December 2019 Moms

Re: FFFC 8/9

• Options

I had to come to work early today.  DH had to handle DS1 all on his own.  He called and was stressed out.  I felt a bit vindicated.  I don't think he really knew all the things I did in the morning to get him ready.  Normally, DH is gone first. 

To be fair this is more than normal right now because DS1 is sick, and administering the meds can be a nightmare. 

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I have no control with caffeine

@Stac928 I sometimes leave early for meetings just so my H has to do the morning routine with the boys, so that I can see if he actually knows how to do it and get them to school on time hahahah. 

^^^ Thats probably flameful. Oh well. Also, this week I have started cleaning out the house since we will be going from 3000 sq ft to 1200 sq ft, I am all "GET RID OF IT ALL" Well my husband just shoves crap places and has no concept of organization. Pretty sure I have thrown away lots of stuff I probably should have...

• Options
    @Stac928 Oh I definitely feel vindicated any time my husband has to do any sort of childcare that I typically do. They really don't seem to have any idea of all the things involved. Not to mention the entire topic of emotional labour. I don't want to get too far into it right now, but talking to my husband about all the things that got added with a kid that he just never thought about. I started listing things like "what size diapers? how many does he have left? when are his next shots due? what's his doctor's name? what size clothes is he wearing now? when was the last time he pooped?" etc etc and he started realizing just how much he had no idea about. 

We seem to do a lot of food confessions, but I will join in and say that I ate peach pie for lunch not once, but twice this week. It was a home-baked pie, I couldn't let it go to waste!  
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea @Stac928 I agree my husband has no clue sometimes how much is involved with everything day to day and he gets so frustrated on weekends doing simple tasks that do not go smooth. I hate to even admit that he has never taken both girls out by himself since my second daughter was born. I do it every single day and some days go fine and some are tough (my 4 year old is on the spectrum). It really drives me up the wall. Maybe I am just extra bitter today because I was up at 5am with a teething rash baby giving her a bath while he went to the gym. 

I made my own  chocolate fondu last night with apples, bananas, marshmallows and rice krispy squares. And put my kids to bed early so I could enjoy it. 
  • Options
    We live in a small home (1k sqft) so by necessity we can't clutter much and we are very particular with what we buy-- we spend very little money and track it all.  However we've been really wanting some additional under the bed storage containers as well as the ice cream maker attachment for the kitchenaid mixer.

BOTH went up for sale on the neighborhood marketplace group today!!! Picking them up after work.  So excited!

So I hear you @klmcguire that said my husband loves organizing and cleaning,  I call him Danny Tanner to tease sometimes lol so fortunately we're pretty well organized. 
  • Options
    IDK if this is an opinion or a confession but I saw my friend in FebMonthClub mention it, and it NEEDS ADDRESSED here too. Adult birthday celebrations, other than you turning 30, or 50, do not need some huge fiasco-of-a-party or celebration. Why do some people need so much attention...I swear I know some ppl that still celebrate their birthday for an entire week! 

Also I woke up at 9 today. :#
    Image result for sleeping gif
  • Options
    @ktmaesim I don't celebrate my birthday at all 😬 neither does my husband we're both like "who cares". The two of us might get a pizza but we don't do anything with friends or what have you. 

I'm super averse to anything that involves me being the center of attention. 
  • Options
    mine came back to me.... my botox is wearing off and i've already googled if you can get it while BF (the answer is yes, praise be!)
  • Options
    I am supposed to be packing food for a family camping trip we Ieave for tonight. I am sitting here watching YouTube videos instead.