talk with 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @bows22 I was NOT referring to YOUR reply... sorry I’m new learning how to reply to everyone.
  • @misshelen86 @mindyb2019 and @ottergirl81... I didn’t mean to offend you all or anyone! And none of that is MY fault... Im sorry if I upset you all... I sure didn’t mean to. Gosh. I only wanted help like I’m pretty sure most of these women do.
  • And to everyone else.... I am not pregnant. I tested about a week ago, negative and then tested again this morning... not pregnant. So... I guess you all are happy now???? I dread even taking a test, because I know it’s going to be negative, but we want one so bad that Hubby talks me into testing because we want that positive so bad. 
    Be understanding ladies. I’m a very sweet, understanding person and would help anyone in ANY thread if I knew answers. 
  • @NYTino24 yeah... I think it’s pretty rude to call someone a lurker or make comments that make it seem like I intentionally posted in here when I didn’t know where in the heck I was supposed to post! And did that comment you just responded to say your name at all????? Nope... didn’t think so. I was apologizing to those ladies for offending them by my ORIGINAL post which was not intended to offend anyone. I will not apologize for posting what I have posted to anyone who has jumped to conclusions about me. Thank you! ☺️ I hope you have a LOVELY day.
  • @jrouge12 that is what it is supposed to be 🤷🏼‍♀️