January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 8/12

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 8/12

• Options
    @marebear15 so exciting! It all seems to be progressing really quickly for you despite the few hiccups!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15 it looks so good! I agree, it does seem to be moving right along. Can’t wait to see the end result! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 it's so exciting to see the construction phase where there are tangible progress. So exciting.

The gif for this week reminds me of a random video I saw on Facebook this morning with an elephant charging a safari vehicle in Kruger national park in South Africa. 
  • Options
    @biolprof we went to S.A on honeymoon & did safari in Kruger, which was amazing! thankfully we didnt have any charging animals though! lol
  • Options
    @marebear15 looks great!!

Totally watched someone in front of me get sideswiped this morning. It wasn't even like it should have been a close call. The other person just didn't look before merging. It was so dumb. 

and then this craigslist posting for a crib "Unfortunately, kid grew-up and no longer needs this crib." LOLOL. I think that's what kids do :P
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack yikes on the accident.  We have a new roundabout in town and it causes more havoc than its worth.  

I got mom shamed by a friend of mine today because I work fulltime.  She said I just don't know how you're going to work after the 2nd baby comes.  I've been stewing on it all afternoon. I already have anxiety when I leave my 2 year old, and it's only 3 days a week.   Why would she say that....
  • Options
    Submitted my request for a breast pump this afternoon & just got approved for it AND it's already shipping out!  Seriously, the Aeroflow Breastpumps website is the easiest process ever!
  • Options
    @fishakris I'm sorry that happened!  It's super frustrating. 
  • Options
    @fishakris im sorry about your friend! people really need to piss off and mind their own business and be more mindful of what they say. I've had several people already commenting that surely i wont be going back to work after i have the twins (we already have 2.5yo) when i most definitely will, im not made for being a stay at home mum & having 2 more children isnt going to change that.
  • Options
    @fishakris - I got mom shamed a lot with my first. Most of the ladies around me either stop working or go part time after they have their first child. I still have a lot of guilt about it, but I've learned I'm a better mom when I'm working, and they don't know that, but I do.
  • Options
    @fishakris Imma be a full time working mama too. It's not the 80s anymore where women quit working the moment they start poppin out kids. If that's what some women want to do, that's awesome and I commend them for that. But I know I would be driven nuts if I was a stay at home mom. Heck I know one girl who runs her own business from home, who wants to make enough so that her BF can be a stay at home dad for her (which is also what he wants) when they start having kids. No one should feel shamed either way they do it.

We also wouldn't be able to do it financially. We have to have two incomes to live where we live. 
  • Options
    I'd really like to know where my second trimester energy boost is. I'm just so lazy. I don't want to do anything. Even things that normally bring me joy seem like too much effort. No, I'm not depressed. I'm just blah. I don't know if it's the threat of endless summer? Or if it's the mass crowds of tourists and back to school sales. But, I feel just completely MEH. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I feel ya but I'm on the "I don't want summer to end" side. It's not too hot and I'm still a bit tired from the school year last year. I still need a bit more time.
  • Options
    @fishakris I'm sorry you were shamed. In this day and age, with families coming in all shapes and sizes (single mom or dad, raised by grandparents, etc) I don't know why anyone feels the need to shame anyone for their parenting choices (unless blatantly harmful) We're all just doing the best we can! Try not to let it get to you. You do what's best for your family. Only you and your family know what that is. She can do what's best for her family. One is not better than the other, everything has pros and cons. I always like to remind myself "unless you're paying my bills, your opinion doesn't matter" 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I couldn't tell if her dating a brit was a good thing until the end! That's so exciting. My brother just had his first girlfriend at 27 so I can understand the excitement. It seems pretty serious so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Hope the date goes well!
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush how exciting! I hope it goes well!
  • Options
    @biolprof, Yep! Doesn't matter what religion they are, skin tone, sex, gender, ethnic background, citizenship, etc. What matters is what's in their head and heart. Good and bad people everywhere. I'm just glad she went out. (I'd prefer she not date anyone overly conservative or "right wing", but she prefers that, too, lol)
  • Options
    @fishakris You have nothing to be ashamed of. I agree with @persnickity : For me, I feel like working makes me a better mom, and my DD’s daycare is phenomenal and teaches her an incredible amount, so I don’t feel like she’s missing out on anything having 2 working parents. 

@FyreFlyeRush Oh wow! I hope the date goes well!

AFM, I was asked to travel to Europe for an international meeting at the end of next month. I’m excited for the opportunity but a little nervous since I’ll be further along and on some long flights. 
  • Options
    That's so exciting @EmilyE13! What countries will you be going to? Hopefully you can get an aisle seat for easy stretching and bathroom access!
  • Options
    That's exciting @EmilyE13! I'll second the aisle seat for walking and get a pair of compression socks to help prevent swelling.
  • Options
    Got my dress for my cousin-in-law's wedding from Rent the Runway and I am so glad I got the next size up as well. The size 4 barely fits right now and the wedding is in a week from now. The only thing I wish is that the dress is shorter. It hits me mid-calf which is such a weird length for me being 5'1 but w/e.
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 The meeting is in Barcelona, which I’ve never been to! I’m really excited. Anyone have any sights there they highly recommend?

@persnickity great idea with compression socks. I’m going to mention the trip to my OB at the anatomy scan. Obviously final decision will depend on everything going well at the scan, too. 
  • Options
    I am so over this heat!!!

• Options
    @FyreFlyeRush you can keep it! 
  • Options
    Wedding was much better than I thought it was going to be. DH and I had a ton of fun and between him and his mom they drank enough for two of me 🤣🤣🤣 and getting into dancing felt so good. DH and I met ballroom dancing at our college’s ballroom team. Soooo I definitely want to go dancing more before Athena makes her grand appearance. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I am in the same boat with the heat here in New Mexico.  Our swamp cooler doesn't work so it will be at least 85 in the house.  Usually we at least get rains in July, but nothing has happened this year.
    DH says we will replace the cooler next year because we just keep thinking that it has got to start raining.  

• Options
    @ponyoisfun, ugh. Swamp coolers are nice for desert climes, but man when they aren't efficient  they're useless! Definitely look into a window unit A/C (or 2) if you don't have central air. It's better for baby...and you! My A/C works well, thankfully.

This week is more of the same, a 93 degree day, 7 days out, but 99-100 the next 6.