April 2020 Moms

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• Is anyone having changes in symptoms? My nausea has disappeared, my boob soreness has decreased... but then my fatigue has ramped up in a big way as has bloating. 
  • @ejoseph16 I feel like I have different symptoms depending on the day. Some days I’m super nauseous. Others, not at all. The only one that’s really constant is the bloat, which totally looks so much like a bump that I’m tempted to start a Hump Day Bump Day thread. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 5w 2 d. This morning I opened my (perfectly clean) refrigerator, and it smelled like a dumpster fire in there. :s YAY PREGNANCY!
    TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I think I’m developing a sensitivity to spicy foods. I’m eating Chinese and it’s a little spicy, but I feel like I’m dying from the heat. Same thing happened yesterday when I ate some jalapeño Ranch, but DH confirmed that it was quite spicy. I’m hoping it’s not a continual thing. I usually love spicy food and I will miss it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna last in my current bras for long. My boobs have been so sore!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad I haven't stored away or donated my maternity clothes yet, because with the all bloating I'm having I definitely need stretchy pants. 

I was lucky with my first two pregnancies and barely had any morning sickness, but this time around it has shown up with a vengeance. Usually hits me in the afternoon/ evening. No fun. 
  • I feel the same way, symptoms come and go. I had a wave of nausea last afternoon. I typically take all my prenatals + B complex supplements in the morning, but i decided to move the B complex to the evening and thats the afternoon nausea hit. Not sure if it's a complete coincidence or not, cos i heard B6 helps with MS. I didnt make the same mistake today and just took them all in the morning to be on the safe side. Let's see if I have nausea today as well. 
    @mercury94 i love spicy foods as well, and i also had chinese yesterday which made me sweat. Not sure whats happening.
    I've started wearing maternity pants just to help with the bloat.
  • @mercury94 As a fellow spicy food lover, I hope you can keep eating it! Spicy food was a big craving during my first two pregnancies. For a while I carried a bottle of Frank’s in my purse!  :D

@Kathryn0903 Is your bra band already feeling tight? That always happens SO early for me, it’s weird. My best friend swears the ribcage expands in early pregnancy...?

TW: MORE DRAMA THAN LIFETIME TELEVISION!

3 miscarriages.
    2 chemical pregnancies.
    1 infant loss.

8/2016: We lost our first baby to CHARGE Syndrome and HLHS when he was 3 weeks old. 
    1/2018: Our healthy son was born. :)
    4/13/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • The bloating was really bad for me a couple days ago, I ate some buffalo cauliflower bites and after was super bloated for the whole next day, wondering if the spice or cauliflower itself was to blame - going to try and notice how what I eat makes me feel and adjust accordingly if that is possible at all haha...it has come down a bit but still there for sure. My other symptoms do tend to come and go as well, general tiredness and boob soreness seem to be the main ones though, a little nausea here and there but no MS yet thankfully! 
  • @themamalion yes, already feeling bra discomfort.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I plan on buying a few sports bra for the same reason, the band size seems to have changed.
  • I know this can be a pregnancy symptom so I am putting it here- anyone else having super crazy dreams? My dreams the past few nights have been so out there! Last night I dreamed I was married to a basketball player from Cameroon.
  • I'm 4W6D and no morning sickness yet. Sore lower back and alot of fatigue during the late morning, early afternoon hours. Sore nipples, and a bit of queasiness. Trying to enjoy feeling good while I can! 
  • @doraleigh35 I've been having a lot of vivid dreams that i remember, none that have been super crazy this far :wink:@apaperthinhymn I'm 5w6d today and have been having bouts of queasiness, sad :neutral: about possibly having MS lol 
  • Anyones uterus feeling lightly crampy and heavy?? I stand on my feet all day 3 days a week and i feel like its worse then. 
  • @doraleigh35 yes me too! I’ve been having crazy, vivid dreams usually involving awkward and embarrassing social situations. 😂
  • Caved into a craving this morning of a BLT sandwich. So good!
  • 6w3d and been having a casserole of symptoms over the past week or so. Some are certainly due to the nightly progesterone suppository, and others are definitely baby. I've had to buy new bras, and start sleeping with one on. The fatigue is real, and compounded by the fact that I am up 2-3 times a night using the bathroom or in an uncomfortable position for my sore boobs. I initially had some cramping here and there but that has mostly subsided. I also feel like i need to pee a lot and then when I go there's really not much in there. 

I ended up having to tell some co-workers what was up earlier than I was planning since I have just been SO tired and nauseous. 
  • My constipation decided to turn into diarrhea, so that’s fun. I do remember that from last pregnancy too, but it’s no fun. So, I stayed home since I can’t really take anything for that and it would be no fun at work. Bowel issues are definitely not my favorite part of pregnancy. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 that sucks. I had that starting on the day I got my BFP for 2 days. Sucks so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So my nausea has gotten worse and I’m seriously gagging now... 🤢

another odd symptom is that coffee smells delicious but I don’t like the taste anymore (same as last time). 

And the heartburn... ugh!! 😣
  • @mercury94 hope the bowel issues resolve soon and you feel better this weekend!

@mama-llama sorry you're feeling this way, but i can totally relate, i've been nauseated the past few days and it always happens between noon and early evening. I have always hated the feeling of nausea, cos i used to get car sick sometimes, and unfortunately it's something we have to deal with. The ladies here were recommending some ginger chews/candy, not sure about the brand name. I'm thinking i need some too. Its so funny, i was walking past my office cafe one morning, and thought the coffee smelled heavenly. Sucks i cant have it :neutral:

try eating small snack like fruits or yogurt between meals, it might help.
  • mercury94 you can take a probiotic- ask your local pharmacist, they will reccomend one that best suits your needs.
  • @cicchettimama00 totally! I find the days that I am in my kitchen cooking or standing at work alot, my uterus feels slightly crampy and I get lower back pain. I have been told it's normal so long as it isnt extreme? 
  • There are Preggie Pops that they sell at Target and Walgreens.  I only used them for like a week last pregnancy cause I didn’t know about them until my MS was almost gone. 

Ginger Snaps helped me out A LOT last pregnancy, must have been the combo of getting food in my belly and the ginger. 
  • @sanpelligrino thanks! Trying to use the same tricks as last pregnancy— snacks and carbs, mints and ginger mints, seabands on my wrists and sour candy (gummies) when it’s especially icky. 

I had morning sickness last time from about 5-6 weeks until 15-16. Will see how long it lasts this time. 😬
  • I knew I was pregnant before I got the BFP because I’ve been nauseous and getting abdominal pain. I even told my DH last week that I was pretty sure I was pregnant just based on my symptoms. It feels pretty similar to my other pregnancies so far. 
  • Exact same!! I am 6w3d today and have all of those same things going on.
  • babybisonbabybison member
    edited August 2019
    No pregnancy dreams yet but I remember them being vivid and sexy sexy. I think I'm having a bit of insomnia. Anyone else? I lie in bed until 3am and just cannot fall asleep! The lack of sleep, plus the pinching and cramping, is flaring up my IBS, which is no fun at all.

My first pregnancy I was against buying maternity clothes until the last minute, so I used the hair tie hack to keep my pants on. Now I'm 100% for maternity pants. No need to be any more uncomfortable than you already are!
  • @babybison I hear that! I’m so excited to put on my stretchy pants. I have enough of a belly when not pregnant that I don’t like to wear tight clothes, but when I have a baby belly to show off, I love wearing form-fitting dresses and maternity clothes  B)
  • I also have insomnia! I stayed up until 2:30am last night even though I felt exhausted. I don't know why I just feel so tired this time around. And my belly looks like it's 3 months pregnant already even though I'm only 5 weeks. Haha, so much for trying to keep it under wraps until the 20 week ultrasound. The bloat is real!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add me to the insomnia train. I usually manage to go to sleep, but then I wake up at 3 or 4 to pee and I’m up the rest of the night. I remember it being really bad last time, but mostly 3rd tri.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • First VIVID baby dream last night, and it was a girl! I have 2 boys and honestly no preference either way for what the sex of the baby is. But i woke up so convinced! 4 weeks until we find out!
  • Joining in on this thread since I just intro'd... I didn't have any symptoms to give away a BFP, but the last few days have been having aversions and a super sense of smell. Today I feel surprisingly good which of course has me worried! I think symptoms started around 6w with DS and I should be 6w tomorrow. I've heard symptoms are usually worse with subsequent pregnancies so I'm also kind of confused how I'm doing alright. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 I don’t think symptoms are necessarily worse the second time. Every pregnancy is different. My mom was super sick with my older brother, but not at all with me. Same with a few of my friends. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Oh that's so interesting! @mercury94 I need to just remember the mantra "every pregnancy is different" I've read through though and seems like other symptoms wax and wane and new ones pop up and old ones leave. I think the worst symptom of all is anxiety ;) 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • I’m 7+2 today and I feel like the fatigue has set in. I’ve been completely exhausted all day and unmotivated to do anything (including eat!). It’s not due to a lack of sleep either. (Too much sleep if anything)

Im about to start a stretch of night shifts. I’m a bit worried about how it will go!!
  • @flinstone-2 a few weeks ago I informally polled my mom group friends and it was about 50/50 worse symptoms the second time around vs. better the second time.  Seems like it's sort of a crap shoot.
  • @NiceyMeany oh this is good intel! Thank you. I had a friend tell me she polled for most common morning sickness start date and they said 8 weeks. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Is anyone a runner or other kinds of exercise? I used to get super bad pubic bone pain with DS after running and I'm already getting it here barely at 6w. Seems kinda early? That's probably my only super obvious symptom right now. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19