Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 8/12

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? 

Re: Weekly Check-in Groups 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 8/12

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/22 16w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: purple (b/g twins)

Baby is the size of a(n): newborn hat 

Upcoming Appointments: geneticist and possible amnio on Wednesday 8/14

How are you feeling?: fine. Mostly anxious about whats to come. Hoping we get some clarity on Wednesday. Still undecided on if we will do the amnio right away. 

Rants/Raves: The faucet at my sink hasn’t been getting hot water for quite awhile now, so I just haven’t been using it. We rent a house that hasn’t been updated since the late 90’s/early 00’s so not entirely surprising. DH was replacing the aerator in his faucet to fix the water pressure and on a whim decided to replace my whole faucet. I finally have hot water again and it was way easier waiting for property management to do it. We are pretty sure they won’t even notice we did it, but we saved the other one just in case. I figure we are improving the property so they can’t  be upset, right? 🤣

Questions: Had anyone bought from Copper Pearl before? They have super cute swaddle and newborn hat sets I was considering. 

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Lol too many times I’m sure. Recently I didn’t have to travel 10 hours home for my sisters bachelorette party. It would have been fun if I did go, but the thought of traveling by myself with my
    4 year old and having to stop so many times, isn’t my idea of a good time. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - I hope you get some clarity about the amnio and are at peace whatever you decide. 
    Nice job to your DH on the faucet change! I think as long as you did it correctly (no leaks and what not) they shouldn't be mad about it.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 17w+2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): game controller

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan on Sep 3rd

How are you feeling?: Really wishing this nausea would go away. It comes every evening. Starting to nest a little.

Rants/Raves: I already talked about the addition on the Randoms, so I'll talk about first day of school here. I just love the beginning of the school year. I feel like it's a fresh start! DD isn't going to school yet, but her daycare still makes the first day of school exciting and they start out a new "pre" pre-school curriculum. 

Questions: Anyone have bunk beds? I'm buying DD a mattress just for the floor, but I want to be able to put it on a bunk bed eventually and I'm wondering if I have to get a 6 inch, or an 8 inch would be okay.

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Mainly just little things, like getting DH or my siblings to get me a glass of water if I'm already sitting down. Getting someone to put DD to bed. Things like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 i havnt bought copper pearl but a few of my first bmb are having babies very soon & were discussing the copper pearl sets recently and have bought some & they look gorgeous! One of the ladies also recommended Lou Lou & company too for newborn sets though theyre really pricey.
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady yes I liked copper pearl for the affordability! Some of the more expensive ones I’ve seen have to be hand washed...which seems ridiculous with babies lol. Maybe I’ll take the plunge and get something.
  • Options
    @marebear15 a quick google search says no
    thicker than 7 inches for a top bunk. Who knows how true it is 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w1d, Jan 26

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Eclair

Upcoming Appointments: 8/27 regular OB, 8/30 Anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: Certain symptoms are making a return. My nausea and breast tenderness is picking back up. Still exhausted. Overall, I have a feeling of MEH. I think it's the high pressure system stuck over us. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing really. Just feeling blah...Oh, I did get sick of waiting for permission to begin my telework days and just TOOK them, reminding everyone I'd gotten approval for Mon-Fri and that I needed to start in August.

Questions: What is the purpose of a rubber duck?

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Recently, anything that involves being in the heat....because of the, you know, HEAT. We ahve a day this week where it's supposed to be 97!!!! Wooohoo!!!! COLD FRONT!
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 23rd- 16w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: .... still impatiently waiting over here

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can

Upcoming Appointments: MFM tomorrow for a growth scan and cervix measurement- feels like it's been forever!! I'm really nervous about this one even though I know the statistics are with me at this point

How are you feeling?: still mostly feeling good. some random pains here and there, but nausea and breast tenderness have stopped. Maybe I just am a unicorn with this twin pregnancy, but I just get so nervous because my systems are light and my bump is basically nonexistent. Tomorrow will hopefully do wonders for my mindset.

Rants/Raves: If tomorrow all goes well, looking forward to finally posting on social media this weekend. Feels like a big secret we've been keeping

Questions: I meant to ask this in the stroller thread, but for those with multiples or more than one child, do you like the vertical strollers or tandem side by side strollers? 

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Not really yet- but I have been letting people around me carry all the "heavy" things =)
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited August 2019
    @kbrown2385 good thing YH is so handy! I'm sure property management would be grateful you're doing their job for them with repairs 😝 I've never heard of copper and pearl. I'll have to check it out 🤞for a good appointment on Wednesday!

@marebear15 that's so cool that your DD's daycare makes the first day of school fun for everyone! I can't answer your measurement question about bunk beds, but I had them as a kid and thought they were SO cool. I bet DD is going to love it!

@FyreFlyeRush way to take initiative on your telework! Also, ugh to heat. I'm also not a big fan unless I'm in a pool or at the beach. 

@amb0924 🤞 for a good appointment tomorrow! I didn't know they made side by side double strollers! That's kind of cool. But, while I have no experience, I imagine the width of side by side would make it harder to maneuver in some places, especially store aisles.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 25th/ 16wks2days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Upcoming Appointments: August 30th. Anatomy scan Sept 17th.

How are you feeling?: Good overall but my nipples are crazy tingly and sensitive all the time and it's really, really annoying. Anxious for my next appt. This is the longest I've gone between appointments and it feels nerve wracking for some reason. 

Rants/Raves: I've been giving myself a little more relaxation time in pregnancy and have started reading again. I've always been a bookworm but life happens and I don't give myself enough time to read anymore. It's been nice diving into books again. 

Questions: when did you first start feeling baby? I still haven't felt anything though as a FTM, I think that's normal. 

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Yes, but mostly just with MH. Little things, like getting me a drink or a snack. Also, love that he is officially on cat box duty. My OB said that since they're indoor cats I shouldn't worry too much but he doesn't have to know that.  I mean, better safe than sorry! 😜

Edit: grammar and more to add
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Yay about the faucet. We actually just changed ours not too long ago as well (though we own our home). The faucet that came with the house was also like from the early 00s and was awful. So awful in fact that we had to hack saw it out of the sink it was so rusted in. IT was a flipping nightmare. Luckily the new one was super easy to install so we had a faucet by the end of the night but it could have been bad.

@peppyj9 I haven't felt anything since that one maybe flutter a few weeks ago. I think we are still good <3

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17, 17+3

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 4th anatomy scan, Sept 30ths for 24 weeks, and then Nov 1st for 28 weeks

How are you feeling?: Good. Chicken and pork kinda put me off still but other than that I feel great. Just random pains when I stand up to fast, or dizziness or both... THat's fun. I gotta slow down on the getting up part. I think I have tendinitis in my foot which is not awesome, but ok. Though I was limping by the end of the car show yesterday and stayed off my feet for most of the rest of the day. So cardio is kinda off the table this week for workouts.

Rants/Raves: Appointment went well today, but I'll recap in the appointments thread. Back home without incident (though a baby dear tried to run out in front of me which was not cool and we did see an accident this morning on our way to work happen). I don't wanna go to the wedding next week but we are going. OOO 

Questions: none currently

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Not really. I did use it as an excuse last night to get Dumplings and Fried Watons for my takeout order last night because I couldn't decided LOL. SO I decided I could get both cuz I'm pregnant :P 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17, 17+4

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan 8/23

How are you feeling?: The past week I've had a lot of lower abdominal pain. It's kind of a dull, aching feeling, usually when I move or stand up, and I'm thinking it's round ligament pain. I'm still tired, but I think it's a little better than before. 

Rants/Raves: I'm a little worried because I moved my anatomy scan up a week so my husband can attend. Now it's at 19+1. I know my dr said it should be after 20 weeks, but I really wanted my husband to be there. I hope they can still see everything they need to.
    Last week we started to tell people that we're pregnant! It's exciting and scary too. I'm really hoping things don't go south again because it would be terrible to let everyone know. My only other pregnancy was a loss at 12 weeks many years ago, and I'm thankful nobody knew at the time.
    In super-exciting, non pregnancy news, I flew to PA last week and met a half-brother that no one in the family ever knew about! It was absolutely amazing! He was adopted at birth and had never met anyone related to him until he found our family on ancestry.com. He's older than me, 49, and has 3 boys so now I have nephews! It feels amazing to have my family grow in so many ways lately. My heart is so full. 

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? 
    I've done little things, like ask my husband to make breakfast because "the baby wants pancakes." Also, it's an easy (and true) excuse to not stay out with friends very late because I'm tired. 

@peppyj9, I'm not sure if I've felt the baby move yet either. I've had flutters, that I really think is baby, but they aren't consistent so I'm not sure. Everyone says it's one of the greatest parts of pregnancy, so I'm excited for it to start. 

@amb0924, hoping for a great appt for you tomorrow! 

@FyreFlyeRush, aren't rubber duckies like bathtime stuffed animals? Cute and fun and make kiddos smile! 
  • Options
    @stashattack that's reassuring. I guess I'm just anxious for it. Like "hey little baby, how are ya doing in there?" I like your pregnancy logic to order both dumplings and fried wontons 😉 glad you had a good appointment today! 

@noranorabobora hey! Missed you around here! Glad you're doing well and starting to tell people about your pregnancy. Enjoy it! 😊 Also, that's amazing about your brother!! You just gained a whole new family! I have a little sister that was put up for adoption and I'd love to find her, but a)I wouldn't know where to start and b) what if she doesn't know she's adopted? I wouldn't want to be the one to burst that bubble. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I feel like lil baby owes us some reassurance with some movement. I'm totally with you haha!! I poke my belly sometimes saying "hey, you in there" :P 
  • Options
    @peppyj9, I've been able to know for sure that movement is baby, and not bubbles, but only sometimes. This is my third child. And I did the same thing with reading. I've been doing it more often. It feel glorious. I can't wait for.a rainy fall day where I can sit with a cuo of tea and read while my son and SO snore away the morning. 
  • Options
    @noranorabobora been thinking about you!! I'm glad to hear all is well =) How's your Lovenox going? My doctor started me on baby aspirin to prevent preeclampsia, but I've been noticing more bruising lately 
  • Options
    @stashattack oh man! Thankfully there was no hack sawing involved and dh probably would have stopped if it came to that lol. 

@amb0924 gl for a great appt! I’ve pushed a tandem and decided to do a side by side because it felt like pushing a bus. We already have a single stroller from ds so we will be using that and wearing the other for the first few months. I really like the joovy scooter x2 for when they can sit up. Unfortunately it doesn’t take infant seats or lay flat for newborns. 
  • Options
    @noranorabobora we just had a growth scan at 16 weeks and were able to see everything so I’m sure 19 weeks will be fine. what amazing news about your half brother! I’m glad you were able to meet him! 

@peppyj9 dh has been on cat box duty since i was pregnant with ds. At our first appt the nurse told him he has to continue. Can’t say I’m complaining haha. I didn’t feel ds until 21 weeks so it’s still considered pretty early for you. 
  • Options
    @amb0924 im going with a side by side aswell, mostly based on its the double version of what i have now & love. Id say go have a look & then test drive different options & see what you like best & what you think will work for you
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I can't imagine your landlord would complain to be honest. I have done that sort of thing many times in a rental especially for small stuff. And now you have a working faucet! Also, I'm really hoping all the future scans and whatnot come out great!

@marebear15 I wish the nausea would go away too. Every time I think I am done throwing up, I start up all over again...

@stashattack I'm so glad that appointment went well! Boo for tendinitis though. Lots of rest and stretching and ice. Can't take any NSAIDs while pregnant though which is a bummer...

@peppyj9 ditto for the tingly boobs. It's weird. Is that the let down sensation?

@amb0924 Hoping your appointment gives you a little peace of mind.

@FyreFlyeRush 97F is the cold front??? I hope that's a joke... what are you living in hell right now?!

@noranorabobora I saw someone on the board got their anatomy scan at 18 weeks. I can't imagine it's an issue.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 25th; 16 + 2

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): tall as a iced grande latte. Finally one I can actually visualize lol

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday Aug 14 for 16 week check up

How are you feeling?: better overall. Just wishing that I would stop throwing up/being nauseated. But at least I have more energy so that's a bonus

Rants/Raves: Just got back from vacation to see family. While I was nervous about flying (since I miscarried twice after flying coincidentally) once we got there everything was fine. After missing our connection we miraculously caught the next one on standby and weren't too delayed. Had lots of fun swimming and shopping and eating and just hanging out. Got back really late last night though and I'm back at work today so that's a bit rough but luckily I'm leaving again on Thursday. August is my only time to take off work so I might as well take advantage!

Questions: Anyone else have sinus trouble and if so what have you done to make it better?

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason? Definitely used this excuse to leave early from a terrible wedding. DH was very happy about that lol.

• Options
    @biolprof I may have wanted to throw my phone when each website kept saying "take an NSAID to help with swelling". I felt like saying "I would have done that already if I could MORON" But that's the pregnancy hormones talking I know. Yeah I used my lunch box Ice Pack to ice my foot at work and it's been helping a bit. I need to do it more often though that's for sure.

@kbrown2385 I know! It was a mess but having a working faucet was so worth it for sure. LOL. 

@noranorabobora I was just reading month 5 in What to Expect When You are Expecting, and they said anything between 18-21ish weeks is fine for the anatomy scan if that helps <3

• Options
    @noranorabobora I got my anatomy scan at 18+6 and was super nervous it was too early but the technician said it was no issue and everything was seen. Try not to worry, the added support of having your husband there will be special :) 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 I understand your reservations about your sister, but I do think more family is always a blessing! If you were in her situation, wouldn't you want to know your sister? I'd start by taking ancestry and 23andme tests and seeing if she's also on there (maybe she's already looking for you!). It's becoming more and more common I think. It's the most amazing thing! My half brother and i have so much in common, despite having just met. Plus a couple of my nephews have started calling me Aunt Nora already, it melts my heart into a puddle. I just regret not knowing them sooner.

@amb0924 Confession time: I haven't restarted my Lovenox yet. My dr wants me to, especially since I was just going on a cross-country plane trip, but I'm very nervous. Mentally, I connect the Lovenox to the SCH and month of bleeding that I had. I know I need to go back on to protect my health, but I was so scared for my baby. I'll restart after my anatomy scan (or at least that's what I tell myself).
  • Options
    @biolprof I’m glad your flights were a success and you had a good vacation! It’s possible you have pregnancy rhinitis. From what I can recall you’ve been dealing with sinus issues for a while, right? I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do other than saline rinses for it. Maybe something to discuss with your ob. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 for my first baby.  I didn't feel any definite movement till around 20 weeks.  With this baby I had light kicking last night. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 01/23, 16w 5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): pop can

Upcoming Appointments: 9/03

How are you feeling?: Still super tired.  Starting to swell in my hands. I had to take off the wedding bands.  

Rants/Raves: I got mom shamed by a friend of mine today.  Kinda ticked me off.  Why can't we just be supportive towards one another? 

Questions: I've been up peeing a ton. Any one else have an uptick in frequency? 

Not yet... I'm reserving that for something good.  Lol. 
  • Options
    @biolprof hey there,  I've had lots of sinus issues.  I take zyrtec regular and benadryl for when we go camping.  Another idea is there is a nasal spray called Ocean that's just saline. 
  • Options
    @fishakris I’m peeing way more lately. I go from “I think I have to pee” to “i may not make it to the bathroom” within like a 5 minute span of time. Also, that is super shitty of your friend! Sorry you had to deal with that. 
  • Options
    Thanks @kbrown2385 and @fishakris for the suggestions. My nausea is definitely tied to my sinuses. I can't even get away with just saline spray. I have a strict regimen of Claritin and twice daily sinus rinses and I'm barely holding on. I've been trying to hold out to talk to my OB this week which is on Wednesday but I'm not sure there's a lot they can do. I just don't want it to turn into an infection...but also would like also not be nauseated. Hopefully there's something else that will work...

@fishakris I don't know why people have to shame others. My hope is that she didn't realize what she was doing. A quick statement that you felt shamed by what she said might be helpful?
  • Options
    @biolprof For my sinus the doctor had me switch from Claritin to Zyrtec. I guess you can get used to one kind.  I hope you get some relief.  
     As for my friend,  I don't think she'd be introspective. If I'm still upset,  I might bring it up again.  Thank you for the support.  
  • Options
    @fishakris yes, I've definitely seen an uptick in peeing. Not just an increase in frequency, but a decrease in force? That's not the right word, but you know, it's more if a trickle. I'm already having to get up a couple times a night to go, which I hate. 
  • Options
    @noranorabobora
    I absolutely do not blame you! You need to keep your mind in order too. Peace of mind is 100% important so I get it =) My MFM put me on baby aspirin and the next day I ended up with a huge bruise and so I stopped taking it for a week too. 
  • Options
    @biolprof I found that yoga stretches can help open up sinuses if it's pregnancy rhinitis. There's something about them that helps open up the passages and helps.

@fishakris I saw that about your friend in the other post. That would have made me upset. Mom shaming can get pretty terrible.

@kbrown2385 hooray for a fixed faucet! If they ever do complain, it's easy to swap it back since you saved the old one. Can't imagine there would be issues as long as the new one fit the house, like not putting in a bronze one with everything stainless.
  • Options
    @persnickity I should really find a prenatal yoga routine I like. That's a great suggestion!
  • Options

@kbrown2385 I personally haven't bought from there but I have friends that have and I've never heard a complaint!
    @marebear15 I love the beginning of the school year!  I enjoy back to school shopping and getting everyone on a schedule from summer.  My four year old is doing her second year of preschool and she's getting excited to go back!
    @FyreFlyeRush I laughed at your 97 cold front!  97 is HOT and gross.
    @amb0924 I like both type of strollers just depending on the situation.  A lot of side by side strollers these days will fit through a door.  
    @noranorabobora 19 weeks is fine!  That's when I had mine with my last daughter.  I asked to do it a little early because my husband was leaving the country and I wanted him to be there and my doctor was totally fine with it!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 24th, 16+6

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Almost a pear!

Upcoming Appointments:  I have an appointment next Friday for my 18 week check.

How are you feeling?:  I'm doing well. My nipples are killing me.  Heartburn city over here so I've added a daily Zantac to my diet.   

Rants/Raves: I'm still waiting for baby kicks.  I feel like I felt them by now with my other two so its hard to wait for it.  Sometimes my anxiety creeps up and I start to worry if everything is still good with baby because I can't feel anything.  My other two pregnancies I had anterior placentas so I'm no stranger to not feeling much but the anticipation is killing me!

Questions:  Nope

GTKY: Have you used “being pregnant” as an excuse to get out of doing something? What was the reason?   With my husband yes.  I've used it a few times to get out of making dinner and just order out.  No regrets.
  • Options
    @mispanda, I haven't been feeling them since I said i was feeling them. I'm back to "is that a baby or gas" movements. And I know I felt DD by this time, and pretty sure I felt DS1, too. Yeah...the "cold front" brought rain (yay!!!!), lows in the upper 70s and ONE DAY with a high of 97. We're back to 103. But, the end is literally in sight, mid nineties by the end of next week. I always joke that in June, we're going UGH! It's going to be NINETY today. And when September rolls around, it's WOOOHOO!!! It's only going to be NINETY today!!!
  • Options
    @mispanda no movement for me. Even at my last appointment a few days ago, we could hear the movement but I couldn't feel it yet.